PDA

View Full Version : I will probably be banned for this but... Footie Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

pino
26th June 2013, 15:05
We got the best and his name is Antonio Conte ;)

odykas
26th June 2013, 18:01
I guess he means a real doctor like old times :devil:

race aficionado
27th June 2013, 16:23
is Cavani going to go to RM?

I hope not.

That guy is darn good.

gadjo_dilo
27th June 2013, 18:17
That guy is darn good.
And handsome too. :p

race aficionado
27th June 2013, 21:41
I loved his hollering Tarzan-like goal celebration.

race aficionado
28th June 2013, 03:18
Pino! Pino! Pino!
So close!
Italy had it in the first half with some beautifully created opportunities but "eye pocker" was right ( he is always right) - Casillas sucks (not!).
That was an exciting game.
Where is everybody?

steveaki13
28th June 2013, 06:09
The final I wanted to see really, Sorry Pino.

This untested Brazil (i.e no Qualifiers in 3 years) v Spain (the legends)

Hope Spain show a bit more in the final though.

pino
28th June 2013, 13:02
I am traveling around Italy at the moment, so didn't have chance to see this match unfortunately. Glad to read Italy played at same level as Spain though. Congrats to Spain, hopefully next year we will get our revenge :p :

odykas
28th June 2013, 16:07
Casillas sucks (not!).

He does.

I am traveling around Italy at the moment

Italian tourist :s :p :

odykas
28th June 2013, 16:09
Edit: a friend who saw the match told me that he fell asleep :p :

gadjo_dilo
28th June 2013, 17:06
Edit: a friend who saw the match told me that he fell asleep :p :

Maybe because it ended too late..... :confused: :devil:

race aficionado
28th June 2013, 18:38
http://www.motorsportforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by race aficionado http://www.motorsportforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.motorsportforums.com/chit-chat/140552-i-will-probably-banned-but-footie-thread-100.html#post1142032)
Casillas sucks (not!).

He does.

Well, yesterday he sure did not disappoint. Thanks to him La Roja will meet Neymar and his compadres in Maracaná stadium on Sunday.

steveaki13
28th June 2013, 22:34
Maybe because it ended too late..... :confused: :devil:

The day I had to get up early to travel to the GP and the game done all it could to end late.

odykas
30th June 2013, 12:30
Laurent Blanc is the new PSG coach

http://m1.menly.fr/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/laurent-blanc-doigt-honneur.jpg

Great start :erm: :laugh:

gadjo_dilo
30th June 2013, 20:39
Goal Cavani.
Love him. :kiss:

gadjo_dilo
30th June 2013, 20:40
Goal Cavani.
Love him. :kiss:

pino
30th June 2013, 21:20
Bravo Buffon, love him 😘😜

gadjo_dilo
30th June 2013, 21:36
Yay! Penalties!!!!!!
La Celeste vs Azzurri....

gadjo_dilo
30th June 2013, 21:40
I betted Forlan would miss and I won!!!!!!!

donKey jote
30th June 2013, 21:45
eh? football?
who's playing? :erm: :andrea:

gadjo_dilo
30th June 2013, 22:01
eh? football?
who's playing? :erm: :andrea:

To my knowledge some hot guys from Copacabana would meet some annoying spaniards. :devil:

odykas
30th June 2013, 22:20
What happened? :z

steveaki13
30th June 2013, 23:46
Spain appear second rate, and Brazil are now the best in the world.....

It looks all down to a little flea to stop them next year. (look it up)

gadjo_dilo
30th June 2013, 23:50
Neymar is from other galaxy. Love him. :kiss:
Already 2-0 for Brazil. I should go to sleep now.

race aficionado
30th June 2013, 23:55
I love this game.
Spain need to climb up a big mountain.

race aficionado
1st July 2013, 00:35
The moment Sergio Ramos decided to take over and kick the PK I new the mountain climb was in trouble.

gadjo_dilo
1st July 2013, 00:45
When waa the last time when Spain was lead by 3-0?

race aficionado
1st July 2013, 00:53
What is for sure is that the passion and intensity that they had when they sang their national anthem was also carried along to the way they played the game.
Good for Brazil.

Storm
1st July 2013, 05:58
Lets not get carried away. It was still a glorified friendly tournament. I could not see any game in the CC because of the ungodly hours and the mad things happening in life (not that I shirk from midnight mayhem normally but then this came at the end of a gruelling season even as a fan !)

Spain will still be the team to beat come next year, but I am hoping the little flea might prove to be something better than 2010. Neymar scoring goals and playing well? Can only be good for next season eh donkey? :p : I still haven't seen that guy in a full match.

donKey jote
1st July 2013, 06:02
looking forward to Neymar doing the same to Ramos and Arbeloa more often in future :andrea: :D

gadjo_dilo
1st July 2013, 06:54
Lets not get carried away. It was still a glorified friendly tournament. .

A friendly tournament that involves a lot of money for the winners. (Not that it counts too much for those players.... :p : )
Italy was so happy with the 3rd place that you might say they won the cup.

Neymar scoring goals and playing well? ..... I still haven't seen that guy in a full match.
Haven't you seen him at last year's olympics? :confused:

Spain will still be the team to beat come next year, but I am hoping the little flea might prove to be something better than 2010. .

Well, as I've said some posts above it's already a rule that the team that wins the Conf. Cup will not win the WC next year.

odykas
1st July 2013, 08:19
Let me guess: Casillas was great again :p :

race aficionado
1st July 2013, 15:28
Don't put Casillas down.
He was as good as Arbeloa. ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
1st July 2013, 15:35
I think Brazil are one of the favourites for the World Cup simply because the tournament is in Brazil and that adds extra motivation to the players. But I think the two strongest sides are Spain and Germany. My only question mark against Germany is can they keep up their physical game throughout a tournament?

Donney
1st July 2013, 16:44
I don't think Casillas was bad at all... The rest of them ahem... especially Albeloa and Ramos...

Well they didn't win in South Africa either...

Storm
2nd July 2013, 07:20
Haven't you seen him at last year's olympics? :confused:

No. I watch all World Cup, European Championship, La Liga and Champions League games. Add some Premier League/Serie A/Bundesliga/Copa America. After this overdose the Confed cup and Olympics is simply not on the menu (I ignore the Olympics in its entirety, not just football)

odykas
4th July 2013, 20:20
^ Footbaholic :bandit:

race aficionado
9th July 2013, 17:59
Donks . . . . your Villa Maravilla is Barca's no more.
At least at Atletico Madrid he will play much more.

I'm looking forward to Barca's new STRONG defender . . . . . who will it be????

donKey jote
9th July 2013, 18:06
I know... my sis sent me a whatsapp to say he was passing his medical this morning at her workplace :p
David Villa pasa el reconocimiento mdico - MARCA.com (http://www.marca.com/2013/07/09/futbol/equipos/atletico/1373356594.html)

His first important game will be against Barcelona :bandit:

steveaki13
10th July 2013, 20:25
I'm looking forward to Barca's new STRONG defender . . . . . who will it be????

At this rate It will be Neymar.

They have bought him and have been linked with Aguero.

I was screaming at the Radio. "Buy a Defender FFS"

David Luiz was mentioned, but yet to hear anything certain

Storm
11th July 2013, 17:43
I am sad to see Villa go. Never got his due at Barca and had a nightmare of a 2nd season due to the leg. 3rd wasn't any better either.
Hopefully he can be the same guy from Valencia at Atletico. Would actually serve Tito right to see him score in the SuperCopa. Pedro and Alexis in front of him was just a ridiculous decision on so many levels.

