PDA

View Full Version : I will probably be banned for this but... Footie Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Brown, Jon Brow
27th April 2012, 13:02
It's disappointing to see antifootball paying off like that.... and so it happened that Barca is kind of on the low side of cycle... anyways I'm not a Barca fan actually. The only team I follow is Man Utd and it seems they only get to play Barca when it's at full throttle.

What is antifootball?

Does playing defensive tactics not count as tactics anymore? People need to remember that the objective in football is to score more goals than the opposition, not complete more passes than the opposition.

What happened between Barcelona and Chelsea is what makes football the most exciting sport. In very few sports could a team dominate as much as Barcelona did and still lose.

fandango
27th April 2012, 14:09
So Pep has decided he needs a break. The feeling on the streets here in Barcelona (and everyone seems to be talking about it) is "Thanks, Pep, good luck." His assistant, Tito Vilanova takes over. Guardiola's last match will be the final of La Copa Del Rey. If Barça win it means Tito's first match will be the Supercopa, against - Real Madrid! How's that for a poke in the eye?

race aficionado
27th April 2012, 14:46
Ouch!

race aficionado
27th April 2012, 14:57
After doing some reading, it seems that Tito will be a good replacement. - He's been there, done that, knows the ropes and the style of the current Barca.

I was also bewildered when I saw a picture of how Guardiola looked 4 years ago and how he looks now. Wow! Talk about taking a beating . . . . it's a tough high pressure job, that's for sure - and he has left an amazing record braking legacy.

Where now? I'm sure he will continue his next high pressure type of job elsewhere in a high tier team.

Thanks Pep!

:beer: :beer:

:s mokin:

Big Ben
27th April 2012, 15:06
What is antifootball?

google it

Does playing defensive tactics not count as tactics anymore? People need to remember that the objective in football is to score more goals than the opposition, not complete more passes than the opposition.

wrong. 1-0 and 1-2 will just do.

pino
27th April 2012, 15:08
So Pep has decided he needs a break. The feeling on the streets here in Barcelona (and everyone seems to be talking about it) is "Thanks, Pep, good luck." His assistant, Tito Vilanova takes over. Guardiola's last match will be the final of La Copa Del Rey. If Barça win it means Tito's first match will be the Supercopa, against - Real Madrid! How's that for a poke in the eye?

Pep's next team will be one of the Milan side, Inter or Milan...you ear it here first ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
27th April 2012, 16:20
wrong. 1-0 and 1-2 will just do.

Sorry I'm lost. You're saying football is not about scoring more goals than the opposition?

donKey jote
27th April 2012, 18:47
I don't know about you guys but the Donks is inconspicuously desaparecido. (disappeared).

I hope that Barca's loss didn't throw him into the back end of his favorite booze joint.

Hey Donks! Que pasa?

I was offline due to work and a crappy hotel connection for a few days, but watched Barca in a pub in Birmingham :p
When Torres came on I told my colleagues that was it, I bet he scores ! :arrows:
Amazingly at least half were cheering for Barca, I guess London clubs are loved there as much as Real Madrid is in half of Madrid :D

donKey jote
27th April 2012, 18:53
Race amigo I do hope Donkey isn't among the many who took their lives due to Real exit

not a chance :p :bounce:

Both Real and Barca looked pretty knackered after their clásico.
Barca were a bit unlucky in both legs that hardly any of their chances went in (how many times did they hit the posts? :s ), but Real were just crap :D

fandango
28th April 2012, 11:01
Pep's next team will be one of the Milan side, Inter or Milan...you ear it here first ;)

I doubt it. My prediction is one more year of Fergie at ManU and then Pep will go there. I don't really see Guardiola going to Italy to play Barça style football - too many defensive opponents.

I'd love to see him go to Liverpool. The pig flying past my window reckons it's a sure bet.

pino
28th April 2012, 11:22
I doubt it. My prediction is one more year of Fergie at ManU and then Pep will go there. I don't really see Guardiola going to Italy to play Barça style football - too many defensive opponents.

I'd love to see him go to Liverpool. The pig flying past my window reckons it's a sure bet.

Pep is in love with Italy (after playing for Brescia at the end of his career) he's speaks italian, has many friends in Italy and he has always said that one day he will coach a Serie A side. As for too many defensive opponents...that's the reason he wants to coach a Serie A side. You can call yourself a great coach only when you win a scudetto in Italy...too easy to do it in Spain or England :p :

cali
29th April 2012, 09:33
Sorry I'm lost. You're saying football is not about scoring more goals than the opposition?

It's how you do it! All credits to Chelsea as they've implied the right tactic against Barca, but how they did it was quite embarrasing. Chelsea is counted as one of the greats in football, but they looked like little scared kids on the pitch.

But they deserved to go through as Barca was not good enough to utilize their chances.

fandango
29th April 2012, 10:59
Pep is in love with Italy (after playing for Brescia at the end of his career) he's speaks italian, has many friends in Italy and he has always said that one day he will coach a Serie A side. As for too many defensive opponents...that's the reason he wants to coach a Serie A side. You can call yourself a great coach only when you win a scudetto in Italy...too easy to do it in Spain or England :p :

Maybe you're right. In that case, he'll be keeping a close eye on Luís Enrique at Roma.

pino
29th April 2012, 11:10
It's how you do it! All credits to Chelsea as they've implied the right tactic against Barca, but how they did it was quite embarrasing. Chelsea is counted as one of the greats in football, but they looked like little scared kids on the pitch.

But they deserved to go through as Barca was not good enough to utilize their chances.

Barca has too many great players in their squad and if you try to play the same way as them, you have no chances. Chelsea went to Nou Camp with a 1-0 leading and the right tactic was to let Barca come forward and try to score a goal in counter-attack (the italian way) :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
29th April 2012, 11:36
So Carlisle beat Exeter 4-1 to relegate the Devon side (sorry MrJan :p ). Carlisle themselves are only 1point from the playoffs with one game remaining.

odykas
29th April 2012, 20:19
I'll tell you what.

Pep wants to learn the secrets of catenaccio.
Imagine Pep playing catenaccio against Mou and eventually kicking his butt out of CL.

Sweet revenge :D :p :

Storm
30th April 2012, 04:28
Worst week as a Barca fan....
I was in Nepal and saw all those games in hotel rooms..maybe thats why they sucked!
oh and I met Y/Jefe while in Delhi before the Chelsea game..he send his regards to you ody & pino :p :

and now Pep leaves (which was totally expected ever since he did not sign an extention...Vilanova is an interesting choice, I hope he adds a proper #9 next year though or atleast Villa is back fit and firing.

Brown, Jon Brow
30th April 2012, 12:13
BBC Sport - Roy Hodgson and England: Talks to start with the FA (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17888928)

Roy Hodgson set to become the new England manager. A safe option but I would have preferred Harry Redknapp.

Watching England under Sven, McClaren and Capello has been pretty boring. Redknapp always sets his teams up to play open football, which would have been quite refreshing for the international scene.

pino
30th April 2012, 16:09
BBC Sport - Roy Hodgson and England: Talks to start with the FA (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17888928)

Roy Hodgson set to become the new England manager. A safe option but I would have preferred Harry Redknapp.

