PDA

View Full Version : 2007 budgets

Heidfeldrulez
12th March 2007, 21:43
German new agency SID just released their (assumed) list of team's and driver's 2007 budget:

(figures are in million euro, actual salary / share of sponsor money)

01. Fernando Alonso - 30 (20/10)
02. Kimi Raikkönen - 22 (20/2)
03. Ralf Schumacher - 17 (14/3)
04. Rubens Barrichello - 10 (8/2)
05. Jarno Trulli - 8 (7/1)
06. Jenson Button - 6 (5/1)
06. David Coulthard - 6 (5/1)
06. Felipe Massa - 6 (5/1)
09. Nick Heidfeld - 5 (4/1)
09. Giancarlo Fisichella - 5 (4/1)
09. Mark Webber - 5 (4/1)
12. Nico Rosberg - 2 (1,5/0,5)
12. Alexander Wurz - 2 (1,5/0,5)
14. Robert Kubica - 1,5 (1/0,5)
14. Heikki Kovalainen - 1,5 (1/0,5)
22. Adrian Sutil - 0,3

-----------------------------------------

01. Toyota - 350
02. McLaren-Mercedes - 325
03. Ferrari - 300
04. BMW Sauber F1 Team - 280
05. Honda - 270
06. Renault - 240
07. Williams - 180
08. Red Bull Racing - 150
09. Super Aguri - 120
09. Toro Rosso - 120
11. Spyker - 100

ratonmacias
13th March 2007, 00:16
German new agency SID just released their (assumed) list of team's and driver's 2007 budget:

(figures are in million euro, actual salary / share of sponsor money)

01. Fernando Alonso - 30 (20/10)
02. Kimi Raikkönen - 22 (20/2)
03. Ralf Schumacher - 17 (14/3)
04. Rubens Barrichello - 10 (8/2)
05. Jarno Trulli - 8 (7/1)
06. Jenson Button - 6 (5/1)
06. David Coulthard - 6 (5/1)
06. Felipe Massa - 6 (5/1)
09. Nick Heidfeld - 5 (4/1)
09. Giancarlo Fisichella - 5 (4/1)
09. Mark Webber - 5 (4/1)
12. Nico Rosberg - 2 (1,5/0,5)
12. Alexander Wurz - 2 (1,5/0,5)
14. Robert Kubica - 1,5 (1/0,5)
14. Heikki Kovalainen - 1,5 (1/0,5)
22. Adrian Sutil - 0,3

-----------------------------------------

01. Toyota - 350
02. McLaren-Mercedes - 325
03. Ferrari - 300
04. BMW Sauber F1 Team - 280
05. Honda - 270
06. Renault - 240
07. Williams - 180
08. Red Bull Racing - 150
09. Super Aguri - 120
09. Toro Rosso - 120
11. Spyker - 100

wow toyota are sending to the dumpster 25million euros. with ralf and trulli. why not get an alonso or kimi and a rookie?

williams´s budget seems decent if the other teams have to develop the engine with part of the budget stated above.

massa comes up as a bargain at 6 million ferraris investment is paying off.

Schultz
13th March 2007, 01:21
I would have thought Red Bull's budget would have been a heap larger than that? is Dieter getting a little tight? William's I would have thought would be lower.

Other than that it all seems pretty right. Toyota are still wasting money :rolleyes: I can't believe Ralf is the third highest paid driver in the world's top form of motorsport...

bumble1290
13th March 2007, 01:36
I would have thought Red Bull's budget would have been a heap larger than that? is Dieter getting a little tight? William's I would have thought would be lower.

Other than that it all seems pretty right. Toyota are still wasting money :rolleyes: I can't believe Ralf is the third highest paid driver in the world's top form of motorsport...

Maybe that's why he thinks he's the third best driver on the grid

leopard
13th March 2007, 04:30
wow toyota are sending to the dumpster 25million euros. with ralf and trulli. why not get an alonso or kimi and a rookie?

Toyota joined F1 un-halfheartedly, since they decided to run F1 they are one of those have the biggest budget from time to time they might vary with Ferrari and McLaren. Unluckily their whole performance has no positive correlation yet with budget and money they have spent.

massa comes up as a bargain at 6 million ferraris investment is paying off.
This would be amazing you a bargained driver challenge the title :)

ratonmacias
13th March 2007, 14:56
Toyota joined F1 un-halfheartedly, since they decided to run F1 they are one of those have the biggest budget from time to time they might vary with Ferrari and McLaren. Unluckily their whole performance has no positive correlation yet with budget and money they have spent.

This would be amazing you a bargained driver challenge the title :)

montoya was a bargain in 2003 earning a 4th of what ralf did at the time and challenged for the title.

Heidfeldrulez
13th March 2007, 15:28
for Sir Frank every driver is a bargain, he pays notoriously little :D

ratonmacias
13th March 2007, 15:33
for Sir Frank every driver is a bargain, he pays notoriously little :D

he even got button to pay him ¡ lol.