Still no defender in sight although Thiago Silva is being mentioned a lot again. For no apparent reason Thiago Alcantara seems to be on his way out. They need cover for Xavi and Iniesta!! Cesc is not the solution.

donKey jote
11th July 2013, 19:00
Pep has told Bayern he wants Thiago Alcántara or nobody :)

Fußball: Bayern-Trainer Pep Guardiola will Thiago Alcántara - SPIEGEL ONLINE (http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/fussball-bayern-trainer-pep-guardiola-will-thiago-alcantara-a-910657.html)

steveaki13
11th July 2013, 22:34
I think Thiago has a buy out clause to do with leaving if he has not played a certain amount of games.

Would be such a shame if Barca lost him. He has some magic and really he should be being moved up the order.

pino
12th July 2013, 18:03
Looking forward for season start, Juve with Tevez, Llorente and Ogbonna (and more to come) are looking very strong, both for the scudetto and the CL :D

odykas
15th July 2013, 12:03
Lots of noise expected next season :p :

donKey jote
15th July 2013, 12:09
Thiago joins Pep in Munich :dozey:

odykas
15th July 2013, 12:31
Here's Barca defence plan for next season :mark:

http://rlv.zcache.com/white_mouse_eating_swiss_cheese_postcard-r23517283dee94988a8b3b0f59ca912ad_vgbaq_8byvr_324. jpg

donKey jote
15th July 2013, 14:42
:dozey:

Storm
17th July 2013, 07:35
Thiago gone, Deulofeu gone. Cesc, Alexis, Song are still here :erm:
no defender and no goalkeeper yet.

odykas
17th July 2013, 10:49
No defence and no lessons learned :blackeye:

steveaki13
17th July 2013, 22:41
Thiago gone, Deulofeu gone. Cesc, Alexis, Song are still here :erm:
no defender and no goalkeeper yet.

Worrying times. They cant expect to just sign Neymar and be right back at the top.

donKey jote
19th July 2013, 18:56
balls :dozey:

Tito's cancer is back :(

pino
19th July 2013, 18:57
balls :dozey:

Tito's cancer is back :(

Very bad news :(

donKey jote
19th July 2013, 19:38
Press-con now to announce that Tito's leaving and the plans for the team...

odykas
19th July 2013, 20:17
Be strong Tito :(

Storm
22nd July 2013, 05:46
that was actually what happens more often than not :(
Good luck Tito!

odykas
23rd July 2013, 11:21
What do you think of Tata Martnino? :dozey:

pino
23rd July 2013, 12:59
Who ? :s

odykas
23rd July 2013, 13:27
That was my first reaction when I heard that name :s

pino
23rd July 2013, 14:48
Barca should have sign Luis Enrique or Mancini :p :

donKey jote
23rd July 2013, 15:50
Tito, Tata...

where´s Tutu? :andrea:

odykas
23rd July 2013, 18:51
It could be worse: Fabio :p :

Storm
24th July 2013, 05:39
Barca should have sign Luis Enrique or Mancini :p :
Enrique yes, Mancini????? NO
Tata sounds like a big risk and also a temporary quick solution and they would rather have someone else in the long term. anyways we will soo find out (Just read Martino was coach of Paraguay in 2010 - so he did do a very good job, but then club football is different and there is much more pressure at Barca)

pino
24th July 2013, 11:37
So Storm, tell me why Enrique yes and Mancini NO !!!!! Are you aware of Mancinj career both as player and manager ? Compare it to Enrique and Martino go on ;)

donKey jote
24th July 2013, 12:10
Luis Enrique no, Manwhoini no. Both are too "chuloputas" for Barça :devil: :andrea:

pino
24th July 2013, 14:34
Higuain is in Naples and he will sign a 4 years contract. So Napoli has become Real Napoli now :s

gadjo_dilo
24th July 2013, 19:10
Min.67
Bayern - Barcelona 1-0

Anybody watching?

donKey jote
24th July 2013, 20:10
it was only a Barca B or C... the only Barca player I recognised was Thiago, and he was playing for Bayern :dozey:

steveaki13
24th July 2013, 22:27
That was a strange situation for Barca to be in. Sending out B and C players against an almost full strength Bayern. Oh well

As for Tata.

He likes playing in a Barca style as seen at Newells in the Libatadores this year, be interesting to see if he really wants to shake things up a bit.

odykas
25th July 2013, 09:22
Luis Enrique no, Manwhoini no.

I think Maldini would be an interesting option as he could probably tackle the defence issues.

On the other hand, I don't expect much from a Latin American coach :dozey:

Storm
25th July 2013, 13:12
So Storm, tell me why Enrique yes and Mancini NO !!!!! Are you aware of Mancinj career both as player and manager ? Compare it to Enrique and Martino go on ;)

Enrique yes is only based on his being an ex player and well respected by players/fans and his knowing the club/system well. Also him being a Barca B coach not so long ago means he even knows most of the current squad players. Not basing my opinion on his managerial career in Roma/Celta.

and yes I am very much aware of Mancini as player AND coach..I may not be a dinosaur like you but I did not start watching football in 2007 :D

pino
25th July 2013, 13:25
Enrique yes is only based on his being an ex player and well respected by players/fans and his knowing the club/system well. Also him being a Barca B coach not so long ago means he even knows most of the current squad players. Not basing my opinion on his managerial career in Roma/Celta.

and yes I am very much aware of Mancini as player AND coach..I may not be a dinosaur like you but I did not start watching football in 2007 :D

Still you didn't explain why Mancini NO !!!!! ;)

donKey jote
25th July 2013, 18:27
While Barça would probably do better with a strong defense, Catemancinio just isn't Barça style for the time being :andrea:

pino
25th July 2013, 18:52
You guys know nothing about Mancini and his way of playing football. Once again go and read about his career both as player and manager ;)

Storm
26th July 2013, 06:56
Man City. Tonnes of money and players and still won the league by just goal difference. Knocked out of CL group stage.
Inter Milan. Tonnes of players and no competition when he won league(s) (No Juve, Milan were crap too - surely you agree with that? ;) )

And yes, does not suit the style/players at disposal at FCB.

edit: He is by far the smartest "looking" coach on the touchline though..
edit2: why wasn't Bielsa considered, I wonder...

pino
26th July 2013, 07:18
At Man City, too many new players in so short time and he wasn't given enough time to build a real squad. Still in 2 seasons, he won both the FA and PL, and a win is a win not matter how ;) Anyway he hates the catenaccio (btw wake up because none in Italy uses that anymore) and he never ever played it with his squads.

Big Ben
26th July 2013, 10:52
I'm sort of a Man Utd fan and I don't like that City fired Mancini. He was doing a great job there... for Man Utd

odykas
26th July 2013, 16:19
While Barça would probably do better with a strong defense, Catemancinio just isn't Barça style for the time being http://www.motorsportforums.com/images/smilies/angel.gif

This is the answer I expected to see :p :

donKey jote
26th July 2013, 17:11
:andrea: :p

odykas
28th July 2013, 11:50
On the other hand, it's hard for me to believe that an Argentinian coach can do better than an Italian coach :dozey:

pino
28th July 2013, 12:26
On the other hand, it's hard for me to believe that an Argentinian coach can do better than an Italian coach :dozey:

...with a such great squad even you and myself could coach Barca and win ;)

steveaki13
28th July 2013, 12:54
But would you be able to entice some defenders to Barca.

Do you have the influence Pino.

