PDA

View Full Version : Di Montezemolo slams below par Massa

CNR
15th December 2010, 06:59
*&*& *&^^&&*^^^&**
reading this gives me the %^&*^&%^ i wont to get hold of Di Montezemolo and *&&*(* an beet the (*&&* out of him Di Montezemolo is a f**&&(t
http://www.planet-f1.com/news/3213/6578668/Di-Montezemolo-slams-below-par-Massa

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has criticised Felipe Massa's performance this season, saying that he drove like his brother.

why drive to win when you know you will be told to move over ?

F1boat
15th December 2010, 07:23
Pointless.

ArrowsFA1
15th December 2010, 07:35
Luca's words may seem harsh but there's no doubt that Felipe did not have a good season. The driver we saw in 2008 seemed to have gone AWOL, whatever the reason.

Dave B
15th December 2010, 08:09
Massa strikes me as the sort of driver who needs a supportive arm round the shoulder every once in a while. Unless it's supposed to be some clever reverse psychology, I can't see how slagging him off publicly is meant to help. :s

Felipe was on the brink of winning a race when he was informed in no uncertain terms that he's the team's #2 driver. I think most people would have trouble staying motivated after that.

pino
15th December 2010, 08:13
*&*& *&^^&&*^^^&**
reading this gives me the %^&*^&%^ i wont to get hold of Di Montezemolo and *&&*(* an beet the (*&&* out of him Di Montezemolo is a f**&&(t

why drive to win when you know you will be told to move over ?

Wow...shame on Montezemolo for criticize his well payed driver for not performing as expected :rolleyes: And yes Massa is payed for driving for the team, not for himself and he's been told that many many times. So he better start performing or he will end at Force India or Toro Rosso.

btw why you get so mad about it, when you don't even know what Montezemolo said or how he said that. I saw the interview on Sky Italy and Montezemolo was smiling and cool when talking about Massa.

pino
15th December 2010, 08:16
Massa strikes me as the sort of driver who needs a supportive arm round the shoulder every once in a while. Unless it's supposed to be some clever reverse psychology, I can't see how slagging him off publicly is meant to help. :s

Felipe was on the brink of winning a race when he was informed in no uncertain terms that he's the team's #2 driver. I think most people would have trouble staying motivated after that.

Dave, when you sign for Ferrari you are told that the Team comes first...don't tell me you didn't know that because I won't believe you ;)

N4D13
15th December 2010, 09:14
Just curious - is it April 1st and I hadn't realized?

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/4392/dibujoonj.th.jpg (http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/4392/dibujoonj.jpg)

Hawkmoon
15th December 2010, 09:39

So what was his problem for the 10 races prior to that? Somebody forget to pat him on the back and tell him he's a good lad? If you drive like a number 2 you should expect to get treated like one. When he was driving like a number 1 in 2008 the team treated him accordingly.

SGWilko
15th December 2010, 09:41
So he better start performing or he will end at Force India

Or, heaven forbid, they will pay for a Force India driver to come in, drive for them and embarrass the team completely....

This is the Ferrari BAshing Forum, init?

When in Rome, and all that....... :p

I am evil Homer
15th December 2010, 09:42
It's true he had a below par season...I didn't expect him to live with Alonso as I think Fred is a class above Felipe but to be comprehensively beaten by him and your neaerest competitors shows something wasn't right in 2010.

And he is a #2 driver and is well aware of that before the 'order'

SGWilko
15th December 2010, 09:45
So what was his problem for the 10 races prior to that? Somebody forget to pat him on the back and tell him he's a good lad? If you drive like a number 2 you should expect to get treated like one. When he was driving like a number 1 in 2008 the team treated him accordingly.

Am I missing sommat here, or have we forgotten that Alonso was brought in - at great expense, not only in terms of money, but to the detriment of a current driver who was sent packing mid contract - given just about everything he wanted (and probably including first refusal on Burlesque-oni's star birds), Massa being forced in the process to become a designated No.2 driver, and they have the cheek to moan at his performance?

Feck me, whatever next....?

pino
15th December 2010, 09:47
Or, heaven forbid, they will pay for a Force India driver to come in, drive for them and embarrass the team completely....

This is the Ferrari BAshing Forum, init?

When in Rome, and all that....... :p

Yes it's the Ferrari Bashing Forum so feel free to post what ever you want ;)

Hawkmoon
15th December 2010, 10:19
Am I missing sommat here, or have we forgotten that Alonso was brought in - at great expense, not only in terms of money, but to the detriment of a current driver who was sent packing mid contract - given just about everything he wanted (and probably including first refusal on Burlesque-oni's star birds), Massa being forced in the process to become a designated No.2 driver, and they have the cheek to moan at his performance?

Feck me, whatever next....?