F1boat
13th March 2007, 15:35
It is interesting that McLaren has bigger budget then Ferrari and mich bigger then Renault.

Big Ben
13th March 2007, 15:37
where´s Hamilton?

ioan
13th March 2007, 15:51
It is interesting that McLaren has bigger budget then Ferrari and mich bigger then Renault.

And it's not the first time, they even had the biggest budget of all in 2005 if my memory is still good.
They always were at the top in the last decade I would say, just a few fans of them tried to paint it as if Ferrari won titles because of a bigger budget.

ioan
13th March 2007, 15:51
where´s Hamilton?

He doesn't get paid! :D

jens
13th March 2007, 17:38
It's surprising to see RBR behind Williams. That might explain why are they struggling so much in trying to rise. But are those rankings appropriate? In one comment Webber said that RBR has better finances than Williams and unlike RBR Williams couldn't afford themselves to go testing at Bahrain?!

Very simplistic way of thinking. In fact, Toyota tried to hire Räikkönen and Alonso, but they refused to join the team! Before hiring top stars, you need to make the team attractive for them!

For example if Ferrari had in 1995 been as uncompetitive as in 1992, then Schumacher most possibly wouldn't have joined Ferrari - but in 1995 there were already clear signs of rise.

where´s Hamilton?

All of McLaren's driver salary money goes to Alonso! :p :

zoostation
13th March 2007, 17:44
button 6 but rubens 10 !?!?!?

ratonmacias
13th March 2007, 17:53
It's surprising to see RBR behind Williams. That might explain why are they struggling so much in trying to rise. But are those rankings appropriate? In one comment Webber said that RBR has better finances than Williams and unlike RBR Williams couldn't afford themselves to go testing at Bahrain?!

Very simplistic way of thinking. In fact, Toyota tried to hire Räikkönen and Alonso, but they refused to join the team! Before hiring top stars, you need to make the team attractive for them!

For example if Ferrari had in 1995 been as uncompetitive as in 1992, then Schumacher most possibly wouldn't have joined Ferrari - but in 1995 there were already clear signs of rise.

All of McLaren's driver salary money goes to Alonso! :p :

ok i hit a nerve with the only halfie fan in the planet. then why not pay ralf and trulli an apropiate amount relative to their talent.

i dont blame them the money is there and i know i wouldnt say please dont pay so much for my services its just that toyotas management should know better.

jens
13th March 2007, 18:32
ok i hit a nerve with the only halfie fan in the planet. then why not pay ralf and trulli an apropiate amount relative to their talent.

i dont blame them the money is there and i know i wouldnt say please dont pay so much for my services its just that toyotas management should know better.

Oh. I don't consider myself as a fan of Ralf, but as you asked about the salary difference between Ralf and Jarno, then probably there is something to do with Germany and that their market is important for Toyota. Salary often does not show the level of drivers - other factors play a vital role there as well. For example Barrichello earns more than Button. Räikkönen a lot more than Massa.

Heidfeldrulez
13th March 2007, 19:20

yea, going into 2006 button would pay for honda just to stay with them and not get released to williams :D

the big ferrariman rubinho cost money on the other hand, and of course a 2year contract, so thats the reason behind those figures.

zoostation
13th March 2007, 20:05
yea, going into 2006 button would pay for honda just to stay with them and not get released to williams :D

the big ferrariman rubinho cost money on the other hand, and of course a 2year contract, so thats the reason behind those figures.

fair enough thanks

you have to say, at least for 2006 jenson must be very happy with his choice to stay at honda.

ratonmacias
14th March 2007, 02:43
Oh. I don't consider myself as a fan of Ralf, but as you asked about the salary difference between Ralf and Jarno, then probably there is something to do with Germany and that their market is important for Toyota. Salary often does not show the level of drivers - other factors play a vital role there as well. For example Barrichello earns more than Button. Räikkönen a lot more than Massa.

true to some extent. in my mind kimi deserves whatever he gets as well as alonso.

massa should earn more but he owes his career to ferrari since he has only driven for them or sauber when they were close to ferrari.

ralf boggles my mind he was already very weak in his final williams year.

barrichelo was thought to be good at the time. besides didnt honda give sfw money for button maybe thats why button earns less.

leopard
14th March 2007, 03:29

This might because Button signed long term contract for Honda, or else Rubens formerly drove and highly paid by Ferrari :)

I see actually Button have chance to perform better than currently on Honda if he want to suit to the more better teams, but it's his choice to spend the whole career with Honda.

It sounds bit strange a longer existing driver be paid lower than the new one.

leopard
14th March 2007, 03:35
montoya was a bargain in 2003 earning a 4th of what ralf did at the time and challenged for the title.

More than half season of 2003 I saw Montoya was the strongest after Ferrari, such gap of money earned by the two driver might have caused he terminated driving Williams not in good way.

Besides, Ralf always highly paid in any teams :)