Watching England under Sven, McClaren and Capello has been pretty boring. Redknapp always sets his teams up to play open football, which would have been quite refreshing for the international scene.

You need quality players to play open football and I don't see any in England except for Rooney so it doesn't really matter who will coach England. For sure I prefere Roy than rat-face Redknapp :p :

pino
30th April 2012, 16:17
...oh and I met Y/Jefe while in Delhi before the Chelsea game..he send his regards to you ody & pino :p :

Happy for you that you met Y-man...did you tell how much we miss his post in here ;)

pino
30th April 2012, 19:47
City vs United...anyone? :D

Brown, Jon Brow
30th April 2012, 20:02
Not been this nervous about a Man Utd game since last years Champions League final.

Probably the most important City v United derby ever?

donKey jote
30th April 2012, 20:05
Go Kun :D

donKey jote
30th April 2012, 20:15
oooh :eek:

pino
30th April 2012, 20:16
Go Manci-telli :p :

donKey jote
30th April 2012, 20:25
oooh Kun you donkey :p

donKey jote
30th April 2012, 20:30
United doing a Chelsea :s :p

pino
30th April 2012, 20:33
[quote="donKey jote"]United doing a Chelsea :s :p [/ ;)

donKey jote
30th April 2012, 20:35
oooh kun you donkey :p

donKey jote
30th April 2012, 20:36
oooh zabalakun :p

donKey jote
30th April 2012, 20:45
:bounce: :D
what a header ! :eek:

pino
30th April 2012, 20:48
Well deserved !!! :D

Brown, Jon Brow
30th April 2012, 20:49
I hate football :(

Brown, Jon Brow
30th April 2012, 20:49
Valencia for Park

Big Ben
30th April 2012, 22:01
Just wonderful... stupid football

Brown, Jon Brow
30th April 2012, 22:02
I don't think Man Utd had a shot all game. :erm:

race aficionado
1st May 2012, 04:21
That Man City looks like a scary team to play against.
They outplayed ManU.
They deserved the win.

And how about them feisty coaches going nuts at each other's faces! They fortunately knew that the shaking of hands was the right thing to do at the end.

Brown, Jon Brow
1st May 2012, 10:39
Maybe Fergie will see that Man Utd miss some creativity in midfield. Modric or Sneijder?

Big Ben
2nd May 2012, 08:15
Maybe Fergie will see that Man Utd miss some creativity in midfield. Modric or Sneijder?

TBH the defense is pretty poor too. It's true Vidic was out for half a season but that Evans should be the reserve for Vidic' reserve... It's a sign of their weakness that he got to play so many matches lately.

Knock-on
2nd May 2012, 10:14
Roy Hodgson??????????

WTF is the thought process at the FA? In fact, FA is about all they know about football.

Feckless manager to feckless manager. No wonder he wasn't 'surprised' to be given the poison chalice. He's hopeless enough.

Fans wanted Harry, Players wanted Harry, Harry wanted Harry so what happens. We get yet another Hog :(

odykas
2nd May 2012, 10:26
I don't know this guy but...... cannot be worse than Fabio C :devil:

Brown, Jon Brow
2nd May 2012, 10:46
TBH the defense is pretty poor too. It's true Vidic was out for half a season but that Evans should be the reserve for Vidic' reserve... It's a sign of their weakness that he got to play so many matches lately.

I think that Evans has been one of Uniteds best defenders this season. Ferdinand has been the weak link. The good sign is that Evans, Smalling , Jones, Rafael are all still very young and will all get better. Jones in particular will go on to achieve great things.

pino
2nd May 2012, 10:46
Thread merged with poll addition...please do vote :p :

jens
2nd May 2012, 19:43
I hope Bayern wins the CL. Always cheer for them there. :D

In Premier League I hope MCity pulls it off. Great comeback after having fallen behind by 8 points only a few games back. I'm not completely convinced of the title yet, because past has taught the season is over once it is over and top teams can easily stumble on backmarkers and lose points from time to time.

Oh, and please Newcastle and/or Tottenham in CL next year. :D And Napoli for third in Serie A! :D

donKey jote
2nd May 2012, 20:15
I'm for Chelsea, I can't stand Real Bayern :p

donKey jote
2nd May 2012, 20:17
Messi just scored his second penalty against Malaga - if only he'd scored just the 1 against Chelsea :dozey:

donKey jote
2nd May 2012, 20:21
Messi hat-trick, currently 4-1

odykas
2nd May 2012, 21:06
No more defensive crap :!:

Go Bayern :)

donKey jote
2nd May 2012, 21:13
Ronaldo missed his first penalty against Bilbao :D

donKey jote
2nd May 2012, 21:17
Balls. Higuain 0-1 :dozey:

donKey jote
2nd May 2012, 21:21
Balls. Özil 0-2 :dozey:
after the ref missed a handball in Madrid's area :dozey: :dozey:

donKey jote
2nd May 2012, 22:08
That's it... I'm off to bed. Ronaldo 0-3 :dozey:

race aficionado
3rd May 2012, 04:17
. . and Messi 3 goals ahead of Cristiano in La Liga count.

:)

Storm
3rd May 2012, 07:02
now suddenly CR7 thinks the title is what matters..not the 'pichichi' ...err didn't see that last year when all free-kicks, pens and basically every damn ball was handed to him on a platter in the area in the last few games just to one-up Messi...

edit: La Liga over.

odykas
3rd May 2012, 08:22
Ronaldo is training hard for Champions League Final :D :D :D

http://www.ronaldo7.net/extra/fashion/cristiano-ronaldo-fashion-relaxing-on-sofa.jpg http://ae.playstation.com/media/ejpCsqZn/161/ucl_comp.jpg

Brown, Jon Brow
5th May 2012, 21:13
Chelsea wins the F.A Cup after beating Liverpool 2-1

pino
6th May 2012, 09:12
Well done Chelsea :up:

Today's crucial day for the scudetto : Juventus vs Cagliari and Milan vs Inter Milan can't wait for tha action :bounce: hopefully it will end good and celebrate :D

ps: Might watch Newcastle vs City as well ;)

Storm
6th May 2012, 10:48
I am really hoping Bayern rip Chelsea a new one in the final....Drogba does the same things in each game and the ref does nothing?

race aficionado
6th May 2012, 12:49
Okay, now Messi has 50 goals in La Liga and the difference with the runner up in the Pichichi race,CR is: and I'll get it right this time-
5 goal difference.

Cool!

Sent from my iPhone

Storm
6th May 2012, 19:41
Pichichi no importa, race....la liga sí :(

but yeah 50 goals is phenomenal whichever way you slice it.

pino
6th May 2012, 22:48
Yeeeeees we did it ! Juventus ital champ for 30th time http://www.glittergirl.co.uk/banana/51.gifhttp://www.glittergirl.co.uk/banana/51.gifhttp://www.glittergirl.co.uk/banana/51.gif

Storm
7th May 2012, 05:44
28th ;)
BBC Sport - Juventus wrap up Italian Serie A championship in style (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17979048)

congrats and enjoy while it lasts. looking forward to seeing Juve in CL next yr

pino
7th May 2012, 07:45
30 times Storm...30 times won it on the pitch.The rest are fake accusations that were never proved, NEVER !

odykas
7th May 2012, 09:31
Congrats pino :D

Too bad stupid Juve is not extending Del Piero's contract though :(

pino
7th May 2012, 10:13
Congrats pino :D

Too bad stupid Juve is not extending Del Piero's contract though :(

No decision has been taken yet so I am still confident ;)

Storm
9th May 2012, 07:33
30 times Storm...30 times won it on the pitch.The rest are fake accusations that were never proved, NEVER !

i know why its 30 and why it is 28 (officially) my dear pino...was just yanking your chain :p :

Big Ben
9th May 2012, 08:25
So season's almost over

La liga: evil prevailed
Premier League... there's nothing money can't buy... or even an idiot can win it with half a billion team?
Serie A: Nice to see Juventus back up there
Bundesliga: great job BVB.
Ligue 1: who understands this one?
Scottish Premier League: who thought this competition can turn even more unbalanced than it was?
Eredivise: business as usual
Liga Sabres: same old...
Romanian First League: circus freaks

gadjo_dilo
9th May 2012, 08:55
So season's almost over

La liga: evil prevailed
Premier League... there's nothing money can't buy... or even an idiot can win it with half a billion team?
Serie A: Nice to see Juventus back up there
Bundesliga: great job BVB.
Ligue 1: who understands this one?
Scottish Premier League: who thought this competition can turn even more unbalanced than it was?
Eredivise: business as usual
Liga Sabres: same old...
Romanian First League: circus freaks

.... and Europa League final tonight . Who will win?

race aficionado
9th May 2012, 12:12
A Spanish team for sure. ;)
I want my fellow countryman Falcao's team to win.

Sent from my iPhone

gadjo_dilo
9th May 2012, 12:42
I'll support Bilbao. Athletic fanzone is under my window and the guys are very nice. However the noise is annoying - I nearly learnt their hymn.

Athletic, Athletic
zu zara nagusia. etc.

pino
9th May 2012, 13:34
Sorry race but...Go Bilbao ! :p :

odykas
9th May 2012, 19:58
i know why its 30 and why it is 28 (officially) my dear pino...was just yanking your chain :p :

31 if you count 2007 title http://www.idmforce.com/smilies/onetooth.gif
I took it to the next level :p :

Alexamateo
9th May 2012, 20:26
A Spanish team for sure. ;)

Sorry race but...Go Bilbao ! :p :

Falcao 2 Bilbao 0

so far so good Race ;)

pino
9th May 2012, 22:26
Atletico 3 Bilbao 0 :eek: Congrats to Atletico, Falcao...and race :up: :D

gadjo_dilo
10th May 2012, 06:47

Haven't known he's colombian. I think he's handsome and looks a bit like Dayro Moreno.

Big Ben
10th May 2012, 09:49
Atletico was the better team and deserved to win but you have to appreciate the passion of the basque players. It's refreshing. Most players after that match would just punch out and count their millions.

P.S. So I guess Mancini wants to buy Falcao now.

odykas
10th May 2012, 13:42
Congrats but... I still dislike Atletico :p :

race aficionado
10th May 2012, 19:02
Heh!
I just saw the game today. I had to record it and I stayed away from all news outlets until I saw it today as if it were live.
Fun game and of course I am thrilled with Falcao's 2 golazos.
I also like Athletic. I've enjoyed seeing them play through out this tournament an my fave Barca are going to have their hands full playing the Copa del Rey final.

That one will be a fun game.

Big Ben
11th May 2012, 07:24
Heh!
I just saw the game today. I had to record it and I stayed away from all news outlets until I saw it today as if it were live.
Fun game and of course I am thrilled with Falcao's 2 golazos.
I also like Athletic. I've enjoyed seeing them play through out this tournament an my fave Barca are going to have their hands full playing the Copa del Rey final.

That one will be a fun game.

Perhaps Barca and Falcao would be a very good match. One thing they seemed to lack in the last few matches I've seen was somebody to finish the job. It's kind of hard to pass the ball all the way into the net, especially with teams keeping 10 players around the penalty box area.

Storm
11th May 2012, 18:52
I said it then and now again. Selling Eto'o was a mistake in the long run. Messi can only do so much. Eto'o was a skilled footballer and a poacher both. A proper striker.

pino
11th May 2012, 20:52
Barca should make an offer to Del Piero...he might say yes to them ;)

pino
13th May 2012, 17:01
Well done City... but what a suspense ! :eek:

jens
13th May 2012, 19:19
Congrats to Manchester City! What a nailbiting finish and the result must be very sweet - after many years of building up the team the ultimate height has finally been reached!

But QPR put up a good fight and I am glad the Tony Fernandes owned team stays in the Premier League for the next season as well. It has taken some time to build up this team and after struggling in the first half of the season QPR has improved significantly in the second half. Hopefully they are in for a more consistent and competitive season next time.

Brown, Jon Brow
13th May 2012, 21:08
Man Utd won their game and seemed to have won the league, then 2 minutes later City had scored two goals they needed at the title was theirs. I have never experienced such drama on a final day.

Rollo
13th May 2012, 21:20
Man Utd won their game and seemed to have won the league, then 2 minutes later City had scored two goals they needed at the title was theirs. I have never experienced such drama on a final day.

1989 was pretty dramatic:

Liv'pol Pd: 37 GD: +39 Pts: 76
Arsenal Pd: 37 GD: +35 Pts: 73

Arsenal needed to win by two clear goals. If they were able to do that they would have been level on point and level on goal difference and would have won the title only on the number of goals scored for the season.
The problem was that no side had actually beaten Liverpool at Anfield in 1988-9 by two goals and Arsenal had not won at all at Anfield for 15 years previous going back to 1974. Liverpool themselves were on track to claim the League and FA Cup Double and would have been the first side in English history to have won it twice (having done so in 1986)

When Alan Smith scored in the 52nd minute The Kop fell silent; for the next agonising 39 minutes they remained subdued, for they knew that if Arsenal scored again the season, title and double was over.
bQmO3S2eLPE

Rollo
13th May 2012, 21:22
If you have been affected by Manchester United's failure to win anything this season, why not call the Man United Crisis Line on 1-800 1-0 1-0 1-0, that's...
1-800 won-nothing, won-nothing, won-nothing :D

Brown, Jon Brow
13th May 2012, 22:22
1989 was pretty dramatic:

I didn't experience that though as I was only a few months old. I remember 1995 when Blackburn won, despite losing to Liverpool, because Man Utd failed to beat West Ham. But that can't quite compare to a league winning goal in the 94th minute of the fianl game of the season.

If you have been affected by Manchester United's failure to win anything this season, why not call the Man United Crisis Line on 1-800 1-0 1-0 1-0, that's...
1-800 won-nothing, won-nothing, won-nothing :D

At least we finished above Everton. :p

Storm
14th May 2012, 07:20
I did not watch the premier league this season (apart from a game or two) as I decided not to pay for ESPN/Star till the Euro Cup starts....maybe I should have watched it just to see Fergie's gum chewing face last night when Aguero scored :D
ah the joy when a team scores 2 goals in the injury time to WIN a league (or a European Cup, eh man u?)

Rollo
14th May 2012, 08:18
Billionaire Russian Oil FC beats Billionaire American Food Processing FC to the title.

I think it strange that the World Service has had people complaining all over the world that "City" have bought a title when United pretty well much did exactly the same thing with the initial IPO in 1991. Football in England has really been a "big business" thing ever since the creation of the Premier League. Heck even BSkyB had a tilt at trying to buy Man Utd in 1999 before the Monopolies Commission blocked it.

Big Ben
14th May 2012, 08:56
Billionaire Russian FC actually finished sixth and have been beaten for the title for quite some time now.

Brown, Jon Brow
14th May 2012, 09:31
Billionaire Russian Oil FC beats Billionaire American Food Processing FC to the title.

I think it strange that the World Service has had people complaining all over the world that "City" have bought a title when United pretty well much did exactly the same thing with the initial IPO in 1991. Football in England has really been a "big business" thing ever since the creation of the Premier League. Heck even BSkyB had a tilt at trying to buy Man Utd in 1999 before the Monopolies Commission blocked it.

The difference is that United only ever spent 'their' money, not from a billionaire investor and nowhere near the levels that City or Chelsea ever spent. Uniteds wealth was earned from being successful and having a huge fan-base (a huge fan-base even before the Fergie era), and their most successful team was made up of academy players who cost next to nothing.

The Abu Dhabi United Group would never have bought Man City if they hadn't been given the Manchester City Council stadium.

Big Ben
15th May 2012, 14:18
The difference is that United only ever spent 'their' money, not from a billionaire investor and nowhere near the levels that City or Chelsea ever spent. Uniteds wealth was earned from being successful and having a huge fan-base (a huge fan-base even before the Fergie era), and their most successful team was made up of academy players who cost next to nothing.

The Abu Dhabi United Group would never have bought Man City if they hadn't been given the Manchester City Council stadium.

Couldn't agree more. United spends money United earned. City spends sugar daddy's money. Sometimes it looks as if they are buying players just to make sure they don't end up playing for rival teams....

like someone else said... it looks as if Mancini should have applied for the Wenger's job because it seems he wants to be Arsenal's manager rather than City's (related to rumors he's after RVP now)

darwin553
16th May 2012, 10:33
So glad that Man City won the league as I absolutely hate Man U. Yes I am one of those non-UK odd one outs that don't support Man U as we know that is where their main support is, everywhere but Manchester and England. BTW - I am a southampton supporter (check my profile) and extremely thrilled about the Saints back in top flight football again :cool:

odykas
16th May 2012, 14:11
Well done Man City :)

I hope the Italians follow the example. Go Torino F.C. :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
16th May 2012, 22:56
So glad that Man City won the league as I absolutely hate Man U. Yes I am one of those non-UK odd one outs that don't support Man U as we know that is where their main support is, everywhere but Manchester and England. BTW - I am a southampton supporter (check my profile) and extremely thrilled about the Saints back in top flight football again :cool:

That old nutshell :rolleyes:

Anyone who is from Manchester or regularly goes to Manchester knows that there is about a 50/50 split between City and United supporters within the region. Indeed, some research on facebook showed that Manchester based United fans outnumbered City fans by 3:1! United, ever since since the Busby Babes, have just had many supporters from away from their home aswell.

England Squad for EURO 2012

GK-Robert Green, Joe Hart, John Ruddy

DEF-Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Joleon Lescott, John Terry

MID-Gareth Barry, Stewart Downing, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Scott Parker, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott , Ashley Young

FOR-Andy Carroll, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Welbeck, Jermain Defoe

Utter garbage!

Alexamateo
17th May 2012, 01:58
Just a clarification, Jon, you think the England squad is utter garbage, or are you referring to darwin's comments?

Storm
17th May 2012, 10:05
surely he means the squad and the manager as they are crap.

Brown, Jon Brow
17th May 2012, 12:05
Just a clarification, Jon, you think the England squad is utter garbage, or are you referring to darwin's comments?

The England sqaud! :p

MrJan
17th May 2012, 17:57
2012 is going to be a fantastic footballing year. Exeter relegated and England fielding one of the worst squads possible. I was all for supporting Hodgson but it's crazy how he can claim to leave Ferdinand for 'footballing reasons' while still taking John Terry, a man who hasn't successfully put his foot on a ball in 12 months. He'll happily leave behind Peter Crouch, a player that is scoring, and instead take Andy Carroll, a player who is **** and not scoring...and don't get me started on Stuart f***ing Downing, he's a useless ****, he has always been a useless **** and playing under 'King' Kenny (someone who is also f***ing useless but who you can't say anything bad about because Liverpool fans will get all uppity) has made him even more useless. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....although Exeter have signed Alan Gow and got rid of Daniel Nardiello, so it's not all bad.

iva.rpm
18th May 2012, 23:32
Don't remember me of football. The team that I support (Palmeiras) has not won an important title in many years! :mad:

19th May 2012, 10:33
a few per cent staff finished two or three instantaneous take apart this point thru United states you see, the fantastic payout excluding necklace, mildew to a substantially estimate so many Master card SpendingPulse. This was above mentioned splendor net gain just about a bit. 4 percent at the same time 9. amount P . c . while quite possibly potentially competently because November, respectively, rapid outpacing it is very sleep onto the little world. Fat loss of the week, bold moviegoers hugely nerve-racking havenrrrt earlier in this article been for a while rattled to get efficient property customer support, decently design industry's hope growing to be 8-to perform 10-percent christmas time change wants as well as to consider Lv Initialed or monogrammed Fabric your method, releases Sherif Mityas, skilled better half extremely popular modest physical exertion a. ¥ô¥£¥È¥ó Ø”²¼ (http://www.lvbagjp.org/) ¥ô¥£¥È¥ó ¥Ð¥Ã¥° (http://www.lvbagjp.org/) ¥ô¥£¥È¥ó¥â¥Î¥°¥é¥à (http://www.lvbagjp.org/) ¥ô¥£¥È¥ó Ø”²¼:[url=http://www.lvbagjp.org/]ã

Brown, Jon Brow
19th May 2012, 17:01
West Ham beat Blackpool 2-1 to make it into the Premier League next year. :(

donKey jote
19th May 2012, 18:41
:(

pino
19th May 2012, 19:12
CL final tonight anyone ? :D

donKey jote
19th May 2012, 19:30
can't stand bayern even more than I can't stand chelsea, so go Torres ! :D

pino
19th May 2012, 19:38
Same here so Go Di Matteo !

MrJan
19th May 2012, 19:57
Don't remember me of football. The team that I support (Palmeiras) has not won an important title in many years! :mad:

The first time that Brazil played as a national team in 1914, it was against the team that I support, Exeter City :)

pino
19th May 2012, 20:23
Bayern in total control of the match so far...

race aficionado
19th May 2012, 20:36
Wow. First commercial of half time.
The new Nike football players galore commercial. They got themselves a budget. .

Sent from my iPhone

pino
19th May 2012, 20:42
Nice adverts, although I could do without Ronaldo :p : now let's hope for a better 2nd half !

race aficionado
19th May 2012, 21:20
Bayern just can't score....

Sent from my iPhone

race aficionado
19th May 2012, 21:26
And now they finally do.

Sent from my iPhone

pino
19th May 2012, 21:26
They just did it now ;) well deserved btw

race aficionado
19th May 2012, 21:30
Holy crap! What a goal!

Sent from my iPhone

pino
Drogba !!!!

Brown, Jon Brow
I wasn't planning on extra-time. I was going out!

pino
19th May 2012, 21:35
Too bad for you Brown :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
19th May 2012, 21:46
Saved!!!

pino
19th May 2012, 21:48
Super Cech :eek:

donKey jote
19th May 2012, 22:04
oops... have I missed anything? :p

pino
19th May 2012, 22:12
Yes the italian catenaccio at its best :p :

donKey jote
19th May 2012, 22:13
and Robben choking in a big game again ;) :laugh:

donKey jote
19th May 2012, 22:16
hehe Torres got a card for talking "Spanish" to the ref :p

pino
19th May 2012, 22:16
Penalties now !!!

donKey jote
19th May 2012, 22:23
Mata you eejut :eek:

donKey jote
19th May 2012, 22:26
Neuer :eek:

donKey jote
19th May 2012, 22:27
Yes :D

donKey jote
19th May 2012, 22:28
4-4 (3-3)

donKey jote
19th May 2012, 22:28
Pigclimber.................... MISSES :D

donKey jote
19th May 2012, 22:29
go drog !

donKey jote
19th May 2012, 22:30
Chelsea are it !! :bounce:

Feel soooooooo sorry for Bayern.... not! :laugh: :laugh:

pino
19th May 2012, 22:32
Italy wins !!! :p :

donKey jote
19th May 2012, 22:33
What worked in the semi works in the final... antifootie wins :dozey: :p :devil:

race aficionado
19th May 2012, 22:45
With this wonderful sport you never know: what was supposed to be a final between RM and Barcelona turned out into a probable BM win and we end up with Droga and his team mates taking it all.
Now let's move on to La Copa del Rey.
Go Barca!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone

pino
19th May 2012, 22:52
...and Italy Cup final between Napoli and Juve, tomorrow night in Rome :bounce:

jens
19th May 2012, 23:27
Damn. And this means Tottenham is out of CL too. :(

Congrats to Chelsea, although incredible to think that they finally reached CL success after their worst Premier League season for many years.

Rollo
19th May 2012, 23:55
I suppose that George Osbourne did give Roman Abramovich a tax break worth many many thousands of pounds, so it's only fitting that Roman should give his buddy seats to the CL Final.

Big Ben
20th May 2012, 07:29
So that's how it goes.... Tottenham's out. It just wasn't bad enough that Chelski won.

Garry Walker
20th May 2012, 11:45
Anti-Football triumphs over football. Awful, just awful.

pino
20th May 2012, 13:47
Garry why you never satisfied...no matter what ? :p :

Garry Walker
20th May 2012, 14:05
Garry why you never satisfied...no matter what ? :p :

If Barca or Bayern, both who play really great and watchable football, had won, I would have been very satisfied. Sadly, it was not to be.

Brown, Jon Brow
20th May 2012, 17:22
Well done to Chelsea.

Both Cahill and in particular Cole played superbly in defence, which is at least one good sign for England.

Brown, Jon Brow
20th May 2012, 17:59
Anti-Football triumphs over football. Awful, just awful.

Anti-Football? :erm:

No, it's called defending. Knowing how to defend is a key part of football.

Garry Walker
20th May 2012, 18:12
Anti-Football? :erm:

No, it's called defending. Knowing how to defend is a key part of football.

Having most of your players inside your penalty box for a large part of the game is not football.

Brown, Jon Brow
20th May 2012, 18:29
Having most of your players inside your penalty box for a large part of the game is not football.

Why not? There aren't any rules saying that a team can't put 11 players inside it's own penalty area.

I am in no way a Chelsea fan, but they played to their own strengths and won, so every credit to them.

Garry Walker
20th May 2012, 18:38
Why not? There aren't any rules saying that a team can't put 11 players inside it's own penalty area.

I am in no way a Chelsea fan, but they played to their own strengths and won, so every credit to them.

Did I say it was against rules? Did I? Can you even read what I said?

I consider it anti-football and hate defensive playing like that. I prefer creative and attacking teams, instead of the Chelsea way of playing.

Brown, Jon Brow
20th May 2012, 18:58
Did I say it was against rules? Did I? Can you even read what I said?

I consider it anti-football and hate defensive playing like that. I prefer creative and attacking teams, instead of the Chelsea way of playing.

Again, why do you consider defending not to be part of football?

In my view, defending well is probably more difficult than scoring goals. If a defender makes an error the chances are that his team concedes a goal. If an attacker makes an error then nothing changes.

Garry Walker
20th May 2012, 19:09
Again, why do you consider defending not to be part of football?
Jesus, do you even read what I say or do you say random stuff? Where did I say defending is not a part of football? Of course it is. I will try to write more clearly this time, pay attention now. I hate teams that spend most of their times on the defensive, put 10 guys in their penalty box and make it almost impossible for the attacking team to score. This is not beautiful or creative football, this is anti-football and destructive football.I will always root against such teams and for the teams that display creative attacking football. I have similar views for Ice hockey and tennis for example.

Defending well harder than attacking? LOL.

Brown, Jon Brow
20th May 2012, 19:15
Jesus, do you even read what I say or do you say random stuff? Where did I say defending is not a part of football? Of course it is. I will try to write more clearly this time, pay attention now. I hate teams that spend most of their times on the defensive, put 10 guys in their penalty box and make it almost impossible for the attacking team to score. This is not beautiful or creative football, this is anti-football and destructive football.I will always root against such teams and for the teams that display creative attacking football. I have similar views for Ice hockey and tennis for example.

Defending well harder than attacking? LOL.

JESUS! Why is defending anti-football? By saying anti-football you are suggesting that it isn't football. It is part of the game! Anti-football in my opinion would be over-physical play that results in lots of cynical fouls, such as the style of the Netherlands against Spain in the 2010 World Cup.

And defending is difficult to master.

Lousada
20th May 2012, 22:55
The goal of football is to win, not to not-lose. Chelsea plays anti-football because they never intended to win, they never seemed to be able to win and in the end didn't win as it was 1-1 after 120 minutes.

Brown, Jon Brow
20th May 2012, 23:26
I seriously doubt that Chelsea played for a penalty shoot-out, given the record of the Germans in shootouts.

Lousada
21st May 2012, 10:30
I seriously doubt that Chelsea played for a penalty shoot-out, given the record of the Germans in shootouts.

They barely had any serious chances in the game so they must have been. And there is no such thing as a record in penalty shootouts, each new shootout is a fresh start.

odykas
21st May 2012, 10:32
No more anti-football please http://th492.photobucket.com/albums/rr285/croatoan5376/Emoticons/th_smiley_emoticons_thumbs-down_new.gif

Storm
21st May 2012, 14:22
Boring crap. Chelsea, Drogba, Terry, Lampard can you now leave us all and buzz off finally..(and not to Barca as has been rumoured!!!)

worst piece of football finishing for 83 mins and poor penalties from Bayern (Robben!)..this was like watching Barca fail to beat Chelsea in London all over again and then again missing that penalty in leg 2. :\

Garry Walker
21st May 2012, 15:31
JESUS! Why is defending anti-football?Who said defending is anti-football? Do you even read what others say? Defence in itself is not anti-football, but basing your whole game on having most of your players in your penalty box is not the way football is supposed to be played.

By saying anti-football you are suggesting that it isn't football. No, but I am suggesting that the style of football shown by Chelsea is to football what rabies are to a dog.

It is part of the game! Anti-football in my opinion would be over-physical play that results in lots of cynical fouls, such as the style of the Netherlands against Spain in the 2010 World Cup. That is a far better style than the boring crap Chelsea subjected us to.

And defending is difficult to master.
Having 10 players in your penalty box and defending like that is far easier than attacking with creativity like Barca does.

The goal of football is to win, not to not-lose. Chelsea plays anti-football because they never intended to win, they never seemed to be able to win and in the end didn't win as it was 1-1 after 120 minutes.
Give the man a prize, 100% what I think.

I seriously doubt that Chelsea played for a penalty shoot-out, given the record of the Germans in shootouts.Well, they didn't exactly play for win either, or maybe Bayern was just so much more creative and better.

Brown, Jon Brow
21st May 2012, 16:50
Who said defending is anti-football? Do you even read what others say? Defence in itself is not anti-football, but basing your whole game on having most of your players in your penalty box is not the way football is supposed to be played.

Not the way football is supposed to played according to who? Contrasting styles of play is what makes sport interesting.

You play football to your own strengths and to win, not to imitate Barcelona. Chelsea won this years UCL, so they obviously got their tactics correct.

pino
21st May 2012, 16:57
Ok I am honest now and say that I am happy about Chelsea because of Di Matteo not because the way they've played. Having said that...with the current squad, that was the only way to play in order to win the Cup, so well done to them ! :up: For sure if Roberto stays as coach (as he deserves) I hope he will sign a couple of players that can change their playing style...I would go for Del Piero :p :

A FONDO
21st May 2012, 19:56
Chelski didnt win the CL, Bayern lost it.

Big Ben
22nd May 2012, 10:43
Abramovich must have been delighted by the way Chelski won. Seeing them playing like that must have brought him to the conclusion it was worthwhile spending all those hundred millions.

gadjo_dilo
22nd May 2012, 11:14
I hope he will sign a couple of players that can change their playing style...I would go for Del Piero :p :

No offence - I'm not a fan of italian football and I don't follow the news - but is this guy still playing? Isn't he too old? I know him from ages....

Storm
22nd May 2012, 11:41
Juventus are idiots for not giving him a contract and letting him finish his career there. :s

gadjo_dilo
22nd May 2012, 12:02
Now I undestand. I've noticed that Juventus is sometimes referred as "the old lady" ....

odykas
22nd May 2012, 12:10
Juventus are idiots for not giving him a contract and letting him finish his career there. :s

Stupid Juve are not extending his contract. Shame on them :mad:

Big Ben
22nd May 2012, 12:36
Now I undestand. I've noticed that Juventus is sometimes referred as "the old lady" ....

a wicked old lady it seems.. always looking at younger men.

pino
22nd May 2012, 13:04
Juve have made many mistakes in the past but not keeping Del Piero til the end is probably the worst :(

odykas
22nd May 2012, 15:51
Mou will stay @ Real until 2016.

Great timing for the announcement since I was wondering who to hate next year :D

http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/PA-11754210.jpg

Garry Walker
23rd May 2012, 19:19
Mou will stay @ Real until 2016.

Great timing for the announcement since I was wondering who to hate next year :D

http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/PA-11754210.jpg Thanks, I have lost my appetite now.

Not the way football is supposed to played according to who? Contrasting styles of play is what makes sport interesting. According to me. I really am not interested in watching in one team putting all of their guys in the penalty box and defending like crazy. BORING. Imagine two such teams playing, one could sleep through the match easily.

You play football to your own strengths and to win, not to imitate Barcelona. Chelsea won this years UCL, so they obviously got their tactics correct. Chelsea was incredibly lucky that Barca and Bayern messed up so many times and they could luck their way to the cup.

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd May 2012, 21:23
Thanks, I have lost my appetite now.

According to me. I really am not interested in watching in one team putting all of their guys in the penalty box and defending like crazy. BORING. Imagine two such teams playing, one could sleep through the match easily.
Chelsea was incredibly lucky that Barca and Bayern messed up so many times and they could luck their way to the cup.

But upsets like that are why football is exciting. Chelsea being set up to defend and then counter-attack is what made the semi-final so exciting.

Did you see the quarter-final between Barcelona and Leverkusen? Bayer Leverkusen tried to go toe-to-toe with Barca and got destroyed, and I found that game quite boring because the result was never in doubt. The same could be said about last years UCL final between Barcelona and Man Utd.

Storm
24th May 2012, 06:14
^Upsets are those when a small, unfancied team plays with skill, guts and determination (and a bit of luck) to topple a bigger team.
thats why football is sometimes better than anything else in the world.

w.r.t Chelsea/Bayern...it wasn't exactly a small or unfancied side that won. sure they showed determination and courage under pressure (penalties) but there was a gigantic slice of luck and almost no footballing skill on display (except frantically blocking shots on goal like a relegation threatened team on the last day of the season)

race aficionado
25th May 2012, 00:15
I'm looking forward to some good football playing tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone

pino
25th May 2012, 17:07
Going to support Bilbao, Falcao and race this time hehe :p :

donKey jote
25th May 2012, 18:28
^dislike :p

pino
25th May 2012, 19:20
^dislike :p

Don't care :p :

donKey jote
25th May 2012, 21:04
Pedrito 1-0 after 2 minutes :D

donKey jote
25th May 2012, 21:22
Messiiiiiiiii 2-0 after 20 minutes :D :D

donKey jote
25th May 2012, 21:26
Pedritoooo 3-0 after 24 minutes :D :D :D

pino
25th May 2012, 21:28
Good Night then ! ;)

donKey jote
25th May 2012, 21:30
ref missed a clear penalty from Piqué on Llorente, maybe because Llorente exagerated it a bit too much :s

donKey jote
25th May 2012, 21:30
Good Night then ! ;)

VERY good night so far ! :D

race aficionado
26th May 2012, 04:04
The end of an era.

And hopefully the continuation of Barcelona's winning football.

Sent from my iPhone

donKey jote
26th May 2012, 11:58
hey Race, did you see Montoya was also playing ? ;) :p

pino
26th May 2012, 12:13

Shut up Donkey...and get ready for Euro 2012 :hmph: ;)

pino
26th May 2012, 12:32
Maradona's talking about Di Matteo's Chelsea (spanish only) sorry :p :

Maradona ensalza al Chelsea de Di Matteo - MARCA.com (http://www.marca.com/2012/05/26/futbol/futbol_internacional/argentina/1338023766.html)

donKey jote
26th May 2012, 15:05
Shut up Donkey...and get ready for Euro 2012 :hmph: ;)

All set for tonight, don't worry... go mandinga ! :D

:erm:

:andrea:

race aficionado
26th May 2012, 15:59

Yep, he doesn't look as chubby on a football uniform . . . .

race aficionado
26th May 2012, 18:44
On a serious note:
Donks, can you explain to us what is the deal with the whistled and jeered national anthem? Give us ignoramus a short historical lesson here.

That was pretty intense.

donKey jote
26th May 2012, 18:51
Euskadi and Catalonia are part of the Spanish State but are in many ways nations in their own right (culturally, linguistically, historically,...). They were particularly oppressed by the Franco dictatorship, and are often spoken of or treated with disdain by the right-wing Spanish/Centralist PP party.
The more nationalist basque or catalan elements will always boo the King or any other symbols of the State, and the Cup Final -being the "Copa del Rey"- is usually attended by the royal family.
But what really made it happen this year was the stoopid Madrid President Aguirre, -from the right-wing Spanish-nationalist ruling party PP- stirring up controversy and provoking before the match, with comments along the lines of "if anybody whistles the anthem, the match should be called off" etc :rolleyes: :dozey:
http://politica.elpais.com/politica/2012/05/22/actualidad/1337673703_208589.html

Big Ben
26th May 2012, 19:08
You've got your answer race. Now is there a right leaning Spanish guy in here to tell us the other side of the story so we could understand where the middle point is and find out the truth.

donKey jote
26th May 2012, 19:11
you could always ask Priorat :p

pino
26th May 2012, 19:22
Not in this thread thank you :p :

donKey jote
26th May 2012, 19:25
hehe

race aficionado
26th May 2012, 21:22
Thanks for the information.

Sent from my iPhone

Garry Walker
28th May 2012, 18:50
But upsets like that are why football is exciting. Chelsea being set up to defend and then counter-attack is what made the semi-final so exciting.

Did you see the quarter-final between Barcelona and Leverkusen? Bayer Leverkusen tried to go toe-to-toe with Barca and got destroyed, and I found that game quite boring because the result was never in doubt. The same could be said about last years UCL final between Barcelona and Man Utd.
I didn't see the leverkusen game, but I would love if every team tried to play like Barca and actually played creative wonderful football. Imagine two really defensive teams playing, how interesting would that be?
I actually thought the semi-finals were not that great, with one team being on the defensive all the time and just waiting for an opportunity. That is not proper football.

Brown, Jon Brow
28th May 2012, 19:41
I didn't see the leverkusen game, but I would love if every team tried to play like Barca and actually played creative wonderful football. Imagine two really defensive teams playing, how interesting would that be?
I actually thought the semi-finals were not that great, with one team being on the defensive all the time and just waiting for an opportunity. That is not proper football.

But I think the way Barca play probably encourages other teams to approach the game in a defensive (yes defensive, not anti-football :p ) way. In last years Champions League final Manchester United took on Barca by playing a positive 4-4-2 formation yet hardly managed to get out of their own half. United didn't approach the game to defend, they were just forced to defend by Barcelona's dominance.

http://i.imgur.com/mrb9E.jpg

Excellent view from the new Wolves stand.

Garry Walker
28th May 2012, 20:06
But I think the way Barca play probably encourages other teams to approach the game in a defensive (yes defensive, not anti-football :p ) way. In last years Champions League final Manchester United took on Barca by playing a positive 4-4-2 formation yet hardly managed to get out of their own half. United didn't approach the game to defend, they were just forced to defend by Barcelona's dominance.

http://i.imgur.com/mrb9E.jpg

Excellent view from the new Wolves stand.
That just proves that Barca is by far the best team in the world.

donKey jote
31st May 2012, 19:24
Et tu, Buffon ? :eek: :s

pino
31st May 2012, 20:35
Et tu, Buffon ? :eek: :s

Newspaper's rubbish ;)

donKey jote
31st May 2012, 21:35
I thought as much when I saw it in Marca :p

odykas
1st June 2012, 09:04
I thought as much when I saw it in Marca :p

Serious newspaper, full of bias :hmph: :p :

1st June 2012, 10:20
Obviously, most Burberry Small Bridle Property Check Crossbody Bag Juniper of them are loaded, they would like to inform other people his or her interpersonal position or perhaps success with this approach. As well as the expense of all their devices are very large to ensure that many of us normal people cannot afford that.Burberry products are made utilizing extremely reliable and finest quality leather and undergo your certified makers. Burberry handbags outlet play a huge role for making you lovely as well as smart. They extremely well-known around the globe and the the majority of popular items inside the style industry. Even though burberry luggage on sale could possibly always be inexpensive when compared with other custom made totes, they're however rather pricey. burberry outlet store (http://www.burberryoutletmarket.net/)burberry handbags (http://www.burberryoutletmarket.net/)burberry sale (http://www.burberryoutletmarket.net/)burberry outlet:$88 Cheap Burberry Outlet,Burberry Outlet Online,Beautiful Burberry Sale (http://www.burberryoutletmarket.net/) ae4177fbfb52fc9e64fe206

steveaki13
10th June 2012, 23:04
Away from Euros....

Ronaldo was upset after losing to Germany 1-0 in the Euro's.

He spoke to the heavens and said "Dear God why oh why did Portugal lose this game?"

There was no reply because God was busy scoring a hattrick against Brazil. ;)

Lionel Messi Hat-trick (Brazil 3-4 Argentina) Amistoso 09/06/2012 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W9g4Z02vw8&feature=relmfu)

odykas
11th June 2012, 13:06
:up: :D

odykas
12th June 2012, 10:21
According to rumors, Juventus are considering Schevchenko as a potential replacement of Del Piero :p :

Rollo
13th June 2012, 14:55
Rangers in crisis: the final whistle sounds on Rangers (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9327256/Rangers-in-crisis-the-final-whistle-sounds-on-Rangers-140-years-of-history.html)
“What we’ll be seeking to do as soon as possible following that rejection is to finalise and formalise the sale of the business and assets, effectively picking up everything that is currently residing in Rangers plc and moving it to a new company which will then become the corporate shell for Rangers FC.
“The whole point is not to allow the football club to do anything other than exist. It’s just to change the name over the door if you will.”
- The Daily Telegraph, 12th Jun 2012

Wow... just plain wow.
Rangers and Celtic were supposed to be one of those immovable millstones but I guess even Rangers can be swept away.
I wonder if that means that Celtic is now unbackable for the SPL title? Moreover, if Rangers are forced to start over, how long before the next Old Firm derby and is it the end for Scottish Football as a thing?