Raikkonen underperformed for 2 seasons prior to getting the boot. Massa wasn't forced into a number 2 role this year until he'd proven that he wasn't going to be a number 1. He wasn't able to compete with Alonso from very early in the season.

Ferrari had no problem with making Raikkonen support Massa in 2008 despite the fact that he was getting paid significantly more than the Brazillian. Do you really think they wouldn't have done the same this year if Massa was performing like he did in 2008 and not driving like ****, which he did for the entire year, not just after Germany?

SGWilko
15th December 2010, 11:25
Do you really think they wouldn't have done the same this year if Massa was performing like he did in 2008 and not driving like ****, which he did for the entire year, not just after Germany?

You're kidding right?

WIth the money bankrolled by Santander, to get rid of Kimi and get Alonso in the No.1 seat?

I very much doubt it.

It had to be Alonso or nothing - and I think his reaction when he and the team fubarred it up at the race - backs that sentiment.

And while it is a theory only, I suspect the downturn in Kimi's performance was engineered to justify what was gonna happen, rather than tother way round.

I am evil Homer
15th December 2010, 11:35
Raikkonen underperformed for 2 seasons prior to getting the boot. Massa wasn't forced into a number 2 role this year until he'd proven that he wasn't going to be a number 1. He wasn't able to compete with Alonso from very early in the season.

Ferrari had no problem with making Raikkonen support Massa in 2008 despite the fact that he was getting paid significantly more than the Brazillian. Do you really think they wouldn't have done the same this year if Massa was performing like he did in 2008 and not driving like ****, which he did for the entire year, not just after Germany?

See when people write unmitigiated crap like this it's no wonder the forum goes to pot....that underperformer would be the same World Champion Raikkonen yes? If winning the highest accolade is your idea of underperforming i'd love to know what you consider "average" performance....break dancing on the podium?

He quite clearly didn't underperform for two whole years however you cut it.

Cooper_S
15th December 2010, 11:36
You're kidding right?

And while it is a theory only, I suspect the downturn in Kimi's performance was engineered to justify what was gonna happen, rather than the other way round.

Much as that theory will appeal to many (Kimi has never said as much AFAIK).

I think Kimi after finally winning the WDC went into don't give a sh*t mode... and his desire to do more rallying showed this. Kimi with the bit between his teeth was a force but he was performing well below his best and that was down to him not his teams urgency to sign Alonso... IMO

Big Ben
15th December 2010, 11:40
You're kidding right?

WIth the money bankrolled by Santander, to get rid of Kimi and get Alonso in the No.1 seat?

I very much doubt it.

It had to be Alonso or nothing - and I think his reaction when he and the team fubarred it up at the race - backs that sentiment.

And while it is a theory only, I suspect the downturn in Kimi's performance was engineered to justify what was gonna happen, rather than tother way round.

:laugh: the things one can read here :laugh: I think the new forum name is just perfect

CNR
15th December 2010, 11:41
*&*& *&^^&&*^^^&**

add Kolles to the list of Dheads

Kolles blames drivers for HRT's 2010 letdown
http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=396453&FS=F1

Team boss Colin Kolles on Wednesday blamed HRT's (http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=396453&FS=F1#)lack of success in 2010 on its selection of inexperienced drivers.

The Spanish team, ultimately 11th in the constructors' championship ahead of Virgin but with the least competitive car in the field, began its debut season with the rookie pairing Bruno Senna alongside Karun Chandhok.

fandango
15th December 2010, 12:35
What a non-story.

N4D13
15th December 2010, 13:10
Much as that theory will appeal to many (Kimi has never said as much AFAIK).

I think Kimi after finally winning the WDC went into don't give a sh*t mode... and his desire to do more rallying showed this. Kimi with the bit between his teeth was a force but he was performing well below his best and that was down to him not his teams urgency to sign Alonso... IMO
Possibly, but maybe his lack of communication skills had to do with this. It's possible that the 2008 and 2009 cars were better tailored to Massa than Kimi. In any case, the fact that Alonso has been consistently faster than Felipe during the entire season doesn't speak really well about Kimi's 2008 and 2009 performances.

Hawkmoon
15th December 2010, 13:27
See when people write unmitigiated crap like this it's no wonder the forum goes to pot....that underperformer would be the same World Champion Raikkonen yes? If winning the highest accolade is your idea of underperforming i'd love to know what you consider "average" performance....break dancing on the podium?

He quite clearly didn't underperform for two whole years however you cut it.

Maybe I didn't make it clear enough. I'll repeat for the slow ones up the back. Raikkonen drove for Ferrari for 3 years. He had 1 great one (2007) winning the WDC then 2 below par ones (2008 and 2009) before he was shown the door. Hence why I said he underperformed for 2 years. He was beaten by Massa in 2008 and 2009 before Massa was hurt. That's what I call underperforming from a world champion and the man who supposedly scared Michael Schumacher into retirement.

Cooper_S
15th December 2010, 13:30
the man who supposedly scared Michael Schumacher into retirement.

That would explain why MS cane back...

Tazio
15th December 2010, 14:40
Marseille France Reuters-15-10-2010-Ferrari Racing Driver Felipe Massa's body found in sleazy hotel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9L5k2sPMZo

Retro Formula 1
15th December 2010, 15:59
That would explain why MS cane back...

When you look at it logically, Massa and Rubins were not so far off the pace of Schumacher when he was #1 at Ferrari and Kimi was about on Massa's pace with equal treatment.

But now we have Alonso head and shoulders (armpits, chest, waist) above Massa showing that perhaps the German was about the same level as Massa and Alonso is quite superior.

Tazio
15th December 2010, 20:09
When you look at it logically, Massa and Rubins were not so far off the pace of Schumacher when he was #1 at Ferrari and Kimi was about on Massa's pace with equal treatment.

But now we have Alonso head and shoulders (armpits, chest, waist) above Massa showing that perhaps the German was about the same level as Massa and Alonso is quite superior.It's a big mistake applying logic into objective evaluations.
Opinions are always a more empirical solution when one wants to determine the truth.
You should know better than that.

airshifter
16th December 2010, 04:56
Maybe I didn't make it clear enough. I'll repeat for the slow ones up the back. Raikkonen drove for Ferrari for 3 years. He had 1 great one (2007) winning the WDC then 2 below par ones (2008 and 2009) before he was shown the door. Hence why I said he underperformed for 2 years. He was beaten by Massa in 2008 and 2009 before Massa was hurt. That's what I call underperforming from a world champion and the man who supposedly scared Michael Schumacher into retirement.

So a third and a sixth in the WDC are sub par years after taking a WDC?

Massa didn't have a great year, but all the hype about Alonso had to affect his performance some, along with bouncing back from his injury. I'm sure the entire "pull over for Alonso" thing really motivated him to improve too. :rolleyes:

Lalo
16th December 2010, 13:35
It's true that Felipe didn't have a good season, so what? Ferrari was pretty much in contention for the Constructors Championship anyway. Two years ago, he "almost" wins the Drivers Crown! It's still quite a miracle he is driving again after his accident in 09.

There are better ways to critic your driver, that's for sure. This one is not motivating at all.

SGWilko
16th December 2010, 13:36
It's true that Felipe didn't have a good season, so what? Ferrari was pretty much in contention for the Constructors Championship anyway. Two years ago, he "almost" wins the Drivers Crown! It's still quite a miracle he is driving again after his accident in 09.

There are better ways to critic your driver, that's for sure. This one is not motivating at all.

....which makes me suspect there will be a change in driver line-up in the near future....

Lalo
16th December 2010, 13:43
....which makes me suspect there will be a change in driver line-up in the near future....

Looks likely mate. Too bad, red suites Felipe..

As long as he lands in a team that can allow him to win the championship and has a competitive car, it's fine by me ;)

Hawkmoon
16th December 2010, 22:44

Massa didn't have a great year, but all the hype about Alonso had to affect his performance some, along with bouncing back from his injury. I'm sure the entire "pull over for Alonso" thing really motivated him to improve too. :rolleyes:

If Massa is that fragile mentally that mere "hype" about his teammate is enough to knock him off his game then he should accept a number 2 role and be done with it. Having world champion teammates hasn't had much affect on Hamilton's confidence.

And yes, Raikkonen's final two years with Ferrari were poor by the standards of a world champion. When compared to Massa's performances in 2008 and 2009 Raikkonen didn't deliver what he should have and was rightly let go when Alonso became available.

airshifter
17th December 2010, 05:01
If Massa is that fragile mentally that mere "hype" about his teammate is enough to knock him off his game then he should accept a number 2 role and be done with it. Having world champion teammates hasn't had much affect on Hamilton's confidence.

And yes, Raikkonen's final two years with Ferrari were poor by the standards of a world champion. When compared to Massa's performances in 2008 and 2009 Raikkonen didn't deliver what he should have and was rightly let go when Alonso became available.

Driving with Lewis apparently got into Alonso's head a great deal. Enough that he accused the team of robbing him of a fair chance by giving him inferior equipment.

As for driving with Jenson, I don't think it bothered Hamilton at all, as everyone knows Button had the superior car when he took his title.

Kimi and Felipe have both managed something Alonso is lacking. Without blatant team orders, they have supported each other in the quest for a title. Massa missed his by a point, Kimi managed to get one. In either case knowing he was allowed to race had to be a much better motivator for Felipe vs having to slow him down to allow Alonso to pass.

ioan
17th December 2010, 18:07
Wow...shame on Montezemolo for criticize his well payed driver for not performing as expected :rolleyes:

Wow, an Italian internet jokey supporting the 'bella figura', why am I not surprised?! :p :

Take care, your eyes might roll out of their orbs and you will not be able to 'moderate' this forum anymore. :laugh:

ioan
17th December 2010, 18:12
Raikkonen underperformed for 2 seasons prior to getting the boot. Massa wasn't forced into a number 2 role this year until he'd proven that he wasn't going to be a number 1.

Yeah, right! Massa was forced into teh #2 role exactly when he was on his way to equal Teflonso's best performance of the season.
How strange isn't it?!

ioan
17th December 2010, 18:14

:up:

ioan
17th December 2010, 18:17
If Massa is that fragile mentally that mere "hype" about his teammate is enough to knock him off his game

So being told to move over when winning your first race after you almost died exactly one year before is called mere "hype" for the fist shakers champ?
Oh well, don't know what happened to common sense however it certainly didn't land in the Ferrari supporters camp. :\

Big Ben
17th December 2010, 18:30
Bad move from LdM. If FM is such an unstable guy they should not upset him.

Big Ben
17th December 2010, 18:35
So being told to move over when winning your first race after you almost died exactly one year before is called mere "hype" for the fist shakers champ?
Oh well, don't know what happened to common sense however it certainly didn't land in the Ferrari supporters camp. :\

:laugh: you´ve come to bring piss to world didn't you? :laugh:

Big Ben
17th December 2010, 18:39
Yeah, right! Massa was forced into teh #2 role exactly when he was on his way to equal Teflonso's best performance of the season.
How strange isn't it?!

huh? I think you've tried to spin things too much there? what's strange?

You don't really understand much of F1, do you? it's not only the best performance that counts. You should ask where you have doubts so you wouldn´t embarrass like this again. I'm here for you man.

ioan
17th December 2010, 18:41
:laugh: you´ve come to bring piss to world didn't you? :laugh:

Nah, only for you, specially. I am curious how long before you blow up?! :laugh:

ioan
17th December 2010, 18:43
it's not only the best performance that counts.

You're right for once, money and nationality are most important for the reds. :rotflmao:

Hawkmoon
17th December 2010, 23:54

Two things. Firstly, Ferrari owe Massa nothing for the accident in Hungary '09. It was a freak accident caused not by a failure of the Ferrari but by a failure on another team's car. If you want to lay some blame go see Brawn. It was his car that caused the accident. Ferrari supported Massa as well as can be expected after that accident.

Secondly, the team orders call happened in the 11th race of the season for god's sake! What was Massa's excuse for being beaten 8-3 in qualifying in the races prior to that (and that includes Monaco where Alonso didn't even take part in qualifying)?

Trying to say that being told to move over in the 11th race of the season somehow affected the previous 10 races is absurd. Sure it may have affected the races after Germany but by then it was too late, Massa was already out of it.

So, give me one good reason for your bitterness towards Ferrari that doesn't inolve your hatred of Alonso?

Tazio
18th December 2010, 01:17
Two things. Firstly, Ferrari owe Massa nothing for the accident in Hungary '09. It was a freak accident caused not by a failure of the Ferrari but by a failure on another team's car. If you want to lay some blame go see Brawn. It was his car that caused the accident. Ferrari supported Massa as well as can be expected after that accident.

Secondly, the team orders call happened in the 11th race of the season for god's sake! What was Massa's excuse for being beaten 8-3 in qualifying in the races prior to that (and that includes Monaco where Alonso didn't even take part in qualifying)?

Trying to say that being told to move over in the 11th race of the season somehow affected the previous 10 races is absurd. Sure it may have affected the races after Germany but by then it was too late, Massa was already out of it.

So, give me one good reason for your bitterness towards Ferrari that doesn't inolve your hatred of Alonso?
ioan sleeps with the lights on.
He is scared $hitless of stuffed animals called "Muppets" :uhoh: ;)

ioan
18th December 2010, 10:37
Two things. Firstly, Ferrari owe Massa nothing for the accident in Hungary '09.

Knowing the 'men' who are managing Ferrari nowadays I wasn't expecting more, don't worry.

Ferrari only owe something to Santander, we all got that already so don't bother telling us who owes what to whom.

ioan
18th December 2010, 10:39
[/B]
ioan sleeps with the lights on.
He is scared $hitless of stuffed animals called "Muppets" :uhoh: ;)

;) Yep, like Ldm, SD and FA. :rotflmao:

ShiftingGears
18th December 2010, 10:54
This thread is ridiculous. Massa ended up being number two because he was absolutely mediocre in the first half of the season. He dug his own hole there.