PDA

View Full Version : John Higgins

CaptainRaiden
13th December 2010, 12:56
That was a spectacular final for the UK championship last night. Lost precious hours of sleep and am drowsy at work now, but boy was it worth it! Coming back from a deficit of 8-5 at one point. The shot on the brown ball was just legendary stuff. He kept it cool for the blue ball as well to seal it. Amazing stuff.

Always been a fan of Higgins, and didn't know what to say after the whole New of the World debacle and his suspension. This has been a tough year for him, and it was just the perfect way to end it. :up:

Andrewmcm
13th December 2010, 14:17
I gave up watching at 9-5 as I was sure Williams would win. I checked the BBC website this morning and was amazed to discover that Higgins won! Well played to Higgins, in spite of all that went on this year.

Brown, Jon Brow
13th December 2010, 15:40
Higgins > O'Sullivan

Daniel
13th December 2010, 17:04
Snooker = Boring

Mark
13th December 2010, 18:03
Your post = boring.

Daniel
13th December 2010, 19:09
Your post = t3h r0x0rZ!!!!!!

:p

Drew
13th December 2010, 21:40
Does snooker really need to be broadcasted live? It's hardly like football, rugby or motorsport, is it?

GridGirl
13th December 2010, 21:45
Or cricket?

Fishing is apparently the largest participation sport in the UK. It's not football or rugby but quite a few people seem to like it. The same goes for Snooker. :)

Daniel
13th December 2010, 21:52
Or cricket?

Fishing is apparently the largest participation sport in the UK. It's not football or rugby but quite a few people seem to like it. The same goes for Snooker. :)
Never been a fan of test match cricket to be honest. It just bored the pants off me.

GridGirl
13th December 2010, 21:55
Your post = boring.

What he said. :p

CaptainRaiden
14th December 2010, 06:01
Snooker = Boring

Logitech = CRAP! :p

+

Insert whatever F1 fans tell cricket or football fans saying F1 is boring. ;)

555-04Q2
14th December 2010, 06:10
I remember when I was a small lad, my father went to a snooker tournament and was sitting in the crowd watching the game live. The TV camera panned on part of the crowd he was sitting in, I jumped up and down shouting hello daddy in front of the TV only for him to continue sitting there and "ignoring" me. I was p!$$ed at him until my mother explained that he couldn't see me :p :

Daniel
14th December 2010, 07:32
Logitech = CRAP!

You take that back :mad: :mad: :mad: !!!!!! :p

Snooker is just one of those games like golf and darts that I'd happily play myself but can't see the point of watching :)

CaptainRaiden
14th December 2010, 08:52
Snooker is just one of those games like golf and darts that I'd happily play myself but can't see the point of watching :)

Golf and darts make me snooze within seconds as well, but snooker is different. Having said that, I'm usually only interested in finals or semi finals, where it's two really good players going at it, and that way it's not one sided and you get to see a good scrap for the win, some incredible pots, safety shots etc. Watch the last 2 frames of Sunday's match and you'll see what I'm getting at.

Most people find the safety part boring, but I like it, it's like a chess game, back and forth until someone blinks and makes a mistake, takes enormous amounts of patience and talent, and I appreciate that.

Then again, my interest in sports is varied. I absolutely HATE watching football. Usually it's a snorefest whenever I put any club matches on, I'm Zzzz in NO time. I can stand cricket somewhat. Absolutely love motorsports of any kind. Acquired interest in snooker over time, and lately got really interested in MMA (Mixed Martial Arts), especially UFC. Now, you can't find more polarizing sports than snooker and mixed martial arts. :D

Dave B
14th December 2010, 11:00
Snooker > Football > Golf > Cricket > Darts :p

BDunnell
14th December 2010, 17:34
I've got well into snooker, and look forward to attending several sessions of the German Masters and the World Championship this year.

Mark in Oshawa
14th December 2010, 20:25
The Reason Fishing isn't bigger? Anything you can do well drunk usually isn't a sport...which puts Darts in jeopardy!!

Snooker is alright if there is Nothing else to do......