PDA

View Full Version : I will probably be banned for this but... Footie Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Brown, Jon Brow
8th February 2012, 20:41
Bring back Sven!

Malbec
8th February 2012, 20:52
Capello resigns as England manager, nice call Fabio...they don't deserve you :up: :p :

I suspect when he took the job he didn't realise what a bunch of kids he'd be having to sort out.

Will be interesting to see if Harry Redknapp gets the job though, apparently he has a LOT of skeletons in his closet even if he beats the tax evasion charges he's currently facing.

Alexamateo
8th February 2012, 20:55
Redknapp has been cleared, so he's innocent. Well, at least of Tax evasion. :)

Brown, Jon Brow
8th February 2012, 21:01
Capello's biggest issue was that he can barely speak English, even after 4 years in the job.

pino
8th February 2012, 21:50
Capello's biggest issue was that he can barely speak English, even after 4 years in the job.

Wrong ! Fabio is a great coach and his curriculum prove it, his issue was english players average skills...

Brown, Jon Brow
8th February 2012, 22:54
Wrong ! Fabio is a great coach and his curriculum prove it, his issue was english players average skills...

But he was never able to prove his greatness because he could barely communicate with the players.

I'd like to see The Special One in the job! :p

driveace
9th February 2012, 07:02
The players had a big job understanding his comments from the side of the pitch too.When you have an Italian with not a good grasp of English,dealing with Prima Donna,s,who are not the best educated,then you have a big problem! And when Fabio can see NO wrong in John Terry,then the F A have a problem .

odykas
9th February 2012, 08:24

I think his biggest issue was that he never managed to put a team together.
Just remember WC 2010.

odykas
16th February 2012, 18:52
Milan - Arsenal : 4 - 0 :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
16th February 2012, 21:46
A year ago Arsenal beat Barcelona.

That midfield contained - Nasri, Cesc and Wilshere. They've gone backwards.

Alexamateo
17th February 2012, 00:10
I bought a Robin Van Persie serving platter the other day, it can carry ten mugs. :p

pino
21st February 2012, 19:31
CL tonight : Napoli vs Chelsea anyone ? :D

odykas
22nd February 2012, 16:24
Go Napoli :D

I'll be at work :blackeye:

pino
22nd February 2012, 16:49
Go Napoli :D

I'll be at work :blackeye:

Too bad for you it was an exciting match, and ther score could've been bigger if wasn't for Cech ;)

odykas
23rd February 2012, 17:13
I always enjoy it when Chelsea get what they deserve.
Maybe because they remind me arrogant Moo! :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
24th February 2012, 18:16
Man Utd almost manage to throw away a 3 goal lead against Ajax last night. Uniteds form at home in Europe has been shocking this year.

Allyc85
26th February 2012, 16:00
Sooooo is there any Spurs fans on here?! :bounce: :laugh: :bounce: :laugh: :bounce:

pino
26th February 2012, 16:25
Sooooo is there any Spurs fans on here?! :bounce: :laugh: :bounce: :laugh: :bounce:

Why what's happent ?

Allyc85
26th February 2012, 17:45
Arsenal stufffed them 5-2 after being 2-0 down :D :D

Match Report | Arsenal v Tottenham - 26th February 2012 | Sky Sports | Football News (http://www.skysports.com/football/match_report/0,,11065_3472004,00.html)

Rollo
26th February 2012, 19:18
Way to keep your fans tense Liverpool. Go behind 1-0 before equalising, then go 2-1 in extra time before letting them equalise, then go to penalties and miss the first two.

Cardiff really should have won that 2-1 in regular time if it wasn't for Miller's horrible shooting radar. I bet on the train back to Wales, he won't want anyone sitting next to him.

Brown, Jon Brow
26th February 2012, 21:08
Why what's happent ?

Walcott actually scored a goal!

Make that TWO goals! :eek:

Allyc85
26th February 2012, 21:14
Which in the league makes it 5 for the season with 9 assists, which is 5 more goals and 9 more assists than say Downing, who im told by Liverpool fans is a much better player ;)

But well done to Liverpool for winning the Carling Cup, gutting for Cardiff though after pushing them so far!

Brown, Jon Brow
26th February 2012, 21:20
I say Lennon and Young are better than both. :p

Alexamateo
26th February 2012, 23:05
Man U wins 2-1 with goals from Giggs and Scholes. Wait!? What year is this? :D

cali
27th February 2012, 10:47
Class of '92 - The Golden Boys

Brown, Jon Brow
27th February 2012, 11:53

It is great that those two are still performing at this level at the age they are. Who would bet against Giggs getting 1000 appearances? But some of Man Utds young players have to start and take some of the responsibility. Welbeck should have scored 3 yesterday.

odykas
28th February 2012, 13:49
Giggs and Scholes still play.

:p :

veeten
29th February 2012, 21:40
Italy 0- USA 1 :D

donKey jote
29th February 2012, 22:27
England 2- Holland 3 :D
Germany 1 - France 2 :D
Spain 5 - some other country 0 :D

Brown, Jon Brow
29th February 2012, 22:58
Bloody Robben! I hate football! :(

Alexamateo
1st March 2012, 00:34
Bloody Robben! I hate football! :(

How'd you let that 60 year old man beat you! :p :

odykas
1st March 2012, 09:18
Greece - Belgium : 1 - 1 :s nore:

Germany - France : 1 - 2 :D

pino
4th March 2012, 17:18
Goodbye Villas-Boas you deserve it...next one please :p :

cali
4th March 2012, 20:28
To be honest, Germany played with very experimental squad as many fist11 players were rested. Holland beating England was not a surprise either given their previous history and the situation in PL where most of the top players are non-english.

Abramovich was too patient with AVB, but he must understand that he needs to also clean up his squad (bad blood in the dressing room).

Brown, Jon Brow
5th March 2012, 11:24
Holland beating England was not a surprise either given their previous history and the situation in PL where most of the top players are non-english.

So how is it that nearly all of Englands starting XI against the Netherlands is a starter for one of the top clubs in the PL? A majority of the England team the other night came from the top 3 sides in the PL: Man City, Man Utd and Tottenham. In the biggest game this weekend between Tottenham and Man Utd all the goalscorers were English (Rooney, Young and Defoe). Manchester United have 8/9 English players in their starting XI most weeks.

The cause of Englands rubbishness at international level has nothing to do with the numbers of foreign players in the PL. It is because we don't teach our players properly from a young age and because international football is completely different from the Premier League.

For the past 50 years England have focused on direct play, even from the ages of under 11s. Players are never taught to keep possession, they are told to hit the ball long and hope the fast kid upfront can out pace the defender and score. The result is that England end up with pacey players who are technically inept. This doesn't matter in the Premier League because the combination of pacey English players (Lennon, Walcott, Young, Sturridge etc) works well with the technical non-English players who can keep possession (Modric, Sergio Aguero, Mata etc). But at international level England are very compromised.

cali
5th March 2012, 19:51
So how is it that nearly all of Englands starting XI against the Netherlands is a starter for one of the top clubs in the PL? A majority of the England team the other night came from the top 3 sides in the PL: Man City, Man Utd and Tottenham. In the biggest game this weekend between Tottenham and Man Utd all the goalscorers were English (Rooney, Young and Defoe). Manchester United have 8/9 English players in their starting XI most weeks.

The cause of Englands rubbishness at international level has nothing to do with the numbers of foreign players in the PL. It is because we don't teach our players properly from a young age and because international football is completely different from the Premier League.

For the past 50 years England have focused on direct play, even from the ages of under 11s. Players are never taught to keep possession, they are told to hit the ball long and hope the fast kid upfront can out pace the defender and score. The result is that England end up with pacey players who are technically inept. This doesn't matter in the Premier League because the combination of pacey English players (Lennon, Walcott, Young, Sturridge etc) works well with the technical non-English players who can keep possession (Modric, Sergio Aguero, Mata etc). But at international level England are very compromised.

So you agree with me then? :D
That's why you have too many non-english top players (creative players). And I'm a huge England fan, but recently it has become more evident that the politics in FA, press and a nations wish is too much for the players to handle. You take football too seriously and not much fun is left in the game.

Alexamateo
5th March 2012, 23:50
If you read the book Soccernomics,the authors point out that based on population, income,and experience, England actually performs better than expected most of the time. It's just that in Soccer-mad England, its fans expect it to win everything, every time. I say this, your country won the World Cup in 1966 and is regarded as one of the best all-time,you should enjoy it.

It's like college football over here. My dad is always bemoaning his alma mater the University of Tennessee, how they always let him down, but I tell him he should be happy. They have won the National Championship twice in his lifetime, 1951 and 1998. I always tell him that I wish my school (Mississippi State) had even a third of the success Tennessee has had

Brown, Jon Brow
6th March 2012, 12:34
If you read the book Soccernomics,the authors point out that based on population, income,and experience, England actually performs better than expected most of the time. It's just that in Soccer-mad England, its fans expect it to win everything, every time. I say this, your country won the World Cup in 1966 and is regarded as one of the best all-time,you should enjoy it.

Spain, Argentina, Netherlands, Portugal, Uruguay - All countries with smaller populations than England, but they consistently produce better players than England does.

I don't think England expects their country to win everytime, we just demand that they give 100%. The last few tournaments England have been to it looked like the players just didn't want to be there.

steveaki13
7th March 2012, 23:10
What a player Lionel Messi is...

I know Leverkusen were poor, but to score 5 goals in a champions league knock out game against a top level German side.

He is reaching new levels.

Thats 53 Goals for club and country in 49 games.
48 Barcelona Goals just 6 needed to top last years total

Awesome

race aficionado
8th March 2012, 17:16
What a player Lionel Messi is...
Awesome

Yep, Messi rocks.

Who knows the answers to this.

3 goals in one game is called a hat trick. why?
4 goals in one game is called a pocker. why?
5 goals in one game is called a ?. why?

I know I could probably google it . . . . but, where is the fun then?
:s mokin:

donKey jote
8th March 2012, 20:04
in Spain 5 goals are usually called a "manita" (as in a handful / 5 fingers), but I don't know if there's a special name when they're all scored by the same player...

pino
8th March 2012, 20:48
Messi= football genius :D

donKey jote
9th March 2012, 20:29
ManU :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Brown, Jon Brow
9th March 2012, 20:36

Just shows how far ahead the Spanish league is at the moment. Although I don't understand why the ref gave a free-kick for Evra's boot falling off.

race aficionado
9th March 2012, 21:46
Just shows how far ahead the Spanish league is at the moment. . . . .

Yep, that Copa del Rey final is going to be a good one.
:)

odykas
12th March 2012, 14:58

ManU got what they deserved :p :

donKey jote
12th March 2012, 21:19
you're saying they deserved the penalty awarded in extra time ? :p

Rollo
13th March 2012, 21:34
[sybil fawlty mode] Basel?! Basel?! oh Basel [/sybil fawlty mode]

Bayern are running rampant over Basel, they seven-blot up at the moment, which I guess is the perfect reply to being 1-0 at the end of the first leg. Gomez has netted four.

odykas
14th March 2012, 12:17
Bayern should save some energy for the games against the big names.
Barca is not Basel ;)

race aficionado
14th March 2012, 13:35
. . . .
Barca is not Basel ;)

Indeed . . . but I enjoyed and was impressed with Basel's shining moments.

Brown, Jon Brow
15th March 2012, 22:34
Chelsea beat Napoli 4-1 in a thrilling match. They did play like a team for the first time in ages.