Storm
29th July 2013, 06:37
maybe Galli would come over

odykas
30th July 2013, 20:20
...with a such great squad even you and myself could coach Barca and win ;)

The first step is not a win but a goal against stupid Bayern :evil:

odykas
3rd August 2013, 21:33
8 - 0 ? :dozey:

race aficionado
4th August 2013, 00:40
David Luiz a probable for Barca??????

Storm
5th August 2013, 14:28
Yeah been hearing that for ages....or Daniel Agger.

race aficionado
5th August 2013, 15:02
Yeah been hearing that for ages....or Daniel Agger.

Well if MARCA says it . . . . it must be true.
:dozey:

But seriously . . . . Barca needs it to be able to contend Vs the top teams that have re-loaded their squads.

race aficionado
5th August 2013, 15:04
. . . . oh, and by the way, Eye-Pocker's Chelsea Vs RM. this coming Wednesday . . . .

That one will be fun!

Bezza
6th August 2013, 16:54
The most intense rivalry in world football met for the first time in 3 years last night:

BBC Sport - Preston 1-0 Blackpool (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23486654)

...and the Mighty Whites were the deserved victors over the "Tangerine" Donkey lashers.

WE'RE THE ONE AND ONLY NORTH END

:champion:

Brown, Jon Brow
6th August 2013, 17:33
My facebook feed has been full of gloating PNE fans. It's like they've actually won the cup.

Anyways, the best team in Preston is Hardly Athletic 5-a-side team that plays every Tuesday.

Rollo
7th August 2013, 00:54
World Cup 1966: Letter Reveals Doping Breach on German Team - SPIEGEL ONLINE (http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/world-cup-1966-letter-reveals-doping-breach-on-german-team-a-789852.html)
In the letter, Andrejevic noted that the tests revealed very slight traces of an ephedrine-based medicine against cold symptoms in three players from the West German football team. Ephedrine is used as a decongestant but also as a stimulant.
All teams at the time had been given a list of banned medicines, and ephedrine was on that list. No maximum permissible levels had been provided, which meant that strictly speaking, the German players were doped.

:O

No we're not on drugs, we're okay, we were just thinking you know, why don't you get us a Pepsi... :D

Bezza
7th August 2013, 11:06
My facebook feed has been full of gloating PNE fans. It's like they've actually won the cup.

Anyways, the best team in Preston is Hardly Athletic 5-a-side team that plays every Tuesday.

Believe me mate, if you had endured the last 8 years of Preston going from Premiership hopefuls, through a series of terrible decisions on and off the field, into finanical turmoil, relegation - whilst our bitter rivals Burnley, and then especially Blackpool (that lot with the tower) getting to the Premier League - then lording it over us. We even a plane over Deepdale sent by Blackpool fans on our day of relegation! And even the word PNECRISIS as the Conundrum on Countdown!

So effectively, the 87th minute winner and final whistle saw at outpouring of all that in one go :)

PNE are on the way up again :)

And I tell you what, 17,500 fans on Deepdale (inc. 4,500 tangerines) created a mighty atmosphere. I've been to Old Trafford a few times in recent years. The atmosphere was WAY WAY better than the tourists and franchise followers produce.

race aficionado
8th August 2013, 14:01
Rm: 1. - mou: 0

Brown, Jon Brow
8th August 2013, 18:44
Believe me mate, if you had endured the last 8 years of Preston going from Premiership hopefuls, through a series of terrible decisions on and off the field, into finanical turmoil, relegation - whilst our bitter rivals Burnley, and then especially Blackpool (that lot with the tower) getting to the Premier League - then lording it over us. We even a plane over Deepdale sent by Blackpool fans on our day of relegation! And even the word PNECRISIS as the Conundrum on Countdown!

So effectively, the 87th minute winner and final whistle saw at outpouring of all that in one go :)

PNE are on the way up again :)

And I tell you what, 17,500 fans on Deepdale (inc. 4,500 tangerines) created a mighty atmosphere. I've been to Old Trafford a few times in recent years. The atmosphere was WAY WAY better than the tourists and franchise followers produce.

You can tell PNE have not had a lot of success recently when they celebrate a League Cup round 1 victory with a pitch-invasion. And Burnley in the next round now!

Old Traffords atmosphere really depends on the game. There's too many Chinese tourists to get a good atmosphere in a game against the likes of Norwich or Swansea. It's Champions League Q/F or S/F against Barcelona or Real Madrid that get that place rocking. The roar from the Stretford end against Real Madrid last year was massive.

Well done to Carlisle, knocking out Blackburn Rovers on penalties in the League Cup last night.

Brown, Jon Brow
8th August 2013, 22:29
Goal-line technology will finally be used in the Premier League next year.

The 'goal that wasn't' has ensured that Frank Lampard has helped take football into the 21st century - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10230362/The-goal-that-wasnt-has-ensured-that-Frank-Lampard-has-helped-take-football-into-the-21st-century.html)

Thank you Frank Lampard.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/06/27/article-0-0A3A4D8B000005DC-774_634x323.jpg

Bezza
9th August 2013, 12:26
Goal-line technology will finally be used in the Premier League next year.

The 'goal that wasn't' has ensured that Frank Lampard has helped take football into the 21st century - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10230362/The-goal-that-wasnt-has-ensured-that-Frank-Lampard-has-helped-take-football-into-the-21st-century.html)

Thank you Frank Lampard.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/06/27/article-0-0A3A4D8B000005DC-774_634x323.jpg

About time too!

Although, the only technology needed for that particular goal was common sense!

Storm
10th August 2013, 06:31
^very true
common sense and good vision. 2 things that refs and linesmen often lack.

janneppi
10th August 2013, 18:12
I went to see Arsenal vs Man City in Helsinki today, the first time I saw a game live since 1980's when I watched Lahden Reipas play someone. :D Pretty good game and weather was ok.

Mintexmemory
10th August 2013, 21:16
I went to see Arsenal vs Man City in Helsinki today, the first time I saw a game live since 1980's when I watched Lahden Reipas play someone. :D Pretty good game and weather was ok.
Hope you enjoyed watching the miserly Gunners (spend the money Wenger!!!) and young Theo in particular ;)

janneppi
11th August 2013, 06:19
Walcott's goal was splendid, at that time Arsenal was forced to defend quite a lot and scored pretty much in their first good chance. Man City had more moments in the first half, but they seemed to lost momentum in the second half.

pino
11th August 2013, 06:55
Looking forward to see how much City will win this year, without Mancini...

Bezza
12th August 2013, 08:11
Hope you enjoyed watching the miserly Gunners (spend the money Wenger!!!) and young Theo in particular ;)

Haha! No doubt Wenger will wait until 31st August and then panic-buy three average players again (Arteta, Benayoun, Mertesacker...) :laugh:

I am getting bored of transfer saga's - Bale, Rooney and Suarez. Either move or shut up and get on with it! Especially the Rooney one, possibly the most over-rated player in recent memory.

race aficionado
12th August 2013, 14:29
As for a La Liga follower and a Barca fan, I see RM as an extremely powerful and talented team.
I'm concerned about Barca's defense but look forward to an exciting Neimar.
I also hope that Messi doesn't play every minute of every game. The end of last season gave us a tired and hurt Messi.

pino
12th August 2013, 15:14
This year La Liga will be another fight between Barca and Real M, too boring for me :s nore: meanwhile in Italy at least 5 team will fight for the scudetto : Napoli, Milan, Fiorentina, Lazio and Juve : bounce:

:p :

anfield5
15th August 2013, 23:05
So Louis %$#@% Suarez has hinted he will stay at Liverpool now and might even sign a new contract, only after he has been told he isn't going anywhere else. As a lifelong Reds fan (legacy of birth no-less), now that he has lowered himself to stay at Anfield, I say the time is right to swap him for Willian from Anzhi Makhachkala, and send the horrible little bugger to Siberia (yes I know Makhachkala is on the Caspian sea in Dagestan but it doesn't have the same ring to it as being sent to Siberia).

