PDA

View Full Version : Mario Theissen leaves BMW motorsport to be replaced by former Toyota F1 team manager Jens Marquardt

Giuseppe F1
24th November 2010, 14:22
Theissen to step down as BMW boss
By Steven English
Wednesday, November 24th 2010, 13:35 GMT

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88483

Giuseppe F1
24th November 2010, 14:27
http://ms.toyota.co.jp/cmn/img/gp/2009/16_brazil/free/005.jpg

Big Ben
24th November 2010, 18:19
I've read these days MT said BMW is not interested in F1. Oh, the tragedy! Is there someone who wants them back anyway? i think there should be some kind of rule to ban BMW and Toyota from buying any f1 team.

ioan
24th November 2010, 18:54
They replaced a not so bad manager with a crappy one, way to go BMW, not!

edv
24th November 2010, 21:19
Fousto's gonna love this.

Cooper_S
24th November 2010, 22:07
Typical members responses.... from blinkered F1 (so called) fans... it simply a waste of time posting here at times, so I won't.

Big Ben
25th November 2010, 07:44
Typical members responses.... from blinkered F1 (so called) fans... it simply a waste of time posting here at times, so I won't.

you seem to pretty confused... you know you did post actually, don't you?

wedge
25th November 2010, 20:21

Agreed

Remember a couple of years ago when so called F1 fans coming up with stupid names like Norbert Haug as the successor to Ron Dennis when it was blatant it was Martin Whitmarsh who was Ron's #2 for years.

It's one thing to run an F1 team, quite another when you have to look after a company's motorsport portfolio. To their credit they/MT knows that F1 isn't the be all and end all, and could have concentrated solely on F1. Saying that, BMW should've pulled out of WTCC years ago, IMO.

DexDexter
25th November 2010, 20:49
They replaced a not so bad manager with a crappy one, way to go BMW, not!

I think Theissen became disillusioned with BMW when they suddenly withdrew from F1 and so this was always going to happen pretty soon.

ioan
25th November 2010, 21:16
I think Theissen became disillusioned with BMW when they suddenly withdrew from F1 and so this was always going to happen pretty soon.

Possible. I hope he gets a position where he can fulfill his potential.

Cooper_S
25th November 2010, 22:44

He was not impressed at the time it's true, however BMW's mandatory retirement age of 60 for it's senior executives may have something more to do with the decision, although MT will not be 60 untill 2012 the transition year for the DTM entry makes going a year earlier good sense.

After 34 years working for BMW and 12 as BMW Motorsport Director, I guess he will be looking forward to his retirement... As for WTCC it has not been confirmed that BMW will continue in it as well as tackel DTM.

wedge
26th November 2010, 14:48
Well my original post was abit of a joke, had I known this was going to be a touchy subject I wouldn't have posted as this isn't even an F1 topic. Now I'm a so called fan.

It's not a touchy subject at all.

It's blinkered fans who get funny ideas that annoys:

I don't follow any other motor racing series besides F1. Just not interested at all.