PDA

View Full Version : I will probably be banned for this but... Footie Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Storm
1st May 2014, 08:13
British media, tabloids, tv pundits, tv presenters, ex players are in absolute love with the One.
and then with Man Utd...rooney ! greatest thing since ...well george best naturally...do they play football elsewhere?

anyways I was watching last night with dread (after the real game) and what a game it turned out to be. I should have known better. Cholo will do the double this season.

Mou says the better team for most of the game lost. :dozey:
yeah, if games were 40' only :s

steveaki13
1st May 2014, 11:28
British media, tabloids, tv pundits, tv presenters, ex players are in absolute love with the One.
and then with Man Utd...rooney ! greatest thing since ...well george best naturally...do they play football elsewhere?

anyways I was watching last night with dread (after the real game) and what a game it turned out to be. I should have known better. Cholo will do the double this season.

yeah, if games were 40' only :s

I agree Storm.

I get so tired of watching coverage here, with there endless Mourinho is the best manager ever.

I mean dont get me wrong he appears a good manager of men, but 6 losses of 8 in semi Finals of CL, only 1 la liga title in Spain and no CL final even. Despite Barcelona being great thats not great.

Never won CL with Chelsea first time round.

Its not epic really is it, and his attitude to officials and opposition is poor. Its just all a bit boring these days.

Brown, Jon Brow
1st May 2014, 18:43
The tabloids love Mou because he always says things that make great headlines.
I don't know where you are reading about Rooney though? Last season he got endless criticism in the press for his form.

odykas
1st May 2014, 20:58
Juventus - Benfica is tonight's matchup

Where is Pino?

steveaki13
1st May 2014, 21:20
hiding behind the sofa?

Brown, Jon Brow
1st May 2014, 23:10
What was all the cafuffle on the bench about?

donKey jote
2nd May 2014, 00:03
All iberian finals :bandit: :andrea:

Storm
2nd May 2014, 06:53
so now the media will be saying how la liga is great..last year it was all how Bundesliga is now dominating and how la liga has dropped down (because 2 teams lost in semis)..before that it was all premier league :rolleyes:

jon, not in the papers but here on tv, Rooney is god.

journeyman racer
3rd May 2014, 04:47
Of all the possible final matchups from the semi's, this was the one I least liked. I've come to the conclusion that I don't like CL finalists from the same league. How does a Madrid rivalry compare to others?

odykas
3rd May 2014, 11:57
Not the performance I expected to see from Juve,

But this is just the forgotten cup :p:

pino
4th May 2014, 19:51
Who cares, Juventus won his 30th scudetto !!! :D

steveaki13
4th May 2014, 21:43
Congrats Pino

odykas
4th May 2014, 22:13
Juve vs Italian teams = :champion:

Juve vs Europeran teams = :erm:

anfield5
4th May 2014, 23:22
Had to smile when I saw Mourinho's face after Norwich defended for 90 minutes and stopped his over-paid bunch from scoring. I didn't hear the after match comments, but he looked distinctly uncomfortable with Norwich's JUST DEFEND! tactics.

As they say Jose 'you reap what you sew"

Also I have to mention Sunderland's remarkable recovery in the last month 1 draw and 3 wins and these against 3 of the biggest teams in English and European football (Man City, Chelsea and United). Congratulations Gus Poyet - just don't let it all slip away by losing to Swansea

odykas
4th May 2014, 23:56
Playing catenaccio againt Mou: PRICELESS :D

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/MasterCard.+-_a74600_3631185.jpg

Rollo
5th May 2014, 04:28
Who cares, Juventus won his 30th scudetto !!! :D

Is that 3 stars now?

anfield5
5th May 2014, 05:40
Is that 3 stars now?

I thought each star represented 5 titles i.e. one for each point of the star?

Rollo
5th May 2014, 06:17
I thought each star represented 5 titles i.e. one for each point of the star?

If that were true, then they would have already have had 5 stars.

donKey jote
5th May 2014, 06:54
crazy Liga :crazy:

Barca only drew on Saturday, but then Atlético lose to Levante and Real also manage to draw in overtime :laugh:

Storm
5th May 2014, 07:24
Juve vs Italian teams = :champion:

Juve vs Europeran teams = :erm:

:laugh:
congrats pino!

Mou said on tv how "only one team wanted to win" or something similar.....hilarious when Sam Allardyce who was on the panel later said, erm thats what happened vs Atletico and Liverpool too.

La Liga getting crazier!
Barca drew and threw away the league actually....as Atletico lost to Levante :eek:
and then Real drew in injury time to Valencia.
If only Barca had won their game -even a draw against Atleti on last day could have been ok for the title

Atletico and Liverpool now seem intent on throwing away their golden chance, my prediction looks bad now

pino
5th May 2014, 11:56
Is that 3 stars now?

Yes 3 stars, 1 every ten titles ! :D

anfield5
5th May 2014, 23:16
3-3 against Crystal Palace :(. Still second in the EPL is a good result considering where we came from last season. Still bitterly disappointing though, not sure how we threw a 3 goal lead with 10 minutes to play.

At the start of the season every Liverpool supporter would have bitten your hand off if a top 2 place had been offered, but it does seem a wee bit hollow now.

As a sportsman though I would congatulate Palace for not giving in at 3 down

steveaki13
5th May 2014, 23:23
3-3 against Crystal Palace :(. Still second in the EPL is a good result considering where we came from last season. Still bitterly disappointing though, not sure how we threw a 3 goal lead with 10 minutes to play.

At the start of the season every Liverpool supporter would have bitten your hand off if a top 2 place had been offered, but it does seem a wee bit hollow now.