Storm
19th August 2013, 05:34
7-0 in his first game...and Leo subbed too (that's a first in a long time apart from injuries although he did have a knock recently) and the Supercopa is this week as well.

Bloody Star Sports has put La Liga on Star Sports 2 yet again and my dish tv operator still hasn't added this channel :(
I guess it's time to change and maybe get Tata Sky box now in a month when my subscription is over.
ended up watching Dortmund labour to win in the Bundesliga instead.

pino
19th August 2013, 13:09
Meanwhile in Italy...Supercup Final in Rome :

Juventus-Lazio 4-0 :D

Bezza
19th August 2013, 13:30
Swansea 1 Man Utd 4

Didn't expect that, although I think the result flattered United - the difference was basically Van Persie.

I still think it will be between City and Chelsea this season. With Rooney eyeing a move, it only takes an injury to Van Persie, a lack of Ferguson as manager will mean they fall to 3rd, although I don't think that would be a terrible first season for Moyes as he news to rebuild the squad.

More importantly, PNE 2 MK Dons 2. Grrrrr. Three games, three draws!

anfield5
20th August 2013, 01:16
Swansea 1 Man Utd 4

Didn't expect that, although I think the result flattered United - the difference was basically Van Persie.

I still think it will be between City and Chelsea this season. With Rooney eyeing a move, it only takes an injury to Van Persie, a lack of Ferguson as manager will mean they fall to 3rd, although I don't think that would be a terrible first season for Moyes as he news to rebuild the squad.

But the Russian Mafia did look poor against Hull, even though the Tigers didn't really offer any threat at all. Way too early to guess at where teams will be in May but, ManUre look the most likely (oh god please let me be wrong, these words turn to ash in my mouth).

Brown, Jon Brow
20th August 2013, 16:34
Swansea 1 Man Utd 4

Well hopefully Welbeck can continue scoring, his chip for the 4th goal was class but he needs to score more poachers goals like his first. Hernandez is still there remember who would score if Van Persie got injured.

I feel for all the Carlisle fans out there (basically all of Cumbria), they beat Blackburn in the Cup but have lost all of their 3 league games by 4 goals.

donKey jote
21st August 2013, 22:27
Villa Maravilla :D :D

oh dear :dozey: :p

donKey jote
21st August 2013, 23:25
Neymar who? :D :D :D

Storm
22nd August 2013, 07:49
These things are almost destined to happen...Villa scores and then so does Neymar :up:
2nd leg should be fun....and hopefully Messi isn't out for long but also they do not rush him like last season.

Donney
24th August 2013, 10:47
I have a feeling that the Tata will be a good coach for Barça (but I tend to like the Argentinian style)

pino
24th August 2013, 11:23
It's just too early to judge a coach, lets wait a couple of months for that ;)

Meanwhile Serie A starts today :

Sampdoria-Juventus :D

gadjo_dilo
25th August 2013, 18:05
Vlad. Chiriches sold to Tottenham.
Nooooooooooooo.......... :mad:

pino
25th August 2013, 18:23
Vlad. Chiriches sold to Tottenham.
Nooooooooooooo.......... :mad:

Whom ? :p :

steveaki13
25th August 2013, 18:26
City beat City. Wow.

gadjo_dilo
25th August 2013, 18:34
Whom ? :p :

:arrows:

shut up!
I'm angry.......!

pino
25th August 2013, 18:48
:arrows:

shut up!
I'm angry.......!

Get yourself a glass of red wine :p :

gadjo_dilo
25th August 2013, 19:06
Get yourself a glass of red wine :p :
Tried it. It doesn't work. Maybe I need one more...

donKey jote
25th August 2013, 20:46
Adriano! :erm: :D

anfield5
25th August 2013, 23:47
Tried it. It doesn't work. Maybe I need one more...

I think Pino meant to say cask of red wine not glass

Storm
27th August 2013, 05:13
Adriano! :erm: :D
nothing new here either....he scores great goals and gets injured equal number of times each season :\

still no defender in sight.,. what if Adriano is injured, Puyol isn't back (not match fit and might get injured again) and Pique starts playing like last season again?

odykas
27th August 2013, 09:22
I heard TSO got a warm welcome from ManU fans :laugh:

555-04Q2
27th August 2013, 10:25
Who won the MU vs CH game last night?

Mintexmemory
27th August 2013, 10:30
Who won the MU vs CH game last night?

:) Internet not working south of Lat 0?
Football was the winner! (or lack of it!)
0-0 bore, come back Rafa and Alex!!!

555-04Q2
27th August 2013, 10:32
:) Internet not working south of Lat 0?
Football was the winner! (or lack of it!)
0-0 bore, come back Rafa and Alex!!!

Hehehe ya whatever ;)
I was watching but fell asleep just after the hour mark! Didn't bother checking who won today though :)
Thanks for the result :up:

Storm
28th August 2013, 09:08
Supercopa tonight. Tata says no more signings till Jan :s
Pep drew his 2nd game in the league against lowly Freiburg. CL draw tomorrow and transfer window closing soon..lots of things

donKey jote
28th August 2013, 21:37
I really should go to bed ... :dozey:

donKey jote
28th August 2013, 22:32
boring first 35 minutes... I really should've gone to bed... :dozey:

donKey jote
28th August 2013, 22:47
nothing at all except for San Valdes at 43 min.

Sod it... let the goalfest begin without me, I'm outta here :s nore:

donKey jote
29th August 2013, 06:10
am I glad I missed the second half snorefest... :dozey:

Storm
29th August 2013, 07:46
I really should go to bed ... :dozey:
why the hell was it so late? even for you? now you know the pain of watching European (especially Spanish) leagues from a timezone 3.5/4.5 hours ahead :(

I was up till about 1am and then did the sod it bit, as the kick off was at 230am my time!
Of course I had to get up at about 3am for the nightly milk heat/feed shift and so watched the game from then. At half time I slept again but that frantic end to the 1st half kept me awake...started watching again from the 65' onwards but I should have slept on :s
Valdes was great. The rest? Neymar should try new boots I think.

gadjo_dilo
29th August 2013, 09:22
Yay!!!!Steaua is iin Champions League!!!

pino
29th August 2013, 12:42
Yay!!!!Steaua is iin Champions League!!!

Yes, thanks to an Italian player 😎😜

Storm
29th August 2013, 12:51
Milan made it...Real Sociedad is in too!
I like that team for some reason..ever since they came 2nd in the league and ran Madrid close many years ago.
Group stage draw in a few hours

Brown, Jon Brow
29th August 2013, 17:56
Group A- Manchester United, Bayer Leverkusen, Real Sociedad, Shakhtar Donetsk

Group B: Real Madrid, Juventus, Galatasaray, Copenhagen

Group C: Benfica, Paris St-Germain, Olympiakos, Anderlecht

Group D: Bayern Munich, CSKA Moscow, Manchester City, Viktoria Plzen

Group E: Chelsea, Schalke, Basel, Steaua Bucharest

Group F: Arsenal, Marseille, Borussia Dortmund, Napoli

Group G: Porto, Atletico Madrid, Zenit St Petersburg, Austria Vienna

Group H: Barcelona, AC Milan, Ajax, Celtic

Some big games there!

donKey jote
29th August 2013, 20:47
Go Juve :andrea:

anfield5
29th August 2013, 20:57
Ouch. Celtic look to have a really tough group.

As a totally pointless excerceise her are my qualifiers from each.

A. United, Sociadad, Leverkusen to the Europa
B. Madrid, Juve, Gala to the Europa
C. PSG, Benficia, Anderlecht to Europa
D. Bayern, City, CSKA to Europa
E. Schalke, Chelsea, Basel to Europa
F. Marseille, Napoli (go Raffa!!), Dortmund to Europa
G.Zenith, Porto, Athletico to Europa
H. Barca, Milan, Celtic to Europa

gadjo_dilo
30th August 2013, 16:17
Group E: Chelsea, Schalke, Basel, Steaua Bucharest

!

Come on Chelsea
We already managed to beat you in Bucharest! :p

Brown, Jon Brow
30th August 2013, 21:51
Who's watching the UEFA Super Cup?

Torres took the lead for Chelsea, Ribery equalised for Bayern in the 2nd half before Ramires was sent off for the London side. Extra time now and Neuer has just made a complete howler to let Hazards shot in.

Brown, Jon Brow
30th August 2013, 22:37
Wow. Bayern level it 2-2 in the last minute in added time of extra time and then win the penalty shoot-out.

donKey jote
31st August 2013, 10:24
Mouning as usual :p

gadjo_dilo
31st August 2013, 14:01
Poor TSO....
Can"t wait to see him in Bucharest.

gadjo_dilo
31st August 2013, 14:04
Yes, thanks to an Italian player 

I like to see you joking. :p

Brown, Jon Brow
31st August 2013, 22:12
England's version of 'el classico' is tomorrow. Liverpool host Manchester United at Anfield.

The two most successful clubs in England.

League titles: Liverpool 18 - 20 Manchester United.
FA Cups: Liverpool 7 - 11 Manchester United.
European Cups: Liverpool 5 - 3 Manchester United.

odykas
1st September 2013, 12:28
Go Juve :andrea:

4 - 1

It worked :p :

pino
1st September 2013, 14:48
In 2 weeks time I will be in Milan for Inter-Milan vs Juventus at the legendary San Siro stadium :D

Brown, Jon Brow
1st September 2013, 21:23
Liverpool 1 - 0 Manchester United

That wasn't supposed to happen. :-(

gadjo_dilo
1st September 2013, 21:25

Yay!!!!!!!!

donKey jote
1st September 2013, 21:39
Messii almost got his fourth against valencia :eek:

donKey jote
1st September 2013, 21:41
and again :crazy:

donKey jote
1st September 2013, 21:51
Postiga 2 - Messi 3 in Valencia http://i46.tinypic.com/hv9ul3.gifhttp://i46.tinypic.com/hv9ul3.gifhttp://i46.tinypic.com/hv9ul3.gif

steveaki13
1st September 2013, 22:34
Postiga 2 - Messi 3 in Valencia http://i46.tinypic.com/hv9ul3.gifhttp://i46.tinypic.com/hv9ul3.gifhttp://i46.tinypic.com/hv9ul3.gif

He's an average player ;) , he should have scored at least 6.

anfield5
1st September 2013, 22:40

Erm.... yes it was :bounce:

David Moyes has never (not in the past dozen years) had a result at Anfield. Even though I am obviously ever so slightly biased a Liverpool win was the fairest result. Even the most ardent (read deranged) Utd fan can't really argue with the result, although 3-1 would have possibly (again that Merseyside bias comes to the fore :D ) been a truer reflection of how the game played out.

Brown, Jon Brow
1st September 2013, 23:35
Erm.... yes it was :bounce:

David Moyes has never (not in the past dozen years) had a result at Anfield. Even though I am obviously ever so slightly biased a Liverpool win was the fairest result. Even the most ardent (read deranged) Utd fan can't really argue with the result, although 3-1 would have possibly (again that Merseyside bias comes to the fore :D ) been a truer reflection of how the game played out.

1-0 was a fair reflection of the game. Man Utd just didn't have any creativity in the middle. Rooney was badly missed.

anfield5
2nd September 2013, 01:13
1-0 was a fair reflection of the game. Man Utd just didn't have any creativity in the middle. Rooney was badly missed.

I totally agree Jon. The biggest disapointment from a Man U perspective was how ineffectual RVP looked to be (cudos to Agger for this though). On the flip side of that though is how well Martin Skyrtl played, considering it was his first game and his knee wasn't 100% and he was coming off a horror 3012/13 season

race aficionado
2nd September 2013, 04:30
Cristiano - Isco - Bale

I want to see that . . . .

gadjo_dilo
2nd September 2013, 08:17
As a totally pointless excerceise her are my qualifiers from each.

E. Schalke, Chelsea, Basel to Europa
:arrows: :mad:

gadjo_dilo
2nd September 2013, 08:24
Hmm....Wonder if Neymar will ever score.......

odykas
2nd September 2013, 09:57
In 2 weeks time I will be in Milan for Inter-Milan vs Juventus at the legendary San Siro stadium :D

If Milan win, we will know who to blame ;)

pino
2nd September 2013, 11:51
Who said Serie A was boring ? :p :http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/02/jyse8ana.jpg

pino
2nd September 2013, 12:45
Kaka's back to Milan for the amount of 0€...stupid Real M. :crazy:

Brown, Jon Brow
2nd September 2013, 13:04
Bale has been unveiled at Madrid.

Ozil looks set to move to Arsenal for $45.

Still no signings for Man Utd :(

555-04Q2
2nd September 2013, 15:32
Was good to see the Arsenal get one over Spurs this weekend :)

Donney
2nd September 2013, 15:59
I have nothing against Chelsea but it makes me feel warm inside when Mourinho loses.

Brown, Jon Brow
2nd September 2013, 17:12
So what do the Spanish football fans think of Bale?

I know a lot of you are Barcelona fans so are you worried about the arrival of the Welshman?

I think the price tag is too high but that doesn't seem to be a problem for Real Madrid. On his day Bale is unplayable, he is faster than Ronaldo and has a shot almost as good, and he can defend as well as attack. I still remember the 3 stunning goals he scored against Maicon and Inter at the San Siro in 2010, and he is a lot better player now.

Parabolica
2nd September 2013, 18:05
If Bale is worth that much, it makes you wonder what John Robertson would have fetched on todays market.

donKey jote
2nd September 2013, 20:01
Who said Serie A was boring ? :p :http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/02/jyse8ana.jpg

Serie A ? Half of those scorelines were probably rigged ! :devil: :andrea: :p

donKey jote
2nd September 2013, 20:02

who? :andrea: :p

steveaki13
2nd September 2013, 22:04

I know a lot of you are Barcelona fans so are you worried about the arrival of the Welshman?

I think the price tag is too high but that doesn't seem to be a problem for Real Madrid. On his day Bale is unplayable, he is faster than Ronaldo and has a shot almost as good, and he can defend as well as attack. I still remember the 3 stunning goals he scored against Maicon and Inter at the San Siro in 2010, and he is a lot better player now.

I am slightly worried for Bale to be honest, I mean as you say the price tag is too high, he is now by money measurements the best player in the world and that means scoring the odd winner in 5 or 6 games like he did at Spurs is not enough. Even 20 Goals a season isnt enough. For that price he needs to do what Ronaldo does and score 40+ goals a season or even what Messi does score 60+ a season.

Personally I dont see that happening. He will be a great player, but not that extra step to Ronaldo in my opinion. (Of course then there is another step to Leo ;) )

Anyway I cant wish him well Im afraid as with my Spanish Football Hat on I am a fan of Barca.

steveaki13
2nd September 2013, 22:09
As for the English Scene. It appears amazing that Man U havent got anyone. Reports say they have lost out on Herrara.

Advantage Chelsea and Man City

Arsenal signing Ozil is a decent buy, but not really what the need.

Who knows but not alot happening thus far

Alfa Fan
2nd September 2013, 22:49
Its not necessarily David Moyes I blame for what's happened this year. Ed Woodward seems to be totally out of his depth. Amateurish.

Brown, Jon Brow
2nd September 2013, 22:49
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTLmyNkCAAA0Gnx.jpg

Brown, Jon Brow
2nd September 2013, 22:55
Arsenals midfield is now looking very good again.

Whilshire, Ramsay, Carzola, Walcott and now Ozil.

Shame they don't have any centre backs.

Alfa Fan
2nd September 2013, 23:13
It's not necessarily completely Moyes' fault. Ed Woodward has a lot to answer for. Amateurish.

anfield5
2nd September 2013, 23:15
Stupid money like this is what is ruining football. There is no way Bale (he is absolutely a great player, that is in no doubt, he is possibly one of the best 5 players in the world) is seven times the player that Courtinho or Danny Welbeck, et al are.

I wish Bale all the best at Real and have no issue with him leaving Spurs (in fact I couldn't wipe the smile off my face or stop humming 'going down, going, down, going down...... when I was having lunch with a friend of mine from Tottenham.), but if the super rich clubs continue to skew the transfer markets with actions like this, football will eventually fall over a cliff.

race aficionado
3rd September 2013, 01:04
Özil sold by RM?
Big mistake me thinks.

Rollo
3rd September 2013, 01:32
Its not necessarily David Moyes I blame for what's happened this year.

What? Thumping Swansea, drawing against Chelsea and being beaten by Liverpool by a single goal? No offence but Chelsea aren't exactly relegation material and Liverpool are... well... Liverpool.
No offence, 3 games does not a season make.

Also:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/61/216699162_7295dd43bc.jpg

Also as a Liverpool fan, 3 games does not a season make. Admittedly 3 games in and top of the league has contributed to making people happy but I'd prefer it if Liverpool were top of the league after 38 games and not just 3 - that hasn't happened since 1990.

Mintexmemory
3rd September 2013, 02:03
Özil sold by RM?
Big mistake me thinks.

Ozil bought by AFC :hot: :hot:
Great purchase methinks (it's all one word ;) )

Re. Anfield's statement that Bale is possibly one of the top 5 players in the World - I'd say both Barca and RM already have 5 better players each (or did have until MO decided to embrace Goonerdom :) )

anfield5
3rd September 2013, 04:25
Ozil bought by AFC :hot: :hot:
Great purchase methinks (it's all one word ;) )

Re. Anfield's statement that Bale is possibly one of the top 5 players in the World - I'd say both Barca and RM already have 5 better players each (or did have until MO decided to embrace Goonerdom :) )

They quite possibly do, I guess it's a very subjective thing i.e. who is the best etc. As a born and confirmed scouser I would much rather have Raheem Stirling and Courtinho than Bale, but that is mainly because they are who we have and they have both been quite outstanding. I would say that if Gareth Bale was one of us, he would be my preferred option.

Rollo
3rd September 2013, 06:25
Reds seal Moses loan switch - Liverpool FC (http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/144061-reds-seal-moses-loan-switch)
http://assets.lfcimages.com/uploads/3639__0323__03moses517.jpg
Liverpool Football Club has today completed the season-long loan signing of Chelsea forward Victor Moses.
- via LFC

What happened when Moses crossed over the Red Sea? Of course, it's a journey to the Promised Land that few could Passover.

Heh heh, on 29th December, Liverpool play at Stamford Bridge. If Sturridge scores there... Daniel in the Lions' Den.

Storm
3rd September 2013, 09:17
Big end to the transfer window then. Unfortunately Martino did not buy a single player. (Neymar was Tito or rather the director's choice) Plan B when attacking and a good, reliable, strong in the air defender were much needed and nothing was done. Hoping Messi and Neymar stay fit as I don't see Fabregas or Pedro or Alexis delivering many goals.

As for Bale? I have watched him a few times only as I haven't watched premier league football as regularly in the last couple of seasons as earlier. He is a very good player, very fit and fast. Did Madrid really need a player of somewhat similar style to Ronaldo? (Not to mention his bruised ego - now that Bale is the costliest player ever!). For 100+m USD he should be scoring every game like CR7. With this much spending, anything less than a double would be a failure :p :
Selling Ozil was somewhat unexpected but they did buy Isco who is fantastic. Another player who perhaps Barca should have gone for as Xavi isn't getting younger and Thiago is gone.

Big Ben
3rd September 2013, 10:41
100M for a football player.. preposterous... defies common sense.

Donney
3rd September 2013, 11:34
Madrid fans Bales is the coming of Jesus Christ and together with CR7 and Benzema they are sure the holly trinity is dressed in white and living in Chamartín.

The rest of Spanish fans are confident RM will ruin him as a player and as a person as it tends to happen in the "white House" as they refer to themselves.

MrJan
3rd September 2013, 12:15
It's not the transfer of Bale that astounds me, it's the wages! The lad will be earning nearly £30/minute (pre-tax) every minute of every day.

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd September 2013, 16:45
As for the transfer cost of Bale, Real only have to shift just over 1 million replica shirts with Bales name on at €80 each...... Plus they get 50% of his image rights, which explain how they can afford such wages. As Bale has been the biggest star of the EPL over the past few seasons it will gain Madrid market share in countries where the Premier League is more popular than La Liga.

Remember Real Madrids income is over €100,000,000 more than even Manchester United (arguably the first club to exploit itself as a brand), they are an another planet from a business point of view.

Storm
4th September 2013, 04:09
^Bale is not as marketable as CR7 was or still is.
Biggest star of EPL? In a country where most football fans worship the premier league (like the rest of S/SE Asia) I think Rooney, Torres and even Gerrard are bigger draws.

Personally, I rate Suarez higher than Bale. Suarez is not a one trick pony. Only his disciplinary record and reputation is a hindrance (but perhaps with the right manager that can be resolved)

Kaka going on a free after being the world's costliest player in 2009 (for a few days atleast) is actually the funniest business this season. I can see him doing o.k at Milan.

Alfa Fan
4th September 2013, 13:10
No offence, 3 games does not a season make.

I meant in terms of transfers, where we have been undeniably completely inadequate.

Mintexmemory
4th September 2013, 14:05
[quote="Storm"]

:) A mere bagatelle! Taking one for the team in the WC Finals, biting at Ajax and Liverpool, racism.
A bit more than a hindrance I'd say. Very glad that AFC didn't sign him (actually given the machinations don't think Wenger was ever really serious)!

Big Ben
4th September 2013, 14:32
I meant in terms of transfers, where we have been undeniably completely inadequate.

Paying some millions more for Fellaini because they couldn't make up their mind was sort of embarrassing.

I didn't really get the Fabregas story either.

Brown, Jon Brow
4th September 2013, 20:09
Biggest star of EPL? In a country where most football fans worship the premier league (like the rest of S/SE Asia) I think Rooney, Torres and even Gerrard are bigger draws.

Personally, I rate Suarez higher than Bale. Suarez is not a one trick pony. Only his disciplinary record and reputation is a hindrance (but perhaps with the right manager that can be resolved)

Kaka going on a free after being the world's costliest player in 2009 (for a few days atleast) is actually the funniest business this season. I can see him doing o.k at Milan.

