PDA

View Full Version : F**k you my friend.

A.F.F.
19th November 2010, 11:29
Yesterday I was at the Helsinki city centre. I was walking and I had to cross a street so I stopped at the traffic lights. Beside me was a young Somalian guy, very nervous of something. He looked at me many times and as soon as the lights turned green, he rushed over the street. As he crossed the street he turned over, gave me a finger and shouted ""F**k you my friend!!"

Now, I didn't know we were friends? And among my friends, we do not usually say "F**k you" to each others. Maybe Somalians do so? Does anybody know?

However, if I have to hear such a thing, "F**k you", I rather hear it with a compliment! I think this was the nicest way of hearing "F**k you" I've ever heard :)

F**k you my friends :)

pino
19th November 2010, 11:38
Were you wearing a Ferrari jersey ? :p :

Eki
19th November 2010, 11:43
Qg7jA-H-jMo

Hondo
19th November 2010, 12:21
He might have thought you were an undercover cop he had unpleasant memories about. All you white guys look alike, especially in Finland.

janneppi
19th November 2010, 12:57
funny thing, as I read this thread there was Cee-Lo Greens everpleasant f-you song playing on the radio. honest. :)

schmenke
19th November 2010, 15:31
I never did quite understand the attraction of the Somalis to Finland.
I think the only time I've ever met a Somali is in Helsinki :mark:
If I remember correctly he did not greet me in quite the same manner as A.F.F :p :

A.F.F.
19th November 2010, 15:55
I think the only time I've ever met a Somali is in Helsinki :mark:

That's because they're all here. Which is peculiar since IMO were pretty far from they natural habitat!??! Although... no wonder they hear good things through the grapevine. At the border they're given a goodybag with Marimekko, Hackman, Fiskars etc... things ordinary Finn can't afford to have :)

It just hit me... no wonder he says F**k you my friend :D :D

A.F.F.
19th November 2010, 15:56
Were you wearing a Ferrari jersey ? :p :

F**k you my friend :)

Mark in Oshawa
20th November 2010, 07:17
Lot of them in Toronto. I worked a football game for my volunteer TV hobby with a Somali who came to Canada when he was 10. He didn't tell me to F&$k myself or anything....they just don't like Finn's I guess....

Eki
20th November 2010, 08:34
He looked at me many times and as soon as the lights turned green, he rushed over the street. As he crossed the street he turned over, gave me a finger and shouted ""F**k you my friend!!"

Seriously: It could have gone like this:

A.F.F. looked at him (otherwise he wouldn't have known the Somali guy was looking at him). Then they both looked at each other wondering why the other guy was looking at him. Then the Somali guy reckons A.F.F. was looking at him because he's a Somali and A.F.F. doesn't like Somalis, and that's why he said "F**k you my friend".

A.F.F.
20th November 2010, 11:36
A.F.F. looked at him (otherwise he wouldn't have known the Somali guy was looking at him). Then they both looked at each other wondering why the other guy was looking at him. Then the Somali guy reckons A.F.F. was looking at him because he's a Somali and A.F.F. doesn't like Somalis, and that's why he said "F**k you my friend".

Aah... a racist reference.

Well, the truth is I was looking at him because his behaviour was very nervous. At that time it didn't hit me but now I realize I might have shared a moment with a potential terrorist. Maybe he realized that I'm a racist guy and he was so obvious to be suspect and then got nervous. God for bid he said it from a distance. Otherwise I might have acted and said something back.

Anyways, it's true. I don't like them very much.

Daniel
20th November 2010, 11:45
Perhaps he's not a Paasonen fan? (who is?)

A.F.F.
20th November 2010, 17:44
Hey!! I'm a Paasonen fan!

Roamy
20th November 2010, 20:34
I think the deeper question is "why does Finland need Somalis?" Are there not enough guys to take care of the women?? If you never let him in the country you wouldn't have the problem

Daniel
20th November 2010, 21:00
I think the deeper question is "why does Finland need Somalis?" Are there not enough guys to take care of the women?? If you never let him in the country you wouldn't have the problem
Nope, I'm sure there is something in here about there not being enough guys :p

ATXV3DzKv68

A.F.F.
20th November 2010, 22:35

I don't think it ever was that we need them in any way. Somalis are mainly refugees and when they noticed Finland offers them a good standard of living as a refugees, they played some drums and whoops, a couple of their cousins came too.

Roamy
21st November 2010, 04:27
So why do you need refugees?? Why does any modern country need refugees????

Eki
21st November 2010, 11:39
So why do you need refugees?? Why does any modern country need refugees????
You've got it all wrong, Roamy. It's not that modern countries need refugees, it's that refugees need safe countries. It was only about 70 years when Finland sent 80,000 children to Sweden, Denmark and Norway, so that they'd be safe from the Soviet bombs.

janvanvurpa
21st November 2010, 16:55
You've got it all wrong, Roamy. It's not that modern countries need refugees, it's that refugees need safe countries. It was only about 70 years when Finland sent 80,000 children to Sweden, Denmark and Norway, so that they'd be safe from the Soviet bombs.

Particularly odd misunderstanding when the complainer is from a country originally settled and filled with 10s of millions of people because it was a safe haven, essentially a whole country full of refugees and the likelihood is extremely high his own ancestors were despised refugees.

As usual, it's Ok for "us" to be or do something, its despicable if anybody else does the same.

Oi.

janvanvurpa
21st November 2010, 17:01
Yesterday I was at the Helsinki city centre. I was walking and I had to cross a street so I stopped at the traffic lights. Beside me was a young Somalian guy, very nervous of something. He looked at me many times and as soon as the lights turned green, he rushed over the street. As he crossed the street he turned over, gave me a finger and shouted ""F**k you my friend!!"

Now, I didn't know we were friends? And among my friends, we do not usually say "F**k you" to each others. Maybe Somalians do so? Does anybody know?

However, if I have to hear such a thing, "F**k you", I rather hear it with a compliment! I think this was the nicest way of hearing "F**k you" I've ever heard :)

F**k you my friends :)

The only thing I can think of is he learned from the recent US Administration the principle of "pre-emptive attack.
He was just telling you "Fawk you" in advance before you attacked him, it doesn't matter if you were the person who did him wrong, just like "we" invaded a country which had not attacked "us" and, according to the same people who led the pre-emptive The War Against Terror only 9-10 months earlier, was not a threat to the US or any of its neighbors.

Makes perfect sense!

Roamy
21st November 2010, 17:35

did they stay there or return when it was safe??? In most if not all cases refugees should now be assisted in their home countries. - The world is too populated now

Eki
21st November 2010, 19:26
did they stay there or return when it was safe??? In most if not all cases refugees should now be assisted in their home countries. - The world is too populated now
About 20,000 stayed, the rest returned. Anyway, it's irrelevant, since Somalia is not safe yet.

Eki
21st November 2010, 19:39
Particularly odd misunderstanding when the complainer is from a country originally settled and filled with 10s of millions of people because it was a safe haven, essentially a whole country full of refugees and the likelihood is extremely high his own ancestors were despised refugees.

As usual, it's Ok for "us" to be or do something, its despicable if anybody else does the same.

Oi.
Well, it doesn't surprise me, since the American way of thinking often seems to be on the lines of like "hospitals don't need patients who have no money or insurance".

gadjo_dilo
22nd November 2010, 07:46
I'm astonished to see that in the western world they always say " F--- you ". If you ever have the bad luck to annoy a romanian guy you'll hear what a real colorful and meaningful swearing is.

These days I was watching some new romanian movies which have english subtitles and I was surprised to see that all our terrible swearings were translated by " F--- you".

BTW, how do you know he was somalian?

A.F.F.
22nd November 2010, 08:03
We have refugees from other African countries too but Somalians have a different skin color and facial feature from for instance Congolose. You just know it. I know it because I have an 11 years of experience from my work with Somalians.

gadjo_dilo
22nd November 2010, 09:59
You just know it. I know it because I have an 11 years of experience from my work with Somalians.

Ha! That explains the " friendship" thing. :laugh:

He looked at you a few times, recognized you and just......

Daniel
22nd November 2010, 12:27
Somalians do have a very distinctive shape and size to their heads. Sounds strange but its true

Mark in Oshawa
22nd November 2010, 16:38
Somalians do have a very distinctive shape and size to their heads. Sounds strange but its true

It is....Somailians are very distinctive....

Eki
22nd November 2010, 17:44
It is....Somailians are very distinctive....
True:

http://www.pictures-of-cats.org/somali-cat.html