PDA

View Full Version : Bernie talks of adding another USGP round?

ShiftingGears
13th March 2007, 11:24
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=30620

Nothing new about the changes to the circuit...but I found the article conclusion interesting. Where/when has Bernie mentioned another US round, and, has he made reference to potential circuits?

Cheers

ArrowsFA1
13th March 2007, 11:31
He's mentioned the possibility of Las Vegas...but not a car park again :p

N. Jones
13th March 2007, 14:31
We've been through this before. Besides questioning whether Americans would go to a second race there is always the question of where would it be held?

call_me_andrew
13th March 2007, 20:33
I can't say for sure what substance Bernie has, but he's full of it.

He's been quoted saying that if he could, he'd have 10 races in the U.S. and he's also been quoted saying that he doesn't need one race in the U.S.

The only tracks that could afford to pay Bernie’s sanctioning fees are all owned by either Speedway Motorsports or ISC. I don't think either group would be interested in an F1 race.

futuretiger9
13th March 2007, 21:38
Well, street and city races seem to be back in vogue at the moment. Of course, we've had Long Beach, Detroit, Dallas and Phoenix in the past. Don't rule out something along those lines.

AJP
14th March 2007, 01:36
The more the merrier for me I say....

I would love to see 20 races per year...

trumperZ06
14th March 2007, 14:50
He's mentioned the possibility of Las Vegas...but not a car park again :p

;) Las Vegas would be ideal... from Bernie's viewpoint. You would have an International draw for the High Rollers (gamblers), lots of Hollywood types would be on parade, and many Sports Stars make Las Vegas their home.

:D They are talking about a "street race"... but Brunton Smith's re-modeled speedway would be ideal... if he can set-up the track like Indy. Fans would be able to see the whole race from the grandstands. I am NOT a fan of these type of tracks... but it certainly enables the promoter to...

PUT ON A SHOW !!!

:s mokin: Trumper

L5->R5/CR
14th March 2007, 15:54
What is the highest altitude GP in the current calendar? I can think of a couple of 4000+ feet above sea level venues that would add a new and interesting dynamic...

call_me_andrew
14th March 2007, 21:00
;) Las Vegas would be ideal... from Bernie's viewpoint. You would have an International draw for the High Rollers (gamblers), lots of Hollywood types would be on parade, and many Sports Stars make Las Vegas their home.

:D They are talking about a "street race"... but Brunton Smith's re-modeled speedway would be ideal... if he can set-up the track like Indy. Fans would be able to see the whole race from the grandstands. I am NOT a fan of these type of tracks... but it certainly enables the promoter to...

PUT ON A SHOW !!!

:s mokin: Trumper

Indy's oval wasn't built with sight lines in mind so you can't really see the whole track that well. You can see the whole roval well at Daytona, but not Indy. Even with the upgrades at LVMS, the road course looks pretty boring and there's no room for an F1 pit road/garage.

trumperZ06
15th March 2007, 01:16
Indy's oval wasn't built with sight lines in mind so you can't really see the whole track that well. You can see the whole roval well at Daytona, but not Indy. Even with the upgrades at LVMS, the road course looks pretty boring and there's no room for an F1 pit road/garage.

;) Hhmmm... and just how much of the track can you see on a street course ?

L5->R5/CR
15th March 2007, 02:27
What about Miller Motorsports Park, its facilities should be closish to F1 standards.

The rumored Denver ISC track is now also being rumored, if built, to have course built to F1 standards in terms of safety and facilities...