PDA

View Full Version : I will probably be banned for this but... Footie Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Brown, Jon Brow
6th March 2013, 20:21
Was he in danger of injuring his opponent? He very clearly was.

So is the goalkeeper every time they reach to punch the ball in a crowded box. But do you seriously think Nani used 'excessive force' which is what warrants a red card according to the rules of the game?

Actually, to add some thoughts on football being a contact sport - one of the reasons why I want video replays in football is so that anyone caught faking or diving should at once be given a red-card and an automatic 3 game ban. This is just absurd seeing grown men act as if they are close to dying and then run around like nothing was wrong 10 seconds later.

I absolutely agree. Because the refs are prone to human errors, as with the Nani incident, players are motivated to dive if they know they can trick the ref into giving a red card (not suggesting for a minute that Arbaloa dived). I know it's disgusting but can you blame the players for diving when there is currently no deterrent to stop them?

Garry Walker
6th March 2013, 20:27
So is the goalkeeper every time they reach to punch the ball in a crowded box. But do you seriously think Nani used 'excessive force' which is what warrants a red card according to the rules of the game? Did you see how high his leg was and with what force it came? That was very dangerous, a clear red.

I absolutely agree. Because the refs are prone to human errors, as with the Nani incident
too funny.

I know it's disgusting but can you blame the players for diving when there is currently no deterrent to stop them?
You can get cards for diving, the problem is that it is difficult for refs to police it, they have to have a very good view of it. Video replays would fix that at once.

steveaki13
6th March 2013, 20:50
In that incident yesterday the Ref was following guidance given by the Ref association. That regardless of intent a reckless high foot is a Red Card.

Now I am not sure that I 100% agree that should be the case. However the Ref did his job, so there is no reason to moan at him.

As for diving I agree with you that divers should be dealt with after the game via video technology. I also think Nani has himself to blame in many ways. He stayed on the ground faining injury for about 3 minutes even though Arbeloa was hurt more. That time on the ground would have made the Referee think about the decision and assume he was acting to avoid the card.

Rollo
6th March 2013, 23:05
It's just unbelievable that at this level a match can be decided in this manner by such a stupid referee.... At this point we are supposed to have the top 16 teams fighting for the trophy... So is this imbecile a top 8 referee of the freakin' continent?

As has been linked, FIFA's interpretation document sets out how Law 12 is to be interpreted.

Studs up, into the chest of an opponent. Careless? Certainly. Reckless? Maybe. Using excessive force? Well, going in with the studs of your boots aimed directly at the chest of an opponent doesn't help your cause.
I've seen players been given red cards for less than this in the past.

As for diving I agree with you that divers should be dealt with after the game via video technology. I also think Nani has himself to blame in many ways. He stayed on the ground faining injury for about 3 minutes even though Arbeloa was hurt more. That time on the ground would have made the Referee think about the decision and assume he was acting to avoid the card.

Roy Keane agrees with you:

Heated studio discussion: ITV pundit Roy Keane says Nani deserved his red card against Real Madrid | UEFA Champions League - ITV Sport (http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2013-03-05/heated-studio-discussion-itv-pundit-roy-keane-says-nani-deserved-his-red-card-against-real-madrid/)
"It doesn't matter if he knows there's somebody there or not, it's irrelevant. I don't think the referee actually made the decision because he waited a couple of minutes while the player was getting treatment.
I think it might have been the assistant that made the decision, and I actually think he's made the right call.
We always say referees are very quick to make decisions - he waited a couple of minutes."
- Roy Keane, on ITV.

I personally think that the referee responded correctly. The only people who are kicking up a stink are Man United fans which is understandable because no-one likes to be on the end of a decision like this... even if the referee is right.

steveaki13
6th March 2013, 23:23
As has been linked, FIFA's interpretation document sets out how Law 12 is to be interpreted.

Studs up, into the chest of an opponent. Careless? Certainly. Reckless? Maybe. Using excessive force? Well, going in with the studs of your boots aimed directly at the chest of an opponent doesn't help your cause.
I've seen players been given red cards for less than this in the past.

Roy Keane agrees with you:

Heated studio discussion: ITV pundit Roy Keane says Nani deserved his red card against Real Madrid | UEFA Champions League - ITV Sport (http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2013-03-05/heated-studio-discussion-itv-pundit-roy-keane-says-nani-deserved-his-red-card-against-real-madrid/)
"It doesn't matter if he knows there's somebody there or not, it's irrelevant. I don't think the referee actually made the decision because he waited a couple of minutes while the player was getting treatment.
I think it might have been the assistant that made the decision, and I actually think he's made the right call.
We always say referees are very quick to make decisions - he waited a couple of minutes."
- Roy Keane, on ITV.

I personally think that the referee responded correctly. The only people who are kicking up a stink are Man United fans which is understandable because no-one likes to be on the end of a decision like this... even if the referee is right.

I am not a Man U fan per say, but I am english and thus support any english club in the champions league. I heard some Man U fans on the radio moaning.

I dont have any bitterness against anyone, unlike I find most football fans so hopefully have a common sens view to these issues.

While I am not 100% sure it should have been a red card, I understand why it was and think the Ref was doing his job.

Big Ben
7th March 2013, 07:39
Stop pushing Garry guys. He'll soon claim Nani should have been shot on the spot and the bill for the bullet sent to the family

Big Ben
7th March 2013, 07:49
It's was obviously a red card... that's why no one expected it. :rolleyes: .

Roy Keane's opinion is gold to me. I know it for a fact he's not a bitter ex-employee of Man Utd.

pino
7th March 2013, 09:55
Juve 5 Celtic 0 :D

gadjo_dilo
7th March 2013, 11:02
Tonight is the big night: Steaua vs. Chelsea

Or Mission Impossible starring Chiriches, Latovlevici and Rusescu. :laugh:

EuroTroll
7th March 2013, 11:04
Or Mission Impossible starring Chiriches, Latovlevici and Rusescu. :laugh:

Who, who and who? :p

Tonight is the big night: Steaua vs. Chelsea

Who vs. Chelsea? :p

gadjo_dilo
7th March 2013, 11:07

Shut up Trolly because I'm already a package of nerves.
If you don't know about Steaua you're not entitled to talk about this sport. :vampire:

EuroTroll
7th March 2013, 11:12
If you don't know about Steaua you're not entitled to talk about this sport. :vampire:

I do actually know about Steaua. ;) :cheese:

gadjo_dilo
7th March 2013, 18:38
min 33 goool Rusescu.... !!!!

donKey jote
7th March 2013, 19:17
who? :p

gadjo_dilo
7th March 2013, 19:34
shut up ! I'm(still) happy !!

gadjo_dilo
7th March 2013, 19:50
Steaua-Chelsea 1-0 !!!!Time for drinks now....

donKey jote
7th March 2013, 19:51
Chelsea who? :p

gadjo_dilo
7th March 2013, 19:58
we were the best team by far...
sunt fericit si ma simt bine..

Tazio
7th March 2013, 20:02
Happy for Gadji :)

Knock-on
7th March 2013, 20:04
Shut up you lot, the main event has just kicked off :p

pino
7th March 2013, 20:11
Well done Steaua :up: now Tottenham vs Inter !

pino
7th March 2013, 20:12
Bale 1-0 already :s

Knock-on
7th March 2013, 20:13
1-0 already and nearly a 2nd from Defoe.

As the commentator said; "I wonder who scored"!!

donKey jote
7th March 2013, 21:13
3-0... I reckon it's a fix :devil: :andrea:

Brown, Jon Brow
7th March 2013, 21:19
Tottenham are playing fantastic football at the moment. Bale is on the way to becoming one of the best players in Europe.

pino
7th March 2013, 21:30
Crappy Inter tonight :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
7th March 2013, 21:36
Crappy Inter tonight :p :

Inter have given a guide on how not to defend. But Bale, Defoe, Lennon etc have so much pace, Inter look scared.

Rollo
7th March 2013, 21:37

Stevia vs. Chelsea.

Stevia is a natural sweetner used in Pepsi Next amongst other things.

http://www2.woolworthsonline.com.au/Content/ProductImages/big/732506.JPG

Storm
10th March 2013, 07:40
I do actually know about Steaua. ;)
Our local Marathi newspaper absolutely murdered the word Steaua and even the name Bucharest :eek: I hate when that happens.

On a better note, last night Barca played a decent game (quality wise o.k, more important for confidence, but Pinto did not make a single save) vs Depor, class goal at the end by Messi though :up:

race aficionado
10th March 2013, 16:51
Messi.

17 consecutive Liga games where he has scored and counting ......

steveaki13
10th March 2013, 19:37
Messi.

17 consecutive Liga games where he has scored and counting ......

Amazing.

40 League Goals already with 11 Games to go.

51 Barcelona Goals this season.

3rd season in a row he has over 50 club goals.

56 Goals for Club and Country in Mid March.

Storm
11th March 2013, 06:06
All that matters is a couple more of those against Milan in 2 days else these are just numbers :(

gadjo_dilo
11th March 2013, 11:05
Our local Marathi newspaper absolutely murdered the word Steaua and even the name Bucharest :eek: I hate when that happens.

I don't mind except for when Bucharest is confused with Budapest.

Chelsea had a comeback in the match against Man Utd.
Scary!

pino
12th March 2013, 16:41
Forza Milan !!! :D

donKey jote
12th March 2013, 17:20
Forza BungaBunga !!! http://www.pic4ever.com/images/Bananeyessss.gif

donKey jote
12th March 2013, 19:49
MEssiiiiiiiii :D

2 to go http://www.pic4ever.com/images/Bananeyessss.gif

donKey jote
12th March 2013, 19:56
ooooooh almost !!!

donKey jote
12th March 2013, 20:00
ayayaayyyyy the ball saunters in front of milan's goal again :crazy:

donKey jote
12th March 2013, 20:22
bejaysus mascherano :eek:
that could have left an even bigger mountain to climb :crazy:

donKey jote
12th March 2013, 20:23
Messsiiiiiii http://www.pic4ever.com/images/Bananeyessss.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/Bananeyessss.gif

race aficionado
12th March 2013, 20:24
Goooooooooooooooollllllll messiiiiiiiii!!!!!!
Yahoooooooooo!!!!

pino
12th March 2013, 20:25
Looks like Barca is just too strong tonight...

donKey jote
12th March 2013, 20:31
Catenaccio could still score though... how they missed that chance I do not know :crazy:

steveaki13
12th March 2013, 20:33
I am still nervous. I would be happier if Barca got 4. As that defense scares me.

Big Ben
12th March 2013, 20:40
it seems barça finally realized they can score from outside the box too

donKey jote
12th March 2013, 20:55
VIlla MaraVILLAAAAAAA http://www.pic4ever.com/images/Bananeyessss.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/Bananeyessss.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/Bananeyessss.gif

pino
12th March 2013, 20:55
Goodnight !

donKey jote
12th March 2013, 21:00
not yet pino, a goal would still get bunga through :s

donKey jote
12th March 2013, 21:10
I don't like it... Barça seem to have gone into speculation mode :s

race aficionado
12th March 2013, 21:15
Well, lets see if some Chilean blood adds some gusto to this battle.

donKey jote
12th March 2013, 21:15
Bojan with the wrong shirt :p

donKey jote
12th March 2013, 21:17
uhoh... is it safe for gramps ? :eek: :arrows: :andrea:

donKey jote
12th March 2013, 21:31
phew http://www.pic4ever.com/images/Bananeyessss.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/Bananeyessss.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/Bananeyessss.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/Bananeyessss.gif

race aficionado
12th March 2013, 21:32
Gol gol goooooooooooooolllllll!!!!!!!!

A FONDO
12th March 2013, 21:51
This is a BIG team now.

odykas
13th March 2013, 09:34
http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/bananas/banana8.gif http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/bananas/banana8.gif http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/bananas/banana8.gif http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/bananas/banana8.gif

pino
13th March 2013, 10:56
So stupid ody, you need a great Barca win to see you around here again ??? :p : Welcome back :wave:

race aficionado
13th March 2013, 11:02
It continues to be a sweet sensation the day after ...... :)

pino
13th March 2013, 11:27
That's until Friday when Barca will find out Juve will be next side to play ;)

donKey jote
13th March 2013, 12:49
Who ve ? :bandit:

odykas
13th March 2013, 13:18
So stupid ody, you need a great Barca win to see you around here again ??? :p : Welcome back :wave:

Barca can raise you from the dead http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/images/graemlins/pope.gif

donKey jote
13th March 2013, 21:47
Crap... only 3 of 4 Liga teams got through to quarters :dozey: :andrea:

Storm
14th March 2013, 06:13
stupid Valencia ;)

No British teams (suddenly the British press are calling it British since they thought Celtic would have a chance before this round, normally its all about English teams) in the quarters.

What a fantastic match that was (referring to the 4-0). I did not have many hopes on current form but always harboured a secret hope of something like this. Would have liked to see the 4th goal come way before it actually did. The defending in the last 10 mins was horrendous. Pique is a liability as is Mascherano these days! perhaps sleepless nights is the cause of that?
Barça MUST buy a central defender in the summer. Actually someone who can defend and is good in the air. Not just with the ball at his feet. No more signings like Song (redundant). Villa needs to stay and play as the 9 in games like these where that just frees up space for Messi behind him as he did tie up the centre halfs nicely.

oh and a Juve v Barça game would be fun. On the forum as well :p :
A lot of possibly great matchups though...Bayern (though not last night) and Dortmund both look good.

Big Ben
14th March 2013, 07:52
I really hate this away goal gimmick... it just makes no sense.

gadjo_dilo
14th March 2013, 13:54
Steluţa will play again against Chelsea tonight.
I have a feeling that this time we'll end up kinda wrinkled. ;(

Storm
14th March 2013, 13:58
Barca can raise you from the dead http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/images/graemlins/pope.gif

And Olympiacos winning their 40th title ? :eek:

forza pana

Brown, Jon Brow
14th March 2013, 20:25
What on earth are Tottenham doing?

pino
14th March 2013, 20:40
Tottenham very lucky to go through on away goal rule...

pino
14th March 2013, 20:53
Chelsea 1 - Steaua 1 after 1st half time :eek:

steveaki13
14th March 2013, 21:03
Strange goings on tonight.

Inter thrashing Tottenham and still goingout.

Now Chelsea on verge of an unlikely exit

pino
14th March 2013, 21:46
Chelsea 3 Steaua 1 and penalty for the Blues...

pino
14th March 2013, 21:48
Crappy Torres sends ball out ! :p :

gadjo_dilo
15th March 2013, 07:08
We're out as usual.
See you next season in Champions League. :laugh:

EuroTroll
15th March 2013, 07:30
We're out as usual.
See you next season in Champions League. :laugh:

At least you put up a good fight. ;)

pino
15th March 2013, 11:32
1/4 finals matches :

Bayern - Juventus
Malaga - Dortmund
Real M - Galatasaray
PSG - Barca

odykas
15th March 2013, 11:49
Forza Juventus, Barca and Galata :p :

pino
15th March 2013, 11:55
I am with you on this ody ;)

Garry Walker
15th March 2013, 15:48
Awesome match by Barca against Milan, really putting things in order. Nice offensive football, as it should be played.

Barca vs PSG and Bayern vs Juve are pretty good pairs for QF

donKey jote
15th March 2013, 17:11
Forza Juventus, Barca and Galata :p :

and Malaka :p

steveaki13
15th March 2013, 21:04
Forza Barca. No one else matters now.

Barca can now show Ibra whos boss.

I think Barca will beat PSG, Juva will sneak past Bayern, Real will smash Galatasary and Dortmund will beat Malaga.

race aficionado
15th March 2013, 21:37
Dortmund is the real thing, me thinks.

That will be fun to see them against Barca, Mou's team or Bayern.

steveaki13
17th March 2013, 23:19
Hmmm. Another Barca win.

Messi 2 more goals and assist for Villa.

It gets a bit boring but:

18 consecutive league Games scored in.

42 League Goals in 28 Games.

55 Goals for Barca this season.

60 Goals thus far for Club and Country.

*This day last year Messi had 55 for Barca and 60 Argentina so its a heat. Although he has 1 less game in the league played this season.

race aficionado
18th March 2013, 01:24
It was a fun game.
Rayo came to play and were great in the first half.

Messi and Co. we're just too good.

Messi has been amazing these last games (after that terrible week vs. Mou's team)

He is brilliant distributing, attacking and boy, such a great defender.

Storm
18th March 2013, 08:00
Star Sports started a new channel this week so La Liga is now Star Sports 2 :\ and my dish tv hasn't yet added this channel
Probably the first game this season which I missed.

donKey jote
18th March 2013, 18:24
I forgot it was on and went to bed early :dozey: :arrows:

race aficionado
18th March 2013, 19:02
I forgot it was on and went to bed early :dozey: :arrows:

Proof again that you are indeed a Donks!

odykas
20th March 2013, 15:57
and Malaka :p

Mou? :mark: :p :

gadjo_dilo
22nd March 2013, 21:25
Hungary - Romania 2-2. We were lead until last minute. What a shame...
Now I'm going out to kill somebody.

steveaki13
22nd March 2013, 22:18
Hungary - Romania 2-2. We were lead until last minute. What a shame...
Now I'm going out to kill somebody.

Your still in with a good chance of a play off, just a shame it was such a late goal.

I dont think Romania are that great so I hope you can get that play off place. Good Luck.

As for us we had a nice easy day 0-8 v San Marino. should have been 0-10 but never mind now a tough match away to Montenegro.

pino
26th March 2013, 16:41
World Cup Q tonight, with a couple interesting matches :

France vs Spain
Montenegro vs England
Netherlands vs Romania
Malta vs Italy :p :

gadjo_dilo
26th March 2013, 17:56
World Cup Q tonight, with a couple interesting matches :

Netherlands vs Romania

Nothing interesting about this one.
It's like 'Chronicle of a death foretold' whose heroes are Mutu&co. :laugh:

race aficionado
26th March 2013, 18:39
Cool! A Garcia Marquez quote. :)

I'll be watching with interest as I slowly die with a couple of more decades left for it to be foretold completely.

gadjo_dilo
26th March 2013, 18:54
Don't fool us. I bet you prefer McDonald's to Macondo. :devil:

donKey jote
26th March 2013, 19:04
100 years of solitude !

gadjo_dilo
26th March 2013, 19:13
Yeah...It's my age, remember?
:laugh:

race aficionado
26th March 2013, 20:37
Watching Spain vs France.

I'm trying to quote another Garcia Marquez book but I guess
"Memories of My Melancholy Whores" does not fit well here......

Vamos España!

gadjo_dilo
26th March 2013, 21:13
Watching Spain vs France.

I'm trying to quote another Garcia Marquez book but I guess
"Memories of My Melancholy Whores" does not fit well here......

Vamos España!

But there are some other good titles from Latin America to describe this match.. What about Llosa's 'La guerra del fin del mundo'?

:devil:

race aficionado
26th March 2013, 21:17
Tout est bien! Merci españa!
Merci Pedro!

gadjo_dilo
26th March 2013, 21:27
Nightmare finished:
Netherlands -Romania 4-0

Now I need a drink....

Knock-on
27th March 2013, 14:26
England 1 - 1 Montenegro

Really poor performance from England again. They were OK in the first half but only because Montenegro didn't turn up. When the 2nd half started, Montenegro started pushing and England were like a wet blanket. Pity it was a draw as England deserved to lose that match.

My mate has promised that if England get to a major final under Hodgson, he will stand in the centre of town, butt naked, until he's arrested. I don't think he need worry.

gadjo_dilo
27th March 2013, 15:37
My mate has promised that if England get to a major final under Hodgson, he will stand in the centre of town, butt naked, until he's arrested. I don't think he need worry.
To add some fun you should bet with him. Like Tony Hawks in Playing the moldovans at tennis. :laugh:

youtube.com/watch?v=9myu-iqhWYE

Rollo
2nd April 2013, 00:41
Demba British Airways (to call him by his full name) slotted one past De Gea to deny Manchester United <spit> another double.
I think that means that Milwall and Wigan are one semi and Chelsea and Man City are the other.

British Airways' (to call him by his full name) volley was one of the better goals I've seen lately, most of these FA Cup fixtures have been pretty dour of late.

Tazio
2nd April 2013, 01:00
I guess it is time to start putting my World Cup goggles on.

To add some fun you should bet with him. Like Tony Hawks in Playing the moldovans at tennis. :laugh:

Playing The Moldovans At Tennis - Trailer - YouTube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=9myu-iqhWYE)

Tony grew up three doors down from the house I grew up in in S.D.
His brother Steve who was a close friend is an editor for Surfer Magazine. I kind of lost track of him when he went off to UCSB. His sister Pat who was extremely hot, and sang in bands that played at local dances in the late 60’s and early 70’s, handles Tony’s finances.

Tazio
2nd April 2013, 07:06
I guess it is time to start putting my World Cup goggles on.

Tony grew up three doors down from the house I grew up in in S.D.
His brother Steve who was a close friend is an editor for Surfer Magazine. I kind of lost track of him when he went off to UCSB. His sister Pat who was extremely hot, and sang in bands that played at local dances in the late 60’s and early 70’s, handles Tony’s finances.Whoops wrong Tony
Tony Hawk: Life and Career of a Skateboarding Legend - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4uHLgwkky8)

gadjo_dilo
2nd April 2013, 07:14
I was about to say it but pressed the wrong button. :laugh:
Anyway, the book is bloody hillarious and I still laugh like a fool when remembering the passages. It's a shame it's not translated and we can't find it in Romania.

pino
2nd April 2013, 10:00
CL tonight :

PSG vs Barca but most important Bayer M. vs Juventus...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/02/8ajyjage.jpg

Anyone supports Juve tonight ? :p :

Mintexmemory
2nd April 2013, 10:06
CL tonight :

PSG vs Barca but most important Bayer M. vs Juventus...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/02/8ajyjage.jpg

Aye Caramba!!!

Actually I think Juve will win this one as Bavaria Utd are no great team and were flattered by an Arsenal side in psychological stasis. The second leg was a much more accurate picture of their abilities.

gadjo_dilo
2nd April 2013, 10:11

I'll do it just for your sake. :laugh:

odykas
2nd April 2013, 10:12
Forza Juve! :s mokin:

pino
2nd April 2013, 10:27
Thanks for the support guys and girls, btw Mintex, you are aware that Bayern lead the German league by 20 points ? Won't be easy for my beloved Juve...

Mintexmemory
2nd April 2013, 10:38
As a supporter of the first English club to beat the Old Lady in Turin I have always had affection for the Barcodes - especially the year they beat Ronaldo's Inter ;)

Yes BM are 20 points clear but as most teams are forbidden by Bavarian law from attempting to win in the Allianz Arena they have become too used to easy wins (although 9 goals against Hamburg is stretching 'Uberrollen und speilt tot' to extremes!)

odykas
2nd April 2013, 10:45
Thanks to the crappy Greek pay(gay) tv, I have to watch the matches online :evil:

Rollo
2nd April 2013, 10:52
As a supporter of the first English club to beat the Old Lady in Turin I have always had affection for the Barcodes

STAY ALERT:
The first English club to beat the Old Lady in Turin was West Auckland Town F.C. who beat Juve in the Sir Thomas Lipton Trophy Final 6-1 in Turin on April 17, 1911.

Sir Thomas Lipton Trophy (Torino) (http://www.rsssf.com/tablesl/lipton-trophy.html)
Sir Thomas Lipton Trophy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Thomas_Lipton_Trophy)

gadjo_dilo
2nd April 2013, 10:52
And thanks to all crappy teams being out tonight I'll finally watch a decent match. :laugh:

pino
2nd April 2013, 10:53
Same here ody, stupid danish Tv are showing PSG vs Barca :mad:

Mintexmemory
2nd April 2013, 10:58
STAY ALERT:
The first English club to beat the Old Lady in Turin was West Auckland Town F.C. who beat Juve in the Sir Thomas Lipton Trophy Final 6-1 in Turin on April 17, 1911.

Sir Thomas Lipton Trophy (Torino) (http://www.rsssf.com/tablesl/lipton-trophy.html)
Sir Thomas Lipton Trophy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Thomas_Lipton_Trophy)

Apparently invited by mistake - the WA that should have been invited were Woolwich Arsenal! Ok the first real 'European Competition' win as the TL trophy was billed as a 'world cup'

donKey jote
2nd April 2013, 18:19
Same here ody, stupid danish Tv are showing PSG vs Barca :mad:

t'internet is your friend ;) :andrea:

Go Juve :D
(anybody but Bayern :p )

Tazio
2nd April 2013, 18:59
t'internet is your friend ;) :andrea:
True you can watch almost any match on http://www.pmmeifyouneedalink.com
Although resolution leaves a little to be desired.

pino
2nd April 2013, 19:39
Forza Juveeee ! :D

odykas
2nd April 2013, 19:44
Watching on Italian Sky :D

gadjo_dilo
2nd April 2013, 19:46
Min.1. Already 1-0........

pino
2nd April 2013, 19:52
Vidal, own goal :s

A FONDO
2nd April 2013, 20:06
I missed it :mad:

And still terrific luck saves the MILF :p : from more goals. Without the Serie A referees she is pathetic.

Tazio
2nd April 2013, 20:08
very close to 2-0 :eek:
On Fox Sports West here

odykas
2nd April 2013, 20:10
Juve and Barca have to wake up!

odykas
2nd April 2013, 20:22
Messi scores! :D

gadjo_dilo
2nd April 2013, 20:30
Messi scores! :D
So boring predictible.... :devil:

pino
2nd April 2013, 20:46
Chiellini not 100% fit so its better to replace him with Asamoha.

odykas
2nd April 2013, 21:05
I hate Bayern :evil:

Tazio
2nd April 2013, 21:07
Oh snap that was too easy. Lazy defense Pino

pino
2nd April 2013, 21:09
Juve not a their best tonight :(

odykas
2nd April 2013, 21:13
Just realised that Beckham is playing for PSG :laugh:

I think they need good players, not useless marketeers :laugh:

pino
2nd April 2013, 21:33
Xavi 1-2 Barca

pino
2nd April 2013, 21:43
PSG-Barca 2-2
Bayern-Juve 2-0

Garry Walker
2nd April 2013, 22:07
Seriously, how much male genitalia do those people who complain about Barca getting the calls all the time have in their mouths right now? One was so clear an off-side that an Obama voter would see it and I actually need to check if the 2nd wasn't off-side as well. Complete joke of referee once again and Barca gets screwed once again.

Storm
3rd April 2013, 08:14
Clear offside indeed. And apparently Stark loves Barca (so says the great one as usual)

Nevertheless 2 away goals ain't bad but Messi is out for the 2nd leg. I hope Tello starts that rather than Alexis who missed 2 clear goal scoring opportunities.
I wanted to see the other game as well but couldn't apart from the highlights....silly Buffon. Did he forget that the game had started?

odykas
3rd April 2013, 08:22
The PSG - Barca ref must check his glasses :evil:

pino
3rd April 2013, 09:06
Storm, 1st Bayern goal was clearly an own goal by Vidal so why blame Buffon. Anyway Bayern deserved the win but Conte chose a wrong line-up. Chiellini after a long injury was not ready to play such a game and Giaccherini should have start the 2nd half, not to mention that Matri was invisible in the whole match :(

It will be difficult to turn out this result in the return match in Turin but Juve will try it to the end...

Big Ben
3rd April 2013, 09:44
Because he was way too slow. If anything Vidal deflected the ball in his direction but somehow he still didn't manage to get to it.

pino
3rd April 2013, 10:35
He was slow because he had moved to the right where the ball was directed, before Vidal touch changed direction...

Big Ben
3rd April 2013, 12:49
I didn't so that ball going to the right. After seeing it again I can't even say he was too slow, he just jumped to early. had he made one more step... whatever

odykas
3rd April 2013, 19:33
Go Galata :D

odykas
3rd April 2013, 19:53
Balls :mad:

Garry Walker
3rd April 2013, 22:10
Another great referee in the real-Gala game. Complete joke.

Big Ben
8th April 2013, 21:56
Great match at old trafford... It reminded me of another great derby played recently... fc bihor - danila maciuca

gadjo_dilo
9th April 2013, 06:45
It reminded me of another great derby played recently... fc bihor - danila maciuca

I missed it. Who won? :confused:

pino
9th April 2013, 07:21
City won 2-1 :p :

Big Ben
9th April 2013, 07:26
I missed it. Who won? :confused:

absolutely nobody

odykas
9th April 2013, 14:14
I hope Real ate too many kebabs :z :crazy: :p

gadjo_dilo
9th April 2013, 21:39
Germans will be germans.....
Borussia Dortmund -Malaga 3-2.
After 1-2 in min.90, 3-2 in min 90+3 :crazy:

Big Ben
9th April 2013, 22:03
It was a very good first half at dortmund with 2 great goals. However the second was pretty crappy. First the away goal gimmick (boy how I hate it) started kicking in and Malaga went in conservation mode knowing Dortmund had to pay more to get through to the semis.... and then the referee put on his own show allowing 2 offside goals

donKey jote
9th April 2013, 22:30
balls :dozey:
on both counts :p

race aficionado
10th April 2013, 12:04
It sucks to be Malaga.
My dvr recorder stopped 2 minutes before the end of the game so when I thought it ended with a Malaga win I read the news and find out the impossible.
Wow......

Big Ben
10th April 2013, 12:16
It sucks to be Malaga.
My dvr recorder stopped 2 minutes before the end of the game so when I thought it ended with a Malaga win I read the news and find out the impossible.
Wow......

:laugh: ... it would have been even better to find out when they draw the semis :laugh:

donKey jote
10th April 2013, 21:48
phew :dozey:

pino
11th April 2013, 06:52
Too strong this Bayern for my beloved Juve :blackeye: so 2 Germans and 2 Spanish sides into semi...

:s nore: :p :

odykas
11th April 2013, 08:49
Juve really miss players like:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-574T9p37UMU/Tsr0ZQxgD5I/AAAAAAAAALs/pcyLuLENGu0/s1600/alessandro-del-piero-juventus-omega.jpg

:( :( :(

pino
11th April 2013, 09:59
ody for once I agree with you ;)

Rollo
11th April 2013, 13:31
Juve really miss players like:

:( :( :(

We get to see him every week in Sydney:

http://cdn.blogosfere.it/calciomalato/images/154861118.jpg

Del Piero, Del Piero, la lei la lei la lei. Del Piero, Del Piero, la lei la lei la lei. :D

odykas
12th April 2013, 11:31
Dear Barca,

Please kick that stupid Bayern.

Thank You.

Mintexmemory
12th April 2013, 11:39
Dear Barca,

Please kick that stupid Bayern.

Thank You.

Hot balls again!!!

All-German final then!!

gadjo_dilo
12th April 2013, 11:51
All-German final then!!

Nah...
It will be a Bayern - Real one. :devil:

Mintexmemory
12th April 2013, 11:56
Nah...
It will be a Bayern - Real one. :devil:

I don't care which combination makes it to the final - Tottenham in melt-down is all I was hoping for and the football gods have delivered :)

steveaki13
12th April 2013, 20:57
Its clear for once Barca will be underdogs against Bayern.

They need a stronger defense next season, but if Abidal gets fitter and Pique is there, then that might be stronger.

Of course they also need Messi back to 100% health. If he is back on top form and the defense is stronger then they can still beat Bayern, but it looks unlikely.

If you have Messi though.

donKey jote
12th April 2013, 21:01
The Germans I work with see Bayern as underdogs over two games, are scared ****less of Messi, and would have preferred Real :p

I would have preferred Dortmund though :)

steveaki13
12th April 2013, 21:30
The Germans I work with see Bayern as underdogs over two games, are scared ****less of Messi, and would have preferred Real :p

I would have preferred Dortmund though :)

Who wouldn't be scared of Leo. He changed the whole game against PSG despite being only 50% fit.

You saw him on the bench and as soon as PSG scored he was sorting his boots out with a look in his eyes like "Right then even Injured I have got to go and dig my teammates out of a whole"

As for Dortmund so would I and then play Bayern in the final.

Rollo
22nd April 2013, 00:42
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIaZcaKCUAAh1zR.jpg

From Espn:
MAN OF THE MATCH
Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool) - It would have been Suarez had he not bitten someone, so Sturridge takes the honours for the big impact he made after coming on at the break.

Luis Suarez is a childish biter... and a racist... and a diver... and a cheater... and a disgrace to the Liverpool 7 kit.

Big Ben
22nd April 2013, 13:22
despicable character that one

odykas
23rd April 2013, 10:51
Vamos Leo + team ! :champion:

Luckily Mascherano is out.

odykas
23rd April 2013, 13:20
German Soccer Hero Faces Prison Amid Record Run and Scandal

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/23/world/europe/bayern-president-faces-prison-in-tax-evasion-case.html?pagewanted=all

Bayern president accused of scandals. Clean stuff :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd April 2013, 17:39
So Manchester United #20 wins them title #20 :D

pGRpLiJtIcg

Why could he do that against Real in the Champions League??

megadrive
23rd April 2013, 18:56
kidding? Real is not Aston Villa

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd April 2013, 19:51
kidding? Real is not Aston Villa

Did you see the chances he missed against Real?

Bayern v Barca now. Some great players on both sides. I'm German for the night.

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd April 2013, 19:58
When did Pique become a hard man?

odykas
23rd April 2013, 20:02
^ aerodynamics :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd April 2013, 20:09
Muller scores!!!!!

race aficionado
23rd April 2013, 20:09
Dang! Those tall Bayern players!!!!

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd April 2013, 20:15
Dang! Those tall Bayern players!!!!

(average height)

Bayern should have had two penalties already.

gadjo_dilo
23rd April 2013, 20:19
(average height)

Bayern should have had two penalties already.

The hungarian referee is sleeping....

race aficionado
23rd April 2013, 20:35
Yeah, and some one wake up Donks!

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd April 2013, 20:52
The Barcelona fans are very quiet tonight.

gadjo_dilo
23rd April 2013, 20:56

They`re waiting for Messi to wake up..........

pino
23rd April 2013, 21:11
Last time Barca played this bad they were defeated by Milan 2-0.

race aficionado
23rd April 2013, 21:12
That pretty much sucks...... :(

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd April 2013, 21:14
Well a blatant foul in the build up to that goal. Still, 3-0!!!

pino
23rd April 2013, 21:15
Crap referee :down:

Garry Walker
23rd April 2013, 21:17

At least we are not inbred like ManU and real Madrid fans.

Who is this utter retard referee? This obvious idiot is one of the worst refs (I include his side-kicks here) I have ever seen. He misses two hands in penalty area, an obvious off-side for a goal, an obvious fault from Müller when Robbed scored. Where do they find those drunken idiot refs?

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd April 2013, 21:21
At least we are not inbred like ManU and real Madrid fans.

Who is this utter retard referee? This obvious idiot is one of the worst refs (I include his side-kicks here) I have ever seen. He misses two hands in penalty area, an obvious off-side for a goal, an obvious fault from Müller when Robbed scored. Where do they find those drunken idiot refs?

4-0!!! Barcelona are being outclassed!

Garry Walker
23rd April 2013, 21:22
Well, if I was Tito, I would throw chairs at the players tonight and fine them 2 months wages for this disgraceful performance.
I would of course also go back in time to recommend abortion to the mother of this referee.

gadjo_dilo
23rd April 2013, 21:24
Don`t want to be mean but I`m happy to see that a team that seemed invincible may lose like this.

Garry Walker
23rd April 2013, 21:30
The expected thing is that Bayern will get to final now (obvious), but they will completely suck as usual in the final and lose to that inbred Real Madrid.

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd April 2013, 21:35
The expected thing is that Bayern will get to final now (obvious), but they will completely suck as usual in the final and lose to that inbred Real Madrid.

I think a Dortmund v Bayern final would be great. Dortmund would be seeking revenge for losing the league.

pino
23rd April 2013, 21:36
...but they will completely suck as usual in the final and lose to that inbred Real Madrid.

...and that would be the worst scenario for me :blackeye:

donKey jote
23rd April 2013, 21:37
bejaysus Barca got slaughtered (without defence and only half a Messi) :(

The worst isn't the crap I'll have to put up with at work tomorrow though, but rather that I'm almost going to have to root for Real against the other German team :dozey:

Garry Walker
23rd April 2013, 21:41
I think a Dortmund v Bayern final would be great. Dortmund would be seeking revenge for losing the league.

I couldn't care less what final it will be, as long as it won't end with Real winning it.

...and that would be the worst scenario for me :blackeye:

Absolutely. I hate Real Madrid.

But I like Bayern, so I wouldn't really mind them winning.

donKey jote
23rd April 2013, 21:48
I hate Real and I hate Bayern, so that only leaves Dortmund I guess :dozey:

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd April 2013, 21:50
I love all football teams :)

gadjo_dilo
23rd April 2013, 21:56
I hate Real but I love Mourinho. :devil:

donKey jote
23rd April 2013, 21:57
I love all football teams http://www.motorsportforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
So do I, but I hate what some represent :andrea:

pino
23rd April 2013, 21:57
I don't hate Real...I just hate when they win :p :

donKey jote
23rd April 2013, 22:04
Marca is whining :laugh:
Tres de los cuatro goles del Bayern son ilegales - MARCA.com (http://www.marca.com/2013/04/23/futbol/liga_campeones/1366747072.html)
"3 of Bayern's 4 goals were illegal" :rolleyes:

At least Waka-Waka recognizes "They gave us a trouncing. They were faster and stronger."

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd April 2013, 22:15
Why are Bayern retiring their manager?

donKey jote
23rd April 2013, 22:26
Because they want Pep to teach them how to play proper footie ? :p

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd April 2013, 22:32
He'll only be there till Fergie retires.

race aficionado
23rd April 2013, 23:14
Man! That Barca comeback at Camp Nou is going to be epic! :D

. . . .

gadjo_dilo
24th April 2013, 06:51
Marca is whining :laugh:
Tres de los cuatro goles del Bayern son ilegales - MARCA.com (http://www.marca.com/2013/04/23/futbol/liga_campeones/1366747072.html)
"3 of Bayern's 4 goals were illegal" :rolleyes:

Does Marca say anything about the 2 penalties that were refused to Bayern? :laugh:

odykas
24th April 2013, 08:22
Crappy defense :mad:

Mintexmemory
24th April 2013, 08:32
Don`t want to be mean but I`m happy to see that a team that seemed invincible may lose like this.

I actually do want to be mean, after years of getting an easy ride the chickens are coming home to roost. I won't feel so bad that Arsenal lost to the eventual winners if Bayern take the trophy. However, Bayern are not invincible either and I could see Real Madrid beating them.

Mintexmemory
24th April 2013, 08:33
Man! That Barca comeback at Camp Nou is going to be epic! :D

. . . .
Well 4-0 and a win on penalties would do it - have to see what odds the bookmakers are offering.

A FONDO
24th April 2013, 08:43
Does Marca say anything about the 2 penalties that were refused to Bayern? :laugh:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/63180_612014538838766_1384118166_n.jpg

Had the ref really wanted to help Bayern on purpose, he would have done it much earlier and easier.

pino
24th April 2013, 09:19
As for tonight Forza Dortmund :bounce:

odykas
24th April 2013, 09:21
No energy to support anyone :s

gadjo_dilo
24th April 2013, 09:29
Unfortunately none of the channels I receive will broadcast it.
I'll support Real because I made that joke about a Bayern - Real final and now I want to become reality.

donKey jote
24th April 2013, 16:46

yes, they say WakaWaka's should have been given, but the second wasn't :p
http://www.marca.com/2013/04/23/futbol/bayern-munich-barcelona/1366743888.html

Brown, Jon Brow
24th April 2013, 17:06
Come on Dortmund.

I have envy for German football at the minute. They have successful teams in European club competitions, they actually have Germans playing in their top division, the German national side always gets to at least the Semi-finals, their clubs aren't in massive debt, they have cheap match day tickets and standing terraces.

Brown, Jon Brow
24th April 2013, 19:53
And Dortmund takes lead inside 8 minutes!

pino
24th April 2013, 19:55
Yeees ! :bounce:

Garry Walker
24th April 2013, 20:12
How easy the Real Madrid guys fall down, quite amazing how weak their legs must be.

Brown, Jon Brow
24th April 2013, 20:20
How easy the Real Madrid guys fall down, quite amazing how weak their legs must be.

The irony, coming from a Barca fan.

Garry Walker
24th April 2013, 20:26
The irony, coming from a Barca fan.

Idiotic post, typical of manU fans.
Besides Fabregas, no Barca player falls down like all the Real Madrid guys do.

race aficionado
24th April 2013, 20:27
What? Penalty or not?

pino
Another crappy referee, that was penalty : mad:

donKey jote

Well, and Busquets :andrea:

donKey jote
24th April 2013, 20:29
Another crappy referee, that was penalty : mad:

The German commentators aren't moaning though... :dozey:

Brown, Jon Brow
24th April 2013, 20:30

Busquets? And all the rest.

Has Jose paid off this ref as well?

pino
24th April 2013, 20:33
The German commentators aren't moaning though... :dozey:

They know nothing about football :p :

donKey jote
24th April 2013, 20:39
Marca however :p
Borussia-Real Madrid: No hay penalti de Varane sobre Reus - MARCA.com (http://www.marca.com/2013/04/24/futbol/borussia-dortmund-real-madrid/1366831887.html)

donKey jote
24th April 2013, 20:40
Or the Guardian
Borussia Dortmund v Real Madrid - live! | Football | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/24/champions-league-borussia-dortmund-real-madrid)

So, should Borussia Dortmund have got a penalty for that Varane challenge on Reus? To borrow a phrase from Little Britain: replay says no. It quite clearly shows that there was no foul - if anything, Reus clipped Varane's legs and went down looking for it.

donKey jote
24th April 2013, 20:44
They know nothing about football :p :

Ollie Kahn also says no :p

Garry Walker
24th April 2013, 20:45
Busquets? And all the rest.

Not as much as RM guys. No team, sadly, is free of divers.

Judging by how this ref blew his whistle on times when there was no fault, that should have been a penalty.

Brown, Jon Brow
24th April 2013, 20:47
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWDcwACXHW153bAAgMWScgooFdttLIu mace504jAwfj9xyErp_

donKey jote
24th April 2013, 20:50
und? Tooor !! :p
kein Abseits !

donKey jote
24th April 2013, 20:56
Klassseeeee !
Weltklasse !!!!

pino
24th April 2013, 20:56
Yeeeees ! :bounce:

donKey jote
24th April 2013, 20:57
Isn't Lewandowski also going to Pep's Bayern ? :p

Garry Walker
24th April 2013, 20:57
Hopefully Ronaldo and Jose choke on that.

donKey jote
24th April 2013, 21:00
Spain don't stand a chance in Brasil :p

Brown, Jon Brow
24th April 2013, 21:00
Isn't Lewandowski also going to Pep's Bayern ? :p

He's on Fergies list to replace Rooney.

donKey jote
24th April 2013, 21:02
I reckon Hoeness has enough cash stashed away to sort that :p :andrea:

donKey jote
24th April 2013, 21:07
clear penalty this time :D

donKey jote
24th April 2013, 21:08
Lewandowski 4 - Cristiano 1 :p

Brown, Jon Brow
24th April 2013, 21:08
Incredible

Garry Walker
24th April 2013, 21:09
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

CRAZY semi finals this time.

donKey jote
24th April 2013, 21:10
di Maria in... get ready for some diving :p

pino
24th April 2013, 21:11
What a great evening :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
24th April 2013, 21:16
I thought Germans weren't supposed to have a sense of humour?

donKey jote
24th April 2013, 21:18
You'd be surprised :p

race aficionado
24th April 2013, 21:27
This is such a nice feeling after yesterday's clobbering. :)

race aficionado
24th April 2013, 21:31
And to think that Malaga gave Dortmund a great fight.
I like this German team, I like their uniform ( like a hoard of attacking bees) and an exciting fan base in a wonderful stadium.

donKey jote
24th April 2013, 21:32
5 more minutes for the fifth :devil: