PDA

View Full Version : Blue Man Group

Ian McC
12th March 2007, 23:55
Anyone else seen them?

Just got back from seeing them for my birthday, absolutely brilliant, would recommend them to anyone! :D

Dave B
13th March 2007, 09:07
I've never understood the appeal, but having never seen them live I'm not judging them. Glad you enjoyed it though :D

CarlMetro
13th March 2007, 17:35
I saw them in Las Vegas a couple of years ago. I thought they were superb then and I have contenplated on going to see them at one of their london shows also.

Did we miss you birthday?

airshifter
13th March 2007, 18:08
We just went to see them for the second time on March 2nd. It was almost the same show we saw the first time but we still enjoyed it again. It was also the first live show we took our daughter to and she loved it. :)

Ian McC
13th March 2007, 20:21
Did we miss you birthday?

Err, yes, yesterday :( :p :

sonic_roadhog
13th March 2007, 21:33
Yeah saw them in Vegas too. Very cool show - toilet roll part was a bit odd tho

Sonic :)

CarlMetro
13th March 2007, 22:02
Err, yes, yesterday :( :p :

Oops! Sorry matey.

Belated many happy returns then :beer:

Although I guess when you get to your age, you'd rather not remember them :p :

Ian McC
13th March 2007, 23:29
Oops! Sorry matey.

Belated many happy returns then :beer:

Although I guess when you get to your age, you'd rather not remember them :p :

Errr, I'm only 21 actually but thanks anyway :D

Ian McC
13th March 2007, 23:30
toilet roll part was a bit odd tho

Oh my God that was the best bit!

Err, it's not what you think dear reader.......... :D

sal
14th March 2007, 15:52
Toilet roll and strobe lighting make for a happy mix! Saw the show at the Venetian in Vegas last year and have to agree it was superb.

Wilderness
14th March 2007, 17:35
I've never understood the appeal, but having never seen them live I'm not judging them. Glad you enjoyed it though :D
Give them a fair chance Kent. I recommend you sit up close so you don't miss any bit of the marvelous sensorial experience.

I saw them back in the mid 90s in Chicago. Do they still do the marshmellow stunt? I should go again to see what's new.

Happy belated Ian.

Ian McC
14th March 2007, 18:28
Give them a fair chance Kent. I recommend you sit up close so you don't miss any bit of the marvelous sensorial experience.

I saw them back in the mid 90s in Chicago. Do they still do the marshmellow stunt? I should go again to see what's new.

Happy belated Ian.

Thanks mate and yes marshmallows were in use :D

Wilderness
14th March 2007, 20:19
The marshmellow bit was my favorite.

Airshifter, how old is your daughter? My kids are 4 and 7 and I think they would enjoy it, but I wonder if it's too early to take them just because of the drunks in the audience.

veeten
14th March 2007, 23:03
http://www.bluemangroup.co.uk/

:D

airshifter
15th March 2007, 14:51
The marshmellow bit was my favorite.

Airshifter, how old is your daughter? My kids are 4 and 7 and I think they would enjoy it, but I wonder if it's too early to take them just because of the drunks in the audience.

My daughter is almost 8, and she had a blast!

Being her first live show, she watched the audience interaction almost as much as the stage. Both shows we have been to here have been mild as far as the drinking crowd goes, and with a very wide age swing in the audience.

This last show was across from a local college, but there still weren't any problems with the heavy drinkers.

Just remember ear plugs or cotton if you take them. With the sound levels at some shows it's too much for the younger kids. She seemed a lot more comfortable with some ear protection.

For anyone that has never seen them, give it a try. I would have never gone until my wife hounded me about it. Overall in entertainment value it's probably one of the best live shows I've ever spent money on, and I've been going to concerts for about 25 years. Last year alone we spent about $1500 on concerts and Blue Man Group was probably the best actual dollar value.

Wilderness
15th March 2007, 18:20
Thanks for the ear plug tip. As a coincidence, on the train yesterday there was a Blue Man Group add. They have three shows on Saturdays at 4, 7 and 10 and two on Sundays at 5 and 8, IIRC (they have weekday shows too). I would think the earlier shows are more family friendly.

p.s., at first, I thought $1500 was a huge amount in concerts, but then I remembered how much the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney and Ticketmaster are charging for tickets...

Mark in Oshawa
16th March 2007, 16:32
I saw them in Boston 4 years ago, loved the show, when they opened up a Toronto production, I never got around to seeing them, but after reading what you guys have described, you see them once, you have seen the show. They don't really change the show much do they? I was hoping as time went on they would really put out new editions of the show. Just the same, for those who haven't seen them, you have to see them at least once.

Ian McC
16th March 2007, 17:34
I saw them in Boston 4 years ago, loved the show, when they opened up a Toronto production, I never got around to seeing them, but after reading what you guys have described, you see them once, you have seen the show. They don't really change the show much do they? I was hoping as time went on they would really put out new editions of the show. Just the same, for those who haven't seen them, you have to see them at least once.

I guess the only person to answer that is someone who has seen them more than once. I would certainly like to see them again some time in the future.

slinkster
17th March 2007, 19:39
I've heard alot about them. .. I'd love to go see them, looks like a unique experience!

airshifter
19th March 2007, 00:34
p.s., at first, I thought $1500 was a huge amount in concerts, but then I remembered how much the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney and Ticketmaster are charging for tickets...

With prices what they are, choosing certain shows gets expensive quick. We spent right about $400 of that on two tickets for Motley Crue and Aerosmith. I saw Motley Crue when they played the US Festival which was their break into the "big time". I saw Aerosmith when they were all on drugs and the show was horrible. And I also knew that it was unlikely that the combination would ever play again, so we went.

And yes, it ended up being worth the money. :)