PDA

View Full Version : Autosport digital edition

MrMetro
2nd December 2010, 14:43
Has anyone else tried out the new digital version of Autosport magazine?

I bought an issue today for £2, and IMO, its not bad. You can download it as a PDF document or read it online.

Mark
2nd December 2010, 17:06
Too expensive. I stopped buying the magazine when it went up to £1.60.

£1 and I might give it a look.

Sonic
2nd December 2010, 17:49
Too expensive. I stopped buying the magazine when it went up to £1.60.

£1 and I might give it a look.

Agreed. They called me (the publishers) and offered me a free copy of the digi issue as a thank you to a subscriber (now former - it's just too dang expensive) and it weren't half bad, but I wouldn't spend cash money on it.

AndyRAC
3rd December 2010, 22:53
Autosport hasn't been good for years. Used to be very good with a good mix of motorsport, now, it's mainly F1, with the rest used as 'filler'. When was the last time F1 wasn't on the front?

BDunnell
3rd December 2010, 22:58
Autosport hasn't been good for years. Used to be very good with a good mix of motorsport, now, it's mainly F1, with the rest used as 'filler'. When was the last time F1 wasn't on the front?

There is one reason, and one reason only, why this will be the case — because it sells, and other cover subjects don't. Sad but true. Same goes for other types of magazine, too.

AndyRAC
3rd December 2010, 23:02
There is one reason, and one reason only, why this will be the case — because it sells, and other cover subjects don't. Sad but true. Same goes for other types of magazine, too.

Yes, I agree, however it just reinforces the view that Motorsport=F1. While it has probably always been the biggest Motorsport, it's dominance is now unhealthy - other disciplines used to get decent coverage, but have now all shrunk.

BDunnell
3rd December 2010, 23:18
Yes, I agree, however it just reinforces the view that Motorsport=F1. While it has probably always been the biggest Motorsport, it's dominance is now unhealthy - other disciplines used to get decent coverage, but have now all shrunk.

It's a great shame, certainly, but Autosport will, I'm sure, have found itself in a vicious circle. The attitude you describe leads people to want to read about F1, so the magazine feels increasingly obliged to serve that interest.

wedge
4th December 2010, 01:29
It's a great shame, certainly, but Autosport will, I'm sure, have found itself in a vicious circle. The attitude you describe leads people to want to read about F1, so the magazine feels increasingly obliged to serve that interest.

A couple of years ago Jonathan Noble admitted to BBC 5live that the' Hamilton effect' was boosting Autosport's circulation.

The magazine that I consider buying these days is Motorsport