2 - 0 :D :laugh:

steveaki13
25th February 2014, 21:10
2-0. :dozey:

shots on target: 8-1 :laugh:

Man Utd = :cat: :z :crazy:

pino
25th February 2014, 21:21
Honestly, I can't understand they carry on with Moyes. Probably they want to show that United is a serious Club :s

odykas
25th February 2014, 21:32
MaU succumbed to Olympoo :crazy: :D

steveaki13
25th February 2014, 21:35
English Clubs lost 2-0, 2-0, 2-0

Of course its the strongest league in the world. :laugh:

Before anyone asks I am English and believe the Premier League is the most entertaining to watch, but how people can argue its the strongest is beyond me.

Hopefully for us here Chelsea can beat Galatasary. Or at least score a goal. :dozey:

steveaki13
25th February 2014, 21:37
Honestly, I can't understand they carry on with Moyes. Probably they want to show that United is a serious Club :s

I thought Moyes would do OK at the start of the season (not winning the league like Fergi but maybe champions league easy enough.

At this rate they will finish 10th and be out of Europe.

Sadly Moyes either needs to buy 10 superstars in summer, or he is going to get the sack. One or other.

pino
25th February 2014, 21:50
I can't remember when was last time, I saw United playing so bad. Not heart, no motivation, nothing at all...

Brown, Jon Brow
25th February 2014, 23:11
English Clubs lost 2-0, 2-0, 2-0

Of course its the strongest league in the world. :laugh:

Before anyone asks I am English and believe the Premier League is the most entertaining to watch, but how people can argue its the strongest is beyond me.

Hopefully for us here Chelsea can beat Galatasary. Or at least score a goal. :dozey:

I don't think anyone believes it is the strongest any more. It was arguable the best league in Europe around 2007 - 2009 but nowhere near now. It certainly is the best brand though.

United are awful. Moyes has apparently worked more on physical training, perhaps maybe work on some passing????

Storm
26th February 2014, 04:59
Ody :beer:

and I read in the newspaper an article today with the headline "Rooney's skills at negotiating table are dwarfed by his skills on the pitch"

:laugh: what a sales pitch?

Big Ben
26th February 2014, 14:30
I like MU so I think this defeat is the best thing that could happen to them. I hope they don't go through.
I don't want to find out how wrong could a match against Bayern go, for instance.

anfield5
26th February 2014, 18:44
Being a born and bred Liverpool supporter I think MU tribulations are absolutely hilarious. They are going through the same sort of lull that most clubs experience when a long time (and I hate too say this) and quite brilliant manager steps aside. You have to remember that Moyes inherited the team, and even though they were defending champions, many of them have certainly surpassed their shelf lives.

As a scouser I would love United to fall into the trap of blaming Moyes and replace him for next season, as this will further spiral the club down. Davis is a good manager, you cant keep a club like Everton near the top of the table without knowing your stuff. Before anyone says "yes, but... look where Everton are without him - Roberto Martinez is exceptional.

If MU are still struggling next season, then point the finger at the boss, at least allow him to build his own team first.

odykas
26th February 2014, 19:47
Go Schalke!

odykas
26th February 2014, 20:06
Balls * 2 :dozey:

Mintexmemory
26th February 2014, 20:20
Being a born and bred Liverpool supporter I think MU tribulations are absolutely hilarious. They are going through the same sort of lull that most clubs experience when a long time (and I hate too say this) and quite brilliant manager steps aside. You have to remember that Moyes inherited the team, and even though they were defending champions, many of them have certainly surpassed their shelf lives.

As a scouser I would love United to fall into the trap of blaming Moyes and replace him for next season, as this will further spiral the club down. Davis is a good manager, you cant keep a club like Everton near the top of the table without knowing your stuff. Before anyone says "yes, but... look where Everton are without him - Roberto Martinez is exceptional.

If MU are still struggling next season, then point the finger at the boss, at least allow him to build his own team first.

But he doesn't have the cash to replace all the dead wood - 60M max spend p.a. it seems. That'll get him 2-3 top line players assuming the rats (with dutch names) don't jump ship! He has to replace Ferdinand and Vidic for a start - Smalling and Jones appear not to have filled the roles they were bought for!

anfield5
26th February 2014, 20:47

But he doesn't have the cash to replace all the dead wood - 60M max spend p.a. it seems. That'll get him 2-3 top line players assuming the rats (with dutch names) don't jump ship! He has to replace Ferdinand and Vidic for a start - Smalling and Jones appear not to have filled the roles they were bought for!

You are absolutely correct, which further underlines the need for MU to have a manager who can build a team around young players rather than one who needs to buy over-priced Euro players. Again I would say that Moyes is the man for the job. Also this is the way most long-term success is achieved, it is how Ferguson built his dynasty, it is how Liverpool dominated the 70's and 80's.

I know I am being idealistic to a degree and there is a need, even a demand for immediate success in top class football, but well run clubs (and traditionally MU has been one) do tend to look at the big picture and to the future.

Just look at certain clubs in the EPL, who change managers at least once per season, and spend uber-millions on players - they have the occasional good season, but on the whole they don't achieve much - Chelsea is a great example. Since Abramovich has taken over they have had 11 managers in 10 seasons, spent 713 million pounds on 72 players and have been moderately successful. Compare this to MU in the same period and the difference is quite startling

odykas
26th February 2014, 21:41
Endless balls :dozey:

Storm
27th February 2014, 08:09
yeah :\

and I was hoping Chelsea lose to make all 4 "English" teams in trouble...

anfield5
27th February 2014, 20:01
Endless balls :dozey:

Are you suggesting that Schalke can't score 6 times in Madrid?

odykas
28th February 2014, 18:48
Lazio kicked out by Ludogorets Razgrad :D (who? :dozey:)

steveaki13
1st March 2014, 20:36
Gibraltar 1-4 Faroe Islands after 70 minutes. Suddenly Germany seems a bit more scary.

pino
2nd March 2014, 11:50
Milan-Juve tonight, a win can give us a + 11 gap on Roma ! :D

Storm
3rd March 2014, 06:05
Lazio kicked out by Ludogorets Razgrad :D

I know Europa League is 2nd rate compared to CL but the amount of dodgy/blooper goals was shocking...I saw a highlights show and this game had a funny goal in it too...

too much football and too much wine last night for me...well can't have too much football actually ;)

Madrid derbi to begin with and only if Atleti would have defended better for 10 mins I would have ended it happier..still a draw is good for Barca...later on a bit of Sevilla v Sociedad...and then Barca v Almeria (Neymar could have scored a hat-trick easily and did not score even one of the 4...but fantastic to see Puyol start and also score :D ) - at the same time also watched a bit of Juve v Milan....Milan played well but still lost hah..

Storm
5th March 2014, 08:01
Puyol leaving Barca at the end of the season :(

veeten
5th March 2014, 14:03
Spain vs. Italy... :D

Gadjio vs. Pino :p

gadjo_dilo
5th March 2014, 19:26
Romania vs Argentina

Gadjo vs Gadjo cos these are her all time fav teams.

steveaki13
5th March 2014, 19:48
Should be a good game in terms of prestige Gadjo.

Messi and Co. coming to Romania. Good Luck

veeten
6th March 2014, 00:11
Happy gadjo... :D

Rollo
6th March 2014, 00:32
Ho ho ho Australia. Leading 3-0 at half time and then having a man sent off to lose 4-3 against Ecuador.

I'm going to change my prediction for the World Cup. Australia is still going to lose all three matches but I now suggest that it will concede 25 goals rather than 20.

millencolin
6th March 2014, 02:11
Ho ho ho Australia. Leading 3-0 at half time and then having a man sent off to lose 4-3 against Ecuador.

I'm going to change my prediction for the World Cup. Australia is still going to lose all three matches but I now suggest that it will concede 25 goals rather than 20.

Yeah, but we'll score 8 goals now instead of 1

Rollo
6th March 2014, 06:07

Against World Cup holders and number 1 ranked Spain? Against World Cup runners up and number 10 ranked Netherlands? Against number 14 ranked Chile?

Even Darryl Kerrigan would say "Tell him he's dreamin".

anfield5
6th March 2014, 18:49

Against World Cup holders and number 1 ranked Spain? Against World Cup runners up and number 10 ranked Netherlands? Against number 14 ranked Chile?

Even Darryl Kerrigan would say "Tell him he's dreamin".

Australia's problem (much like New Zealand) is simply player depth. If they can keep the best 11 on the pitch and injury free, they could possibly surprise their higher ranked opposition, they have done it before. But if players are unavailable, the replacements they have are just not good enough, this is when they will struggle. Unfortunately for Aus, they have the toughest group and chances are, their best 11 will not be able to play all three games.

Rollo
6th March 2014, 22:13
Not just player depth but in this case completely out of their depth.

The 6-0 thumpings that both Brazil and France gave the Socceroos should have been indicative of what the World Cup will be like. At the last world cup, even with in theory the best XI on the pitch, Australia was torn to curtains by Germany.

I don't think that Ange will have any possible reply when they meet Spain who won both the last World cup and Euro 2012 and who went through Group I in Europe undefeated. The Netherlands who were runners up in 2010 went through Group D in qualifying also undefeated.
Chile did lose 6 times on their way to this tournament but bear in mind that CONMEBOL as a confederation is probably better on average than all the final 16 teams a Euro tournament.
Australia on its way to the World Cup, knocked up a string of draws and a few wins and did just enough to get there. They go into the tournament as the lowest ranked team.

Look, I can understand the optimism but the 23 which Australia will send to Brazil certainly won't be a golden generation but maybe in Russia in 2018 (if it gets played there), there will have been four years to develop a class side.
2014 though is like pitching the Socceroos to the lions, except that this time, Daniel gets eaten.

Storm
10th March 2014, 05:24
0-1 to Valladolid...and I don't think on current form (defensive mainly) that they can get more than a draw at Bernabeu..
so the league is gone. :(

steveaki13
10th March 2014, 13:28
0-1 to Valladolid...and I don't think on current form (defensive mainly) that they can get more than a draw at Bernabeu..
so the league is gone. :(

There is some deep issues in this squad now for me.

It could be a summer of huge change, otherwise the rot will continue and they will be a UEFA Europa league team.

pino
10th March 2014, 17:43
Juve-Fiorentina 1-0
Napoli-Roma 1-0

+14 points and scudetto almost sure ! :D

anfield5
11th March 2014, 02:10
Not just player depth but in this case completely out of their depth.

The 6-0 thumpings that both Brazil and France gave the Socceroos should have been indicative of what the World Cup will be like. At the last world cup, even with in theory the best XI on the pitch, Australia was torn to curtains by Germany.

I don't think that Ange will have any possible reply when they meet Spain who won both the last World cup and Euro 2012 and who went through Group I in Europe undefeated. The Netherlands who were runners up in 2010 went through Group D in qualifying also undefeated.
Chile did lose 6 times on their way to this tournament but bear in mind that CONMEBOL as a confederation is probably better on average than all the final 16 teams a Euro tournament.
Australia on its way to the World Cup, knocked up a string of draws and a few wins and did just enough to get there. They go into the tournament as the lowest ranked team.

Look, I can understand the optimism but the 23 which Australia will send to Brazil certainly won't be a golden generation but maybe in Russia in 2018 (if it gets played there), there will have been four years to develop a class side.
2014 though is like pitching the Socceroos to the lions, except that this time, Daniel gets eaten.

Fair point and a more than fair assumption as well. As an English-born kiwi, this should make me smile - the thought of Aus getting sliced to ribbons and used as fish bait, but in truth I really want to see them do ok.

donKey jote
12th March 2014, 21:09
Messy !! :D

steveaki13
12th March 2014, 21:41
Terrible Ref tonight :p :confused:

Storm
13th March 2014, 06:13
Messy !! :D
Nice that he keeps running against guys like Demichelis and Lescott rather than Kompany, eh?

Kompany is the type of guy who should come in next season (cheaper than Thiago Silva too I guess)
The commentry was horrible (again) with so much English bias, you would think ManCity dominated this game and had so many shots on goal and were very unlucky just due to ref mistake on Dzeko foul.

The game was quite open though but Barca had many more shots which could have been potential goals...Alba was class though.
Neymar...is the transfer thingie getting to him (although he scored 3 goals for Brasil)...he seems a bit off even though he tried being a bit more selfish last night (which he should!). Pedro not even on as a sub? his pace could have opened them up further.

steveaki13
17th March 2014, 09:08
Barcelona 7-0 Osasuna

Messi with a hattrick and an all round better performance. Hoorah........

Storm
17th March 2014, 16:01
and top goalscorer for Barça of all time in the process :eek:

steveaki13
17th March 2014, 16:25
and with 31 goals in total for Barca this season he is only behind Ronaldo by 8 goals despite missing 3 a month early in the season and another 2 months in November and December

Storm
21st March 2014, 07:00
CL was boring this week so skipped it but actually saw Europa League which was very interesting - 2nd legs and that too in back to back weeks..this is how CL needs to be.

Fiorentina v Juve and Fio was on its way even with a 0-0, but the Pirlo and his super goal :eek: :up:

where's pino?

Big Ben
21st March 2014, 12:32
just what I was afraid of... Man Utd saw Olympiakos off to face BAYERN in the next round :D

steveaki13
21st March 2014, 13:40
just what I was afraid of... Man Utd saw Olympiakos off to face BAYERN in the next round :D

Good Luck http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-006.gif

pino
21st March 2014, 13:41
CL was boring this week so skipped it but actually saw Europa League which was very interesting - 2nd legs and that too in back to back weeks..this is how CL needs to be.

Fiorentina v Juve and Fio was on its way even with a 0-0, but the Pirlo and his super goal :eek: :up:

where's pino?

I am here, and still celebrating...that was a great win and an amazing goal by our Maestro Pirlo :up: :D

http://youtu.be/NFIDpDKCUjk

Storm
21st March 2014, 14:26
Barca v Atletico (as much as a tough game it will be I still think it is the best draw for Barca in their current rather "delicate" situation rather than facing Bayern or Real right away..that can wait till semis ;) )
Bayern v ManU (fight of the dutch egos and final nail in manu's season - perhaps)
Madrid v Dortmund (this will be easy this yr for Real, no Lewandowski in leg 1 either)
Chelsea v PSG (fight of the super-egos again - though only one of them is a player)

steveaki13
21st March 2014, 16:27
I largely agree Storm.

Bayern should beat Man U quite easily. Hope not but I cant see what United have to threaten Bayern.

Real Madrid should beat Dortmund easily this season. Just hope Borussia can pull something out of the ordinary.

Barcelona v Atletico - This should be Barca just, but I really fear for Messi & Co. They always struggle more against Atletico than Real Madrid do and they know how to keep Messi quiet with rough handed tactics. Fingers crossed Barca can do it.

PSG v Chelsea - Should be a good tie. PSG are moving on up and with Ibra they could give Chelsea a real run for there money.

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd March 2014, 13:29

where's pino?

How was Man Utd over turning a 2-0 deficit against Olympyakos boring. Both teams went out in search of goals, it was a great game to watch.

RVP is out of the Bayern game so Man Utd hopes rest on the so called 'overrated' one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scCAiENmuvo

odykas
23rd March 2014, 19:43
Vamos Blaugrana!

donKey jote
23rd March 2014, 20:03
and INIESTAAA :D :D :D

odykas
23rd March 2014, 20:03
Iniesta!!!!!!

odykas
23rd March 2014, 20:09
Stupid Benzema :laugh:

Barca defense still a joke :evil:

donKey jote
23rd March 2014, 20:12
awww Messi does a donkey :bigcry:

odykas
23rd March 2014, 20:12
Huge miss :dozey:

donKey jote
23rd March 2014, 20:16
balls benzema :dozey:

odykas
23rd March 2014, 20:17
Balls :evil:

Same old joke Mascherano :mad:

donKey jote
23rd March 2014, 20:19
big balls benzema :dozey::dozey:

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd March 2014, 20:37
A very absorbing game

donKey jote
23rd March 2014, 20:38
MEsSIIIIII :D :D

odykas
23rd March 2014, 21:07
What a dive! :eek:

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd March 2014, 21:08
Well that should have been a free kick, not a pen

donKey jote
23rd March 2014, 21:09
big fat balls :dozey:

donKey jote
23rd March 2014, 21:15
penalty and red for ramos from an offside neymar !

If moanrinho were still there he'd be livid :dozey:

odykas
23rd March 2014, 21:24
Maybe the ref tried to correct the previous mistake with another mistake.

donKey jote
23rd March 2014, 21:26
oooh alves hits the post ! :mad:

donKey jote
23rd March 2014, 21:36
ooh another penalti... is the ref losing it ? :dozey:

donKey jote
23rd March 2014, 21:36
watch Messi mess it :dozey:

donKey jote
23rd March 2014, 21:37
and 3-4 :D :D :D :D

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd March 2014, 21:37
Now attacker walking into a defender is a penalty

donKey jote
23rd March 2014, 21:46
and Barça trail the madrids by only 1 point :D

odykas
23rd March 2014, 21:48
Stupid ref ruined the match :(

steveaki13
23rd March 2014, 22:24
Great first half.

Joke second half.

Good win for Barca though.

Messi was awesome tonight.

3 goals
1 assist and the pass for Neymar (which he then dived for a penalty:dozey:)

Never the less Messi did his bits brilliantly 2 great Penalties and a nice Goal. Shame about the early miss.

Storm
24th March 2014, 04:22
this was a farce...but 4-3 away yay :D

pino
24th March 2014, 06:47
this was a farce...but 4-3 away yay :D

The whole Liga is a farce :p: meanwhile...another great away win for amazing Juve, and still + 14 points on Roma :D

Storm
25th March 2014, 08:33
and serie A which started out as Roma in the title hunt and also Napoli is a one horse race again ...not that you mind ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
25th March 2014, 16:10
El Classico the other night, tonight it is ManClassico as City travel across Mancunian Way to take on struggling United.

I've got my ticket, lets hope I haven't spent the best part of £50 to watch Man Utd get thrashed again!

steveaki13
25th March 2014, 22:04
El Classico the other night, tonight it is ManClassico as City travel across Mancunian Way to take on struggling United.

I've got my ticket, lets hope I haven't spent the best part of £50 to watch Man Utd get thrashed again!

How did that work out. :p

Manchester City were OK, but just appeared to have to much for you to handle. Whats your thoughts on the direction Man U need to go?

Brown, Jon Brow
26th March 2014, 00:33

Manchester City were OK, but just appeared to have to much for you to handle. Whats your thoughts on the direction Man U need to go?

Pretty much what I expected. It's not that any Man Utd players underperformed, it's just that they aren't good enough (Fellaini, Cleverley, Valencia....) and Moyes' tactics are questionable. I'm not even certain what formations we played tonight, I'm not even sure the players knew.

anfield5
26th March 2014, 00:57

In truth they need to get rid of players like Fellani Cleverly etc who aren't good enough, and retire some of the old brigade. They then have to bring in 5+ younger players, the problem with this is they don't have the money to do this. The other option is to do what Ferguson did when he took over, and to an extent what Rogers has done at Anfield - invest in youth, take a season or so to bring on the best local talent available and add to this one or two selected expensive signings. This is a long-term fix and depending on how impatient the club and it's fans are may not be an attractive fix.

Big Ben
26th March 2014, 14:05
One may call me a Man Utd fan, even though I strongly dislike that word... but it's a team I like and I enjoy seeing them do well... and I think new managers should be given time to get the teams running according to their style and ideas but I start to have serious doubts that David Moyes is up to the task. The team's not great but they won the title last year... or it felt more like the others lost it but they we're up there to take advantage of it. It may be that SAF saw that the team has the potential to win something every now and then in the right circumstances but compared to the other superpowers of Europe they are little kids... and decided he was too old to start it over and ended it on a high note. We are not close friends :laugh: so this is just speculation.. But coming back to Moyes, the team may not be great but IMO they are underachieving greatly. They went from Premier League champions to be outsiders for an Europa League spot.... and since the team's pretty much the same (if not, one might say, better with the signing of Mata) we could put the decline on Moyes' (and his staff) shoulders.

Brown, Jon Brow
26th March 2014, 17:49
One may call me a Man Utd fan, even though I strongly dislike that word... but it's a team I like and I enjoy seeing them do well... and I think new managers should be given time to get the teams running according to their style and ideas but I start to have serious doubts that David Moyes is up to the task. The team's not great but they won the title last year... or it felt more like the others lost it but they we're up there to take advantage of it. It may be that SAF saw that the team has the potential to win something every now and then in the right circumstances but compared to the other superpowers of Europe they are little kids... and decided he was too old to start it over and ended it on a high note. We are not close friends :laugh: so this is just speculation.. But coming back to Moyes, the team may not be great but IMO they are underachieving greatly. They went from Premier League champions to be outsiders for an Europa League spot.... and since the team's pretty much the same (if not, one might say, better with the signing of Mata) we could put the decline on Moyes' (and his staff) shoulders.

The thing is that they have got worse as the season has progressed. There has been too much change at coaching level with all of Fergusons staff replaced when Moyes came in. Look at how Barcelona have replaced their managers in recent years but have managed to keep the coaching staff the same?

I'd like to see the likes of Scholes and Gary Neville in the coaching set-up.

It's pretty desperate when your side is 0-1 down before you've even made it to your seat, which is what happened to me last night :(

donKey jote
27th March 2014, 20:29
teehee Real went and lost against Sevilla... their second match in a row :D

steveaki13
27th March 2014, 21:09

I know. I was in bed by the time I heard that result on the radio. I actually leaped up and pump the air when I heard that.

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-035.gif

Makes the potential title decider in the last game. Atletico v Barca very exciting

Big Ben
28th March 2014, 14:12
The thing is that they have got worse as the season has progressed. There has been too much change at coaching level with all of Fergusons staff replaced when Moyes came in. Look at how Barcelona have replaced their managers in recent years but have managed to keep the coaching staff the same?

I'd like to see the likes of Scholes and Gary Neville in the coaching set-up.

It's pretty desperate when your side is 0-1 down before you've even made it to your seat, which is what happened to me last night :(

That's pretty much what happened to me too... just that the seat was in front of a tv. As I switched channels the first thing I saw was that ball hitting the post and bouncing in Dzeko's leg. I thought i got the starting time wrong but then I saw they haven't played a full minute yet. I went to sleep at half-time. As far as I can tell Man Utd did pretty much the same.

I'm disappointed at how SAF handled his retirement. Maybe with a little notice they could have approached Guardiola for instance... or some other guy who's main achievement is more than not being sacked for x years.

odykas
28th March 2014, 14:23
Sevilla! :D

Storm
28th March 2014, 14:25
now they know how it feels ....

from top of league to P3 within a week ;)
poor Valdes though.

steveaki13
28th March 2014, 18:42
poor Valdes though.
Yes. Its such a sad way to end a 10+ year career at Barca

Donney
29th March 2014, 09:14
Now they want Casillas back

BleAivano
30th March 2014, 16:35
A Swedish football supporter was killed today in a what probably was a staged fight between hooligans.

anfield5
30th March 2014, 20:30
LIVERPOOL 4-0 against some bunch of part-timers from somewhere near Arsenal. Top of the Premiership with six to play!!

Rollo
30th March 2014, 22:52
Now all we need in Man City to falter a little. Liverpool will need to show their credentials in these last six matches, for two of them are against Man City and Chelsea.

anfield5
31st March 2014, 02:09
Now all we need in Man City to falter a little. Liverpool will need to show their credentials in these last six matches, for two of them are against Man City and Chelsea.

Yes and what a way to finish the year. April 13th home to City then two weeks later home to Chelsea. If we win these games chances are we will be Champions, but if we don't and we finish second or even third, it has still been a great season, being at the pointy end of things all year, and if CIty end up on top fair play to them

Storm
31st March 2014, 06:11
I am hoping against hope and Chelsea/ManCity that LFC make it this time. I was watching the game last night and even my wife thought Gerrard deserved a title for his long haul in such a team.

For some reason I think it might the year of the 2 teams which haven't won a title in ages (and no Arsenal is not one of them). LIverpool and Atletico. Both would deserve it tbh (although I would love it more if Barca beat them on final day ;) and Tuesday!)

pino
31st March 2014, 12:29
Juventus fairly beaten in Naples 0-2, but still 11 points gap on Roma :p:

Brown, Jon Brow
1st April 2014, 16:31
Really scared about watching the Man Utd v Bayern game tonight. Has the potential to be really humiliating.

MrJan
1st April 2014, 18:15
A Swedish football supporter was killed today in a what probably was a staged fight between hooligans.

That's crazy and also sad. Have never thought much about there being Swedish hooligans, let alone overly violent ones. That said I was at a couple of hockey games a few years back and there was definitely a 'tribal' feel, the fans seemed to be very passionate. Whenever fans are passionate you always run the risk of things getting out of hand.

anfield5
1st April 2014, 19:38
Really scared about watching the Man Utd v Bayern game tonight. Has the potential to be really humiliating.

I don't know jon, I think Bayern will do better than you are thinking

Brown, Jon Brow
1st April 2014, 19:45
Brilliant goal by Welbeck. Disallowed. :(

Brown, Jon Brow
1st April 2014, 20:02
No football game tonight ladies and gents, just Bayern passing it around like a training game. Only a matter of time before they pass it into the net.

steveaki13
1st April 2014, 20:35
Not so far. Your parking of the bus and odd counter attack have got some results.

Brown, Jon Brow
1st April 2014, 20:39
Not so far. Your parking of the bus and odd counter attack have got some results.

Welbeck has got to score one v one with the keeper and his disallowed goal was a bit harsh... the defender is trying to head a ball at waist height!

Chelsea won the Champions League with these tactics.

steveaki13
1st April 2014, 20:45
Welbeck has got to score one v one with the keeper and his disallowed goal was a bit harsh... the defender is trying to head a ball at waist height!

Chelsea won the Champions League with these tactics.

Absolutely. These day Manchester United will never outplay Bayern, so these tactics can work. Welbeck should just have slotted the ball home. Not try the Messi scoop

Brown, Jon Brow
1st April 2014, 20:57
Vidic!!!!

Brown, Jon Brow
1st April 2014, 21:06
Schweinsteiger :(

donKey jote
1st April 2014, 21:33
lucky Atléti :sailor:

Brown, Jon Brow
1st April 2014, 21:36
1:1 in both games tonight.

Man Utd lucky to still be in the tie but anything can now happen in 90 minutes.

Storm
2nd April 2014, 07:23
lucky Atléti :sailor:
yeah, Courtouis basically kept the tie alive..and they snuck an away goal with a wonderful strike. No attacks apart from that...Bartra did well after being thrust in such a big game

steveaki13
2nd April 2014, 08:38
Messi apart from a great pass and header looked surprisingly sluggish. Having said that Atletico have a way of stopping him and Barca. 2 goals in 4 games only this season.

Brown, Jon Brow
2nd April 2014, 09:49
As much as I want Man United to win I still want to watch Bayern v Barca....:p

odykas
2nd April 2014, 13:31
Lucky Bayern :evil:

steveaki13
2nd April 2014, 13:40
Barcelona have been given a 2 transfer window ban on bringing in any players.

No new GK, CBs or attackers until Summer 2015.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26852466

Storm
2nd April 2014, 19:09
shit. worst possible time for a ban like this.
No Valdes (now I guess he will stay another season? technically he can go I think as he is out of contract, but some loyalty like Buffon showed back in 06 would make him even more of a fan favourite.. I do not want Pinto for a year :eek: )
No Puyol? same story again.

and worse...no new central defender, another year of Mascherano mess-ups, sluggist Cesc and Alexis (his good form this yr would have made it easy to sell him :p: )
I think this guarantees Deulofeu coming back though which should be good. They need a shake-up in the front 3. Tello needs to play more!

odykas
2nd April 2014, 19:28
and worse...no new central defender, another year of Mascherano mess-ups!

This this the worst :evil:

donKey jote
2nd April 2014, 20:00
Maschewho? :andrea: :p

odykas
2nd April 2014, 20:08
Double balls @ Dortmund :dozey:

Storm
4th April 2014, 06:46
:hmph:

odykas
4th April 2014, 08:49
Lyon - Juve: 0 - 1 @ Forgotten League

anfield5
6th April 2014, 21:20
West Ham 1-2 Liverpool. 5 to go and still on top. Huge game this weekiend when Man City turn up at Anfield.

steveaki13
6th April 2014, 21:25
win that and its yours to win or lose

anfield5
8th April 2014, 22:55
win that and its yours to win or lose

It is ours to win or lose now. If city hypothetically win their 2 games in hand they have a 2 point lead, so if we beat them we would be 1 point ahead. Lose on Saturday, and it is a battle for second with Chelsea.

Storm
9th April 2014, 07:23
started watching thre psg-chelsea match last night but for some reason I love watching Dortmund at home with all the yellow-black and the crowd noise - so shifted to that game in a few mins, and they delivered!!!
great game, and Dortmund were so unlucky not to score the 3rd goal :(

chelsea with a late goal went through too... :\
with tonight's matches open, we could have a potential clasico semi - or a madrid derbi or chelsea v real or mou v pep
semis should be fun...but first up

força barça!

Big Ben
9th April 2014, 10:24
that Mkhitaryan made me cry

Storm
9th April 2014, 15:41
that Mkhitaryan made me cry

if only those chances had fallen to Lewandowski, we might have been crying with joy :p:

odykas
9th April 2014, 19:46
Balls :dozey:

But where was the defence? :evil:

pino
9th April 2014, 19:49
Barca already down :s

odykas
9th April 2014, 19:53
Messi did a donkey :s

I hope Barca wake up

pino
9th April 2014, 20:57
Amazing goal by Evra, United leads Bayern

pino
9th April 2014, 21:00
And now Mandzukic, so now Bayern-United 1-1

pino
9th April 2014, 21:07
Müller gives lead to Bayern...but isn't over yet !

pino
9th April 2014, 21:15
Robben scores 3rd for Bayern, so bye bye United !

donKey jote
9th April 2014, 21:22
big fat donkey balls :dozey:

donKey jote
9th April 2014, 21:31
oh well, at least it's la leti :bandit:

steveaki13
9th April 2014, 22:30
I think Messi needs to leave Barca. I have been on the Barcelona Forum tonight and the hate he is getting is unreal.

I mean I know his was awful tonight and last week, but really some of those fans don't deserve him. He would be better freshening his career elsewhere.

Barca as a whole need a rebuild, but with the transfer ban, its not happening any time soon.

Sad days

Storm
10th April 2014, 09:31
Messi needs to refresh and perhaps a good World Cup run would be the best for all concerned...this season is fast unravelling for Barca.He was very poor though last night, giving away the ball so many times..Alves almost made me pull my hair out with some of his passing/defending (if we can call it that)

yeah no transfers is really going to hurt and a thought came to me, that perhaps no big coach will come until the transfer ban goes away. Also Luis Enrique is the chosen one after Tata goes - which might be soon if we lose the Liga as well as Copa next week.

My hope - Masche, Song, Alves, Cesc, Alexis out
Xavi to retire at the end of next year - Give Sergi Roberto a bigger chance along with Deulofeu, Tello and perhaps Bojan comes back too.

When buying players - a good central defender (Kompany/Hummels), a strong midfielder (Gundogan) and a proper #9 as a plan B or even a plan A in some cases (good in the air and strong - Dzeko?Mandzukic?)

Messi (although he has scored boat loads of goals as a falso 9, should think long and hard what is best for the team - for a team setup well defensively, he just does not get the space and time to do his magic)
The best attack Barca had in the recent past was Etoo, Henry and Messi (on the right wing) and he still scored tonnes.

pino
10th April 2014, 10:25
Barca era is over, they need to build a new squad, and a new coach. Won't be easy, good luck ;)

Big Ben
10th April 2014, 11:04
Well... Go Atletico! I really hope they win both La Liga and the Champions League.

pino
10th April 2014, 12:38
Well... Go Atletico! I really hope they win both La Liga and the Champions League.

+1 ;)

pino
10th April 2014, 12:47
I just hope Atletico won't play Chelsea in semi, Courtais cannot play against them. Stupid rules :down:

steveaki13
10th April 2014, 14:03
I just hope Atletico won't play Chelsea in semi, Courtais cannot play against them. Stupid rules :down:

He can play apparently but Atletico have to pay Chelsea a big chunk of money if he does. Thus Atletico CBA (cant be arsed) with that and so wont play him.

Seems wrong to me that Atletico have to play a weak team in a Champions League Semi Final.

pino
10th April 2014, 14:25
It's wrong that Atletico cannot play with their first keeper, only because Chelsea owns him. UEFA shouldn't allow this unfair rule/deal !

steveaki13
10th April 2014, 16:17
It's wrong that Atletico cannot play with their first keeper, only because Chelsea owns him. UEFA shouldn't allow this unfair rule/deal !

I agree Pino. I mean if they meet in the final of the Champions League then one team is forced to play a reserve GK, then I don't see how that is a top end competition for arguably the biggest club football match in the world.

Donney
10th April 2014, 16:43
My only hope is that Madrid and anything related to Mourinho won't win anything this season.

donKey jote
10th April 2014, 20:17
+1 :D

or anything bayerisch :andrea::bandit:

steveaki13
11th April 2014, 10:36
So anyone of those 4 semi finalists apart from those 3. :D I can go with that.

Storm
11th April 2014, 11:35
Bayern v Real
Chelsea v Atletico

could have a madrid derbi or pep v mou in the final....

aupa atleti :D

ps: Courtouis will be able to play w/o ATM paying anything to CHE
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140411/atletico-madrid/courtois-podra-jugar-contra-el-chelsea_54404924558.html

edit:
forgot abt Europa ;)
Juve - Benfica
Sevilla - Valencia

pino
11th April 2014, 12:57
Great news about Courtois, for once UEFA used their brain !

Juve must play a lot better than they did vs Lyon, or they won't reach Europa final. Benfica has a great squad...

steveaki13
12th April 2014, 22:41
WTF is going on at Barca?

Lost 1-0 to Granada despite having 80% possession and 30 shots to 3 or something. The team looked weak, rusty and tired.

They have major issues to sort out.

donKey jote
13th April 2014, 09:05
:dozey:

steveaki13
13th April 2014, 11:09
:dozey:

I wholeheartedly agree. Dozey they were :mad:

anfield5
13th April 2014, 21:04
Liverpool 3-2 City. Pole position finally for the Pool, hopefully pole can be converted into a win.

steveaki13
13th April 2014, 21:31
Liverpool 3-2 City. Pole position finally for the Pool, hopefully pole can be converted into a win.

Just Chelsea to hold or beat and you are there Anfield.

I cant wait. I would love Liverpool to do it.

anfield5
13th April 2014, 22:35
I still wouldn't take beating Norwich, Palace and Newcastle for granted and one draw is all that it will take to upset the run. I will relax when and only when we are uncatchable, which will probably be after the final whistle against the Geordies

steveaki13
13th April 2014, 22:50
Norwich and Palace of course both gonna be battling for survival and Newcastle can be tough, although lately they look rubbish.

pino
16th April 2014, 12:57
So tonight La Copa final, any predictions ? I say 2-1 to Barca !!!

Storm
16th April 2014, 14:09
I still wouldn't take beating Norwich, Palace and Newcastle for granted and one draw is all that it will take to upset the run. I will relax when and only when we are uncatchable, which will probably be after the final whistle against the Geordies

This.

final whistle in ALL games infact.
ManU probably thought....win this match and its all over as well..in 2012 :D

As for Barca, serious issues..if they lose tonight this season will be a disaster..considering where they were in the liga, CL and Copa at the mid way mark.

pino
16th April 2014, 15:36
Storm, your prediction for tonight ?

donKey jote
16th April 2014, 19:16
I predict a big royal booing and Madrid down to 10 men, like in all cup finals and clásicos :andrea:

donKey jote
16th April 2014, 20:36
Goodnight :dozey:

donKey jote
16th April 2014, 21:50
Good morning :D

pino
16th April 2014, 22:04
Meanwhile, in PL, City-Sunderland 2-2 :D

donKey jote
16th April 2014, 22:07
Big fat donkey balls :dozey:

pino
16th April 2014, 22:09
Can't believe Barca has such a bad goal-keeper :(

donKey jote
16th April 2014, 22:12
Bejayyysus Neymar almost had it :eek:

donKey jote
16th April 2014, 22:15
Where the f was Messi ?
Barca played with 10 men :dozey:

pino
16th April 2014, 22:20
Messi was left on the bench by Martino :rolleyes:

steveaki13
17th April 2014, 08:47
Cant just blame Messi, he looked absent but the whole team just looks disjointed and weak. I mean apart from Neymar at the end, they created almost nothing from any angle.

Neymar/Messi/Iniesta/Pedro and Alexis created almost nothing for the whole game.

Barca have big issues

pino
17th April 2014, 11:23
Unfortunately, I predict a dark future for Barca,especially if they are not allow to buy/sell new players, in the next transfer time...

Storm
18th April 2014, 09:00
:(

pino
19th April 2014, 09:18
Storm amico, in sport as in life, there is time with up and down. Barca will be back on top in a couple of years ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
19th April 2014, 21:54
Could be a good time for Barcelona to rebuild. Valdes, Puyol going and Xavi won't go on forever. They could come back in a few years time stronger than ever.

It could be worse. They could have had a season like Man Utd........

journeyman racer
20th April 2014, 00:44
How pathetic are Chelsea?

steveaki13
20th April 2014, 10:15
The annoying thing is that it backs up Mourinho's claims that they weren't in the title battle, but they were and it just always seems to play into Mourinho's hands.

Even cause they are loosing stupid games, Chelsea fans all rave about how on the button Mourinho is seeing it as it is, but really they have wasted a chance to win a title.

Storm
21st April 2014, 06:10
Storm amico, in sport as in life, there is time with up and down. Barca will be back on top in a couple of years ;)

I know...just sad to see how they are giving up without a fight..

although last night they showed exactly the fight needed to get back from 0-1 to 2-1
Still some stupid people waving white hankies and even whistling when Messi missed a couple of chances (although 99/100 he would score those)

oh yeah, Jon Brown, it could have been worse..its apparently end of a cycle at Barca....they aren't falling off a 'perch' in spectacular fashion :p:
(thesedays though I find it very hard to have an intense dislike for ManUtd and especially Moyes! I guess Mou/Chelsea have replaced Fergie/MUtd- it is actually even a bit difficult to hate Madrid with any intensity due to a classy guy like Ancellotti even though they will alwyas be the eternal enemy)

Brown, Jon Brow
21st April 2014, 19:59
Looks like Moyes might be on his way out. Reports are that his sacking is imminent.

anfield5
21st April 2014, 20:48
How pathetic are Chelsea?

If there is any integrity at all at Stamford Bridge, the little fat assistant coach needs to be sacked. You can't have coaching staff facing off to referees like that. As for the Thspethul (say it out loud :)) one having a go at the referee and refusing to answer questions after the game, all I can say is my kids sulk like that if they don't get a cookie - GROW UP!

On a more positive note 3 games to go and 5 points clear at the top (ok if city win their in hand game we are only 3 points clear) I almost can't watch any more - has it really been 24 years since us red scousers felt like this?

steveaki13
22nd April 2014, 08:52
David Moyes Sacked.

That's enough to make me hope Man United finish 10th next season.

henners88
22nd April 2014, 09:18
My excitement for football is mostly restored this season with Liverpool having their best stab at the Premiership ever and potentially their first league title in 24 years, I shouldn't tempt fate as nothing is certain yet. I suppose I have become a bit of a glory supporter this year as I haven't followed football closely for about 6 years now. I started supporting Liverpool in 1987 when I got my first shirt for my birthday. I still have it even though most of the word 'Paints' has come off lol. I was a season ticket holder with my brother in 1995/6 for one year, but my last trip to Anfield was in 2003. I can feel the urge to go next season again after the last few months.

I just hope the dream becomes a reality and its the first time I can remember where Man Utd loving mates have said Liverpool deserve it this year. On another note its sad about Moyes as I really did think he'd do well at Old Trafford. He went into a team that had won the league by 12 points and didn't seem capable of picking a team. I am surprised he has lasted this long however and expected this news to come 6 weeks ago.

Storm
22nd April 2014, 16:35
Everybody wants Liverpool to win this year (well most people who love football and whose team isn't fighting for the title)

Moyes not even completing the season AND LFC winning the title - should make for a lovely few days for Alex.
One camera must be trained on his face when/if Liverpool confirm the title.

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd April 2014, 17:08
Ryan Giggs is to take over till the end of the season. It will be interesting what XI he puts puts out.

Maybe he could be our Pep. :p

gadjo_dilo
22nd April 2014, 20:03
Everybody wants Liverpool to win this year (well most people who love football and whose team isn't fighting for the title)

Not only this year. I want them to win the title every year cos Liverpool is my fav team of all times. I love them as much as I love Steaua.

donKey jote
22nd April 2014, 20:38
Steaua Budapest rulez :andrea: :devil:

anfield5
22nd April 2014, 20:52
My heart goes out to Moyes. He deserved to succeed and if Utd had stuck by him and allowed him to build his own team to replace the pensioners he was left with, he probably would have done. You don't suddenly become a poor manager and it was less than a year ago he was in the hunt for the EPL manager of the year. I would guess his phone has been ringing for the past few hours with offers from other clubs both in and out of England. Wherever he goes I wish him well and I am sure he will rise again.

I don't envy the next lamb to the slaughter at United - ageing squad, not enough cash to rebuild, not to mention the malignant presence of Ferguson hovering around.

Big Ben
23rd April 2014, 07:32
I don't know how good he was at Everton in the first place. Look how bad they got after he left :rolleyes:.. I think plenty were prepared for a scenario where Man Utd didn't win any silverware but no one expected to be constantly humiliated like this. This is unacceptable not matter how 'bad' the team is (bad enough to be the current champions :rolleyes:)

pino
23rd April 2014, 08:48
Atletico vs Chelsea last night...Zzzzzzzzzz :(

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd April 2014, 09:42
I don't know how good he was at Everton in the first place. Look how bad they got after he left :rolleyes:.. I think plenty were prepared for a scenario where Man Utd didn't win any silverware but no one expected to be constantly humiliated like this. This is unacceptable not matter how 'bad' the team is (bad enough to be the current champions :rolleyes:)

There have been too many performances this year that suggest that the players aren't really playing for the manager. And too many questionable choices by Moyes. How did he get it so tactically wrong against Everton? A team with 2 of the best attacking full backs in Europe and he decides to bring Nani back into the line-up, because Nani is obviously renown for tracking full backs :rolleyes:

henners88
23rd April 2014, 12:13
Not only this year. I want them to win the title every year cos Liverpool is my fav team of all times. I love them as much as I love Steaua.
Perhaps we should stand on the Kop together, go for a few pints in The Park and sing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' lol :p :)

odykas
23rd April 2014, 17:36
I can't believe you guys didn't like Mou's play :p:

donKey jote
23rd April 2014, 18:34
Especially you Italians :p

odykas
23rd April 2014, 19:59
Real play Mou style :dozey:

odykas
23rd April 2014, 20:30
Carlo's bed time reading:

http://web.tiscali.it/calciofans/rastampa/catenaccio/catenaccio.jpg

gadjo_dilo
23rd April 2014, 20:34
Perhaps we should stand on the Kop together, go for a few pints in The Park and sing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' lol :p :)

I'd like to. Except for the singing part cos I risk to remain alone on the Kop.

P.S. And anfield5 should join us.:p

anfield5
23rd April 2014, 20:45
I'd like to. Except for the singing part cos I risk to remain alone on the Kop.

P.S. And anfield5 should join us.:p

I have been there in spirit every weekend for the past 24 years, my feet are now aching, I'm wet, cold, hungry, my voice is nearly gone from all of the countless hours of chanting and shouting, my cheeks are covered in tears from all of the dissapointing seasons. But I am not broken or even bowed. I WILL NEVER WALK ALONE! :) :)

gadjo_dilo
23rd April 2014, 20:56
And I'm ashamed I missed

Storm
24th April 2014, 07:59
Real play Mou style :dozey:
yeah but atleast they know how to counter-attack and score goals :\

Pep has turned Bayern into Tito's Barca

transfer ban for Barca is suspended for this summer atleast....now if Zubi can pull his head out of his err and buy players.

pino
24th April 2014, 12:39
The forgotten Cup tonight, Benfica vs Juventus :D

odykas
24th April 2014, 20:02

Where was the defence?

Storm
25th April 2014, 06:31
Juve risk falling out of even the forgotten cup :s

donKey jote
25th April 2014, 17:50
DEP Tito :bigcry:
Balls ! :dozey:

steveaki13
25th April 2014, 21:05

Terrible news.

So sad to lose Tito so young. Only 45. He had a year at Barca and was never able to do the job he loved as long as he should have.

odykas
25th April 2014, 23:05
I'm still shocked by the loss of Tito :bigcry:

Cannot believe this happened :(

Storm
26th April 2014, 05:31

yeah ody, I just could not believe it too..I had read on MD earlier yesterday that he was operated on, but I did not think it was at such a critical stage...with cancer though it often is a losing battle.

Still he gave it his all on every front.

steveaki13
27th April 2014, 19:55
You just knew that Mourinho's Chelsea would beat Liverpool. Some Liverpool fans I heard seemed very sure they would win, but Chelsea just always park the bus and win big games. They may lose to Swansea or whoever but they are awesome at halting other teams.

Personally I hate their approach, but it works. Now the titles in Citys hands again. Liverpool on the edge of losing it after all that.

anfield5
27th April 2014, 20:50
Bugger BUGGER BUGGER! :(

Not the end of the world, but we now need Everton to do a job on Man City next week.

Two strange goals against Chelsea. You can count Steven G's mistakes on one hand, and an injury time break away was to be expected if Liverpool wasted a corner.

gadjo_dilo
27th April 2014, 20:57
:bigcry:

steveaki13
27th April 2014, 22:10
Sad to see someone throw a banana at Dani Alves but this was legendary from him. What a guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fV2K0b38Jc

Storm
28th April 2014, 04:39
on a day when the team was not itself for obvious reasons...

as for Chelsea...that was ridiculous. unfair to the extreme - both the goals.
I would like to see a team like LFC/Barca who usually end up playing such block-headed teams to just stop attacking and play the ball among themselves in their own half - just to show what such "special" ones will do then.

Time wasting from Minute One from the Special One. the ref was an idiot and should have put a stop to that by bringing the card out at the start rather than in stoppage time..bollocks.

henners88
28th April 2014, 09:11
I watched the Liverpool vs Chelsea match yesterday and felt Liverpool were very unlucky. The Mourinho way is to score and then defend until the end and that is exactly what we saw. Hats off to Chelsea as it works and they played well with this tactic even if it produces quite boring football, but Liverpool I felt played very well. The first goal was unfortunate and Gerrard must be furious with himself, however these things happen. Squeaky bum time as they say. :)

Brown, Jon Brow
28th April 2014, 18:59
https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10303786_10154079796160790_387292587345047894_n.jp g

anfield5
28th April 2014, 21:55
I watched the Liverpool vs Chelsea match yesterday and felt Liverpool were very unlucky. The Mourinho way is to score and then defend until the end and that is exactly what we saw. Hats off to Chelsea as it works and they played well with this tactic even if it produces quite boring football, but Liverpool I felt played very well. The first goal was unfortunate and Gerrard must be furious with himself, however these things happen. Squeaky bum time as they say. :)

I feel for Stevie, he has at times single-handedly held the team together. He has been incredibly good this year, and that one second will possibly be what his season is remembered for.

As to the way Chelsea played, it was boring and negative, but at the end of the day they ground out a result with a couple of mistakes from Liverpool, so there can be no complaints. The 'Hated One' tactically got things absolutely correct. If Chelsea had played any other way they would have been beaten, so they get a begrudging well done.

steveaki13
29th April 2014, 21:18
wow. So barring a miracle still no team defends the champions league.

Bayern 0-2 Real after 30 mins.

Brown, Jon Brow
29th April 2014, 21:24
Elephant in the room. Pep sides have never been good defending set pieces. Come back Pep when you can manage a team that isn't a previous European Champion.

Maybe rebuild man United and prove yourself.

gadjo_dilo
29th April 2014, 21:28
Bayern plays as bad as Steaua. :stareup:

steveaki13
29th April 2014, 21:31
Wow 0-3 and Ronaldo could have scored another with the lob attempt.

The way this is going. It is the case that Pep's side cannot defend full stop.

Its also clear this way of playing is fine, when Barcelona did it for 3 years when all their players became one of the best teams ever. However if your not one of the best teams ever and don't have Xavi, Iniesta and Messi in the best form of there career you cant seem to win these days with this kind of football.

Barcelona have fallen away and struggle to create chances playing this way and now Bayern are playing this game and when up against the best teams they are failing to create chances.

steveaki13
29th April 2014, 21:32
Bayern plays as bad as Steaua. :stareup:

You would be way better than this Gadjo. You would only be 1-0 down not 0-3. :p

Brown, Jon Brow
29th April 2014, 21:38
It's ironic that last season Bayern showed the way to play against possession obsession when they thumped Barcelona 7-0.

steveaki13
29th April 2014, 22:25
And visa a versa.

Real know exactly how to play this new Bayern with possession style. Thanks to many games against Barcelona.

Barcelona must still be OK at it as they beat Real twice in the league. And won against the current Lost Barca in the Copa Final.

Brown, Jon Brow
29th April 2014, 22:38
The truth is that Real Madrid could easily have scored 2 or 3 more tonight. Bayern might not score if they continue playing after Real go into the dressing room, they'll just continue passing it.

Does possession obsession only work if you have Messi in your side?

odykas
29th April 2014, 22:38
0 - 4 :eek:

Stupid Pep :dozey:

Big Ben
30th April 2014, 08:26
IMO, as a renowned armchair specialist, the tactic of 'resting' the team for a month backfired. I think it would have been better for Bayern to risk some injuries then letting key players go on vacation.

Pep seems to be a one trick pony.

Gotze said he went to Bayern to work with Guardiola. Work at what?

Storm
30th April 2014, 08:59
Does possession obsession only work if you have Messi in your side?

Even that did not work last year or this year for that matter (mind you both times he was coming off injuries and looked off)

what a horror show though...I had wished Barca would be the one to take revenge but Madrid ended up humiliating Pep.
Martinez on for Mandzukic? baffling! - I would rather lose 5-3 or 4-2 than 0-2.

This could become another year when I might give the final a miss if it is Chelsea v Madrid (last final I did not watch was Chelsea v ManUtd - hard to be a neutral or take a side in any of these games)

steveaki13
30th April 2014, 09:18
While I agree Messi's injuries have affected him, I would just point out he has become the first top level player I believe to score 40 goals in 6 consecutive
seasons for club and country

Still pretty impressive.

2008/2009: 41
2009/2010: 48
2010/2011: 57
2011/2012: 82
2012/2013: 69 -missed 1.5 months with injury
2013/2014: 42 *Ongoing missed best part of 3 months over season

Big Ben
30th April 2014, 13:17
just 42 goals in a season... piss-poor. I wonder how they can still stand him.

chelski - real is quite a dream final for me as well. I can't decide which one I dislike most. I guess I could feel for a few seconds something remotely close to satisfaction if real finally wins 'la decima' in the first year after the departure of the special one.. right against the special one... I still hope though Atletico beats the living days out of both of them

steveaki13
30th April 2014, 18:42
your best bet would be to hope they had a mass brawl in the final and it was abandoned and they are both banned for 5 years by the sounds of it.

odykas
30th April 2014, 21:20
Vamos Atletico

odykas
30th April 2014, 21:23

donKey jote
30th April 2014, 21:27
balls :dozey:
oh well, at least it was the niño ...

donKey jote
30th April 2014, 21:31
:D :D :bananas:

donKey jote
30th April 2014, 21:32
the whole bus fell asleep ! :laugh:

odykas
30th April 2014, 21:44
That dino Torres :dozey:

But now 1 - 1 :D

donKey jote
30th April 2014, 22:02
stoopid costa :dozey:

donKey jote
30th April 2014, 22:03
scores though :D

odykas
30th April 2014, 22:03
Goooooaaaaaaaalllll :D

anfield5
30th April 2014, 22:06
I am torn with this match. Being English I should be backing the English club, but I really Really, Really want to see that slimy little twat of a coach of theirs finish the season with nothing to show for his efforts.

If Chelskibobski (russian for Chelsea) don't win who will be in charge there next season? David Moyes is available :)

donKey jote
30th April 2014, 22:06
bejaysus :eek:

odykas
30th April 2014, 22:14
Gooooooaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllll :D

donKey jote
30th April 2014, 22:14
Teehee Mou's bus fell asleep again :D

donKey jote
30th April 2014, 22:17
the fans are loud... all 3000 of them :D

donKey jote
30th April 2014, 22:21
"Jose Mourinho hijo de puta" :p

anfield5
30th April 2014, 22:21
What garbage will issue from the "Arrogant One's" pie hole after this match?

steveaki13
30th April 2014, 22:27
The media over here have been saying he's the best manager and his tactics will be too good for Atletico.

How up his arse are they. Jeez.

Anyway being so Defensive at home, they deserve to be screwed. I guess the Mourinho loving media will find some excuse not to say how s*** there approach has been.

odykas
30th April 2014, 22:39
I'm sure TSO will come up with plenty of stupid excuses again :laugh:

donKey jote
30th April 2014, 22:50
por qué ? :andrea:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weMfQGVFEKQ

steveaki13
30th April 2014, 22:53
Mou says the better team for most of the game lost. :dozey:

anfield5
30th April 2014, 22:56