Both Manchester clubs drop out of the Thursday Night Cup. City almost make a stunning comeback against Sporting Lisbon, while United don't bother to turn up against Althetic Club.

odykas
16th March 2012, 12:13
ManU got what they deserved :p :

x2 :devil:

pino
16th March 2012, 13:40
CL draw, Milan vs Barca :s

donKey jote
16th March 2012, 13:53
CL draw, Nicosia vs Real Moudrid :s

pino
16th March 2012, 14:33
Go Milan Go Nicosia :p

odykas
16th March 2012, 15:46
Lucky Mou :mad:

Go APOEL :D :|

Ian McC
17th March 2012, 18:39
My thoughts go out to Fabrice Muamba's family, the Bolton players and fans, lets hope there is some good news yet :(

Allyc85
17th March 2012, 19:17
Not good at all, fingers and everything crossed for him :(

steveaki13
20th March 2012, 22:29
Lionel Messi scores his 20th goal in 8 games (club & country) and breaks the Barca scoring record. What a legend.

Also Best wishes to Muamba and his Family

odykas
21st March 2012, 14:46
Messi = King of Football :champion:

race aficionado
22nd March 2012, 04:01
Did any of you see the RM and Mourinho meltdown today? it was unreal and this is just the beginning.

La Liga is a happening place with Barcelona inspired and Real Madrid imploding.

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd March 2012, 09:19
Liverpool 2-0 up againt QPR with 13 minutes to play and lose 2-3! :laugh:

Man City come down from a goal down to beat Chelsea 2-1 :(

The PL might not be at the same level as La Liga in terms of skill this season but some of the games this year have been incredible. Mostly due to some comedy defending.

pino
22nd March 2012, 19:10
Mourinho...porque ? :p :

Rollo
23rd March 2012, 21:01
Heard this on the Championship highlights show, in the match between Ipswich and Burnley:

Gran paid for your hats,
Gran paid for your haaaaaaaaats,
Hester didn't pay Income Tax,
So Gran paid for your hats

Given Osbourne's cut of tax rates at the top and what the papers have been calling a "Granny Tax", I never realised that Ipswich of all places would be so political... back the tractors then, what?

odykas
27th March 2012, 13:16
Milan vs Barca match is coming :D

I need to check beer supplies :p :

pino
27th March 2012, 13:47
Too many injuries for Milan so no chances for them !

steveaki13
27th March 2012, 19:45
Milan must be aware of the form of the "Flea". They have no chance (I hope)

odykas
28th March 2012, 08:08
Lucky Mou :mad:

pino
28th March 2012, 19:11
Forza Milan ! :D

odykas
29th March 2012, 09:26
Yesterday Barca was not the usual Barca and Milan played well in defense.

Now anything can happen since 0 - 0 is a risky score.

donKey jote
29th March 2012, 12:37
Yep. I guess that's what happens when you play on an italian potato field :p

steveaki13
31st March 2012, 20:09
Yesterday Barca was not the usual Barca and Milan played well in defense.

Now anything can happen since 0 - 0 is a risky score.

Yes It has got me worried.

I really hope Barcelona can progress and Milans tactics can't hold out at Nou Camp.

odykas
2nd April 2012, 09:38
A colleague brought us Crema Catalana today. :lips:
Coincidence... I don't think so... maybe an omen :p :

Storm
2nd April 2012, 15:27
:D :up:

pino
2nd April 2012, 18:02
You guys will be disappointed...Forza Milan :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
2nd April 2012, 22:49
Manchester United go 5 points clear of Manchester City after a 2-0 win over Blackburn. City play Arsenal next, could be be tricky for them.

pino
3rd April 2012, 17:30
So any predictions for tonight ? I say 1-1 :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd April 2012, 19:47
So any predictions for tonight ? I say 1-1 :p :

If only it is less boring than the first leg.

pino
3rd April 2012, 20:33
If only that crappy referee stops to help Barca by giving penalties...

odykas
3rd April 2012, 20:40
Stupid ref :s

steveaki13
3rd April 2012, 22:03
Barcelona deserved it though, In my opinion on goals it was 1-1 but I think one penalty was correct so thats 2-1, and the many more chances Barca had deserves the 3-1.

I hope Chelsea can make it through, be interesting to see how they deal with barca, as I feel Chelsea aren't really that strong at the moment.

odykas
3rd April 2012, 22:18
My analysis: :o

1st penalty: stupid Milan defender + right decision from the ref
2nd penalty: stupid Milan defender + stupid ref

Overall, for a second time it wasn't the performance I expected from Barca. I hope they improve before the semi finals.

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd April 2012, 22:40
Not Benfica or Chelsea have the ability to match Barca over two legs.

Bayern versus Real Madrid will be a great Semi-Final.

Storm
4th April 2012, 08:34
2nd penalty was soft + we never got to see proper replays...Add Busquets and I am always nervous due to his play-acting ability. Of course he will meet his master Drogba in the semis. This time I want to see Barça destroy Chelsea unlike the heart-stopping semi-final of 2009

pino
4th April 2012, 08:44
2nd penalty was a joke, if Milan went to the break with 1-1 we would have seen a different match in the 2nd half. However still think Barca deserved, but it's time referee stops to help them...they don't need it :rolleyes:

pino
4th April 2012, 08:45
Btw nice to hear from you again Storm ;)

janneppi
4th April 2012, 15:40
2nd penalty was soft + we never got to see proper replays...Add Busquets and I am always nervous due to his play-acting ability. Of course he will meet his master Drogba in the semis. This time I want to see Barça destroy Chelsea unlike the heart-stopping semi-final of 2009
You know how you could get rid of most of the shirt pulling? Massive mickey mouse gloves. Or better yet, straight jackets for all players except goalies. ;)

donKey jote
4th April 2012, 16:22
straight jackets for all Italian players :up:
Remember Tassotti '94 ? :p

donKey jote
4th April 2012, 16:28
2nd penalty was a joke, if Milan went to the break with 1-1 we would have seen a different match in the 2nd half.

even my brother-in-law (a Real fanatic :eek: ) saw it as a clear penalty... a joke, a stupid one, but tug a guy's shirt like that inside the area in front of the ref and you should know you risk it being called.
And it makes up for the ones not awarded in Milan ;) :p

pino
4th April 2012, 17:21
even my brother-in-law (a Real fanatic :eek: ) saw it as a clear penalty... a joke, a stupid one, but tug a guy's shirt like that inside the area in front of the ref and you should know you risk it being called.

Just a second before that there was a fault by Puyol but the referee only saw what he wanted to see...the penalty in Barca favour. I repeat myself, congrats Barca but it's time referee stops to help them, it's happent too many times in the last 5 years !

donKey jote
4th April 2012, 18:03
it's happent too many times in the last 5 years !
por qué ? :p

steveaki13
4th April 2012, 18:34
And it makes up for the ones not awarded in Milan ;) :p

I agree.

I mean people now just accept shirt pulling at corners.
Then why can't people give a tug in open play??? Then just hold shirts all the time.

If its a penalty to tug a shirt when a guy is sprinting for goal, then it should be a penalty if you tug a shirt of a guy diving for a header.

IMO.

pino
4th April 2012, 19:22
aki, the penalty was given because it was in Barca favour, if it was in Milan favour I am 100% sure that he would've been ignored...especially at Nou Camp ;)

donKey jote
4th April 2012, 19:32
yep... and he was holding on to Busquet's shirt only to avoid going down after being wildly fouled by Puyol :p

donKey jote
4th April 2012, 21:16
aki, the penalty was given because it was in Barca favour, if it was in Milan favour I am 100% sure that he would've been ignored...especially at Nou Camp ;)
Possibly, like -among others- the clear tug on Puyol was ignored in Milan? ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
4th April 2012, 22:22

Barca got lucky in the 2009 semi-final. Chelsea deserved to win that time but the ref didn't have a good game.

I think Barca were very lucky to get that second penalty decision last night. One of the weakest fouls I've seen given in a long time.

Brown, Jon Brow
4th April 2012, 22:38
And Man Utd thought they were Barcelona the other night.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/535883_337133163011020_114682465256092_962865_6505 57517_n.jpg

Play lots of boring short passes, play some more boring passes, play some more boring passes, opposition falls asleep - score goal.

steveaki13
4th April 2012, 23:01
Watch out Chelsea, the little magician is coming to get you!!! ;)

odykas
5th April 2012, 07:15
Mou didn't miss the opportunity to say some words about Barca, again.

He never stops to amuse us :p :

Storm
5th April 2012, 14:09
Btw nice to hear from you again Storm ;)

:cool:

However still think Barca deserved, but it's time referee stops to help them
you sound like Mourinho...or Ibrahimovic - if they can't win in the camp nou its everybody else's fault but not theirs.
btw the refs can't help Juve now so they have to find another team ;)

Storm
5th April 2012, 14:13
Barca got lucky in the 2009 semi-final. Chelsea deserved to win that time but the ref didn't have a good game.
lucky again......like Ian Chappell (only brits and aussies will know him) said once , you make your own luck...and when barca are camped up in the opposition D all the bloody time, they are bound to get a few decisions, ;lucky deflections and what not as they try to score ALL the time.. unlike bloody Chelsea.

I think Barca were very lucky to get that second penalty decision last night. One of the weakest fouls I've seen given in a long time.
yes, lucky to get that penalty, very unlucky NOT to get the penalty when Sanchez was uppended by Abbiati in Milan. so it evened out I think. Plus do you think Barca might not have scored even if denied that penalty? They did score another goal afterall...20 attempts v 3 for Milan.

pino
5th April 2012, 15:00
Storm my friend, no going to fight with you for stupid Barca or Milan...I am a Juve fan after all :s mokin:

j2etPUmHUbs&feature

Storm
5th April 2012, 17:49
stupid song :p and where the hell is Baggio? I think I saw him for 1 millisecond at the end!

Brown, Jon Brow
5th April 2012, 21:50
lucky again......like Ian Chappell (only brits and aussies will know him) said once , you make your own luck...and when barca are camped up in the opposition D all the bloody time, they are bound to get a few decisions, ;lucky deflections and what not as they try to score ALL the time.. unlike bloody Chelsea.

If you made your own luck then it wouldn't be called luck... :p

If I remember the 2009 semi-final correctly Chelsea had 4 penalty claims (all stronger claims than the 2nd one against Milan) turned away by the ref. (And Chesea had more shots)

Storm
6th April 2012, 09:16
So you forgot all the Drogba antics and Anelka who got Abidal sent off by falling over himself if I remember...hmm

Brown, Jon Brow
6th April 2012, 10:09
So you forgot all the Drogba antics and Anelka who got Abidal sent off by falling over himself if I remember...hmm

So it's only acceptable for Barca players to play act? :laugh:

I can't believe that I, as a Man Utd fan, is defending Chelsea.

Brown, Jon Brow
6th April 2012, 10:15
Storm my friend, no going to fight with you for stupid Barca or Milan...I am a Juve fan after all :s mokin:

j2etPUmHUbs&feature

I do miss the classic Champions League games in the late 1990's between Man Utd and Juventus.

7gehzhS6Vzo

pino
6th April 2012, 10:37
I do miss the classic Champions League games in the late 1990's between Man Utd and Juventus.

7gehzhS6Vzo

Tell me about it...we will be there next year stronger than never ;)

Storm
6th April 2012, 14:49
So it's only acceptable for Barca players to play act? :laugh:

I can't believe that I, as a Man Utd fan, is defending Chelsea.

that was my point, actually
that people seem to remember the bad refereeing and play acting by Barca (Busquets and Alves are the culprits usually..not seen many others do it) but don't remember anything by Chelsea?

odykas
6th April 2012, 14:50
That guy Kuipers would be a good option for Juve.
Too bad he's not Italian :p :

8th April 2012, 22:40
I perfectly remember that day when I understood that my time for erectile dysfunction came. viagra sale cheap parksville ,bestsellers u.s. virgin islands (http://alltimexxl.com/dr.viagra/bestsellers-u.s.-virgin-islands.html) ,Make sure you know enough not to panic if you suddenly face problems with potency. Get ready! ,viagra super active st. paul (http://medx.mpillsx.com/viagra-super-active-st.-paul.html) Let your penis a chance to become sexualy active and indulge into some pleasure! sale levitra ,what's levitra (http://xmedonline365.net/what's-levitra.html) ,Only 30 percent of all the men in America have no problems with sexual performance. ,busik online viagra (http://alltimexxl.com/busik-online-viagra.html) Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience. physican prescribing lipitor ,viagra wife joke (http://alltimexxl.com/viagra-wife-joke.html) ,Actually every third sexually active man in the world faces problems with potency once. ,cheap propecia online (http://drugstore.vipworldpills.net/cheap-propecia-online.html) Both conventional and alternative remedies for erectile dysfunction are explored. Learn more now! the cheap viagra super active phoenix ,effects with prednisone (http://drugstore.vipworldpills.net/effects-with-prednisone.html) ,Fatty food, lots of alcohol and sedentary way of life is a sure way to impotence! Is it your choice? ,erectile dysfunction los angeles (http://xmedonline365.net/pills/erectile-dysfunction-los-angeles.html) This winter sales event is the best opportunity to improve your potency you’ve ever had!

steveaki13
8th April 2012, 23:02
Gap down to 4 points.

Its game on. Madrid getting nervous, tough games at Athletico and Bilbao then the Clasico.

The sextuplet is still on

donKey jote
8th April 2012, 23:05
now "only" 4 points behind with 7 matches still to play, including the big one at the Camp Nou in 2 weeks :D

donKey jote
8th April 2012, 23:06
Gap down to 4 points.

snap ! :laugh:

odykas
9th April 2012, 08:24
I hope Lucky Mou gets what he deserves :D

Btw, Juve on top of Serie A. Prepare for some noise :p :

donKey jote
9th April 2012, 11:10
eh? when were they let back in? :p

Brown, Jon Brow
9th April 2012, 11:20
POS CLUB P W D L GF GA GD PTS
1 Manchester United 32 25 4 3 78 27 51 79
2 Manchester City 32 22 5 5 75 26 49 71
3 Arsenal 32 19 4 9 63 41 22 61
4 Tottenham Hotspur 32 17 8 7 56 36 20 59
5 Chelsea 32 16 8 8 55 37 18 56
6 Newcastle United 32 16 8 8 48 42 6 56

Man Utd move 8 points clear after Arsenal beat City :D

donKey jote
9th April 2012, 11:24
Man Who? :p

odykas
9th April 2012, 11:27
Man Who? :p

+1 :D

Storm
9th April 2012, 13:25
^^Ah that team which FC Basel threw out of the CL. ;)
FCB = the letters that spell disaster for Man U in general.

Only 4 points yeah. If only for those stupid draws back in Nov/Dec/Jan.
I am in a right state - I might not be able to catch the clásico as I will be in an unknown hotel in an unknown (to me) city
(match time now confirmed as 20h CET on 21/4)
I will be in Delhi for the Barça v Chelsea game so I will probably get to see it...infact I might even hook up with Y!man (anybody remember him? :p : )

donKey jote
9th April 2012, 13:27
Y!Chief who? :p

pino
9th April 2012, 15:51

Still to early to make noise, you will hear it when the appropriated time arrives :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
9th April 2012, 23:36
^^Ah that team which FC Basel threw out of the CL. ;)
FCB = the letters that spell disaster for Man U in general.

2f0lRnnIUI0

Storm
10th April 2012, 06:35
I remember that Jon...it was a semifinal though.....Barça beats them in finals though...2 of them. :D

Brown, Jon Brow
10th April 2012, 11:33
I remember that Jon...it was a semifinal though.....Barça beats them in finals though...2 of them. :D

rc-l2dAdw-o

:p

donKey jote
10th April 2012, 19:42
1991? That was only just after you were born ! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I remember it well, watched it at Uni surrounded by Brits - I was in the UK after all ! :p

however, 20 years later... Barcelona gave us a hiding (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/13587100)
:D

Brown, Jon Brow
10th April 2012, 21:55
1991? That was only just after you were born ! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I remember it well, watched it at Uni surrounded by Brits - I was in the UK after all ! :p

however, 20 years later... Barcelona gave us a hiding (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/13587100)
:D

The 2011 final was the most painful game of football I've ever watched. Even worse than the 2009 final and even worse than Athletic Bilbao in the Europa League. But to fair I predicted a 3-0 defeat.

Who remebers the two 3-3 classics during the 1998/9 Champions League group stage?

race aficionado
10th April 2012, 22:12
Barça!!!!

That's what I'm talking about!

Let's see what my countryman Falcao can do to mess up Mou and his team tomorrow.

Je! je! ;)

Storm
11th April 2012, 05:46
c'mon Atleti :D

odykas
11th April 2012, 11:12
I hope Atletico do their duty against Mou :D

pino
11th April 2012, 16:21
Juve - Lazio then Atletico - Real tonight :bounce: l am going to prepare a nice dinner and a bottle of wine for this :D

donKey jote
11th April 2012, 18:46
nowhere near next week's Moudrid - Barcelona, but in some ways also a similar Dortmund-Bayern tonight for the Bundesliga title :)

donKey jote
11th April 2012, 21:30
balls ! :mad:
cristiano got a golazo :(

donKey jote
11th April 2012, 21:41
just when Atletico seemed to be having the best of the game :dozey:

oh well, at least Bayern lost, and Wigan won :laugh: :D

pino
11th April 2012, 21:54
Del Piero celebrate his 700 match for Juve with a crucial goal : Juve-Lazio 2-1 :D

donKey jote
11th April 2012, 21:59
Del Piero ? :eek: isn't he about 700 years old? :o :up:

pino
11th April 2012, 22:11
Only 38 and.... Athletico scores !!!!!!

donKey jote
11th April 2012, 22:12
YES falcaoooooooo :D

pino
11th April 2012, 22:13
Was going to say ADP is 38 but still the best :D

Brown, Jon Brow
11th April 2012, 22:21
Man Utd don't play Paul Scholes. Man Utd lose.

:(

donKey jote
11th April 2012, 22:24
big FAT balls!
another GOLAZO from cristiano ronaldo :(

donKey jote
11th April 2012, 22:42
stoopid Atléti conceding that penalty :(

race aficionado
11th April 2012, 22:49
Oh well.......
Stooooopid Ronaldo and his golazos.

Sent from my iPhone

donKey jote
11th April 2012, 22:50
if there's anyone I can't stand more than ronaldo it's poncey little ronaldita callejón :dozey:

Storm
12th April 2012, 06:28
their strutting after their goals is what got to me (at 0330 in the night really gets to you :angryfire )...oh well their is always next year. can never trust the colchoneros to do much in their derbi. Usually play their best against barca..idiots.

odykas
12th April 2012, 10:38
Atletico always lose hands down against Real.

Coincidence? I don't think so :mad:

Rollo
14th April 2012, 14:36
Liverpool 2 - Everton 1.
Liverpool are now playing for a domestic cup double through goals via the Racist and a Muppet.

Of all the three goals, two came as the result of mistakes and the other from a dead ball. The supposed quality of Semi-Final simply wasn't there from either side. I hope Liverpool come out to play against the London club they play but based on this performance, they won't be good enough.

pino
14th April 2012, 17:53
All this weekend italian games have been suspended, after Livorno's player Piermario Morosini 25 (years old) died following a pitch collapse in a Serie B match...

R.I.P Piermario :(

Storm
15th April 2012, 07:09
sad news. this is getting silly with cardiac problems with top athletes/players..
Cameroon player I think (Foe) last yr or before, then Muamba (who is lucky) and Morosini. so young too.

Brown, Jon Brow
15th April 2012, 11:25
sad news. this is getting silly with cardiac problems with top athletes/players..
Cameroon player I think (Foe) last yr or before, then Muamba (who is lucky) and Morosini. so young too.

The Cameroon player was Marc - Vivien Foe and he died in 2003.

My friend died last year of a sudden cardiac arrest. He was 22.

Muamba was incredibly fortunate that a cardiologist was in the stands, and that he was only a few miles away from one of the best chest hospitals in the world.

odykas
17th April 2012, 17:05
I cheer for Bayern once every 5 years (actually it depends on how often they play against Real M :laugh :)
But today is the day! :p :

Go Bayern! :D

donKey jote
17th April 2012, 21:37
Real lucky to finish with 11 men on the field...
donkeys for Ramos and Marcelo :p

odykas
18th April 2012, 10:05
Very good game by Bayern and I think they deserved more.

On the other hand the ref did not book Real players for some hard challeges :z

odykas
18th April 2012, 15:51
Tonight's' match-up:

Old Face of Mou vs Barca :p :

pino
18th April 2012, 18:35
Let's hope for a fair game and a fair...referee ;)

race aficionado
18th April 2012, 19:12
Game starts at 2:30pm NYC time.

Dam exciting if you ask me! :D

Vamos Barca!!!!!

Brown, Jon Brow
18th April 2012, 19:45
Weak link in the Chelsea side will be Mikel in CM.

donKey jote
18th April 2012, 20:24
Fox moaning about Chelsea's "italian-style" football :p

Brown, Jon Brow
18th April 2012, 20:27
Fox moaning about Chelsea's "italian-style" football :p

I've not seen any shirt-tugging at corner kicks.

donKey jote
18th April 2012, 20:32
drogba is worse than both busquets and dimaria combined when it comes to play acting :laugh:

donKey jote
and he scores :eek:

Brown, Jon Brow
Drogba!!!!

:p

Messi gives the ball away. 3 passes. Goal.

race aficionado
18th April 2012, 20:35
:(

donKey jote
18th April 2012, 20:37
Chelsea-Bayern anyone? :p

Brown, Jon Brow
18th April 2012, 20:41
And Barcelona should be 3-0 up.

donKey jote
18th April 2012, 20:43
bunch of donkeys :p

race aficionado
18th April 2012, 20:43
If you don't score, they score on you.

. . . or something like that.

Dang!

Vamos Barca!!!!!

EuroTroll
18th April 2012, 20:45
Chelsea-Bayern anyone? :p

I would like that! Those Spanish fussballers need a kick in their pants, don't you think Donks? :p

donKey jote
18th April 2012, 20:46
if you mean Real, yes, definitely ! :D

donKey jote
18th April 2012, 20:50
and it's now pissing down... not good for pretty-play :s

Brown, Jon Brow
18th April 2012, 20:52
and it's now pissing down... not good for pretty-play :s

Welcome to England. This is why we play the long-ball! :p

donKey jote
18th April 2012, 20:53
yep :laugh:

donKey jote
18th April 2012, 21:00
jaysus Cesc ! :crazy:

donKey jote
18th April 2012, 21:01
sorry, alexis :s

EuroTroll
18th April 2012, 21:01
Me likey Barca play, I must say..

Slippy, slippy :p

race aficionado
18th April 2012, 21:03
It's obvious who's the better team but that counts as zilch if they don't score.

Sent from my iPhone

pino
18th April 2012, 21:03
Can't believe Barca hasn't score yet :eek:

donKey jote
18th April 2012, 21:11
drogba trips over his dong :s

Brown, Jon Brow
18th April 2012, 21:11
Someone should make Drogba read 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf'.

donKey jote
18th April 2012, 21:15
guardian football (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/18/chelsea-barcelona-champions-league-live):

Drogba is down again, this time clasping his crotch, presumably because he's hurt somewhere and wants to comfort himself. Barça play on, as all teams should, but the ref stops so Drogba can receive the attention, which, of course, he alwasy relishes.
:laugh:

donKey jote
18th April 2012, 21:31
sheesh cech :up: puyi came close :crazy:

donKey jote
18th April 2012, 21:37
Arrrghh :o hit the post

donKey jote
18th April 2012, 21:38
well done chelsea, bit lucky but deserved anyway.
Barsa missed too many clear chances :o

Brown, Jon Brow
Well done Chelsea.

Ashley Cole was superb tonight.

EuroTroll
Enjoyed it. Good game! :up:

race aficionado
18th April 2012, 21:41
Dang!!!!

Oh well....

Dang!!!

Sent from my iPhone

pino
18th April 2012, 21:43
Viva il catenaccio :p : :s

donKey jote
18th April 2012, 21:45
:arrows: :p

odykas
19th April 2012, 09:18
Viva il catenaccio :p : :s

Mou tought them well :| :p :

pino
19th April 2012, 09:40
Di Matteo not Mou ;)

pino
21st April 2012, 10:47
"El Clasico" tonight...anyone ? :bounce: :D

donKey jote
21st April 2012, 13:31
nah, couldn't be bothered ;) :p

pino
21st April 2012, 15:58
nah, couldn't be bothered ;) :p

Estupido :p :

donKey jote
21st April 2012, 16:08
I take it you mean estupendo ! :p

pino
21st April 2012, 16:09
Ups sorry my Spanish is crap :p :

race aficionado
21st April 2012, 17:03
You guys are funny! . . . . or just plain drunk!

donKey jote
21st April 2012, 19:38
balls 0-1 :mad:

donKey jote
21st April 2012, 20:29
Alexis :D :bounce:
1-1 with 20 minutes to play

donKey jote
21st April 2012, 20:31
****e Ronaldo 1-2 :mad: :hot: :mad:

still 20 minutes to play

Brown, Jon Brow
21st April 2012, 20:36
Can't believe I'm not seeing this game!

donKey jote
21st April 2012, 20:36
internet stream ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
21st April 2012, 20:39
internet ;)

I have Sky Sports through Sky Go for the last 10 minutes. :)

Brown, Jon Brow
21st April 2012, 20:41
Barca are panicking. Playing direct! :eek:

donKey jote
21st April 2012, 20:42
balls. Weekus horribilis for Barca :(

donKey jote
21st April 2012, 20:49
+4 minutes til the end of the liga :p

donKey jote
21st April 2012, 20:53
bugger :mad: :dozey:

Brown, Jon Brow
21st April 2012, 20:55
Well done Real Madrid. I felt myself cheering Real on. Maybe I want Ronaldo back at United. :p

donKey jote
21st April 2012, 20:58
Both Real and Barcelona have only lost 1 home match this season... against each other ! :crazy:

race aficionado
bugger :mad: :dozey:

What Donks said.

donKey jote
Well done Real Madrid. I felt myself cheering Real on. Maybe I want Ronaldo back at United. :p

Go Bayern !! :p

Brown, Jon Brow
21st April 2012, 21:11
So Chelsea will feel Barcelona's fury on Tuesday. Or will two defeat in two games for Barcelona knock the teams confidence?

I hope all you guys realise that el Clasico is just a warm up for Manchester City v Manchester United next week! :p

donKey jote
21st April 2012, 22:30
Go City ! :p

pino
22nd April 2012, 10:02
What a crappy performance by Barca last night, it took me less than 5 min to figure out that it wasn't the usual Barca, sadly it happened vs Real and Mou :(

Hopefully will Juve give me some joy tonight vs Roma :D

btw Go City too :p :

Garry Walker
22nd April 2012, 10:09
What a crappy performance by Barca last night, it took me less than 5 min to figure out that it wasn't the usual Barca, sadly it happened vs Real and Mou :(

Yes. Real Madrid and ronaldo are the biggest bunch of diving bitches I have ever seen, really despise that team. Mou is obviously the icing on the cake.
Awful for Barca to lose to them :(

Hopefully one of my fav teams Bayern destroys them on wednesday.

pino
22nd April 2012, 14:47
Man U - Everton 4-4 ! :eek:

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd April 2012, 17:16
I hate football. Again. :(

odykas
23rd April 2012, 08:57
Where was the defence @ Barca ? :mad:

Oohhh let it be and ... go Bayern :p :

race aficionado
24th April 2012, 20:41
Holy Carambas!!!!!
Let's fill'er up in the second half.

Go Barca!!!!

Sent from my iPhone

race aficionado
24th April 2012, 21:45
That pretty much sucked!!!!!

And Messy with his third messed penalty of this season.

And hey! Wasn't it a hand ball in the box before Torre's great escape?

And what the hey, congrats Chelsey.

Big Ben
24th April 2012, 21:49
RIP football!

Big Ben
24th April 2012, 21:59
One thing I find quite annoying in these knockout stages is the away goals rule. It's almost as stupid as the DRS is in F1.

race aficionado
24th April 2012, 22:33
"God giveth & God taketh away"

"Messi giveth & Messi taketh away"

Ce la frik'n vie.

Sent from my iPhone

pino
25th April 2012, 10:20
One thing I find quite annoying in these knockout stages is the away goals rule. It's almost as stupid as the DRS is in F1.

I agree but Chelsea qualified to the final thanks their win at Stamford Bridge not the away goals ;) and btw I am a bit disappointed that you don't give credit to Chelsea for what they did...it was just an amazing performance that only happens once every 100 years :up:

Big Ben
25th April 2012, 12:25
I agree but Chelsea qualified to the final thanks their win at Stamford Bridge not the away goals ;) and btw I am a bit disappointed that you don't give credit to Chelsea for what they did...it was just an amazing performance that only happens once every 100 years :up:

That's true... in the end Chelsea scored more goals than Barca but at 2-1 they were out and had to push harder and take some risks which is pretty much why the last goal happened. They have extra time and penalties... i just don't get why they need to rely on this artificial tie breaker.

Credit or no credit... I'm not watching football because of teams like Chelsea...

pino
25th April 2012, 13:08
Again I agree that away goal rule is stupid and prevent good football but rule is there and it's for everyone. And btw neither do I watch football because of team like Chelsea...still they deserve credit for what they did.

odykas
25th April 2012, 17:09
I would give credits to Chelsea in case they played catenaccio for .. less than 170 mins. But they didn't ;)

Anyway, I think this series was in Barca's hands but the opportunity was missed due to poor performance, lack of effectiveness and luck.

fandango
25th April 2012, 19:04
Poor Barça are a bit frazzled and burnt out. I was at the match, and what was nice was that people still chanted their support at the end, something which isn't that typical in Camp Nou, I'm told.

Garry Walker
25th April 2012, 20:32
This referee needs a good kick in the arse.

pino
25th April 2012, 20:44
Totally agree with you Garry ! So far Bayern played a lot better than crappy Real and deserved more...

Garry Walker
25th April 2012, 20:53
Totally agree with you Garry ! So far Bayern played a lot better than crappy Real and deserved more...

That stupid idiot referee gave a penalty in favour of crybabies and yet didn't give one for a much more obvious hand for Bayern. Bayern really was robbed there.

Garry Walker
25th April 2012, 20:57
Man, it must be slippery there based on how easily the real madrid girls are falling down.

pino
25th April 2012, 21:35
This is the team which leads the best Liga in the World ??? :s

odykas
25th April 2012, 22:22
http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/banana/t0203.gif http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/banana/t0203.gif http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/banana/t0203.gif http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/banana/t0203.gif http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/banana/t0203.gif

Garry Walker
25th April 2012, 22:23
I think saying YES might be in order :D :D :D :D

pino
25th April 2012, 22:25
Yes Real is out !!! :bounce: :D

race aficionado
25th April 2012, 22:31
That feels sooooooo good!!!!!!!

Penalty wise I feel for Kaká - I like the guy - but Oh! how cool is that Cristiano misses his penalty and how cool is that Ramos messed it up.

My son is a rabid Bayern fan so I'm happy for him and the germans.

And I'm not ashamed to say that this makes Barca's loss less painful. I did not want RM to win the Champions. Mission accomplished.

race aficionado
26th April 2012, 03:55
I don't know about you guys but the Donks is inconspicuously desaparecido. (disappeared).

I hope that Barca's loss didn't throw him into the back end of his favorite booze joint.

Hey Donks! Que pasa?

Big Ben
26th April 2012, 07:51
That was sweet.
So nice to see Mou & Co. out... actually Mou & Pepe... I don't like RM but it's because these two I can't stand them.

pino
26th April 2012, 08:37
Race amigo I do hope Donkey isn't among the many who took their lives due to Real exit ;( :p :

Lousada
26th April 2012, 10:37

Once every 100 years? How about two years ago against Inter??

odykas
26th April 2012, 12:04
What a a performance by Bayern!
They outplayed Real in both matches and deserved more!
Imho, the best team this year in Champions League.

D-Type
26th April 2012, 12:08

Come to think of it, it's the opposite really.

The away goals rule is to avoid disrupting the TV schedules - if you delay a soap opera for a fottball match some of the TV audience complain. The motor racing equivalent is the one and a half hour rule. I agree that extra time and penalties is a proper football solution as you can't have a replay when the fans have travelled from so far away.

The DRS on the other hand is a totally artificial tool to 'improve the spectacle' - just one stage better than the NASCAR organiser who threw his hat onto the track to provoke a full course yellow and pace car to close the field up. A football equivalent would be to make the goals bigger every ten minutes until somebody scored - and when a team give a goal away their goal is then made smaller.

pino
26th April 2012, 12:53
Once every 100 years? How about two years ago against Inter??

For Chelsea it happens once every 100 years ;)

Big Ben
26th April 2012, 15:01
Come to think of it, it's the opposite really.

The away goals rule is to avoid disrupting the TV schedules - if you delay a soap opera for a fottball match some of the TV audience complain. The motor racing equivalent is the one and a half hour rule. I agree that extra time and penalties is a proper football solution as you can't have a replay when the fans have travelled from so far away.

The DRS on the other hand is a totally artificial tool to 'improve the spectacle' - just one stage better than the NASCAR organiser who threw his hat onto the track to provoke a full course yellow and pace car to close the field up. A football equivalent would be to make the goals bigger every ten minutes until somebody scored - and when a team give a goal away their goal is then made smaller.

I was perhaps exaggerating a bit there. There's nothing in football rules as stupid as the DRS.

Brown, Jon Brow
26th April 2012, 17:39
RIP football!

What exactly does this mean?

Chelsea scored more goals than Barcelona. They deserved to win. End of.

The away-goals rule is designed to stop teams playing ultra-defensive away from home.

odykas
26th April 2012, 18:54
For Chelsea it happens once every 100 years ;)

Yes, they play creative football once every 100 years :laugh:

race aficionado
27th April 2012, 04:27
Excuse me . . . pardon my ignorance.
Is there a third place match on the UEFA Champions League competition?

pino
27th April 2012, 06:00
Excuse me . . . pardon my ignorance.
Is there a third place match on the UEFA Champions League competition?

Nope there isn't.

gadjo_dilo
27th April 2012, 07:14
There is still a consolation for spaniards. Atletico Madrid and Athletic Bilbao will play the final of Euopa League.

Big Ben
27th April 2012, 08:15
What exactly does this mean?

Chelsea scored more goals than Barcelona. They deserved to win. End of.

The away-goals rule is designed to stop teams playing ultra-defensive away from home.

It's disappointing to see antifootball paying off like that.... and so it happened that Barca is kind of on the low side of cycle... anyways I'm not a Barca fan actually. The only team I follow is Man Utd and it seems they only get to play Barca when it's at full throttle.