N4D13
14th June 2012, 21:41
Rangers in crisis: the final whistle sounds on Rangers (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9327256/Rangers-in-crisis-the-final-whistle-sounds-on-Rangers-140-years-of-history.html)
“What we’ll be seeking to do as soon as possible following that rejection is to finalise and formalise the sale of the business and assets, effectively picking up everything that is currently residing in Rangers plc and moving it to a new company which will then become the corporate shell for Rangers FC.
“The whole point is not to allow the football club to do anything other than exist. It’s just to change the name over the door if you will.”
- The Daily Telegraph, 12th Jun 2012

Wow... just plain wow.
Rangers and Celtic were supposed to be one of those immovable millstones but I guess even Rangers can be swept away.
I wonder if that means that Celtic is now unbackable for the SPL title? Moreover, if Rangers are forced to start over, how long before the next Old Firm derby and is it the end for Scottish Football as a thing?
Meanwhile, some Spanish teams are more than € 90M in debt and it seems to be OK...

pino
15th August 2012, 20:41
Friendly match in Bern :

England - Italy 2-1

Meanwhile its confirmed: RVP will play for United who will pay Arsenal £24 :s

donKey jote
16th August 2012, 00:19
Meanwhile, some Spanish teams are more than € 90M in debt and it seems to be OK...

bunch of donkeys... they should make them all play at 2:00am :p

gadjo_dilo
16th August 2012, 07:20
Friendly match in Bern :

England - Italy 2-1

Never thought I'd live the day when in squadra azzura I'd find an exotic name like El Shaarawi. :laugh:

Mintexmemory
16th August 2012, 09:46
Friendly match in Bern :

England - Italy 2-1

Meanwhile its confirmed: RVP will play for United who will pay Arsenal £24 :s

As an Englishman, we only beat Italy when it doesn't matter
As a Gooner since 1964 (which if you're quick and slick at arithmetic makes me ancient) I'm glad to see the back of the disruptive mercenary and hope we find a disruptive mercenary like Llorente to rplace him for a smaller wage.

pino
16th August 2012, 10:05
Never thought I'd live the day when in squadra azzura I'd find an exotic name like El Shaarawi. :laugh:

He was born in Italy and his mum is from Savona so he's 100% Italian

gadjo_dilo
16th August 2012, 10:20
He was born in Italy and his mum is from Savona so he's 100% Italian.

Aha....
So his father hasn't any contribution.

donKey jote
17th August 2012, 16:25
which one? :andrea:

pino
17th August 2012, 19:00
Premier League starts tomorrow, who's you favorite ? I will support City and Balo again :D

donKey jote
17th August 2012, 21:54
I like Balocotelli too, specially against Germany :up:

Brown, Jon Brow
19th August 2012, 14:21
Man Utd should be exciting to watch this year. Their defence is as shoddy as last year but they have the potential to score goals galore with Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck and now Van Persie :D

gadjo_dilo
20th August 2012, 07:17
There are two teams that I support since I was a kid and one of them is Liverpool. I'll always be a fan even if they aren't as glorious as in the past.

pino
20th August 2012, 09:46
Yesterdays City - Soton 3-2 was a scary match...but not as scary as Milan-Juve 2-3 ;)

Big Ben
21st August 2012, 07:23
Disappointing display by United last night... the same sterile, ineffective and dull style they've shown so often last season :(

odykas
22nd August 2012, 15:07
New season is coming!
As expected, I will support all Real + Mou opponents :D

pino
22nd August 2012, 15:24
Same here plus my beloved Juventus :D

Mintexmemory
22nd August 2012, 16:10
Suspect the van Persie / Song money will be spent very soon ;) Come on you Gunners

donKey jote
23rd August 2012, 23:45
Valdés you donkey ! :mad: :laugh:

race aficionado
24th August 2012, 05:23
Mourinho, what a Donkey!!!

odykas
24th August 2012, 08:20
3 -2 :D

Mourinho, our loyal customer is back http://www.smileys.me.uk/smileys/Banana/bye.gif

Big Ben
24th August 2012, 08:48
Mourinho, what a Donkey!!!

What did he do?

pino
24th August 2012, 09:42
He says Barca first scoring was offside...the usual Mou ;)

Big Ben
24th August 2012, 12:29
Well... don't you just love to hate him?

gadjo_dilo
24th August 2012, 12:54
He seemed to be nice and friendly when he came here.

race aficionado
24th August 2012, 14:47
What did he do?

This will always be enough of a reason for me to always consider him a donkey.

José Mourinho pokes Tito Vilanova in the eye - Barcelona vs Real Madrid Supercopa de España 2011 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEMR2lMirMM)

race aficionado
24th August 2012, 14:56
On another note, I'm really bummed out that after years of having access to La Liga's games and having the privilege of enjoying my Wednesdays and weekends seeing my favorite team in action - it now turns out that Gol TV and ESPN sports are no longer carrying the games.
The rights were purchased by beIN Sports which my carrier doesn't cover :( :mad:

The Super Copa was carried fortunately by ESPN sports but this weekend I will be screwed.

Hopefully Manhattan Cable will jump in to make more money and charge us more for an extra channel option.

I will pay. Give me my Liga please.

odykas
24th August 2012, 15:29
There's no need to pay race!

There's a thingy called internet that provides plenty of free streaming feeds :D

race aficionado
24th August 2012, 16:04
So far my hunt has not been successful but I shall continue googling along.

odykas
26th August 2012, 12:29
Just saw Juve "goal" against Parma.

Here we go again! :devil:

pino
26th August 2012, 15:03
Just saw Juve "goal" against Parma.

Here we go again! :devil:

Here we go again...trying to bash my Juve :angryfire : ;) the ball was 100% inside and as soon as I get the video I will post it in here...just make sure you wear a pair of new glasses :p :

odykas
26th August 2012, 22:23
I guess you mean a pair of these! :p :

http://www.italiaindependent.com/media/filter/Immagine_gallery_640x360/transfer/img/juve_zebra_2.jpg

pino
26th August 2012, 22:44
I guess you mean a pair of these! :p :

http://www.italiaindependent.com/media/filter/Immagine_gallery_640x360/transfer/img/juve_zebra_2.jpg

Exactly ;)

Meanwhile in the Liga...Getafe-Real Madrid 2-1 :laugh:

Big Ben
27th August 2012, 11:16
Pepe Assassino wasn't there to take care of the Getafe's attackers.

odykas
27th August 2012, 11:29
I'm sure Mou will find plenty of excuses :laugh:

donKey jote
27th August 2012, 11:58
boo hoo :bigcry:
:laugh:

donKey jote
29th August 2012, 22:19
balls :mad:

masscherano does a rare donkey :(
cristiano does a waka waka on Pique :(
adriano gets a red card :(

and then comes MESSIIIIIIII :D

2-1 at half time, barca with 10 men :/

donKey jote
29th August 2012, 23:25
oh well... RM take it on away goals after Messi's final shot goes just wide :dozey:

Barca could have easily lost by many but then seemed to play better with 10 !
Mou will be pleased with the result but not so much with his team's game for the last 60 minutes. They let Barca off the hook and could have paid for it dearly...

race aficionado
30th August 2012, 05:46
Dang!

Big Ben
30th August 2012, 07:45
CFR Cluj beats Basel again and plays in the Champions League this year :) . I've rarely seen a team with a bigger arrogance/achievements ratio than Basel. Boy I really enjoy when they lose.

odykas
30th August 2012, 09:04
Where was the defense? :mad:

pino
30th August 2012, 18:03
Iniesta wins 2012 player of the years award :up:

Ronaldo not happy at all :p :

donKey jote
30th August 2012, 19:51
ronaldo sloppy third :laugh:

pino
30th August 2012, 20:02
ronaldo sloppy third :laugh:

You should have seen his face when winner was announced :p :

Big Ben
30th August 2012, 20:16
Man United plays the last game at home against CFR Cluj. The question is what do I do to get to Old Trafford on 5/6 of December? :)

donKey jote
30th August 2012, 20:35
You should have seen his face when winner was announced :p :

I tried on marca, but got IP-blocked :mad: :p

odykas
31st August 2012, 08:54
He got what he deserved! :D :laugh: