PDA

View Full Version : I will probably be banned for this but... Footie Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

donKey jote
4th December 2010, 21:41
Barca 0-3 in Pamplona after arriving just in time by train and bus due to the air strike :D

:bananas. :bananas: :bananas:

odykas
4th December 2010, 21:58
Amen http://http.cdnlayer.com/cf/images/smilies/liturgy.gif

Storm
6th December 2010, 04:56
:up: I was getting worried when the kick-off got delayed and also had doubts in the first few minutes of the game..

anyways what happened to the old thread?

hey ody!

Eki
6th December 2010, 11:59
You'll probably be banned for this, Donkey.

Josti
6th December 2010, 12:01
Barca bias for the 2010 FIFA Ballon d'Or: Xavi, Messi and Iniesta.

I'm surprised not to see Sneijder making the cut. He was THE key player at Inter's most succesful season ever. And after that he was THE key player at the Dutch squad that made the World Cup final. What more do you want?

Messi, while phenomenal, didn't really have his best year. They could've left him out this time.

pino
6th December 2010, 16:49
I agree with you Josti, it's a big scandal that Sneijder isn't among the 3 best. To be honest, I believe he deserved the Balon d'Or for his amazing performances in 2010. Shame on those who have voted :down:

donKey jote
6th December 2010, 16:59
I disagree ;) :p
He's only out because there can only be 3 finalists, and all three deserve it.
All 6 to be honest, it's hard to choose between Del Bosque, Pep and (grumble grumble) ok Mourinho too maybe.

Barca can be proud: they didn't have to buy any golden balls.... Xavi, Iniesta and Messi are all a product of Barca's youth football :crazy:

MrMetro
6th December 2010, 17:00
Leeds chairmen, Ken Bates thoughts on Fifa: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1335439/England-quit-FIFA-World-Cup-2018-farce-proves-Europes-big-guns-blasts-Ken-Bates.html

Storm
8th December 2010, 13:04
Josti, I agree with the Sneijder thing, but then 2 of other guys won the little final he played in July. One scored the winning goal while the other created/orchestrated most of his team's wins all through the year.
Messi did' nt have a good year you say? 47 goals ain't enough ? + countless assits. He had a o.kworld cup although not scoring but was only poor in the Germany game. (anyways he won't win it this year, Iniesta/Xavi will)

pino
8th December 2010, 19:21
England Team "bad losers" says Blatter...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9269849.stm

Rollo
8th December 2010, 20:05
England Team "bad losers" says Blatter...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9269849.stm

"I was surprised by all the English complaining after the defeat. England, of all people, the motherland of fair play ideas," Blatter said.
"Now some of them are showing themselves to be bad losers."

Has Blatter had a brain explosion? FIFA has had allegations of deep corruption laid at at. Corruption and collusion by very definition fly in the face of "fair play ideas", and yet he has the gall to dismiss the whole thing...

"There is no systematic corruption in Fifa. That is nonsense," he said. "We are financially clean and clear."
Blatter stated that Fifa could not act as if nothing had happened, adding he wanted to set up a taskforce to look into compliance issues, without giving details.

OK, FIFA itself might be "financially clean and clear" but that says nothing for the people who act as its agents.

I don't think that England are bad losers. We didn't hear complaints from England in 2000 when Germany won the 2006 World Cup did we? Why? Because in theory, that bidding process was won by "fair play" principles..

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2002/0504/breaking28.html
FIFA president Sepp Blatter has been accused of corruption by the general secretary of world soccer's governing body Michel Zen-Ruffinen in an explosive report presented to the executive committee.

Zen-Ruffinen alleges in his "strictly confidential" 21-page dossier - obtained by Reuters - that the 66-year-old Blatter has systematically mismanaged FIFA by deception, illegal payments, violating the statutes and cronyism since becoming president in 1998.

I'm sorry Mr Blatter, but your of opinion of calling England "bad losers" is beyond worthless.

odykas
8th December 2010, 20:07
Money - Money - Money :down: :mad:

Storm
9th December 2010, 14:16
I was hoping that England or Spain/Portugal ended up hosting the '18 Cup :\

that would have increased my chances of trying to go and watch one!

donKey jote
9th December 2010, 14:41
me too... would've been a laugh to prepare our driving events at "home" for a change :p

odykas
13th December 2010, 15:53
Barcelona 5 - 0 Real Sociedad :D

In Italy, Zuventus shares 2nd place with Napoli and Lazio.

Pino must be somewhat satisfied :p :http://www.soccerway.com/teams/spain/real-sociedad-de-futbol/

race aficionado
13th December 2010, 15:56
[/URL]

. . . and Messi's goals were superb . . . .

:s mokin:

pino
13th December 2010, 16:01

In Italy, Zuventus shares 2nd place with Napoli and Lazio.

Pino must be somewhat satisfied :p :http://www.soccerway.com/teams/spain/real-sociedad-de-futbol/

Yes ody, this year I am very satisfied with my Juve :D althought we're still 6 points behind Milan...but we will catch them soon ;)

glauistean
13th December 2010, 16:20
"I was surprised by all the English complaining after the defeat. England, of all people, the motherland of fair play ideas," Blatter said.
"Now some of them are showing themselves to be bad losers."

Has Blatter had a brain explosion? FIFA has had allegations of deep corruption laid at at. Corruption and collusion by very definition fly in the face of "fair play ideas", and yet he has the gall to dismiss the whole thing...

"There is no systematic corruption in Fifa. That is nonsense," he said. "We are financially clean and clear."
Blatter stated that Fifa could not act as if nothing had happened, adding he wanted to set up a taskforce to look into compliance issues, without giving details.

OK, FIFA itself might be "financially clean and clear" but that says nothing for the people who act as its agents.

I don't think that England are bad losers. We didn't hear complaints from England in 2000 when Germany won the 2006 World Cup did we? Why? Because in theory, that bidding process was won by "fair play" principles..

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2002/0504/breaking28.html
FIFA president Sepp Blatter has been accused of corruption by the general secretary of world soccer's governing body Michel Zen-Ruffinen in an explosive report presented to the executive committee.

Zen-Ruffinen alleges in his "strictly confidential" 21-page dossier - obtained by Reuters - that the 66-year-old Blatter has systematically mismanaged FIFA by deception, illegal payments, violating the statutes and cronyism since becoming president in 1998.

I'm sorry Mr Blatter, but your of opinion of calling England "bad losers" is beyond worthless.

I recall when the Republic of Ireland,I believe, was knocked out by France after a blantant Henri hand ball, not once but three times handled and not one of the officials saw it. Henri admitted he saw it and the French players and fans wanted action taken.

After the game and France were through to the Finals it was suggested that it was in FIFA's interest to have France at the WC rather than Ireland.

When confronted with the possibility of replaying the game due to the blatant handling and admission of such Blatter was heard laughing about the Irish demands for "fair" play supported by the French team, countless players and the English FA suggesting some type of remedy.

Blatter was forced to apologize. Not that it did any good but the cynical b****** was exposed.

How England has not had a World Cup since 1966 is beyond me.

They have the stadiums and the infrastructure. Brazil is building new stadiums that will end up like those in South Africa. Empty and starting to fall to the ravages of time although only months since they were played upon.

Stadium of Light, Old Trafford, Wembley, Stamford Bridge, Anfield, Reebok Stadium, Villa Park, Emirates (sic) Stadium, White Hart Lane are a few completely ready and waiting. Shoot the second level of English football has stadiums as good as the Premier Division.

odykas
13th December 2010, 16:47
Money talks glauistean :(
Qatar got 11 votes while Australia 1 and US 3.

The only missing piece is how much the tarriff was... :rolleyes:

donKey jote
13th December 2010, 18:13
. . . and Messi's goals were superb . . . .

and silly me left at 3-0 and 5 minutes to go so I missed his last one and Bojan's :( :dozey: :laugh:

race aficionado
13th December 2010, 18:53
and silly me left at 3-0 and 5 minutes to go so I missed his last one and Bojan's :( :dozey: :laugh:

You donkey!

:bandit:

Rollo
13th December 2010, 19:12
How England has not had a World Cup since 1966 is beyond me.

FIFA hates the English speaking nations and especially resents the fact that the Home Nations have four seats on IFAB as opposed the the rest of FIFA's four.
It wasn't just Ireland who suffered because of this. Every English speaking nation at the tournament suffered a bull**** decision at a critical moment. The USA even had a goal disallowed against USA Slovenia for no reason at all and to this day none has ever been given.
The truth is that discrimination on the grounds of the language you speak isn't actually racism so that makes it acceptable. FIFA can sit by idly with its "Say No To Racism" programme in full knowledge that they're perfectly safe.

If there was a mass walkout of FIFA like there was with the Football League in 1992, I bet you'd see a swift change in policy.

Bolton Midnight
14th December 2010, 01:09
So when did these new rules come into effect

No red card for Granny Humper lashing out from the deck against Clichy
No red card for Fletcher fouling the Ref

Webb the ref was Debt Utd's best man as both teams were pretty average, Real vs. Barca it wasn't.

Oscars surely for Nani & Anderson the way they went down from soft tackles you'd have sworn someone had thrown an anville at them.

Rollo
14th December 2010, 02:29
http://www.wwwfootballkits.co.uk/productView.php?ProdID=P01622
http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/images/product/large/StarWarsVader7_2010b.gif

Best. Football Kit. Ever. :D

pino
14th December 2010, 18:58
African side in World Cup final :eek:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/9287537.stm

They will play the winner of the other semifinal between Inter-Milan and Seongnam (South Korea) let's see if we'll get another surprise here :p :

Rollo
17th December 2010, 23:16
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/blackpool/9300866.stm
"You wait 'till I get home and tell my turkeys 'don't worry, it aint Christmas, we're moving it"

Ian Holloway, you are brilliant.

odykas
18th December 2010, 09:36
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3567/dollarfifaokjosephblatt.jpg

donKey jote
19th December 2010, 19:27
Barca scored 5 again, away in their derby - first home defeat for Espanol this season :bandit:
They've scored 26 in the last 5 games :eek: :crazy:

Jaysus they're good :D

Shame Valdes finally conceded a goal - through no fault of his own- after 577 minutes :p

Bolton Midnight
21st December 2010, 14:43
Wonder what the score will be when they meet the Gooners

2-2
0-2

donKey jote
21st December 2010, 17:45
they'll be up against the pretty footie of the current world champions + Messi, so I reckon they'll be taking at least 5 up the donkeynal without even knowing what hit them ;) :laugh:

donKey jote
21st December 2010, 21:47
unless they play like Athletic Bilbao of course :s :p

pino
23rd December 2010, 13:21
Inter Milan sack Benitez...not a surprise :p :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport

Bolton Midnight
23rd December 2010, 13:45
He could come to Bombay Rovers - about his level

62motorsport
23rd December 2010, 16:26
Manchester City to win the premiership ?

odykas
24th December 2010, 08:31
What's the problem with Benitez? :p :

Bolton Midnight
24th December 2010, 08:44
Manchester City to win the premiership ?

I'll have a pint of what you're having Dale

Balotelli getting a bit big headed

Wilshere should have been voted ahead of him in the FIFA Young Player

odykas
24th December 2010, 10:52
they'll be up against the pretty footie of the current world champions + Messi, so I reckon they'll be taking at least 5 up the donkeynal without even knowing what hit them ;) :laugh:

Arse-nal will get what they deserve :D

62motorsport
24th December 2010, 11:31
I'll have a pint of what you're having Dale

Balotelli getting a bit big headed

Wilshere should have been voted ahead of him in the FIFA Young Player

HA ! HA ! Neil :rolleyes:

Really unsure about Balotelli,he's got bad attitude,need to play Adam Johnson from the start and Adebayor in the centre

MrMetro
24th December 2010, 11:37
There are leagues other than the premier league, La Liga and Serie A you know :p

62motorsport
24th December 2010, 11:47
There are leagues other than the premier league, La Liga and Serie A you know :p

Yes my friend but are they as good as the Prem :)

Bolton Midnight
24th December 2010, 11:58
HA ! HA ! Neil :rolleyes:

Really unsure about Balotelli,he's got bad attitude,need to play Adam Johnson from the start and Adebayor in the centre

Balotelli and Adebayor together, not on the pitch they could just argue over which one of them is the world's best

Your point being what exactly? Didn't last years Serie A winners get whupped by Spurs? 4th best in EPL > 1st Serie A

MrMetro
24th December 2010, 12:02
Your point being what exactly? Didn't last years Serie A winners get whupped by Spurs? 4th best in EPL > 1st Serie A

I'm not a Spurs fan, Im a leeds United fan, a true supporter, I didn't ditch them when they got relegted from the EPL, where as, if Man Utd ever get relegated, then I doubt their fan base would be as strong as it is today.

In the lower leagues, there are no big heads like Rooney and Ashely Cole...and less diving

Bolton Midnight
24th December 2010, 12:08
I'm not a Spurs fan, Im a leeds United fan, a true supporter, I didn't ditch them when they got relegted from the EPL, where as, if Man Utd ever get relegated, then I doubt their fan base would be as strong as it is today.

In the lower leagues, there are no big heads like Rooney and Ashely Cole...and less diving

Amazed as a Leeds fan you can read, although it explains why on some threads you seem to have failed to read.

I agree wholeheartedly re Man U or Debt Utd or Scum as I prefer to call them. I hate Debt Utd with a passion. Cheating scum as I said earlier but you didn't read that of course.

MrMetro
24th December 2010, 12:35
Amazed as a Leeds fan you can read, although it explains why on some threads you seem to have failed to read.

I agree wholeheartedly re Man U or Debt Utd or Scum as I prefer to call them. I hate Debt Utd with a passion. Cheating scum as I said earlier but you didn't read that of course.

LOL! So I'm a Leeds fan so that makes me unable to read does it? Your a Arsenal fan am I correct? But yet you live in Lancashire...

Bolton Midnight
24th December 2010, 12:37
I might be or might not be

Leeds fans are notorious for being hooligans or don't you go to matches?

Last time I went to Elland Rd was to see U2, I'd not pay good money to watch that pish

MrMetro
24th December 2010, 12:46

Last time I went to Elland Rd was to see U2, I'd not pay good money to watch that pish

I will not deny that Leeds, like many other clubs has hooligans. But your wording seems to suggest that all Leeds fans are hooligans, which is not true at all.

Bolton Midnight
24th December 2010, 13:24
I will not deny that Leeds, like many other clubs has hooligans. But your wording seems to suggest that all Leeds fans are hooligans, which is not true at all.

They had a far bigger problem than 90% of the other English sides. Right up there with Millwall & West Ham.

No some aren't, bought my mum's partner Jonny Giles' book for crimbo.

MrMetro
24th December 2010, 13:27
They had a far bigger problem than 90% of the other English sides. Right up there with Millwall & West Ham.

No some aren't, bought my mum's partner Jonny Giles' book for crimbo.

Well I don't like hooligans. They don't paint a good image for football at all. I would never go to Leeds vs Millwall, you only have to watch the local news to see the violence that happens when they play each other.

Good choice of present by the way :cool:

62motorsport
24th December 2010, 13:34
Must admit Leeds had some cracking players over the years

Bolton Midnight
24th December 2010, 13:39
Damn United - cracking film

Being playing son FIFA 2003 (I think) and you can tell it is old as Leeds and Newcastle are front running sides ha ha

Brown, Jon Brow
29th December 2010, 20:22
Preston have sacked Darren Ferguson. All the Preston fans around here are begging for Sam Allerdyce to be the new boss.

driveace
29th December 2010, 20:34
Preston have sacked Darren Ferguson. All the Preston fans aeound here are begging for Sam Allerdyce to be the new boss.

But sam has other idea's
went to the last Leeds -Millwall match a month ago and it was pretty calm,millwall got their arses kicked anyway!
There also saterday last and O'Brien scored 2 own goals!! Off with his head Simon!!
Leeds should have won 3-1 over portsmouth!

GridGirl
29th December 2010, 21:33

My 4 year old niece asked me if I took my daddy to watch the football and I said yes. She asked to take her daddy to the football so her daddy said yes. She was Leeds beat Bristol 3-0 at home about a month or so ago and she absolutely loved it and wants to go again. £32 in the family stand is rather excessive for a kids ticket if you ask me though! Her version of marching on together is oh so cute.

Brown, Jon Brow
29th December 2010, 21:54
Carlisle United fans are better hooligans than Leeds fans. I remember all a pitch invasion and Carlisle fans attacking Leeds players after Carlisle won a penatly shootout a few seasons ago.

62motorsport
30th December 2010, 13:37
Sam Allerdyce, every club he goes to he get's sack, waster

race aficionado
13th January 2011, 18:18
Messi won.

Next!

driveace
17th January 2011, 21:06
Well wednesday night at Elland road could be the place to be,for Leeds United v The Gunners.
Marching on together !!!!
Lucianno we love you !!!!!

Bolton Midnight
24th January 2011, 13:05
Well wednesday night at Elland road could be the place to be,for Leeds United v The Gunners.
Marching on together !!!!
Lucianno we love you !!!!!

Nice idea whilst it lasted, the better side won, as you'd expect

MrJan
24th January 2011, 13:42

Only just seen this. I went to Leeds last season and wandered into a pub afterwards wearing my colours. Got a few dodgy looks but then spent the next hour chatting with Leeds fans about the game and the chances of each of our teams over the coming season. I'm not saying that it's all love and kisses, just that my experience was alright, certainly much nicer than playing our local rivals, Plymouth.

Nice to see you gracious in victory, although perhaps being held 1-1 at the Emirates as the result of a last minute penalty isn't something you should really draw too much attention to.

Exeter finally got our first win of the year at the weekend, a poor performance to a 2-1 win against bottom of the league Walsall. Oh well, 3 points is 3 points and with a 2nd leg JPT game against Brentford we've got the chance of another trip to Wembley.....which is nice.

Retro Formula 1
24th January 2011, 13:59
My 4 year old niece asked me if I took my daddy to watch the football and I said yes. She asked to take her daddy to the football so her daddy said yes. She was Leeds beat Bristol 3-0 at home about a month or so ago and she absolutely loved it and wants to go again. £32 in the family stand is rather excessive for a kids ticket if you ask me though! Her version of marching on together is oh so cute.

Taking my lad to see Arsnal tomorrow for £10 a ticket. Very reasonable :D

GridGirl
24th January 2011, 14:04
When me and my brother were kids we were only taken to the football when it was was a 'Kids for a quid' match. More than 20 years later my club is still doing kids for a quid and I still go. It costs a bit more than a quid though. :)

Bolton Midnight
24th January 2011, 14:31
Taking my lad to see Arsnal tomorrow for £10 a ticket. Very reasonable :D

Bargain

Even for crappy Elland Rd it was £30 a pop

MrJan
24th January 2011, 17:06
Bit unfair to compare one of those 'deal' games to a normal fixture. Standard Arse tickets are stupid money and you need to be a member of the masons to get hold of one ;)

Bolton Midnight
24th January 2011, 17:09
Granted not for Emirates but I usually get them for away Northern fixtures

Alexamateo
1st February 2011, 00:05
Hey all,

I'm a typical American who never gave much thought to soccer, but I married a Mexican girl, and follow Mexico in the World Cup, etc. Needless to say I became intrigued watching Chicharito this past year, and when he signed with Manchester United, I started watching English Football.

I'm hooked!

It doesn't hurt that Chicharito has just had a fabulous start, but now I find myself wanting to catch other games, too. Really and truly, I'm just fascinated by all of the different leagues, and competitions, and various cups. I love the idea of promotion and relegation. Maybe American football should copy it. :D

I do have a couple of questions though. I understand basically the different leagues, with Premier, Championship, League 1, and League 2. I'd equate it to the same as baseball here with the Majors, and then AAA, AA, & A leagues here. I also understand the FA Cup is a competition of all of the clubs in England.

So Man U has it's next FA cup match against Crawley Town, which is a 5th division Conference team. Are they Professionals? If so How many levels of Pro Soccer are there, and what would these guys make in the lower divisions. I am just a little bit amazed that a country the size of England can support so many pro teams.

Rollo
1st February 2011, 00:18
So Man U has it's next FA cup match against Crawley Town, which is a 5th division Conference team. Are they Professionals? If so How many levels of Pro Soccer are there, and what would these guys make in the lower divisions. I am just a little bit amazed that a country the size of England can support so many pro teams.

For all intents and purposes the four top tiers in the football ladder, which is 92 clubs are professional, some clubs in the conference and lower are semi-professional, and leagues lower than about level 7 tend to be all amateur (very very rough guide indeed).

There are 23 levels of clubs in England which amounts to more than 7000 all up; all of which could potentially find themselves in the FA Cup (though in practice its highly unlikely indeed).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_football_league_system

GridGirl
1st February 2011, 00:28
I quite like the fact that the FA Cup only costs about £70 to enter. I only found out this a couple of years ago.

Rollo
1st February 2011, 00:52
News just in:
Torr£$ ha$ gone to Ch£l$ki for £50m just minutes before the transfer window closed - says that money isn't what drew him.

Alexamateo
1st February 2011, 03:58
For all intents and purposes the four top tiers in the football ladder, which is 92 clubs are professional, some clubs in the conference and lower are semi-professional, and leagues lower than about level 7 tend to be all amateur (very very rough guide indeed).

There are 23 levels of clubs in England which amounts to more than 7000 all up; all of which could potentially find themselves in the FA Cup (though in practice its highly unlikely indeed).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_football_league_system

That is a lot of teams. Thanks for the link. So if Crawley were to somehow tie Man U, would they then go play at Crowley's 4996 capacity stadium? That'd be a sight. :)

GridGirl
1st February 2011, 08:19
If Crawley Town did manage to get a draw at Old Trafford they would replay at Crawley's ground in the first instance. If it was still a draw at the end of 90 minutes of the replay it would go to extra time and if there is still no winner only then it would go to penalties.

A lower league teams' dream ticket at this stage is to get a big Premier League club away. Even though a team like Crawley would get a capacity crowd at home the revenues generated from an away match would be much more. Compare 5000 tickets at say 95% of whatever Crawley charge compared to 5% of 70,000 tickets at Old Trafford at the much higher prices they charge.

Rollo
1st February 2011, 22:19
Chelsea didn't have a number 9, so presumably Torres will walk straight into the Chelsea 9 kit.
Torres vacates the Liverpool 9, so I assume that Andy Carrol will walk into the kit Torres has just vacated.
Newcastle Utd's number 9 is again vacant.

MrJan
1st February 2011, 23:01
That is a lot of teams. Thanks for the link. So if Crawley were to somehow tie Man U, would they then go play at Crowley's 4996 capacity stadium? That'd be a sight. :)

That effectively happened to my team, Exeter City, in 2005. We played Man Utd at Old Trafford in the 3rd round of the cup and managed to draw 0-0. They came back down to St James Park which, at the time, had a capacity of around 9,000. At the time my club was in the Conference (as Crawley are) but had considerably less money than Crawley do, in fact we had some really serious financial problems and had recently gone into administration, paying creditors just 10% of what was owed. Despite paying such small sums there were still huge debts, the two games against Man U raised enough money to pretty much save the club from going out of business.

I'm unashamedly proud of the game at Old Trafford, it was a fantastic day. And incase anyone's interested:
bzehqJF6Y9o

And the replay (which I had to watch on telly :( ) wasn't too bad either
Ad-QiEs386w
2IS0fIZaCzM

MrJan
1st February 2011, 23:06
Oh and we played Crawley in the conference that year, we beat them 3-2 at home and won 1-0 away

Brown, Jon Brow
1st February 2011, 23:10
That effectively happened to my team, Exeter City, in 2005. We played Man Utd at Old Trafford in the 3rd round of the cup and managed to draw 0-0. They came back down to St James Park which, at the time, had a capacity of around 9,000. At the time my club was in the Conference (as Crawley are) but had considerably less money than Crawley do, in fact we had some really serious financial problems and had recently gone into administration, paying creditors just 10% of what was owed. Despite paying such small sums there were still huge debts, the two games against Man U raised enough money to pretty much save the club from going out of business.

I'm unashamedly proud of the game at Old Trafford, it was a fantastic day.

I was in the Stretford End for that game and I remember it well. Even though it was a slightly weakened United side, Exeter were fantastic, as were the Exeter fans. :)

MrJan
1st February 2011, 23:26
I was in the Stretford End for that game and I remember it well. Even though it was a slightly weakened United side, Exeter were fantastic, as were the Exeter fans. :)

It was a throughly weakened side but still streets ahead of what we had :p : I was just proud that they kept it to 2-0 in the replay when Rooney, Giggs, Scholes, Neville, Ronaldo etc. were playing...oh and the Scott Hiley nutmeg on Cristiano Ronaldo was classic.

It is strange that one of the players that played in the first game is now a world cup winner and plays for Barcelona, and Steve Flack gave him the run around.

Brown, Jon Brow
1st February 2011, 23:28
It was a throughly weakened side but still streets ahead of what we had :p : I was just proud that they kept it to 2-0 in the replay when Rooney, Giggs, Scholes, Neville, Ronaldo etc. were playing...oh and the Scott Hiley nutmeg on Cristiano Ronaldo was classic.

It is strange that one of the players that played in the first game is now a world cup winner and plays for Barcelona, and Steve Flack gave him the run around.

I don't remember Pique ever having a good game for United. He must have only been 18 back then though?

Alexamateo
2nd February 2011, 03:29
That effectively happened to my team, Exeter City, in 2005....

That is awesome!!

I think that is one of the things that's attracting me to English Football, so many different divisions and competitions, it's all so interesting. I see that Exeter City is now in League 1. SO has any team that was in Conference made it to the Premier League? I know Blackpool was as low as League 2 a few years ago, What about your team?

MrJan
2nd February 2011, 09:04
That is awesome!!

I think that is one of the things that's attracting me to English Football, so many different divisions and competitions, it's all so interesting. I see that Exeter City is now in League 1. SO has any team that was in Conference made it to the Premier League? I know Blackpool was as low as League 2 a few years ago, What about your team?

Sadly we've never progressed higher than the league we're in now, in fact many say that the current squad is the strongest we've ever had. I doubt that we'll fly much higher but it's fantastic to dream of greater things. The league system is great for keeping aspirations because there is always that possibility of progressing further up the ladder.

Lots of teams seem to have risen through the leagues from league 2, I remember seeing Exeter play Fulham and Hull (who got relegated to the Championship last year) when I was a boy. Not sure if anyone has gone from conference to Premier League, although I'd be interested to find out.

So you've grasped the league structure and the FA Cup (not many on your side of the pond seem to get their head round that), are you aware of some of the other cups? For example the League Cup (I think it's called the Carling Cup at the minute) is for all the league teams (i.e Premier League, Championship, L1 & L2) and the Johnstone's Paint Trophy is only for League 1 and League 2 teams. Neither of these are overly illusturous (many top clubs will field a weaker team in the League Cup because they don't mind if they go out), but each of them have the final held at Wembley.

MrJan
2nd February 2011, 09:07
I don't remember Pique ever having a good game for United. He must have only been 18 back then though?

Yeah he would have been a proper youngun, as were a lot of the other players.

driveace
3rd February 2011, 15:06
Leeds tickets may be expensive,but the large crowds they get for home games,are usually just under in in most cases above 30,000, which Is fantastic for the league they are in. My grandson and I were able to spend a weekend at old Trafford,meet ex players,enjoy an evening meal,then the following day play competitions on the pitch all day,thanks to AIG ,and get training and advice from training staff.For an eight year old Man U supporter like him,it was a magic day.

stevie_gerrard
8th February 2011, 18:28
I cannot believe it! I remember the days when this thread used to be called "I will probably be banned for this but...."