I think if Bale at Real Madrid scores the same type of goals he scored for Tottenham his profile will rise further. A player can only go so far at Tottenham. The EPL hasn't had a more exciting player as Bale for the past few years, no other EPL player has hit as many 30 yard winners or powered past defenders with as much pace. If I was Puyol I'd be pooping my pants a bit.

hHsIzHLctgI

donKey jote
4th September 2013, 21:15
very impressive :devil:
I specially liked #4.... such skill ! :laugh:
and got bored by #11 :s nore:
JuniorMessi indeed ;) :andrea:

anfield5
4th September 2013, 21:20

Do I take this to mean you think Bale is a 'one trick pony'?
Sorry but on this point you are quite wrong. How can a player who started life as a left back, and who played in the EPL in this position, before being converted to a left wing, then to a centre forward/CAM be accused of being a one trick pony. He can play any position on the pitch apart from in goal.

I do agree however that if he gets his act together and his head right Suarez is a better striker, possibly a better player full-stop.

Brown, Jon Brow
4th September 2013, 21:51
very impressive :devil:
I specially liked #4.... such skill ! :laugh:
and got bored by #11 :s nore:
JuniorMessi indeed ;) :andrea:

Unfair to compare him to Messi. But a similar video made about goals from Rooney, Torres and Gerrard from last season would be much duller and much shorter.

donKey jote
4th September 2013, 22:02
Unfair to compare him to Messi.

top left corner of the video :)

Brown, Jon Brow
4th September 2013, 22:16
top left corner of the video :)

That's just the name of the channel :p

donKey jote
4th September 2013, 22:23
doup! :arrows: :p

Storm
5th September 2013, 05:44
Unfair to compare him to Messi. But a similar video made about goals from Rooney, Torres and Gerrard from last season would be much duller and much shorter.

So Bale has basically been good for a season or two?. The others I mentioned have done it over many seasons even though a couple of them are just playing on their past glories now.

anfield: I did not really call him a 1 trick pony, but as you said so yourself, Suarez is a much more rounded player and more skillful too. Sure, Bale has played in multiple roles over his career (mainly on the left side) but then so have others. He is a versatile player as in can play in 2 or more positions but he relies heavily on his pace rather than sublime skills is what I meant.

As for Puyol pooping his pants...(nice alliteration) but that just does not happen. Puyol is awesome.
(Yes he is 35 and a bit fragile now, but he still is the most exciting defender to watch - hair an all)

Bale might have duped Maicon but he will come up against Alves who has always been better than Maicon. ;)

odykas
5th September 2013, 08:55
Bale is the new Beckham :o

Marketing hype.

Storm
5th September 2013, 12:31
He is better than Beckham!

odykas
5th September 2013, 12:37
Better player: maybe

Better marketeer: not yet ;)

Malbec
5th September 2013, 12:39
I think if Bale at Real Madrid scores the same type of goals he scored for Tottenham his profile will rise further. A player can only go so far at Tottenham.

Surely in order to be seriously marketable a player like Bale needs to be attractive to the casual or even the non-fan? I don't see how Bale can be as marketable as Beckham or Ronaldo if he won't play in any world cup (barring a miracle or the formation of a GB team) and how private he is off the pitch. Its not as if he has a huge domestic market that will buy his merchandise either.

gadjo_dilo
6th September 2013, 20:55
Yay!!!!!!!! We did it! We did it! We did it!
Romania - Hungary 3 -0...........
If you don't understand my exuberance, you should know that this was more than a football match.
I'm so happy that the arrogant Hungarian fans who caused trouble in the city and insulted us would go home with their tails between their legs. :laugh:

steveaki13
6th September 2013, 21:18
Yay!!!!!!!! We did it! We did it! We did it!Romania Hungary 3 -0...........If you don't understand my exuberance, you should know that this was more than a football match.I'm so happy that the arrogant Hungarian fans who caused trouble in the city and insulted us would go home with their tails between their legs. :laugh: Good win, and with 2 games v Andorra and Estonia to come, that just leaves a game v Turkey to get through. Good Luck

gadjo_dilo
6th September 2013, 21:24
Good win, and with 2 games v Andorra and Estonia to come, that just leaves a game v Turkey to get through. Good Luck
Thanks. We'll have a tough one against Turkey next week but I don't care if we lose. But to lose against Hungary? NEVERRRRRRRR......

steveaki13
6th September 2013, 22:22
Relieved England managed to win 4-0. Hope we can somehow win in Ukraine, but that will be tough. Belgium have done well to all but Qualify, while Portugal got an eventful 2-4 win in Northern Ireland. Damn Ronaldo and his hattricks. Netherlands were lucky to get a 2-2 in Estonia which surprised me and France only drew 0-0 in Georgia. Also worth noting San Marino U21's getting an amazing first competitive win 1-0 over Wales.

donKey jote
6th September 2013, 23:03
1-0 over Wales.

was that Bale bloke playing? :andrea:

Brown, Jon Brow
7th September 2013, 00:04

Nope. Not insured to play for his nation anymore.

gadjo_dilo
7th September 2013, 06:45
Relieved England managed to win 4-0.
Wonder if this time Tony Hawks betted on something. Last time when England played against Moldova he did and the bet was described in the book '' Playing the moldovans at tennis'' which is bloody hillarious :p

Netherlands were lucky to get a 2-2 in Estonia which surprised me

They were probably relaxed since they can't lose the first position in this group.

steveaki13
7th September 2013, 08:34

;) Should have mentioned they beat Wales U21's. I think Bale has moved on from U21 football.

steveaki13
7th September 2013, 08:53
Good wins by Colombia and Chile. Would love to see Colombia back at a World Cup. I believe apart from 62, the only world cups they made were 90,94,98 with their golden generation. With their wins Argentina, Colombia and Chile are all but into the world cup. Uruguay having won in Peru give themselves a chance of still catching Ecuador for that 4th spot, while only Venezuela in 6th have a chance of making the play off. Exciting stuff.

steveaki13
7th September 2013, 22:34
Some more big shocks in Africa Qualifying today. Tunisia lose 0-2 at home to Cape Verde, Ethiopia knock out South Africa and Burkina Faso make it into the final Qualifying Round.

Storm
10th September 2013, 14:14
Qualifying is all nice and good, but La Liga will be back this weekend (on my tv too!) Good bye DishTV and hello airtelTV
Now my mobile phone and tv services are both with the same company :crazy:

gadjo_dilo
10th September 2013, 21:59
It's all over now.......
Romania - Turkey 0-2
Hungary- Estonia 5-1
:dork:

donKey jote
10th September 2013, 22:08
It's all over now.......
Romania - Turkey 0-2
Hungary- Estonia 4-1
:dork:

you still have to play Andorra and Estonia, the two easiest in your group :)

gadjo_dilo
10th September 2013, 22:19
you still have to play Andorra and Estonia, the two easiest in your group :)Hungary and Turkey are now on 2nd and 3rd.
Netherlands is already qualified and I bet Turkey and Hungary will win against it.
Matter of fact our boys play like boots and don't deserve a WC.:(

Storm
11th September 2013, 11:27
I watched a bit of Italy v Czech and then flipped to England v Ukraine.... I should have stayed with Italy!
England are dire to watch...yes Rooney and Sturridge et al weren't playing but even with them they are one of the most boring teams
to watch in international football. Yes you can be boring and win tournaments but they don't even do that!

donKey jote
14th September 2013, 21:50
stoopid Barca throw away a 2-0 lead in the last 10 minutes :dozey:

and then Messi scores again in Fergie Time :D :D :D

steveaki13
14th September 2013, 22:21
Messi didn't actually score at the end, he took on 4 and crossed. The deflection sent it to Sanchez to poke home.

Never the less Messi won that game for Barca with that last driving run.

Funny he was terrible today and yet still scored and created the winner.

Brown, Jon Brow
14th September 2013, 23:29
Bale scores on his debut!

donKey jote
15th September 2013, 11:26
who? :p

steveaki13
15th September 2013, 17:10

Donney
16th September 2013, 18:13
And they did not win... Nice!

donKey jote
16th September 2013, 22:58
^^ like :D

Rollo
17th September 2013, 03:42
I'm really liking Victor Moses as a player. He seems to have a nice touch on the ball and an awareness to find other players with longish passes.
What annoyed me about the 2-2 result was that Shelvey scored after 87 seconds. GAH! What? Why do Liverpool keep on letting players who can score, go? You can't win unless you score and you can't score if you keep on letting people go who can.

Still top of the league, which after four matches hasn't happened since well... since I can't remember.

pino
17th September 2013, 12:34
On my way to http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/17/arajymet.jpg

:D

anfield5
17th September 2013, 21:59
I'm really liking Victor Moses as a player. He seems to have a nice touch on the ball and an awareness to find other players with longish passes.
What annoyed me about the 2-2 result was that Shelvey scored after 87 seconds. GAH! What? Why do Liverpool keep on letting players who can score, go? You can't win unless you score and you can't score if you keep on letting people go who can.

Still top of the league, which after four matches hasn't happened since well... since I can't remember.

In reality though, if Shelvey had stayed, he would never have played. There is no way he would force his way into an attacking midfield already containing Gerrard, Coutinho, Henderson (who is playing really well), Sterling, Moses (now) etc. At best he may have played the occasional League Cup game, and had a few minuted off the bench.

All that aside we are still top of the pile and 8 points better off than this time last year, not to mention having scored 2.5 times more goals and conceded 6 fewer.

pino
18th September 2013, 12:35
Crap performance by Juve last night, only a draw vs Copenhagen :s

gadjo_dilo
18th September 2013, 22:46
Schalke 04 - Steaua 3 - 0 :angryfire:

donKey jote
18th September 2013, 22:59
Messi only got three tonight, heck even WakaWaka scored :D

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd September 2013, 18:27
What has Moyes done to Man Utd? They'll be fortunate to finish in the top half of the league at this rate. :bigcry:

pino
22nd September 2013, 18:44
I say bring Mancini to United :p:

odykas
22nd September 2013, 20:37
:D

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6048/6273652497_23508310a7_z.jpg

Using my moderator edit ability to give this post a big 'LIKE'- mintexmemory

Storm
23rd September 2013, 07:15
^Yeah!

Man City banging 4 against Man U was good too

Barca score 4 (and Messi scored none! - although he played well) against Rayo, who actually had decent possession and attacks in the first half. Valdes saving another penalty :up: and Pedro scoring quickly in the 2nd half sort of deflated Rayo.

anfield5
23rd September 2013, 21:55
What has Moyes done to Man Utd? They'll be fortunate to finish in the top half of the league at this rate. :bigcry:

Be fair. Moyes IS a very good manager in the most difficult job in world football. Sure they have started poorly ( :laugh: ) but give him time. I recall two years ago City went to Old Trafford and scored 6. Unfortunately United will recover and will be in the top 3 by seasons end.

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd September 2013, 22:14

Be fair. Moyes IS a very good manager in the most difficult job in world football. Sure they have started poorly ( :laugh: ) but give him time. I recall two years ago City went to Old Trafford and scored 6. Unfortunately United will recover and will be in the top 3 by seasons end.

I'm not so optimistic. Not only are Chelsea and City a long way ahead of United but Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool are looking much stronger this year.

We spent £27m on a new midfielder and Tom Cleverly is still our best centre midfielder :s

Mintexmemory
24th September 2013, 16:09
[quote="Brown, Jon Brow":2i067vwh]What has Moyes done to Man Utd? They'll be fortunate to finish in the top half of the league at this rate. :bigcry:

I'm not so optimistic. Not only are Chelsea and City a long way ahead of United but Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool are looking much stronger this year.

We spent £27m on a new midfielder and Tom Cleverly is still our best centre midfielder :s[/quote:2i067vwh]

Particularly like the new 'Downfall' spoof with Hitler as a MUFC fan wondering why Ozil has ended up at Arsenal
Anyway it looks to me that choice of manager at Old Trafford is just the spanner in the works the ABU brigade have been waiting for! Meanwhile in N7 Top of the EPL and a good start at Marseille is a nice start :)

Parabolica
24th September 2013, 20:38
I am no United fan, but United fans need to remember that Ferguson wasn't an overnight success.

If Gary Crosby hadn't have been half an inch offside at the City Ground in January 1990, he wouldn't have been a success at all.

Of course, he hadn't inherited a title-winning team like Moyes, but clearly there are quite a few United fans who are, so to speak, glory hunters with no sense of their own clubs history.

Brown, Jon Brow
24th September 2013, 22:34
I'm always willing to give a manager time but Moyes certainly hasn't inspired any great confidence in him yet.

He dithered around in the transfer market and ended up paying a ridiculous amount of money for a reasonable player.
Only 2 acceptable performances from 7 games.
Insisting on playing Ashley Young when Nani, Kagawa and Zaha are available.

On what I've seen so far United are going to have a real scrap to finish in the top 4. If we don't manage that then our business model could be royally screwed.

Mintexmemory
24th September 2013, 22:55
On what I've seen so far United are going to have a real scrap to finish in the top 4. If we don't manage that then our business model could be royally screwed.

Welcome to Gooner world!!

Brown, Jon Brow
24th September 2013, 23:06
Are Arsenals finances that dependant on Champions League money? I do worry about Uniteds debt if we fail to get into the Champions League. It is manageable at the minute considering we have a revenue of around £300m each year.

Arsenal may be real contenders this year. They have a class midfield. Whilshere, Ramsay, Walcott, Carzola, Ozil.......

steveaki13
24th September 2013, 23:26
Maybe Manchester United fans need to accept they have won so many throphys that maybe now its time they have a few baron years.

Most football clubs go through it, so just enjoy the ride and don't worry if you don't win so much. Just support the club.

I support my local Confro South club Chelmsford City who after 5 years in the play offs are 19th with a poor side, but hey that's football.

steveaki13
24th September 2013, 23:27
Also keep a eye on Messi and Barca for fun.

Did anyone see their game today. They were brilliant in the first half and over the 80 minutes he had Messi scored 1, assisted 1, but could have scored about 5. What was with that finishing.

Storm
25th September 2013, 09:37
How the hell did I miss this game...just slipped my mind (which is unbelievable when it comes to football)
Missed Neymar's first goal (he does need to get more selfish - though right now he is 'impress Messi' mode) and the fact that Tata subbed Messi again this season.
Leo won't like it, but if he has to be stopped from getting injuhe and screwing up the season come the QF/SF of CL and the final run-in, he must be kept fresh(er)
He also plays all Argentina games (even now that they have qualified!). Tata has more guts than Tito for sure (+ being a countryman and almost handpicked as a coach might help)

pino
25th September 2013, 09:48
I have watched Barca for the very last time. I get bored as they are just too strong for the Liga...

steveaki13
25th September 2013, 20:16
Get what your saying Pino.

I have to admit to being a Messi fanboy really. I just love watching the guy play.

Parabolica
25th September 2013, 21:15
You can say whatever you like about Messi.

But he's no Carlton Palmer.