PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the race

AndyL
14th November 2010, 14:52
Vettel, of course.

But I want to give the rest of the top 6 plus Alguersuari all a pat on the back as well. They all did a great job today.

truefan72
14th November 2010, 14:54
Petrov

Tazio
14th November 2010, 14:56
Vettel, Button, and the Boss all drove great races!

ioan
14th November 2010, 14:57
Petrov!
His best race to date, with excellent race craft!

Garry Walker
14th November 2010, 14:58
Petrov.

If I go to spain one day, I will wear the shirt of petrov

donKey jote
14th November 2010, 15:00
Vettel for driving a perfect race and Petrov for not screwing up when it counted most with the eyes of the world upon him :up:

markabilly
14th November 2010, 15:02
Petrov.
Vettel should have won. I always have a rough time saying the guy who should have won is driver of the race

ioan
14th November 2010, 15:10
Petrov.

If I go to spain one day, I will wear the shirt of petrov

Make sure you also visit Oviedo! :D

truefan72
14th November 2010, 15:24
Petrov!
His best race to date, with excellent race craft!

I hope this secures his ride for 2011, did a great job, helped Renault get the double. He has grown as a racer and is flourishing as the type of driver I always thought he could be. Keeping a desperate alonso behind you for the half the race and doing so by out driving him and not being defensive is surely an achievement worthy of driver of the race!

jens
14th November 2010, 15:25
Funny how after all those mistakes and underperforming this season, Petrov's nerves finally hold together and he manages to play a decisive role in the outcome of WDC. But actually as we remember, he was also holding Alonso up in Turkey for almost all race until the Spaniard managed to pass as late as on the penultimate lap (?) only at the cost of a slight collision. :) So FA hasn't had an easy time with him.

Also great that Alguersuari managed to get some points after so many near misses this season. Funny that Massa didn't manage to overtake him until the very end.

steveaki13
14th November 2010, 15:31
vettel driver of the race, looking so calm and keeping his head.

Button
Rosberg
Kubica
Petrov
Algersuari

Also done good jobs.

keysersoze
14th November 2010, 15:33
Petrov. After his early pitstop, he was only 15 seconds behind Robert for much of the race. Then, about 10 laps before Kubica's stop, Vitaly started to lose chunks of time, and Robert built the 22-23 second gap to stay ahead after his stop.

wedge
14th November 2010, 15:44
Kubica, Rosberg, Petrov

christophulus
14th November 2010, 15:44
Petrov and Kubica, great races from both of them.

Dave B
14th November 2010, 15:52
Vettel, he had the perfect weekend.

Button made a great start and didn't let Alonso unsettle him.

Petrov resisted the pressure of having a championship contender behind him for much of the race.

Rosberg (who German TV claim had nothing to do with the Schumacher incident) made a set of tyres last for 54 laps and got himself a great finishing position.

UltimateDanGTR
14th November 2010, 15:55
Vettel; epic weekend.

Petrov; keeping the spanish cry baby behind him for something like 35 laps.

Cooper_S
14th November 2010, 15:58
Oh let's see... he set pole, won his 5th race of the season, finally made it to the top of the standings and became the youngest world champion ever...

It's got to be Vettel

Duchess
14th November 2010, 16:27
Vitaly Petrov.

No Questions. \o/

airshifter
14th November 2010, 16:55
Petrov, Kubica, and Rosberg.

The others at the front of the pack are in the best cars on the grid and drove excellent races, but to hoist the lesser cars up there and have such effect on a title is a strong season finish.

Wasted Talent
14th November 2010, 16:55
Petrov!!!! Thank you.............

WT

N. Jones
14th November 2010, 16:56
Vettel. The only other ones were Petrov and Algeursuari, who were probably racing for their seats.

christophulus
14th November 2010, 16:57
Rosberg (who German TV claim had nothing to do with the Schumacher incident) made a set of tyres last for 54 laps and got himself a great finishing position.

Brundle suggested the same thing on the forum, and from the replay it doesn't look like they made contact. Rosberg could be one to watch next year, he's been consistently good all year in a fairly poor car.

Mia 01
14th November 2010, 17:12
Sebastian
Petrov
Button

in that order.

Mia 01
14th November 2010, 17:38
Why Button and not Hamilton? I know its your opinion but Lewis had a better race today than his teammate today.

Seb gets driver of the race for me, and i'd like to place Petrov second for his driving under pressure for much of the race and not making a mistake. :up:

I didnīt expected that Jenson should be THAT good today.