Dave B
16th December 2010, 13:32
Ah but Spain is a special case.

Spain has a very rich bank...

SGWilko
16th December 2010, 13:34

As well it maybe, but is Spain next after Portugal for a potential Eurozone bailout. It is, like many countries in the zone, on its knees financially....

I am evil Homer
16th December 2010, 14:31

Not that rich, not by a long shot.

Mark
16th December 2010, 14:39
They are right tho, with the number of places that want a Grand Prix, there isn't room for going to a country twice.

Valencia should be dropped IMO, it's not a great track and it's not even that far from Barcelona.

Roamy
16th December 2010, 15:16
I don't like street circuits. So I understand Rome would be one. So thumbs down from me.

SGWilko
16th December 2010, 15:17
I don't like street circuits. So I understand Rome would be one. So thumbs down from me.

And anyway, I bet it takes 'em longer than a day to build as well...........

ShiftingGears
16th December 2010, 15:57
The proposed Rome circuit is crap, and so is Valencia. Italy can have two grands prix if they have Imola without the crappy chicanes. And if they can't have that, I wouldn't mind Pescara either :p :

Retro Formula 1
16th December 2010, 16:01
And anyway, I bet it takes 'em longer than a day to build as well...........

Ba-boom.... Tishhhh

gloomyDAY
16th December 2010, 16:17
Ferrari are right!

I just hope Borelencia gets taken off the calendar.
Slept through that race over the past 2 seasons.

UltimateDanGTR
16th December 2010, 17:29
To be fair the 2010 European GP was actually an OK race-but only due to the safety car.

Rome would be waste of time. France, Mexico, Argentina and South Africa are the places F1 should be thinking about-not another italian race, and certainly not another race in Spain, where a native once actually called it the 'F****d hell' in motor racing terms.

Hawkmoon
16th December 2010, 22:32
There are so many better places to hold a race than trying to shoe horn a circuit into a city. One thing this season has shown is that if the circuit is suitable the racing will be good. If the circuit is rubbish (Abu Dhabi) the racing is rubbish. Street circuits are rarely anything but rubbish.

No country should have two races. The European GP should be just that, an event that moves around Europe and not one that stays at a rather pathetic circuit in Valencia.

Tazio
16th December 2010, 23:47
I'd say it would be a fairly good fight
I think Rome would have the tactical advantage over Ferrari
Bringing an open wheeler that provide no protection
Roman archers would pepper the Ferrari’s
OTOH If Luca gets his way Ferrari could bring legions
0f specially designed challengers that could engage Rome with a frontal attack while assembling up into Phalanx formations
On the Flanks They would employ their elite Calvary including famous mercenaries like Mike the elder Ralf the younger and Nico, and Kettel the Huns
Jarno could bottle up a lot of the Roman forces by being a rolling chicane. His martyrdom will be bound up in the triumphant history for millennia and provide the diversion for Fred, and Lewis to make an end run. Kimi the Vicoden and Kubinski the Pole would have the prototype Ferrari stealth rally car. And bore the remaining Romans to death. The battle will be the greatest in the illustrious history of Ferrari.
The victors will be immortalized with a profound declaration by Kimi before he got really hammered:
“I came. I ate an Ice cream cone, I had a shyte :s ailor:

Koz
17th December 2010, 01:11
I'd say it would be a fairly good fight
I think Rome would have the tactical advantage over Ferrari
Bringing an open wheeler that provide no protection
Roman archers would pepper the Ferrari’s
OTOH If Luca gets his way Ferrari could bring legions
0f specially designed challengers that could engage Rome with a frontal attack while assembling up into Phalanx formations
On the Flanks They would employ their elite Calvary including famous mercenaries like Mike the elder Ralf the younger and Nico, and Kettel the Huns
Jarno could bottle up a lot of the Roman forces by being a rolling chicane. His martyrdom will be bound up in the triumphant history for millennia and provide the diversion for Fred, and Lewis to make an end run. Kimi the Vicoden and Kubinski the Pole would have the prototype Ferrari stealth rally car. And bore the remaining Romans to death. The battle will be the greatest in the illustrious history of Ferrari.
The victors will be immortalized with a profound declaration by Kimi before he got really hammered:
“I came. I ate an Ice cream cone, I had a shyte :s ailor:

What more fitting place to crown a Caesar then in Rome? :D

UltimateDanGTR
21st January 2011, 17:32
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89031

Rome has now given up on trying to get a grand prix. Thank goodness, with more and more countries as potential GP venues, we dont need 2 races in a country anywhere.

Allyc85
21st January 2011, 19:49
Agreed, we just need Valencia to be dropped now!