Hope everyone is well. Being a Wolves fan, im in a joyous mood at the moment till we get beat on saturday by Arsenal. :(

For Alexamateos benefit, i don't think there has ever been a team who were in the conference and have made it to the premier league since sky invented it in 1992. Wolves have been as low as division 4 in the late 80's (which would have been conference level under this system) and are now hanging on in the premier league. I will research it though just to be sure.

donKey jote
8th February 2011, 20:24
pino kept trashing it so I thought if we change the name he might not notice :p :andrea:
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

Alexamateo
8th February 2011, 21:21
Quite a weekend Huh? Like I said I try to watch Man U's games now that Chicharito is playing for them, and their game was on Fox Soccer. I turned it on early while I was making breakfast for the kids (because it's morning here), and caught the Arsenal-Newcastle game about the time that guy got red-carded. Needless to say I wasn't expecting much, with one team being behind 4-0, but that ended up being the best I think I have ever seen. :D I'm sorry Man U lost. I thought it was being set up perfect for another one of Chicharito's late game heroics, but alas, it was not to be. :(

Bolton Midnight
11th February 2011, 14:48
Best of luck for citeh tomorrow at OT hope they beat the scum

Alexamateo
11th February 2011, 15:44
Best of luck for citeh tomorrow at OT hope they beat the scum

May ManU win on a late goal from Hernandez and may Carlos Tevez be sent off! :D

Bolton Midnight
11th February 2011, 15:59
95th minuter as usual you mean

Not called Fergie time for nothing

Alexamateo
12th February 2011, 15:20
Nice goal by Rooney :D

Brown, Jon Brow
12th February 2011, 16:26
Wonderful result for Man Utd. That was a very important win. All of City's money and they are still the number two team in Manchester.

Bolton Midnight
12th February 2011, 17:09
Since when have Debt Utd had anything to do with Manchester?

Nice of the Ref to ignore a foul and a handball - business as usual.

Brown, Jon Brow
12th February 2011, 19:29
Since when have Debt Utd had anything to do with Manchester?

Nice of the Ref to ignore a foul and a handball - business as usual.

Nothing more satisfying than listening to people moan about losing to Manchester United. :p

MrJan
12th February 2011, 19:46
BM you have the most amazing chip on your shoulder about Manure, it's beautiful.

City finally got a win today, so no doubt the talk of relegation and managerial sackings will now turn to promotion and who to knight first. In even brighter news Argyle lost (again), so the ten point deduction that they'll get given if they go into administration (rumours are that it's more a case of 'when') is going to really hurt.

AndySpeed
12th February 2011, 21:12
The battle for promotion in the championship is really interesting this season. QPR are a given I feel, but naturally I hope that Norwich join them in an automatic promotion position for a second consecutive promotion. Paul Lambert really is a great manager.

Plus it will keep the Welsh teams out of the English Premier League then!

Bolton Midnight
13th February 2011, 18:47
Nothing more satisfying than listening to people moan about losing to Manchester United. :p

nicely sidestepped the question, if you fell over as if you'd been shot it would be very Nani esque

Rollo
13th February 2011, 19:21
For Alexamateos benefit, i don't think there has ever been a team who were in the conference and have made it to the premier league since sky invented it in 1992. Wolves have been as low as division 4 in the late 80's (which would have been conference level under this system) and are now hanging on in the premier league. I will research it though just to be sure.

Blackpool finished 21st the then Fourth Division in 1982-83, were technically relegated and had to apply for re-election into the Football League which they got. On the opening day of this season Blackpool led the Premier League for 61 minutes.

Brown, Jon Brow
13th February 2011, 19:34
nicely sidestepped the question, if you fell over as if you'd been shot it would be very Nani esque

You had a question?

So Man Utd are the only team that have players who dive?

62motorsport
15th February 2011, 19:16
Well I think Man City Should of had a pen against Trafford United but hey When does the ref ever give pens to an opposing team at Old trafford ?????

Alexamateo
16th February 2011, 22:29
Gotta love Arsenal, can't hold a 4 goal lead against Newcastle, but come from behind to beat Barcelona. :)

Brown, Jon Brow
16th February 2011, 22:31
Both of Arsenals goal were superb. The second one was one of the best counter-attacking goals I've seen in a long while.

fandango
17th February 2011, 07:09
Fair play to Arsenal, they were better than Barça last night. The unfairly dis-allowed goal is really just bad luck, Barça didn't nail the match when they could have. We'll see what happens in Camp Nou...

pino
17th February 2011, 07:53
What a disaster for the italians teams :s both Milan and Roma lost at home...no to mention about crazy Gattuso's attitude and reaction towards Joe Jordan (Spurs assistent coach and former Milan's player), just disguisting no matter if/how much he was provoked :down:

555-04Q2
17th February 2011, 10:20
As an Arsenal fan, I still think Barca will go through to the next round. That away goal may prove to be decisive.

pino
17th February 2011, 10:38
I am not too sure Barca will go through, Arsenal has a young and strong Team and they will fight til last blood at Camp Nou. For sure none wants to miss that match...it will be exciting :D

62motorsport
20th February 2011, 19:12
Arsenal didn't do to well at lowly Leyton Orient

MrJan
22nd February 2011, 09:59
In even brighter news Argyle lost (again), so the ten point deduction that they'll get given if they go into administration (rumours are that it's more a case of 'when') is going to really hurt.

Like I said: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/plymouth_argyle/9401625.stm

Been on the cards for a long time but will no doubt go unnoticed by the hoardes of clubs that overspend every year. It's quite a sad story for Plymouth as they threw a lot of money at the possibility of sustained Championship football (and even a run at the playoffs to reach the promised land), and also gambled heavily on England winning the World Cup bid and being selected as a host City. As it was the WC thing went tits up, and their supposedly rich Japanese investors turned out to have no real money to invest (and certainly didn't want to).

I genuinely hope they sort themselves out and don't head towards liquidation and oblivion. Much as the rivalry between our two clubs is quite heated (our game down there in November was the first time that I've been properly scared at a football match), the region needs to have football at a reasonable level and Exeter City need to have someone to dislike :D

Alexamateo
22nd February 2011, 12:49
It sounds like over here when a company is at the point of bankruptcy, and is placed in receivership. So do clubs ever go bankrupt and just cease to exist?

MrJan
22nd February 2011, 13:12
It sounds like over here when a company is at the point of bankruptcy, and is placed in receivership. So do clubs ever go bankrupt and just cease to exist?

I think that receivership and administration are just two names for the same thing :)

Bankruptcy (liquidation) has happened, but it's very rare. For the most part you usually get someone who will come in to invest and wipe out the debt. It's all very confusing but I think that you create a Creditors Volutary Agreement whereby all those owed money will agree to accept a certain percentage to wipe out the debt (it happened to Exeter and I believe we paid only 7%). This means that a £10m debt can be cut to under £1m, at which point some rich bloke comes in and pays a nominal fee (£1) for the club, wipes out the remaining debt and takes over (it's worth noting that the majority of money owed will probably be to the previous board of directors).

Recently Chester City were 'wound-up' and effectively disappeared http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chester_City_F.C.

However in cases like that it's common for a new team to form in their place (sometimes with same players, directors and everything else). Chester City FC were reformed as Chester FC and a similar case saw Halifax Town FC come back as FC Halifax Town. So technically the club ceases to exist, but in reality they've just changed name.

It's all stuff to really oodle your noodle though, nothing in football is straightforward. I've been reading a fair bit about it as I followed the Argyle story, but in truth I still can't get my head round it properly. You'll get even more confused if you start trying to work out how Plymouth Argyle Football Club Plc, is linked with Home Park Properties Limited (Home Park is the name of their stadium). As far as I can tell HPPL was a dummy company that was only dealing with the purchase of a new pitch.

Thankfully we don't get stories like this every week, in most cases someone comes in with a big lump of cash and sorts things out.

GridGirl
22nd February 2011, 13:13
Football clubs at professional level at least are limited companies. Like any other company that can't pay its creditors if they fall into the financial difficulties they may be put into administration. Administration isn't the end for a club if they can find a new backer or reach a deal with their creditors. If the company or club were to going into liquidation that would mean the end of the club and it would technically cease to exist. It could form again I suppose but it would be thrown out of the league it was in and would have to start again at the very bottom.

Portsmouth F.C was probably the biggest club to almost be liquidated in recent times and that liquidation was being petitioned by the tax man. Portsmouth won the FA cup as recent as 2008. More often than not it is the tax man that is instigating the administration and winding up process. I used to be involved with a football club until recently and they had come to expect HMRC investigaions every couple of years. I recently dealt with the club in respect of a tax issue relating to a former player and have come to believe that HMRC are really cracking down on tax issues in respect of player image rights at the present time. I know the big tax bill the club got lumbered with so I'm pretty sure the player may have had an equally large one. I guestimate that it will put him of retirement for a few years anyway. Oh well. :p

MrJan
22nd February 2011, 13:20
It could form again I suppose but it would be thrown out of the league it was in and would have to start again at the very bottom.

I think it depends on what league will accept them. In theory the football league might accept that they stay where they are, although in reality the league and the conference (including Div1 north & south) will probably say no.

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd February 2011, 19:00
I'm enjoying winding up Preston North End fans in my area that they will be playing Carlisle United next season. It's quite funny because PNE fans believe that they are a big cub.

It is a possiblily that PNE could be playing Fleetwood Town in two seasons! :laugh:

MrJan
22nd February 2011, 19:24
Nothing wrong with playing Carlisle!!! We've got them away this evening :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd February 2011, 19:25
Nothing wrong with playing Carlisle!!! We've got them away this evening :p :

I want to go the Wembley to see them in the Johnstones Trophy final.

MrJan
22nd February 2011, 19:38
I want to go the Wembley to see them in the Johnstones Trophy final.

We don't mention that competition round these parts anymore, not since we played so shockingly awful against Brentford.

Brown, Jon Brow
27th February 2011, 21:21
And Birmingham beat Arsenal 2-1 to when the League Cup.

It was a fabulous cup final.

MrJan
27th February 2011, 22:33
Yeah good game and you always had a feeling that it could go the way of the 'underdog'.

Hopefully it'll act as a f*** you to Mike Parry and his ridiculous idea of seeding the FA Cup, what a twat! Top encounter and Brum were worth their win, they sustained a fair amount of pressure en route and did well to keep the ball out. Shocking goal though, once you discount the lack of communication you have to ask who was picking up Martins, pat on the back for being aware enough to put it home.

Brown, Jon Brow
28th February 2011, 11:55
Arsenal miss the type of commanding center-back like Tony Adams or Sol Campbell that would deal with a sitiuation like that.

I'm glad that Man Utd seem to be grooming a great defender of the future in Chris Smalling. He has been terrific recently.

pino
28th February 2011, 12:03
Well done Birmingham :up:

Mark
28th February 2011, 12:05
I still don't see the point of the Carling Cup...

pino
28th February 2011, 12:06
Money, money and money :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
28th February 2011, 12:07

Stop pissing on Birminghams bonfire! :p

Mark
28th February 2011, 12:10
It's like having a smaller, less important F1 Championship were the teams put out slower cars and slower drivers..

pino
28th February 2011, 12:10
Milan vs Napoli tonight, a crucial match for the title...can't wait to watch it :D ...meanwhile in Spain the galacticos 7 points away from Barca :p :

GridGirl
28th February 2011, 12:14
I was quite please that the Blue Noses won but for all their singing and chanting yesterday, I still do not not the words to the song Keep Right On.

Mark, most foreign managers don't see the point of the League Cup either. I think its half the reason why its significance seems to get less and less each year. As one of my Villa friends said yesterday "Silverware is silverware and I'm going to hate seeing them in Europe next year". As a rival supporter I can see his point but the League Cup still gets you into Europe which for a team like Birmingham isn't something they are going to be complaining about.

pino
28th February 2011, 12:15
edited

Brown, Jon Brow
28th February 2011, 12:16
I remember watching the Carling Cup semi-final last year between Man Utd and Man City. Try telling the fans who went to that game that it doesn't matter! It was an electric atmosphere.

MrJan
28th February 2011, 12:33

It's a chance for the other 88 clubs in the football league to win something ;) The only reason that people don't rate it is because the top half of the premier**** and the media have told us that we shouldn't care. In truth every single fan should be delighted if their team gets some silverware.

Alexamateo
28th February 2011, 15:49
..... Try telling the fans who went to that game that it doesn't matter! ......

Looks like it mattered to these guys too!

http://arsenal.theoffside.com/files/2011/02/players.jpg

MrJan
28th February 2011, 15:56
Looks like it mattered to these guys too!

http://arsenal.theoffside.com/files/2011/02/players.jpg

I commented to my old man about that. The Birmingham players looked absolutely ecstatic about winning, genuinely excited to have the trophy, I just can't imagine the Arsenal players reacting in the same way. Losing is something that brought out the emotion, winning would probably have been about going through the motions.

odykas
4th March 2011, 00:02
Can't wait until Tuesday.,.. please kick Arse-nal out :D

MrJan
4th March 2011, 08:35
Well tomorrow will be an experience for me. Instead of watching Peterborough v Exeter City I'll take in the sights of the Nou Camp for Barcelona v R. Zaragoza :bounce: Properly excited about it :D

Rollo
6th March 2011, 19:07
Liverpool 3 - Man Utd 1

Usually when Man Utd lose, you hear Sir Alex go on the telly and tell how the referee was crap, or the linesman was crap, or something was horrid but never that his side were outplayed and lost to opponents who played better and did well on the day.
Sir Alex's response to the BBC and even MUTV was... silence.

Perhaps that he know that there is nothing and no-one to blame up himself and his players and the old adage that if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything might be true because Sir Alex hasn't said anything nice for so long that he's incapable.

All I know is, that the silence is golden.

donKey jote
8th March 2011, 21:48
Can't wait until Tuesday.,.. please kick Arse-nal out :D

phew :D

arse were lucky :p

Rollo
8th March 2011, 21:55
What's the difference between Arsenal and Hitler?
- Hitler did win in Europe one summer.

What's the difference between Arsenal and a cup of tea?
- The tea stays in the cup longer.

pino
9th March 2011, 08:15
That red card was too harsh and stupid, Barca doesn't need such help...congrats to them anyway :up: as for tonight Forza Milan but a miracle is needed :s

555-04Q2
10th March 2011, 05:22
Can't believe the Arsenal vs Barcelona game was allowed to stand. As the Gunners started to make some sort of impression on the game, Van Persie is sent off for a stupid reason and the ref decided the fate of the game with that pathetic decision. Ref's should be held accountable for poor decisions, just as players are.

There you go Barca, a game on a platter. You were bloody good, I'll give you that, but it was 12 vs 10 in the end :down:

Brown, Jon Brow
10th March 2011, 22:50
So Tottenham go into the Q/F after a 0-0 draw with Milan.

It is hard to see who can beat Barcelona this year in the Champions League. The only team that can pass the ball like they do is Arsenal :s

donKey jote
10th March 2011, 23:03
they play extremely pretty footie, but so long as they only score 10% of the fantastic chances they create, there can be an upset. Heck even Arse came close and they hardly even got a sniff of the ball.

Brown, Jon Brow
10th March 2011, 23:25
they play extremely pretty footie, but so long as they only score 10% of the fantastic chances they create, there can be an upset. Heck even Arse came close and they hardly even got a sniff of the ball.

The thing about Arsenal is that they can score on the counter attack better than most teams. Their second goal in the first leg was very impressive. Four passes from box to box, GOAL!

Brown, Jon Brow
12th March 2011, 19:28
Man Utd beat Arsenal 2-0 in the F.A. Cup Q/F. Man U started with 7 defenders :eek:

Rollo
12th March 2011, 21:31
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/3/12/cb56f11d-bdcf-4950-b9a8-eadd6428a147.jpg

Man Utd's midfield would have been maybe their third or fourth choice? Anyway, Sir Alex probably did his homework and watched how Barca did it; then copied.

MrJan
13th March 2011, 12:38
So Tottenham go into the Q/F after a 0-0 draw with Milan.

It is hard to see who can beat Barcelona this year in the Champions League. The only team that can pass the ball like they do is Arsenal :s

The problem was that Arsenal went to the Nou Camp wanting a draw, they set up too defensive and got punished for it.

I was actually in Barcelona this last week and went to see Barca last Saturday for their game against Zaragoza. Even though the game wasn't actually that exciting it was great to see such a good team at work. The passing is so accurate and so cutting, it's almost like watching a different sport being played, and the foot speed of Messi :eek: he seems to touch the ball when you don't even think it's possible to get to.

odykas
16th March 2011, 08:39
Barca must improve their effectivenesss.
They were much better than Arse-nal in both games but struggled to qualify.

Give me 1M / year and Pepe's seat and I will teach them how this can be done :p

pino
16th March 2011, 09:11

Give me 1M / year and Pepe's seat and I will teach them how this can be done :p

ody, stop drinking in the morning ;)

Anyway congrats to Inter for beaten Bayern 3-2 away (Eto'o again was amazing) whilst Man U were just lucky to reach CL 1/4 :p : and as for tonight... Allez Lyon !!!

donKey jote
16th March 2011, 10:17
Damn that's the second time in only a few days I supported an italian team :s :p
Never would have happened had the big bad Mo still been there though ! :D

pino
16th March 2011, 10:41
donkey, you can start supporting Lyon then :D (can't believe neither I am supporting a french team myself) :s ...must be the wine :p :

pino
16th March 2011, 10:46
Meanwhile...best wishes to Abidal :up:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/9426114.stm

MrJan
16th March 2011, 11:11
From something I read on Twitter (forgot who it was, possibly Guilem Balague) it's benign and he's expected to be back within a few weeks, which is good news. Exeter City player Adam Stansfield died in August after suffering with bowel cancer, since then I always get a lump in my throat when I hear about players being hit by illness.

donKey jote
16th March 2011, 11:26
donkey, you can start supporting Lyon then :D (can't believe neither I am supporting a french team myself) :s
you bet ! :D
sheesh and to think the french are even worse than the italians, what is this world coming to ! :eek: :p

pino
16th March 2011, 11:49
you bet !
sheesh and to think the french are even worse than the italians, what is this world coming to ! :eek: :p

:confused: :hmph: :p :

Alexamateo
17th March 2011, 04:31
Well, like I said earlier, I started watching soccer intently last summer because something about Javier Hernandez piqued my interest. I must say I know how to pick them because he is just having the most fantastic debut year. I am really enjoying watching the Premier and Champions league right now.

There's also something else I realize that I enjoy about soccer right now as compared to American football. It's the fact that you can be a completely normal sized human being and still be world class.

pino
18th March 2011, 11:38
CL 1/4 finals draw :

Real Madrid -Tottenham
Chelsea - Man.Utd :eek:
Barcellona - Shakhtar Donetsk
Inter-Milan - Schalke04

donKey jote
25th March 2011, 23:15
Villa maravilla :D :D

Alexamateo
20th April 2011, 20:34
You know if more games were like Arsenal-Tottenham today, more Americans would watch. 5 goals at halftime, WOW!

Brown, Jon Brow
20th April 2011, 20:39
You know if more games were like Arsenal-Tottenham today, more Americans would watch.

Half time. Spurs 2-3 Gunners.

Best half of the season.

Alexamateo
20th April 2011, 21:17
Tied up! :D

Alexamateo
21st April 2011, 19:44
Wow 18 years to win the trophy and then this is how you treat it! :eek:

http://www.dailypress.com/news/national/sns-viral-video-real-madrid-trophy-drop,0,4589202.htmlstory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NXxSuzRpTps

donKey jote
21st April 2011, 20:43
bunch of donkeys :erm: :p

Sarah
26th April 2011, 21:53
Hey what about the Championship a real nail biter for second place. Norwich's 95th min winner yesterday as described by the radio commentary team - real emotion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpqHvGdrbwI&feature=related

Brown, Jon Brow
26th April 2011, 22:17
Man United have one step in the final. It will take a miracle for Schalke to overturn a 2-0 deficit.

donKey jote
27th April 2011, 21:52
Messi is GOD :D :D - 0

MrJan
27th April 2011, 21:54
That was some goal, the man's a magician.

Brown, Jon Brow
27th April 2011, 22:06
That was some goal, the man's a magician.

Vidic will break his legs (assuming both teams make the final).

MrJan
27th April 2011, 22:08
Vidic will break his legs (assuming both teams make the final).

Nah, Messi will have the same effect that Torres had on Vidic a few seasons back, he'll be twisted inside out.

Brown, Jon Brow
27th April 2011, 22:12
Nah, Messi will have the same effect that Torres had on Vidic a few seasons back, he'll be twisted inside out.

:(

donKey jote
27th April 2011, 22:19
Mou is really mouning in the press conference :laugh: :laugh:
And CR gave a good moan before too :laugh:
They wanted 0-0 and then Pepe lost it :laugh:

Way to go... you're the Puto Amo both of you :laugh:

donKey jote
28th April 2011, 00:13
donkey of the match goes to Pepe, closely followed by Marcelo and Sergio Ramos.
Mou was lucky to end up with 10 on the pitch.

race aficionado
28th April 2011, 00:51
Messsssiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!

odykas
28th April 2011, 08:14
Jose got what he deserved! :D

http://www.pimpmysmiley.com/get-smiley.php?s=2_133 http://www.pimpmysmiley.com/get-smiley.php?s=2_133

http://www.pimpmysmiley.com/smiley.php?smiley=2_133p/img]%20[img]http://www.pimpmysmiley.com/smiley.php?smiley=2_133

donKey jote
28th April 2011, 17:07
Jose got what he deserved!

cool bananas ody ! :D
http://www.pimpmysmiley.com/get-smiley.php?s=2_133 http://www.pimpmysmiley.com/get-smiley.php?s=2_133

odykas
29th April 2011, 10:18
Mourinho can do wonders :crazy:

A team with a budget of €450M / year ends up playing anti-football with a touch of kick boxing. :rolleyes:

I would be dissapointed if this team wasn't Real Madrid :D :D

odykas
29th April 2011, 10:46
http://www.gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=1431306&t=o (http://www.gifsoup.com/view/1431306/mourinho-slaps-puyol.html)

:laugh:

JackSparrow
29th April 2011, 22:43

What? Playing with Spain's national team? I guess you missed the WORLD CUP in which Messi scored ZERO goals and took Argentina NOWHERE. :s mokin:

JackSparrow
29th April 2011, 22:50
Mou is really mouning in the press conference
And CR gave a good moan before too
They wanted 0-0 and then Pepe lost it :laugh:

Way to go... you're the Puto Amo both of you :laugh:

Did you hear Alvez scream? I thought his leg was gona be amputated after that.But the best FLOP was Pedrito holding his broken jaw after his shoulder collided with Arbeloa. :crazy:

Well thankfully when Barca is in need,the refs are always there ;)

AndySpeed
29th April 2011, 23:46
Hey what about the Championship a real nail biter for second place. Norwich's 95th min winner yesterday as described by the radio commentary team - real emotion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpqHvGdrbwI&feature=related

Norwich - the never too late for another goal team!

Sounds like QPR might be due a points penalty soon, so even though it's neck and neck with Cardiff it might not matter at the end of the season.

donKey jote
1st May 2011, 21:32
Did you hear Alvez scream? I thought his leg was gona be amputated after that.But the best FLOP was Pedrito holding his broken jaw after his shoulder collided with Arbeloa. :crazy:

I didn't hear him scream, but the scene certainly brought back memories of a recent Holland-Spain match. Anti-football + Taekwondo vs positive football. A deserved red card for anyone except AS and hard-core Real Madrid fans.
I don't like theatrics and Busquets would probably be your winner of the evening, along with di Maria a couple of times too though ;)
At least Pedrito didn't hold his jaw when he got stamped on by Marcelo (in my view another red card :p )

JackSparrow
2nd May 2011, 06:49
I didn't hear him scream, but the scene certainly brought back memories of a recent Holland-Spain match. Anti-football + Taekwondo vs positive football. A deserved red card for anyone except AS and hard-core Real Madrid fans.
I don't like theatrics and Busquets would probably be your winner of the evening, along with di Maria a couple of times too though ;)
At least Pedrito didn't hold his jaw when he got stamped on by Marcelo (in my view another red card :p )

I've played football for 25 years and I have never done any theatrics on field.Football is a man's game and if Alvez was man enough to get up right away and accept the fact that Pepe didn't touch him,there wouldn't even be a yellow card.
The simple fact that Barca continually year after year benefit from corrupted refs (vs Chelsea 09,Van Persies red card 10) speaks volumes,yes they play good football but they're far from great,because great players dont cry,whine,flop call for cards on every foul,gang up on the refs like they own the game.
I have never ever seen a group of players cry so much,EVER.
Read Adebayor's comments on the football theatrics of Barca,sums it up well.
I'm not a Madrid fan btw,I have a dislike for the current Spanish football,Hierro and co was more my cup of tea. I've known some ladies that played tougher than Barca does,now that's saying something.

donKey jote
2nd May 2011, 07:21
I've known some ladies that played tougher than Barca does,now that's saying something.
you call those northern lasses ladies? Now that's saying something :p

Seriously, I agree on the whining and theatrics, and Spanish football does seem to have overtaken even Italian football in that respect. But I will always favour the art of positive football to speculative anti-football or your tough man's destructive type. Anyone can play tough and hack a few legs if that's all they're good for.

About this game in particular, that the great Real went in completely on the defensive hoping for a lucky strike like Ronaldo's great goal in the Cup, how they were happy with 28% posession, at home in the mythical Bernabeu of all places, is well beyond me. It wasn't just corrupt refs, it was football justice.

I'm looking forward to a great return match, with Real obliged to play how they can and should. :)

Brown, Jon Brow
2nd May 2011, 10:57
I've played football for 25 years and I have never done any theatrics on field.Football is a man's game and if Alvez was man enough to get up right away and accept the fact that Pepe didn't touch him,there wouldn't even be a yellow card.
The simple fact that Barca continually year after year benefit from corrupted refs (vs Chelsea 09,Van Persies red card 10) speaks volumes,yes they play good football but they're far from great,because great players dont cry,whine,flop call for cards on every foul,gang up on the refs like they own the game.
I have never ever seen a group of players cry so much,EVER.
Read Adebayor's comments on the football theatrics of Barca,sums it up well.
I'm not a Madrid fan btw,I have a dislike for the current Spanish football,Hierro and co was more my cup of tea. I've known some ladies that played tougher than Barca does,now that's saying something.

:up:

I'm starting to dislike Barca strongly. Everyone talks about them as if they are a team of gods. I don't even find them that entertaining to watch. I'm not interested in watching a gazillion passes and no end product. The two most entertaining teams to watch currently are Arsenal and Tottenham.

Brown, Jon Brow
2nd May 2011, 10:58
. A deserved red card for anyone except AS and hard-core Real Madrid fans.
)

It wouldn't have been a red card in the Premiership. Or maybe against any other team other than Barca.

donKey jote
2nd May 2011, 11:44
How many broken legs do you get in the Premiership? Ah but it's a man's game :dozey:

Brown, Jon Brow
2nd May 2011, 12:01
How many broken legs do you get in the Premiership? Ah but it's a man's game :dozey:

Pepe went in to challenge for a ball that he was entirely entitled for. It was a foul buti t was the reaction of Alvez that got him sent off, not the challenge. Like it or not, football is a contact sport. Barca players fall over wounded everytime someone touches them.

It is so simple to tell when a player is hurt or not from a tackle. If he rolls around he is faking. If you are hurt you stay still! :dozey:

odykas
2nd May 2011, 13:47
I'm stockpiling supplies for tomorrow's match :s mokin:

Vamos Barca! :D

Sarah
2nd May 2011, 14:46
The big night in the championship is tonight - getting nervous...

race aficionado
2nd May 2011, 15:52
I'm stockpiling supplies for tomorrow's match :s mokin:

Vamos Barca! :D

Yes indeed, I can't wait . . . .

and yes,

AndySpeed
2nd May 2011, 18:01
The big night in the championship is tonight - getting nervous...

It's looking good so far! Middlebrough are having a very strong game against Cardiff

Sarah
2nd May 2011, 19:17
We're all shocked Cardiff collapsed...not long to wait now just need to win.

MrJan
2nd May 2011, 20:06
A deserved red card for anyone except AS and hard-core Real Madrid fans.

It was a nasty challenge but it wasn't overly high and it wasn't overly reckless or late. As JB said it's not a red card in the Premiership and I don't think that it would warrant a red card in most Champions League games either. I don't buy into the conspiracy thing but that wasn't a red card offence.

JackSparrow
2nd May 2011, 20:09
:up:

I'm starting to dislike Barca strongly. Everyone talks about them as if they are a team of gods. I don't even find them that entertaining to watch. I'm not interested in watching a gazillion passes and no end product. The two most entertaining teams to watch currently are Arsenal and Tottenham.

What Arsenal accomplish year after year is amazing.Wenger's style football is just beautiful to watch.
What bothers me is Barca supporters saying that Barca had the ball,Real didn't play etc etc,but the score was 0-0 when it was 11 on 11. Mo is a master tactician and he knew what he was doing (he did it with Inter) until the THEATRICS and the corrupt refs gave a helping hand.
IMHO Barca's continuous theatrics are a disgrace to football in general.

Sarah
2nd May 2011, 21:50
We did it - we are Premier League !!

donKey jote
3rd May 2011, 08:11
It was a nasty challenge but it wasn't overly high and it wasn't overly reckless or late. As JB said it's not a red card in the Premiership and I don't think that it would warrant a red card in most Champions League games either. I don't buy into the conspiracy thing but that wasn't a red card offence.

Even if he didn't touch him, it was reckless, late, and high enoughhttp://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/i55.tinypic.com/2wddquq.jpg...
2775 (http://i55.tinypic.com/2wddquq.jpg)

Anyway, hope to see a better match tonight, whatever the outcome :)

cali
3rd May 2011, 08:28
What Arsenal accomplish year after year is amazing.Wenger's style football is just beautiful to watch.
What bothers me is Barca supporters saying that Barca had the ball,Real didn't play etc etc,but the score was 0-0 when it was 11 on 11. Mo is a master tactician and he knew what he was doing (he did it with Inter) until the THEATRICS and the corrupt refs gave a helping hand.
IMHO Barca's continuous theatrics are a disgrace to football in general.

Please provide some evidence to your allegation, otherwise this talk is just as empty. Have you been a ref? Can you imagine how hard task this is? Mistakes can happen, players and teams in general are provoking at any cost.
I guess you haven't experienced this at all. And ofcourse Real players did no THEATRICS at all ... as I recall, then DiMaria started this with his magnificent divings and Barca players then took over. At the beginning of the match Real players were constantly down in front of Barca box ...

MrJan
3rd May 2011, 08:55
Even if he didn't touch him, it was reckless, late, and high enough

It really wasn't that late, it's a nano-second between getting the ball and getting the man. That's not more than a yellow card, it's in the middle of the pitch and it's from the front.

AndySpeed
3rd May 2011, 10:40
We did it - we are Premier League !!

Fantastic season from the Canaries, a thoroughly deserved promotion to the big league! Hopefully we can stay up this season and then go from there. Two successive promotions show we've firmly got momentum, confidence and a strong team on our side. Simeon Jackson - you beauty!

JackSparrow
3rd May 2011, 21:51
Please provide some evidence to your allegation, otherwise this talk is just as empty. Have you been a ref? Can you imagine how hard task this is? Mistakes can happen, players and teams in general are provoking at any cost.
I guess you haven't experienced this at all. And ofcourse Real players did no THEATRICS at all ... as I recall, then DiMaria started this with his magnificent divings and Barca players then took over. At the beginning of the match Real players were constantly down in front of Barca box ...

Is not hard at all being a ref,it's quite easy actually.
As for the THEATRICS and corrupt refs, they carried over in today's game as well.
I realize that most people in forums scream source?evidence? etc My only evidence is my experience. You see black,I see white, lets agree to disagree.

donKey jote
3rd May 2011, 21:51
Happy Barca went through. San Casillas saved them in the first half :)
Sorry Madrid had a valid goal disallowed... I guess at least it gives Mou something to moan about. :p

cali
3rd May 2011, 22:20
As for the THEATRICS and corrupt refs, they carried over in today's game as well.
I realize that most people in forums scream source?evidence? etc My only evidence is my experience. You see black,I see white, lets agree to disagree.

Have you been a ref? Btw, I see black&white as your somments are one-sided.
Btw, I'm a ref and it's not easy at all, quite the opposite. But then again, sitting on your couch and watching a game in telly is not so hard at all :)

cali
3rd May 2011, 22:21

Btw, I'm a ref (in handball) and it's not easy at all, quite the opposite. But then again, sitting on your couch and watching a game in telly is not so hard at all :)

MrJan
3rd May 2011, 22:32
Love that Barcelona got through, would have felt wrong to see Madrid in the final seeing as they didn't seem to want to play proper football, despite having a superb squad.

However is it just me or is Mascherano the biggest jessie around? For someone that spends a lot of his game taking chunks out of people and playing the hard man he seems to roll around on the floor a lot. Such a shame that Barca still jump around so much but I suppose that Moanrinho says "they're going to try and pass it round you, give 'em a kicking" and Pep says "they're going to try and kick you, jump on the floor if they get near you." The real victims of this are those of us at home, such a shame that Madrid took such a tanking earlier in the season that they seem scared to try and compete with Barcelona on a footballing level.

JackSparrow
3rd May 2011, 23:19
Btw, I'm a ref (in handball) and it's not easy at all, quite the opposite. But then again, sitting on your couch and watching a game in telly is not so hard at all :)

A ref huh? I've been a player for 25 years and it's natural for me to say that refereeing is easy,as I understand that most refs have never played the game.
One sided? Not at all. I can spot THEATRICS even from my couch,like I said it comes from experience in the game.
The game of football is simple for people that have played it since they started walking. black&white thingie

cali
4th May 2011, 06:21
A ref huh? I've been a player for 25 years and it's natural for me to say that refereeing is easy,as I understand that most refs have never played the game.
One sided? Not at all. I can spot THEATRICS even from my couch,like I said it comes from experience in the game.
The game of football is simple for people that have played it since they started walking. black&white thingie
I've been playing handball since I was a little kid, stopped when I had a nasty injury after playing for more than 18 years. I was a fool when I let people talk me into refereeing. Playing was easy compared to refereeing. When I started ref career I thought the same as you - oh boy was I wrong! I would suggest you to start refereeing a few games, then move up to a higher level. You cannot know it, if you haven't experienced it.

Agreed about theatrics, don't like it :)

Brown, Jon Brow
4th May 2011, 22:44
So it will be a Man Utd v Barca final at Wembley after United breezed past Schalke 6-1. :)

Manchester United and Barcelona have dominated the Champions League for the past few years. The stats between them are incredible.

Man Utd have reached 3 of the last 4 finals (2008, 2009, 2011), Barcelona have reached 3 of the last 6 (2006, 2009, 2011).

Both have 3 European Cups wins, which seems less than what you'd expect from these too huge clubs.

It hurts me to say, as a Man Utd fan, that Barcelona will win. Barcelona are a better side than they were 2 years ago and Man Utd are arguably worse than they were two years ago. But Man Utd have the best defence in Europe and Rooney, Carrick, Hernandez, Nani, Giggs, Valencia and Nani are all in superb form. Lets hope that the players decide the winner and not the ref.

JackSparrow
5th May 2011, 20:07
So it will be a Man Utd v Barca final at Wembley after United breezed past Schalke 6-1. :)

Manchester United and Barcelona have dominated the Champions League for the past few years. The stats between them are incredible.

Man Utd have reached 3 of the last 4 finals (2008, 2009, 2011), Barcelona have reached 3 of the last 6 (2006, 2009, 2011).

Both have 3 European Cups wins, which seems less than what you'd expect from these too huge clubs.

It hurts me to say, as a Man Utd fan, that Barcelona will win. Barcelona are a better side than they were 2 years ago and Man Utd are arguably worse than they were two years ago. But Man Utd have the best defence in Europe and Rooney, Carrick, Hernandez, Nani, Giggs, Valencia and Nani are all in superb form. Lets hope that the players decide the winner and not the ref.

ManU is very underrated.They will give Barca a run for their money.I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Brown, Jon Brow
9th May 2011, 12:56
Man Utd close in on a record 19th league title after a 2-1 win over Chelsea. The first half for Man U was amazing. So much power and pace. Playing like that they could really upset Barcalona. I think Sir Alex has a dilema of who to pick up front. Park, Valencia, Rooney and Hernandez work so hard for each other, but this means leaving out our most skilled player, Nani.

steveaki13
9th May 2011, 20:45
It will be amazing to see United step ahead of Liverpool in league titles.

I wonder if Sir Alex may think of calling it a day now he has bettered Liverpool.

Rollo
14th May 2011, 14:55
As of today Man United have stepped ahead of Liverpool in league titles.
Hooray, boo, whatever.

At the other end of the table, Blackpool could potentially stay in the Premier League by winning on the very last day of the season... against today crowned champions Man United :eek:

odykas
16th May 2011, 18:56
campeones :D

steveaki13
16th May 2011, 23:26
West Ham Relegated. Which is fair enough, but the way they sacked Grant was very disappointing.

Too sack him in the tunnel about 5 minutes after the game, then send him out to face the press is not right.

Rollo
17th May 2011, 03:48
Under the "fair play" regulations, it's possible that Blackpool could be playing in the Europa League depending on how results and cards fall.
That'd be weird if it were to happen. A team from the Championship playing in Europe.

pino
17th May 2011, 07:47
West Ham Relegated. Which is fair enough, but the way they sacked Grant was very disappointing.

Too sack him in the tunnel about 5 minutes after the game, then send him out to face the press is not right.

The way they did might be disappointing but it was well deserved, they should've sacked him 6 months ago ;)

Alexamateo
17th May 2011, 12:35
Under the "fair play" regulations, it's possible that Blackpool could be playing in the Europa League depending on how results and cards fall.
That'd be weird if it were to happen. A team from the Championship playing in Europe.

Since Birmingham won the Carling Cup, Don't they play in the Europa? They're right on the cusp of being relegated too.

Rollo
17th May 2011, 13:19
Since Birmingham won the Carling Cup, Don't they play in the Europa? They're right on the cusp of being relegated too.

Aye. As winners of the League Cup, they are entitled to a spot in the Europa League.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13312588.stm
Birmingham City will be allowed to play in the Europa League next season after being granted a licence by Uefa.
There were concerns the club's financial situation might prevent them from competing in the tournament.

Brown, Jon Brow
17th May 2011, 14:26

Didn't Milwall play in the UEFA Cup a few years back after they reached the F.A. Cup final against Man Utd?

pedro17
18th May 2011, 13:05
Europa league final is tonight , should be a good game

Rollo
18th May 2011, 13:18
Didn't Milwall play in the UEFA Cup a few years back after they reached the F.A. Cup final against Man Utd?

They played in the 2004 FA Cup Final and lost 3-0 against Man Utd. Poo Boots scored once, and Ruuuuuuud bagged a double. If memory serves me right, they lost in two legs against some Hungarian club.

The Geordies may have even made it to the Qtr Finals that season, or was that the season before or after? Aw Who Cares? This isn't a pub quiz.

When I say PUB you say QUIZ.

PUB.

QUIZ.

PUB.

QUIZ :D

Alexamateo
19th May 2011, 23:23
http://engineeringsport.co.uk/2011/05/16/the-premier-league-predicting-who-will-go-down-and-the-strange-case-of-scenario-no-55/

One of the most interesting things to this newbie fan of soccer is promotion/relegation. It seems there are 81 different scenarios that could take place this weekend among the 5 teams involved. (There are actually a lot more once you take goal difference into account.) It's crazy. Blackpool could beat Manchester United and still be relegated or they could lose and still stay in the Premier League in certain scenarios. :crazy:

Rollo
19th May 2011, 23:37
It's crazy. Blackpool could beat Manchester United and still be relegated or they could lose and still stay in the Premier League in certain scenarios. :crazy:

If Blackpool were to beat Manchester United, would the Premier League then fine Manchester United for fielding a weaker side in the same way as they did when they fined Blackpool when they did against Villa earlier this season?

Brown, Jon Brow
20th May 2011, 00:11
If Blackpool were to beat Manchester United, would the Premier League then fine Manchester United for fielding a weaker side in the same way as they did when they fined Blackpool when they did against Villa earlier this season?

Whats the point of having a squad of 25 players of you aren't going to use them. Man U should field a weaker side with one eye on the big game mid-week against Juventus.

odykas
20th May 2011, 22:32
Man Who vs Jubentus? :eek:

Is this a friendly match? :crazy: :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
20th May 2011, 23:28
Man Who vs Jubentus? :eek:

Is this a friendly match? :crazy: :p :

Gary Neville's testimonial.

Alexamateo
21st May 2011, 02:31
Gary Neville's testimonial.

Is he on trial? :p

Rollo
22nd May 2011, 23:55
Blackpool have been relegated, but at least the fans left with a spot of humour.

To the tune of Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart":
Giggs, Giggs is shagging a tart again.
Giggs, Giggs is shagging a tart again.

Of course the editors of this forum may wish to act if there's a superinjuction :D

MrJan
23rd May 2011, 09:23
Of course the editors of this forum may wish to act if there's a superinjuction :D

Seem to remember Mark saying that it's a cheese eating surrender forum, so I think that theoretically we don't have to follow the English laws stopping people from referring to the Man Utd and Wales footballer that has been shagging Imogen Thomas.

MrJan
23rd May 2011, 09:35
Seems that a Man City/England/former Aston Villa midfielder also has an injunction out, although that could just be the old wives of Twitter getting together. Apparently for porking the same lass too.

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd May 2011, 10:00
Seems that a Man City/England/former Aston Villa midfielder also has an injunction out, although that could just be the old wives of Twitter getting together. Apparently for porking the same lass too.

That doesn't narrow it down enough.

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd May 2011, 10:10
I must say I'm a bit dissapointed that Wigan still haven't been relegated. They really are a waste of a Premier League space.

Mark
23rd May 2011, 10:10
Seem to remember Mark saying that it's a cheese eating surrender forum, so I think that theoretically we don't have to follow the English laws stopping people from referring to the Man Utd and Wales footballer that has been shagging Imogen Thomas.

Yes the forum is hosted in Paris, but it's not that simple. I own the forums and I'm in England therefore English law applies.

MrJan
23rd May 2011, 10:15
Yes the forum is hosted in Paris, but it's not that simple. I own the forums and I'm in England therefore English law applies.

Ah right, good job I didn't mentiond the name of either of them then.

pino
23rd May 2011, 17:06
Ancelotti sacked by Chelsea, eventhough he won the double last year and finished 2nd this year :s

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd May 2011, 18:02
This injuction malarky isn't good preperation for Man Utds Champions League final :(

steveaki13
25th May 2011, 11:15
Ancelotti sacked by Chelsea, eventhough he won the double last year and finished 2nd this year :s

I know, its crazy isn't it.

Football clubs seem to always looking for short term answers.

But look at Man U with Sir Alex, and how long the Barcelona core has been together and you see success can't just be created. It does need a few seasons of consistancy to get the best out of players.

Most teams would give their right arms to finish 2nd in the league and have won 2 major trophies in 2 years, with a couple of decent runs in the champions League.

MrJan
25th May 2011, 11:31
I know, its crazy isn't it.

Football clubs seem to always looking for short term answers.

Our manager has been at the club for 5 season now (appointed June 2006). The scary thing is how those 5 years don't seem to be that much, yet there are only 7 current managers in the league who have been at their club for longer. That's an amazing statistic really, only 5 managers from 92 clubs have been given more than 5 years at their club!!

Source: http://www.leaguemanagers.com/managers/longest-current.html

Edit: Jaysus! Get this too, average durations for managers in the league:
Barclays Premier League 3.58
npower Championship 1.54
npower League One 1.65
npower League Two 1.68

Across all leagues for the last 5 seasons the average is 1.90!!!

steveaki13
25th May 2011, 11:50
Our manager has been at the club for 5 season now (appointed June 2006). The scary thing is how those 5 years don't seem to be that much, yet there are only 7 current managers in the league who have been at their club for longer. That's an amazing statistic really, only 5 managers from 92 clubs have been given more than 5 years at their club!!

Source: http://www.leaguemanagers.com/managers/longest-current.html

Edit: Jaysus! Get this too, average durations for managers in the league:
Barclays Premier League 3.58
npower Championship 1.54
npower League One 1.65
npower League Two 1.68

Across all leagues for the last 5 seasons the average is 1.90!!!

Only Sir Alex and Arsene Wenger take that Premier League Average up as well.

Sir Alex about 24 years and Arsene about 14 or 15.

odykas
27th May 2011, 18:53

They misstook him for Capello :devil:

race aficionado
27th May 2011, 19:02
OK . . . .
Barca or ManU.

I'm going for Barca and also expect a good fight from Rooney and his gang.

It should be fun . . . we hope!

steveaki13
27th May 2011, 22:10
What odds that Rooney is sent off.

Barcelona will dominate possesion what ever, and Rooney will run and chase and get really frustrated and end up kicking out at someone.

As for the game, I want Man U to win as an Englishman, but I love the way Barcelona play and if they perform like they can, they will win and I won't be sad about it.

Above all I am a Football fan and really the best team should win, and I think they will.

MrJan
28th May 2011, 15:21
I want Barca to win. I love the way that they play and I'm more a fan of good football than I am a patriot. I won't begrudge United the victory though, they're also an exciting team to watch and far better that they win it than Chelsea or Real.

Good luck to Torquay as well in a more important game than the CL Final, the L2 playoff final. Never really liked Stevenage and TUFC coming up would mean a local game (easy to get to) and Plymouth Argyle being a league below both of their Devon rivals :D

pino
28th May 2011, 18:19
I just wish it will be a great and exciting match with the best side to win :up:

Brown, Jon Brow
28th May 2011, 19:27
If Scholes starts I might watch from behind the sofa incase he gets a red card.

donKey jote
28th May 2011, 20:32
nice match so far... pretty footie, no dirty fouls, no acting... shame about Giggs not being called offside :p

Brown, Jon Brow
28th May 2011, 20:40
Barca should be 3-1 up at half-time. But Man Utd are still in it. A very watcheable match. Reminds me of the Arsenal v Barcelona earlier in the competion.

donKey jote
28th May 2011, 20:56
Messsiiiiiiii :bananas:

donKey jote
28th May 2011, 21:11
villa maravilllaaaaaa :bananas: :bananas:

Brown, Jon Brow
28th May 2011, 21:13
Don't like it :(

Man U need Ole Solkjear.

Brown, Jon Brow
28th May 2011, 21:35
:bigcry:

donKey jote
28th May 2011, 21:35
Well done ! :D :D :D

pino
28th May 2011, 21:36
Super Super Barca...I am impressed ! :eek: :up:

donKey jote
28th May 2011, 21:37
that was ManU? :confused:

donKey jote
28th May 2011, 21:38
Super Super Barca...I am impressed ! :eek: :up:

looks like the only way to "play" them is dirty... ask Mourinho :p

Brown, Jon Brow
28th May 2011, 21:38
Hernandez only got one kick (and that was a header).

Brown, Jon Brow
28th May 2011, 21:40
that was ManU? :confused:

I think Barca's last two goals were poor goals to concede. Van Der Sar got his footwork all wrong and was off balance for Messi's goal, and Nani gave the ball away in the box for Villa's goal. But Man Utd were hanging on with some desperate blocks at times.

donKey jote
28th May 2011, 21:43
and Giggs was offside for ManU's goal ;)