As a sportsman though I would congatulate Palace for not giving in at 3 down

Anfield. Do you think this is a one off season, or do you see an even better chance next season?

Rollo
6th May 2014, 01:38
If Villa beat Man City on the 7th, then the Liverpool is back in the box seat for the title.
If Man City draw against both Villa and West Ham and Liverpool beat Newcastle, then Liverpool will have won the title.
If City score 3 points or less and Liverpool win on the last day, then Liverpool will have won the title.

Do you think this is a one off season, or do you see an even better chance next season?

There's always next season... yeah there's ALWAYS next season; there's never THIS season. I've seen this all before.

anfield5
6th May 2014, 02:11
Anfield. Do you think this is a one off season, or do you see an even better chance next season?

It is definitely a stepping stone. We (Liverpool folk) were expecting a top 4 finish, with further development for a chance at the top 2 next season, that hasn't changed.

Brendan Rogers has shown that he has the ability to dramatically improve players, so even without having to spend hundreds of millions, Liverpool will be better next year. The club basically only really need a couple of defenders, (a centre back and a left back) to add to the squad. A third top-line striker would be another good addition to add more options up front.

When B.R. took the manager's job his mandate was to improve the team and have them challenging the league leaders within 3 season. Mission accomplished.

anfield5
6th May 2014, 02:13
If Villa beat Man City on the 7th, then the Liverpool is back in the box seat for the title.
If Man City draw against both Villa and West Ham and Liverpool beat Newcastle, then Liverpool will have won the title.
If City score 3 points or less and Liverpool win on the last day, then Liverpool will have won the title.

There's always next season... yeah there's ALWAYS next season; there's never THIS season. I've seen this all before.

Quite correct Rollo, it is not over yet we still have 3 or 4 ways to finish top, and if it happens you will here me all the way across the Tasman.

anfield5
8th May 2014, 02:38
City 4-0 Villa.
Baring a miracle i.e. West Ham going to Eastlands and winning, the title is City's now. So congratulations to Pellagrini and his mob. Also congratulations to Brendan and his team. To be in the championship race until the final day of the season is far more than anyone could have hoped for. The challenge for Liverpool now is to do even better next year, the only way they can do that is by winning the title.

Storm
8th May 2014, 10:20
^it is still not City's till the last game though....

as we thought Barca was out of it after the Getafe late goal but then Atleti messed up and lost and Real M has now drawn 2 in a row :D
Cr7 injured too..so basically if Barca can win both games they will be champs...who would have thought a couple of weeks ago? :eek:
easier said than done as last game is against Atleti who haven't lost to Barca all season (maybe it is time!)

steveaki13
8th May 2014, 12:31
Crazy. Now Barca and Atletico are neck and neck. Amazing seasons in both England and Spain.

Brown, Jon Brow
8th May 2014, 18:39
A final day decider between Atlectico and Barca will be quite a game. I hope it goes to the wire.

steveaki13
8th May 2014, 19:01
The way Barca are playing beating Elche is not a given. They only have conceded 2 goals in 9 home games which they remain unbeaten in.

Rollo
9th May 2014, 04:12
City 4-0 Villa.
Baring a miracle i.e. West Ham going to Eastlands and winning, the title is City's now. So congratulations to Pellagrini and his mob.

I believe in Miracles (Do you? Do you? Do you?). Where you from? You Sterling thing.

Actually I'm hoping that Andy Carroll and Stewart Downing can redeem themselves.

pino
9th May 2014, 14:46
I agree, for once La Liga will be exciting until last minute...unlike the fight for the scudetto :p:

pino
9th May 2014, 14:48
As for PL, hate seen City winning the title :(

odykas
9th May 2014, 19:26
^ Not as bad as Mou winning the title :p:

donKey jote
11th May 2014, 20:21
Malaga scores !

donKey jote
11th May 2014, 20:29
Balls Atlético equalize :dozey:
Meanwhile Real are 2-0 down to Luis Enrique :D

donKey jote
11th May 2014, 20:34
Elche almost scored :rolleyes:

donKey jote
11th May 2014, 20:45
Atlético get 5 minutes of Fergie time, withMalaga down to 10 men :mad:

donKey jote
11th May 2014, 20:46
Barcelona only get 3 :p

donKey jote
11th May 2014, 20:48
Oh well, stoopid Barça only draw against Elche :dozey:

donKey jote
11th May 2014, 20:49
Bejayzuz Málaga saved it on 90+4 :eek: :crazy:

donKey jote
11th May 2014, 20:50
It's all down to the last game :D

steveaki13
11th May 2014, 20:56
cant see Barca beating Atletico to be honest. Here's hoping.

Although I fear a league win may paper over some cracks and some real problems Barca have.

Storm
12th May 2014, 06:32
Oh well, stoopid Barça only draw against Elche :dozey:

It seems as if nobody wants to win the league? especially Barca.
Why isn't Caballero being considered as a replacement..he usually is very good and saved the league title being won last night. even looks as scary as Valdes does.

Real in free-fall ..they are only thinking of the Decima!

watched the Prem too, very anti-climactic for a league which was so topsy turvy through-out.

pino
12th May 2014, 07:39
After beaten Roma away, now amazing Juve is about to beat all records in Italian champ. 99 points now, and by winning vs Cagliari, we could reach 102 !!! :D

Storm
12th May 2014, 08:28
A final day decider between Atlectico and Barca will be quite a game. I hope it goes to the wire.

you (and all barca fans) got their wish...but as they say be careful what you wish for...I sense that we might end up applauding Atletico on the home pitch :s

aah enough with the negative thoughts...forca barca :p:

and pino we need to be treated to quite a few beers for those 100 pts!

pino
12th May 2014, 09:09
Storm amico, I have already started last night, watching Roma-Juventus ! ;)

steveaki13
12th May 2014, 09:52
you (and all barca fans) got their wish...but as they say be careful what you wish for...I sense that we might end up applauding Atletico on the home pitch :s

aah enough with the negative thoughts...forca barca :p:

and pino we need to be treated to quite a few beers for those 100 pts!

Barcelona have drawn 4 and lost 1 of their 5 matches so far this season v Atletico. Not sure I can see why Barca will suddenly win. Especially after yesterdays laboured point v Elche

journeyman racer
12th May 2014, 14:53
As an Everton fan, I'm satisfied with Man City winning the title. Liverpool did provide a bit of a scare though!

Storm
12th May 2014, 17:37
Barcelona have drawn 4 and lost 1 of their 5 matches so far this season v Atletico. Not sure I can see why Barca will suddenly win. Especially after yesterdays laboured point v Elche

That's the beauty (and the ugliness too) of football....unexpected things happen..we could even see a demolition of AtM at the Camp Nou if the real Messi turns up. ;)
clutching at straws much? yes. but I did qualify it earlier by saying I don't think it will happen.

steveaki13
12th May 2014, 19:16
I dont know what is going on with Messi. Whether its all nerves as this world cup could make or break his career and how he is viewed in Argentina, but he looks exhausted (despite not running much) and he continues to vomit before and during matches.

My worry is he is seriously unwell, but then again they must have the best doctors around. So its a mystery but from posting on an international Barca forum I know a lot of fans are very worried about him.

Rumours also rife saying many different things in Spanish football press.

Some say he is in discussions to renew with more money and demands his friend Pinto is retained and that Barca try and buy his other friend Aguero.

Then some rumours suggest that the board are still planning to off load him.

Strange what is going on around that young guy.

donKey jote
12th May 2014, 23:11
Anything can happen... The matches against athletico are always different to matches against the donkey clubs :)
but somehow I think the Cholo has the advantage and might even demolish them at home :dozey:

odykas
13th May 2014, 17:36
I think Atletico were the best team in Spain this year.

Loosing the title may help Barca management wake up.

steveaki13
13th May 2014, 18:03

This

pino
13th May 2014, 18:30
I hate it but, I too must agree with ody :p:

steveaki13
13th May 2014, 19:27

When he see's the light we must follow

pino
13th May 2014, 20:15
When he see's the light we must follow

Especially when that happens once or twice a year :p:

Storm
14th May 2014, 08:28

Agreed. Waking up should also mean the sack for Zubizaretta..not just Martino.

But AtM are trying hard to lose this title and who knows what will happen on 24thMay as well....one-off games are unpredictable (saturday eve is almost a final where barca can forget the nightmare they have had since Jan and squeeze out a win)

Big Ben
14th May 2014, 08:38
Atletico kind of reminds me of Leverkusen in 2002. I hope it's not gonna end the same way.

Even though I sort of like Man Utd I rooted for Liverpool this year.... but in the end money wins. There may be an underdog winning something now and then but in the end the trophies find their ways back to where the money is.

henners88
14th May 2014, 11:53
Yeah money has changed football more evidently in the last couple of decades. Its a greedy sport and will attract the best players if the money is obscene. Having said that I really enjoyed watching Liverpool play this season. The dynamic of the team and the passion reminds me of how it was when I first starting supporting them as a kid. The old Merseyside passion was back and although the title slipped from our fingers, it was a season where my enthusiasm returned and I feel good heading into the summer and satisfied I've watched an epic season for the Reds.

odykas
14th May 2014, 21:36
Forgotten Cup anyone :snore:

odykas
14th May 2014, 21:42

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/wtf.gif

pino
14th May 2014, 21:52
Forgotten Cup anyone :snore:

Just watched the beginning, only to admire the amazing Juventus Stadium :D

pino
15th May 2014, 07:58
Just watched the beginning, only to admire the amazing Juventus Stadium :D

Sadly there was nothing else to admire in last night game :snore:

Storm
15th May 2014, 09:39
yeah I saw the teams coming out....then went off to sleep. I am conserving myself for saturday night's game :p:

Rollo
17th May 2014, 02:16
Yeah money has changed football more evidently in the last couple of decades. Its a greedy sport and will attract the best players if the money is obscene. Having said that I really enjoyed watching Liverpool play this season. The dynamic of the team and the passion reminds me of how it was when I first starting supporting them as a kid. The old Merseyside passion was back and although the title slipped from our fingers, it was a season where my enthusiasm returned and I feel good heading into the summer and satisfied I've watched an epic season for the Reds.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27445475
Manchester City have been fined £49m, £32m of which is suspended, and can only name a 21-man Champions League squad next season after failing Uefa financial fair play rules.
Another sanction means City can only spend £49m on players this summer, as well as any transfer fees they receive.
And their wage bill for 2014-15 must stay the same as this season.

Uefa introduced FFP because it fears many clubs are risking their futures by spending beyond their means, while Uefa president Michel Platini also believes the big spending of some clubs is ruining the game.
- BBC, 16th May 2014

How incredibly convenient for them.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/financial-fair-play-manchester-citys-3502301
This next week however, promises to be the most significant yet as UEFA will likely announce their decisions by May 9. Manchester City could be hit with a £50million fine according to reports on Tuesday morning.

Acceptable losses start from £105m over three years in the Premier League, to under £8m each year in the Football League Championship to €45m over two years for UEFA competitions. Sanctions will vary depending on the regulations but include transfer embargoes in the Football League, potential points deductions in the Premier League and expulsion from competition in UEFA competitions.

- The Mirror, 6th May 2014.

Just curious, how much did Manchester City pay to have the hearing delayed by a week. What sort of bribery went on there?
Even the loss of just three points would have seen City lose the title. The standard number of points docked for something like going into administration is ten.

Did City pay for the result that they wanted too?

pino
17th May 2014, 18:10
Arsenal already down 0-2 :eek:

pino
17th May 2014, 18:12
None is watching Barca-Atletico ?

pino
17th May 2014, 18:27
Both Diego Costa and Ardan Turan already injured...poor Atletico ! :(

pino
17th May 2014, 18:37
Alexis 1-0 !

donKey jote
17th May 2014, 18:51
holy shit pino thank goodness I logged on and saw your post... thought the match was at 19:00 :eek: :crazy:

pino
17th May 2014, 18:54
I also thought it was later this evening. Fortunately my cool app on my iPhone informed me ;)

donKey jote
17th May 2014, 19:02
the only cool app I have that informs me of anything is the ISS and Iridium spotter... keeps beeping at stoopid hours in the morning :p

donKey jote
17th May 2014, 19:06
sheesh Villa almost maravilla :eek:

donKey jote
17th May 2014, 19:08
methinks I'm jynxing them... :uhoh:

donKey jote
17th May 2014, 19:09
balls... what did I just say? :devil:

pino
17th May 2014, 19:11
1-1 well deserved ! :D

pino
17th May 2014, 19:14
Donkey, should try App Forza Football, if you love football is a must ;)

donKey jote
17th May 2014, 19:15
well although I'm a Barca fan I wouldn't really be too unhappy for Atleti... so long as Real stay third :p

donKey jote
17th May 2014, 19:16
Donkey, should try App Forza Football, if you love football is a must ;)

ok :kiss:

donKey jote
17th May 2014, 19:23
balls :dozey: messi miles offside

donKey jote
17th May 2014, 19:29
this is better now... I'll pretend I'm not watching :p

pino
17th May 2014, 19:31
Where's Pirlo when you need him ? :p:

donKey jote
17th May 2014, 19:32
winning minor leagues ? :p

donKey jote
17th May 2014, 19:35
neymar you clown stop falling around like a busquets :mad:

donKey jote
17th May 2014, 19:37
Xavi at last :dozey:

pino
17th May 2014, 19:37
Vamos Atletico !!!!! :D

donKey jote
17th May 2014, 19:39
:love:

donKey jote
17th May 2014, 19:50
balls... barca threw it away in those crazy first minutes of the second half :(

donKey jote
17th May 2014, 19:51
still, I never expected them to make it to the last match though :p

donKey jote
17th May 2014, 19:53
well done la leti :champion:
now for the double :champion: :champion:
:up:

pino
17th May 2014, 19:54
So happy for them !!! :beer:

donKey jote
17th May 2014, 19:55
even the Nou Camp acknowledge them joining in on the "Atleeti Atleeeti" :p

donKey jote
17th May 2014, 19:57
and now for the German donkey cup :D
and Pep singing Über Alles :laugh:

steveaki13
17th May 2014, 20:10
Damn...................

I have been watching the FA Cup Final, I thought Barca were on later.

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Oh well. I have a Atletico Friend so I am still quite pleased.

They had better beat Real Madrid in the Champions League though. :mad:

donKey jote
17th May 2014, 20:28
They had better beat Real Madrid in the Champions League though. :mad:

yep ! I'd better not watch it :p :D

pino
17th May 2014, 21:06
Sadly, Real will win that :(

steveaki13
17th May 2014, 22:03
Yep could be Pino. Atleti often seem to crumble more against Real. :(

steveaki13
17th May 2014, 22:05
Personally sad to see Arsenal win the FA Cup. Nothing against Arsenal, but I always want a new team to win their first FA Cup to add to the 133 finals of history that the FA Cup supplies.

Anyway well done to Arsenal. Good game.

Rollo
18th May 2014, 03:52
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bn4efuYIAAAEkPb.jpg

Dear oh dear oh dear oh dear.
The goal that was but wasn't. Dortmund should have won 1-0. Ouch.

Storm
18th May 2014, 08:43
^crazy stuff again and Fifa are idiots not to even take replays for such occassions if not the goal line tech..

as for La Liga...well Barca huffed and puffed but Atletico deserved it overall...not just for last night but over the season they stayed strong and stuck to their strengths. As for FCB, things need to change quickly..Tata Martino has already left.

even the Nou Camp acknowledge them joining in on the "Atleeti Atleeeti" :p
the crowd was pretty hot overall (nice change from the usual groans ) and very magnanimous in their ovation at the final whistle too :up:

pino
18th May 2014, 18:38
Another great win for Juve and 102 points reached, something none has done before in the whole Europe ! :champion: :beer:

donKey jote
18th May 2014, 21:11
How goes the saying? .... The one eyed ass is king in blind donkey land :sailor:

Storm
19th May 2014, 07:09
Another great win for Juve and 102 points reached, something none has done before in the whole Europe ! :champion: :beer:

cheers pino....but MD says Celtic did 103 in Scotland in the early 2000s :D

Storm
20th May 2014, 05:42
as expected, Luis Enrique is the new coach. Good luck!

http://www.fcbarcelona.es/futbol/primer-equipo/detalle/noticia/luis-enrique-entrenador-del-fc-barcelona-para-las-proximas-dos-temporadas

odykas
20th May 2014, 11:53
Good choice imho.

He has to change a lot of things so I hope he has the necessary support from the management.

Edit: Congrats to Atletico for the well deserved title.

Brown, Jon Brow
20th May 2014, 20:49
Regardless of who you support a legend of football retired from playing yesterday. After 963 appearances and 168 goals in 24 years at Manchester United, winning 13 league titles (as many as Arsenal have won), 4 FA Cups, 3 League Cups, 2 European Champions Leagues and 0 red cards.

He will now be assistant manager to Luis Van Gaal at United.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NUc36RpoUVA/TLNYp_JDMmI/AAAAAAAADkY/oRgt-HBSzx4/s1600/C_71_article_1082622_image_list_image_list_item_0_ image.jpg

http://www.premiershipticketsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Ryan-Giggs-2014.jpg

http://youtu.be/ocicD6i2tBc

Mintexmemory
20th May 2014, 22:11
Message to LVG - make sure your missus is locked up so your new assistant can't give her any private 'speak Manc' lessons!

Brown, Jon Brow
20th May 2014, 22:23
Well one of the reasons Giggs has retired is because he wants to spend more time with his brothers family ;)

steveaki13
24th May 2014, 20:39
Anyone watching the lower league game about to start. Two local village rivals are playing for some little cup. :p

donKey jote
24th May 2014, 20:46
You mean the capital of European football :p

odykas
24th May 2014, 20:49
Vamos Atletico :bandit:

steveaki13
24th May 2014, 20:55
Come on Atleti. You'd better ******g win.

Cant stand Real gloating for a year or 10. :mad:

steveaki13
24th May 2014, 20:55
Costa off. That could be a mistaken gamble.

odykas
24th May 2014, 20:57
Diego Costa out.

That was a mistake by Simeone.

gadjo_dilo
24th May 2014, 21:00
I forgot about the match.
And there's some movie I'd like to watch......

odykas
24th May 2014, 21:02
The movie can wait while the match cannot ;)

steveaki13
24th May 2014, 21:03
The moovie can wait while the match cannot ;)

This.

Gadjo imagine its Steaua in the final. :eek: Football must come first. :p

gadjo_dilo
24th May 2014, 21:09
This.

Gadjo imagine its Steaua in the final. :eek: Football must come first. :p
Steaua was in Romania's cup final last night and I fell asleep. And they missed the game. :p

odykas
24th May 2014, 21:18
Bale :dozey:

donKey jote
24th May 2014, 21:18
phew :uhoh:

donKey jote
24th May 2014, 21:22
goooooooool del atlétiiiiiiiii :D

steveaki13
Haha Bale

Yes..............Gooooolazzzzo

odykas
The clown Casillas is back :laugh:

donKey jote
24th May 2014, 21:23
oh dear looks like San Casillas needs some practice before Brasil :eek:

steveaki13
24th May 2014, 21:25
I have a friend in the Atletico section tonight.

He will be going mad. :D

odykas
24th May 2014, 21:27
oh dear looks like San Casillas needs some practice before Brasil :eek:

Replacement is what he really needs.

steveaki13
24th May 2014, 22:01
Could have been 1-1 and then could have been 2-0. Fine margins. phew

odykas
24th May 2014, 22:29
5 to go.

Come on Atletico!

donKey jote
24th May 2014, 22:30
catenaccio rules :dozey:

donKey jote
24th May 2014, 22:36
big fat fukking balls :dozey:

odykas
Balls :evil:

donKey jote
stoopid catenaccio donkeys :mad:

steveaki13
24th May 2014, 22:39
Baaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllls

F***

donKey jote
24th May 2014, 22:41
if it had been chelsea I would have been well pleased and said they deserved it for parking the double decker :vader:

donKey jote
24th May 2014, 22:43
anyhow... hope the next 30 min will be a bit more entertaining :dozey:

Big Ben
24th May 2014, 22:45
5 minutes of extra time for what? did someone die?

odykas
24th May 2014, 22:52
CR7 + Bale = 0

Come one Atletico!

steveaki13
24th May 2014, 22:56
Atletico still in the hoof ball mode

odykas
24th May 2014, 23:06
Atletico run out of energy :s

odykas
24th May 2014, 23:08
Elephant balls :evil:

donKey jote
24th May 2014, 23:08
crap :dozey:

steveaki13
24th May 2014, 23:14
That's just shite.

grrrrrrrrrr. :mad:

gadjo_dilo
24th May 2014, 23:15
wow...........

donKey jote
24th May 2014, 23:15
still, at least attacking football beats the bus :dozey:

donKey jote
24th May 2014, 23:17
to add insult to donkeyness... the princess gets a penalty :dozey:

gadjo_dilo
24th May 2014, 23:17
disaster.......

steveaki13
24th May 2014, 23:19
Ronaldo loves himself a tiny bit in my opinion.

Brown, Jon Brow
24th May 2014, 23:19
Simeone loses it

donKey jote
24th May 2014, 23:21
bunch of donkeys the lot of them... bad losers and bad winners :rolleyes:

steveaki13
24th May 2014, 23:21
Simione has gone loopy. :crazy:

Brown, Jon Brow
24th May 2014, 23:25
Roll on the World Cup

donKey jote
24th May 2014, 23:29
did England qualify? :andrea: :sailor:

gadjo_dilo
24th May 2014, 23:30
Simione has gone loopy. :crazy:

Simione?
I remember that when he played for Argentina the guy who commented for our television kept callig him Simone. despite a big Simeone written on his shirt. :p

steveaki13
24th May 2014, 23:33
did England qualify? :andrea: :sailor:

You'd better believe it.

We beat powerhouses like San Marino and Moldova to join the party. :cool:

steveaki13
24th May 2014, 23:34
Simione?
I remember that when he played for Argentina the guy who commented for our television kept callig him Simone. despite a big Simeone written on his shirt. :p

opps. Whatever he was a crybaby today at the end.

gadjo_dilo
24th May 2014, 23:41
I hate the habit to bring players kids on the pitch

odykas
24th May 2014, 23:49
opps. Whatever he was a crybaby today at the end.

That's CR7's role.

Storm
26th May 2014, 08:12
I switched off the tv when Bale's goal went in....so luckily missed CR7's hideous celebrations (which made the newspapers obviously!)

AtM seem to be up for it against Barca all the time but cannot hold on for 2 minutes against their supposed main rivals?
I think winning the league last saturday made them less hungrier than had they lost the league then. Obviously RealM had their priorities straight and had given up the league long time ago.

gadjo_dilo
26th May 2014, 08:35
...so luckily missed CR7's hideous celebrations (which made the newspapers obviously!)

He just wanted to copy Mario.....
http://www.mircea-badea.ro/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/285133-mario-balotelli.jpg

odykas
26th May 2014, 12:04
After being the crybaby 10 years, CR7 finally managed to win a major title.

Soon he will be back to where he deserves to be.

Big Ben
26th May 2014, 15:58
Actually the princess won one with Man Utd too

Storm
26th May 2014, 16:39
where he missed the crucial penalty....

Brown, Jon Brow
26th May 2014, 18:55
where he missed the crucial penalty....

He did but he also scored during normal time.

He is obviously a hideously vain individual but he will always have respect from me because of the success he gave United.

Storm
27th May 2014, 06:18
I did not see that match but I think he scored during normal time but that was not the winning or even the equalising goal of a final, was it? He usually disappears in finals...even this one where he turned up at the end for the penalty.

Big Ben
27th May 2014, 08:09
I don't really like him as a person but he scored the ONLY goal for United in that final... I know it's a very simplistic way of seeing things but without that goal he wouldn't have a missed any penalty... and United would(might) have lost.

What I know for sure is that United was weaker after he left

Brown, Jon Brow
27th May 2014, 18:42
He scored the opening goal for United and then Lampard equalised. Nothing else happened in that game till Drogba slapped Vidic and got sent off, then it rained, Ronaldo missed his pen in the shoot-out, Terry stepped up to win it for Chelsea and slipped, and Man Utd won.

He certainly disappeared in the 2009 final against Barcelona, but then so did the rest of the entire United team.

odykas
2nd June 2014, 21:13
David Villa to New York FC? :dozey:

Retired already?

steveaki13
3rd June 2014, 09:03
Frank Lampard will be next I reckon.

Brown, Jon Brow
30th June 2014, 13:41
Transfer news.

Ander Herrera and Luke Shaw to Man Utd
Cesc to Chelsea
Kroos to Real Madrid.

odykas
30th June 2014, 14:06
I heard that Barca and Bayen would like to swap Kroos <-> Alexis.

I'm glad this didn't happen.

pino
30th June 2014, 14:16
Hands off Alexis, he's has to join Juve ! :D

odykas
30th June 2014, 14:48
Summer dreams :p:

pino
30th June 2014, 14:53
Summer dreams :p:

If you don't dream...you're not alive ! ;)

Storm
30th June 2014, 17:07
Alexis will end up at Liverpool or Arsenal - Liverpool if the Suarez deal goes through (which I hope doesn't) They need a proper #9 who can come on when others aren't scoring...like LLorente :p:

pino
30th June 2014, 18:50
Alexis wish to come back to Serie A, problem is that, Juve cannot afford to pay what English Club can :(

veeten
30th June 2014, 20:13
ok, then how about Suarez... :p:

Storm
30th June 2014, 20:14
Why? He is on a hot streak right now and probably with his pace will do well in England. Sad to say but Serie A is a career black-hole right now..Juve are the best but even they seem to fail in the CL. I am hoping next year will be different.

edit: I was talking abt Alexis

pino
30th June 2014, 20:47
You still have wrong idea about Serie A. 1035 goals have been scored (2.72 goals per match) this season. That shows Serie A still is a very exciting and pleasant tournament, despite what people outside Italy, says and thinks ;) I suggest you start to watch some Serie A match again :p:

odykas
30th June 2014, 21:12
Serie A reminds me of Bundesliga. It's a race for the 2nd place behind Juve.

Another issue is the competitiveness of the Italian teams in CL.

It's obvious that the financial crisis has affected Serie A.
Or maybe it's because Silvio B. is not allowed to participate any more :p:

Storm
1st July 2014, 07:14
I know I haven't been watching too many Serie A games in the last couple of years but that is due to the lack of excitement ;) - Did see a few Napoli, Fiorentina and Lazio games though...the Milan teams are worse than crap thesedays.

pino
1st July 2014, 07:38
So you prefer La Liga, where apart from this year (thanks God) the fight for the title has been between Barca and Real only, for many many years. How exciting is that ? :confused:

Storm
1st July 2014, 10:52
True, some of the games aren't very exciting but the clasicos make up for it..
Juve winning 3 in a row is?

pino
1st July 2014, 10:58
True, some of the games aren't very exciting but the clasicos make up for it..
Juve winning 3 in a row is?

Not, unless you're a Juve fan, but if you look a statistics, you will find out that until 2010, scudetto have had several differents winners, unlike La Liga ;)

odykas
1st July 2014, 11:00
Any players signed / targeted by Juve?

I heard Vital is probably leaving.

Storm
1st July 2014, 11:07
Not, unless you're a Juve fan, but if you look a statistics, you will find out that until 2010, scudetto have had several differents winners, unlike La Liga ;)
Yes, 2004-13 has seen only 2 winners in Spain, but before that Valencia won a couple and even Deportivo won their first ever title..and now Atletico - although that seems like an aberration. But most leagues have had the same winners in recent times - ask ody-mpiakos.

pino
1st July 2014, 11:08
Many Juve players are wanted, especially Vidal, Pogba, Vucinic, and Llorente, however only one of them will leave. As for signing, Juve have many targets, starting from Suarez, Cuadrado, iturbe, and Candreva. We will see, the market will start for real, after WC. For sure, Juve will try the best in order to build a squad, that finally can compete in CL.

Storm
1st July 2014, 11:12
Cuadrado -> Barça :ninja:

pino
1st July 2014, 11:16
Cuadrado -> Barça :ninja:

Summer dreaming (as ody says) Cuadrado Family doesn't want to leave Italy, especially Florence) so it will be hard for Juve too !

Brown, Jon Brow
1st July 2014, 17:55
On paper Juventus have a very good team.

odykas
3rd July 2014, 11:00
Arse-nal to make an offer for Alexis.

Who's not interested, that's the question!

odykas
3rd July 2014, 16:57
BREAKING: Barcelona have agreed a £75m 'cash price' for Liverpool striker Luis Suárez.

Is this true?

pino
3rd July 2014, 17:03
Let me make a couple of phone calls, and I will back to you :p:

odykas
3rd July 2014, 17:05
Call you cousin Pino Allievi :p:

pino
3rd July 2014, 17:10
Call you cousin Pino Allievi :p:

Nope I got a better source ;)

gadjo_dilo
3rd July 2014, 17:24
BREAKING: Barcelona have agreed a £75m 'cash price' for Liverpool striker Luis Suárez.

Is this true?
I hope not. I want him for the Kops.

Storm
3rd July 2014, 18:06
I don't think so.

pino
3rd July 2014, 18:45
Former Italy coach Prandelli, will replace Mancini, at Galatasaray. Very soon will be officially confirmed ;)

odykas
3rd July 2014, 19:03
That's a step backwards :p:

pino
3rd July 2014, 20:36
That's a step backwards :p:

He couldn't say no to €4.5 mill per year for 3 years, plus a big villa near the beach, car, fly-tickets, etc...

Could you ? :p:

odykas
3rd July 2014, 20:56
I was talking about Galata

Fatih Terim -> Mancini -> Prandelli

Regression :dozey:

Storm
4th July 2014, 05:36
Terim = fantastic

I am guessing Mancini will now be Italy coach? :p:

Storm
5th July 2014, 09:25
Suarez -> FCB

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140704/fc-barcelona/luis-suarez-el-acuerdo-con-el-liverpool-muy-cerca-entre-65-y-70-millones_54410763306.html

steveaki13
5th July 2014, 10:12
Neymar, Suarez and Messi.

Can't see that working to be honest.

I assume Alexis will go, but what about Pedro? I mean he's a decent player too.

donKey jote
5th July 2014, 10:29
methinks Barca might have bitten off more than Suarez can chew :andrea:

Storm
5th July 2014, 15:54
there is a bite clause I think :p:

yeah Alexis will be off to Arsenal/Liverpool and Pedro is "intransferible" according to Zubizaretta :erm:
Pique, Cesc and Pedro all should have been shipped off.
Deulofeu will probably be the super sub!

Tello is moving to Porto.now to see if Cuadrado comes in and Alves leaves.
No central defenders yet.

odykas
6th July 2014, 14:44
Central defenders not needed.

They have Pique / Mascherano :z

steveaki13
6th July 2014, 14:56
I know. How long can they ignore defence?????????????

If one of those gets injured they have Bartra and Song as back ups. :eek:

odykas
6th July 2014, 15:58
Reports: Arsenal and Barcelona have agreed a £32m deal for Alexis Sanchez

pino?

Storm
6th July 2014, 16:20
Abidal to Olympiakos?!?

odykas
6th July 2014, 17:05
I can confirm that ;)

pino
6th July 2014, 19:07
Reports: Arsenal and Barcelona have agreed a £32m deal for Alexis Sanchez

pino?

Unfortunately I can confirm this ! :(

odykas
6th July 2014, 19:59
What's the Plan B? :dozey:

steveaki13
6th July 2014, 21:51
Heskey?

odykas
6th July 2014, 21:54
Lol

pino
6th July 2014, 23:29
What's the Plan B? :dozey:

Morata ! ;)

odykas
7th July 2014, 00:59
I had higher expectations :dozey:

Storm
7th July 2014, 08:49
Morata ! ;)

Jese is better. Anyways you need a winger type rather than a CF.

odykas
7th July 2014, 15:05
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Br8Xp-9IcAE9nzz.jpg

odykas
9th July 2014, 14:14
Morata to Juventus?

Storm
9th July 2014, 19:42
Done. according to Marca it will be official in a few days
As will Kroos to Madrid.

Suarez to Barca will be official in a few hours apparently and the price has gone down ( :erm: ) to 75m Euros

Mandzukic to Atletico is done.
Sanchez to Arsenal will be official soon.

pino
9th July 2014, 19:47
Cirillo and Belardi, will join coach Franco Colomba at Pune F.C. :eek:

Storm, what you know about Pune F.C ? :p:

Storm
9th July 2014, 20:05
I have seen them play a couple of games live here
best player is Izumi Arata - who is half Japanese-half Indian :D

badass club logo too :p:
http://punefc.com/?cat=16

I thought Bencherifa was the coach though :\\

pino
9th July 2014, 20:06
Any chance to fight for the title ?

Storm
9th July 2014, 20:14
yeah..they finished P2 2 years ago but slumped last year...Bengaluru won their first title last year.
The power has shifted from the traditional clubs (East Bengal, Mohun Bagan et al) to the newer clubs in the other metros.

pino
9th July 2014, 20:17
Ok thanks for the info ;)

odykas
9th July 2014, 20:39
Pune F.C. is a rising force :D

odykas
9th July 2014, 22:48
Evra to Juve?

pino
9th July 2014, 22:48
Evra to Juve?

Almost done ;)

Storm
10th July 2014, 17:25
Alexis in London for his medical.

Brown, Jon Brow
10th July 2014, 21:38
Evra to Juve which basically means we don't have any defenders next year :erm:

steveaki13
10th July 2014, 21:55
Evra to Juve which basically means we don't have any defenders next year :erm:

Don't worry thats why you hired a tactical genius. :p Your going to play like Barca. No defenders and even when you lose all competitions you still will not buy any Defenders.

Storm
11th July 2014, 07:10
Tactical Genius who will sub the goal-keeper in injury time just in case there is a late penalty awarded....oh wait, late penalty against Man Utd? what the hell am I thinking? :p: (I will get called a hater for this again hence the smiley)
Jon, didn't you buy Luke Shaw or someone like that... who is also a left back?
Apparently Daley Blind is also on his way there from the rumours.

For Barça, it is nowofficial that Alexis is a Gunner. I think 40mil euros is a great deal for FCB and basically subsidized the Suarez deal...but the problem is perhaps Pedro is the one who should have been on the way considering that Neymar won't be back to match fitness to begin the season and Suarez won't be playing till Oct.
Still no defenders but Mathieu from Valencia and Hummels have been mentioned. Hummels would be a good signing but doubt it will happen. Xavi is the big unknown as it seems he has also decided to leave (MLS!)

odykas
11th July 2014, 12:31
No Hummels please.

Thank you :p:

Big Ben
11th July 2014, 13:38
With Suarez at Barca I'll have to downgrade them from 'neutral' to 'strong dislike'. I wish them bad luck :D.

pino
11th July 2014, 13:50
With Suarez at Barca I'll have to downgrade them from 'neutral' to 'strong dislike'. I wish them bad luck :D.

From "like" to "neutral" me ;)

Rollo
11th July 2014, 14:19

Liverpool Statement:
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/166179-lfc-statement-rodgers-on-suarez
"I am confident we will improve the team further and will be stronger for this coming season, when we will be competing on all fronts; domestically and in the greatest club competition in the world, the Champions League.
"If there is one thing the history of this great club teaches us, it is that Liverpool FC is bigger than any individual. I hope our supporters continue to dream and believe that we are moving forward and with continued improvement and progression, together we will bring the success we all crave and deserve."
- Brendan Rodgers, 11th July 2014

I'm not sure if that's a backhander or not... maybe it is. Cash inwards and a liability gone? Looks like the biting problem might have moved on.

Storm
11th July 2014, 15:22
Yeah I am not sure the deal comes at the best time for Barca but I guess better play here than for RealM which was the only other realistic option for him. Whatever the money in (and LFC seem to be on a spending spree anyways) they will miss a true genius in front of the goal. Only good thing is Barca aren't paying crazy money like the Bale thing last year (and they definitely have generated a lot of money with Sanchez and Fabregas gone)

steveaki13
11th July 2014, 18:25
I see the Champions League & Europa League have started this last week.

Gibraltars Champions Lincoln Red Imps lost 3-6 on Agg to HB of the Faroe Islands. An honour though as the first Gibraltan team to play a senior competitive match.

Also the San Marino Champions even lost 8-0 in a 1st Qualifying Round tie v an Estonian Club side Levadia Tallin.

:p A new season begins

Brown, Jon Brow
11th July 2014, 18:32
Tactical Genius who will sub the goal-keeper in injury time just in case there is a late penalty awarded....oh wait, late penalty against Man Utd? what the hell am I thinking? :p: (I will get called a hater for this again hence the smiley)
Jon, didn't you buy Luke Shaw or someone like that... who is also a left back?
Apparently Daley Blind is also on his way there from the rumours.

Fergie has gone now, we conceded 3 penalties in one game last season! ;)

We did sign Shaw but have released or sold Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra and Butner. So our current back 4 of Rafael, Jones, Smalling, Shaw has an average age of 22 :erm:

steveaki13
11th July 2014, 19:27
Fergie has gone now, we conceded 3 penalties in one game last season! ;)

We did sign Shaw but have released or sold Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra and Butner. So our current back 4 of Rafael, Jones, Smalling, Shaw has an average age of 22 :erm:

You do need at least 3 more defender IMO, surely you will sign some but its tough to think you will be able to get 3 top level defenders all at once.

odykas
12th July 2014, 11:02

I have the same feelings for ManU / Van Genius :p:

odykas
15th July 2014, 20:07
BREAKING: Antonio Conte has resigned from his position as Juventus manager with immediate effect.

What? :dozey:

pino
15th July 2014, 21:14
What a nice presents on my birthday...not !!! :mad:

odykas
15th July 2014, 21:16
HB pino :beer: :dozey:

pino
15th July 2014, 21:19
Thanks ody, but i am really mad at the moment ! :blackeye:

Storm
15th July 2014, 22:06
I just read that too...and yes sorry but try to enjoy your birthday pinooooo!

Mancini to Juve?

Might Conte be looking for the Italy job now?

gadjo_dilo
15th July 2014, 22:46
Juventus to loan striker Mbaye Diagne to Steaua Book-a-rest? :crazy:

pino
16th July 2014, 10:20
Allegri has been confirmed as new Juventus coach :mad: