PDA

View Full Version : Prodrive Mini WRC

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

DIMI44
22nd March 2011, 10:38
no they are not...sorry.

Aman re NOT,aston na ehi alli gnomi.Den enohli kanenan!!!

Karukera
22nd March 2011, 11:26
@ NOT : Thank you for your courtesy.

Mini tests for Portugal, engine problems for Araujo : http://www.rallydeportugal.pt/en/rally-de-portugal/news/entity/testing-times-ahead-in-portugal?bl=1

Juha_Koo
22nd March 2011, 15:00
First long onboard of Mini.

Onboard Araujo Mini S2000 Portugal tests

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1YFHl2gkOc

Mirek
22nd March 2011, 15:04
Does someone know which size of restrictor do they use?

JAM
22nd March 2011, 15:09
Does someone know which size of restrictor do they use?

The same as the WRC car.

JAM
22nd March 2011, 15:11
http://iris.cpidt.pt/projectos/sportmotores/img/fotos/22685.JPG

Photo by Pedro Contente @ Sportmotores.com

dimviii
22nd March 2011, 15:12
The same as the WRC car.

is it sure that JAM?

JAM
22nd March 2011, 15:16
is it sure that JAM?

Yes.

The smaller restrictor is only to the regional rallyes, on the WRC rallyes the restrictor is the same

J.Lindstroem
22nd March 2011, 15:17
The car looks very funny!! Like one of those cars in a cartoon film!

dimviii
22nd March 2011, 15:17
Yes.

The smaller restrictor is only to the regional rallyes, on the WRC rallyes the restrictor is the same

thanks mate!

pucky54
22nd March 2011, 15:21
Yes.

so they have same power as WRC?

TheFlyingTuga
22nd March 2011, 15:23
Yup!

According to Armindo Araujo, the only diferences of this car to the WRC one, is the rear wing, the rear windows (glass on the SP version, and peliglass in the WRC) and my guess the front bumper (because according to FIA it must be different from the SP one)

OldF
22nd March 2011, 15:25
Are the Minis then in class 1 only because they have the S2000 aero package?

Mirek
22nd March 2011, 15:35
Yes.

Thanks, so it's as I thought. That's good for us because Portugal will give us quite real image of Mini WRC speed.

dimviii
22nd March 2011, 15:53
Thanks, so it's as I thought. That's good for us because Portugal will give us quite real image of Mini WRC speed.

How Mirek?With Araujo against factories?

Mirek
22nd March 2011, 15:58
Not against factories but there will be a lot of others. Of course I understand Your remark but it will still be much more useful to see it like this than with small restrictor.

Donney
22nd March 2011, 16:58
@ NOT : Thank you for your courtesy.

Mini tests for Portugal, engine problems for Araujo : http://www.rallydeportugal.pt/en/rally-de-portugal/news/entity/testing-times-ahead-in-portugal?bl=1

Holy ****, Disney should sponsor the team, they have Mickey Mouse on the central console... :) )

Rallyper
22nd March 2011, 18:47
Holy ****, Disney should sponsor the team, they have Mickey Mouse on the central console... :) )

Yeah! I was thinking the same - A big MM head on the dashboard.... :D

Tomorrow I´ll leave for Lisboa and the rally!!! Can´t wait... See you maits!

wildsir
22nd March 2011, 21:22
Drives better than it looks..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1YFHl2gkOc

N.O.T
22nd March 2011, 21:56
Since i am an expert at judging performance by video only (predicted both that the ford is slower than the citroen and the new wrcs slower than the old) i say that this car will not go far....looks more like an s2000 when accelerating out of the corners...entry speed is ok. Of course the driver is an important factor and armindo is pretty average for WRC standards...but we will see.

Very nice on board camera though....you can even see the feet of the drivers hope they use it for their official cars as well.

N.O.T
22nd March 2011, 21:59
aaaah this is the s2000 car....hmmmmm ok ignore my comment then....

Plan9
22nd March 2011, 22:35
I just hope that at least one of these cars finnishes the event. By the way, why have they allowed the car to enter at all as it has a turbo??? why are they allowed tubros at all.

MrJan
22nd March 2011, 23:11
Since i am an expert at judging performance by video only (predicted both that the ford is slower than the citroen and the new wrcs slower than the old) i say that this car will not go far....looks more like an s2000 when accelerating out of the corners...entry speed is ok. Of course the driver is an important factor and armindo is pretty average for WRC standards...but we will see.

Very nice on board camera though....you can even see the feet of the drivers hope they use it for their official cars as well.

Ooh!!! You worked out that the Citroen (a team that habitually introduce extremely quick cars and have a history of being top dog) would be quicker than the Ford (a slightly underfunded team that is effectively a private entry) AND that the 1.6l turbo cars would be slower than the 2l turbos. What's your next amazing prediction? That next year will begin with a 2?

N.O.T
22nd March 2011, 23:34
well if you see all the negative comments and abuse i got when i made those assumptions then you would understand why i feel that way....but ok i am used to be right most of the time so negative comments do not bother me anymore....maybe.

N.O.T
22nd March 2011, 23:36
What's your next amazing prediction? That next year will begin with a 2?

i bet if i made such a prediction 57.24% of the people in here would still give me hell.....

bluuford
23rd March 2011, 07:16

You know, The World is moving fast forward, so, it is time for you to do the same (to move to the next level). So, I expect you to estimate Mini´s approximate timeloss/gain to the Ford and Citroen per/km in Portugal. You are allowed to use all video footage available in the internet. :-P

cali
23rd March 2011, 08:12
You know, The World is moving fast forward, so, it is time for you to do the same (to move to the next level). So, I expect you to estimate Mini´s approximate timeloss/gain to the Ford and Citroen per/km in Portugal. You are allowed to use all video footage available in the internet. :-P

:bounce:

N.O.T
23rd March 2011, 09:20
hmmmm....its a hard task....maybe.

Barreis
23rd March 2011, 10:16
First Grifone mini..
http://rallymania.forumfree.it/?t=38432853&st=300#lastpost

J.Lindstroem
23rd March 2011, 11:47
I like the car in tarmarc spec! Cant wait to see it in Portugal now, i hope it will be competetive!

Barreis
23rd March 2011, 13:11
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90104

Iskald
23rd March 2011, 14:01
hmmmm....its a hard task....maybe.

I sense your world-famous confidence is slipping, N.O.T...? Remember, you are nearly always right! ;-)

N.O.T
23rd March 2011, 14:26
not nearly....mostly...more accurate would be 94.766666...% of the times right....true calculation based on true facts. maybe....

J.Lindstroem
23rd March 2011, 14:39
not nearly....mostly...more accurate would be 94.766666...% of the times right....true calculation based on true facts. maybe....

You must be the father of true facts, NOT! ;)

N.O.T
23rd March 2011, 14:49
no...just a scholar....

J.Lindstroem
23rd March 2011, 15:19
haha.. its just something with you beeing greek and fighting for true facts. Reminds me of Platon, Aristoteles and that gang! ;)

noel157
23rd March 2011, 23:12
haha.. its just something with you beeing greek and fighting for true facts. Reminds me of Platon, Aristoteles and that gang! ;)

Did those two enter the Acropolis long time ago?

:)

Barreis
23rd March 2011, 23:18
They were organisers.. :D

Plan9
23rd March 2011, 23:56
First Grifone mini..
http://rallymania.forumfree.it/?t=38432853&st=300#lastpost
Was that the wrc spec or the turbo s2000? I find it hard to tell. In the press release the WRC mini had cool headlights but they seem to have disappeared in the production version.

Motorsportfun
24th March 2011, 00:32
Was that the wrc spec or the turbo s2000? I find it hard to tell. In the press release the WRC mini had cool headlights but they seem to have disappeared in the production version.

It's the turbo s2000, but has been bought the WRC-kit too. ;)

noel157
24th March 2011, 16:13
Grifone Mini shakedown test video:

http://channel.ellegy.com/

OldF
24th March 2011, 16:26
Lower revs than the WRC version but still sounds better than a N4. The gear changes where made at about 6700-6800 rpm.

darkstar
24th March 2011, 16:28
sound is defenetly not so bad.

COD
25th March 2011, 12:54
Not so bad start from Armino, he's not the fastest driver around and still decent times. Maybe the Mini is not so bad??

cali
25th March 2011, 13:04
Not so bad start from Armino, he's not the fastest driver around and still decent times. Maybe the Mini is not so bad??
Armindo has stated that he has not been pushing at all, driving very carefully. The current version (S2000 1.6T) has far less downforce than WRCars.

Quite poisitve start from Mini IMHO

Plan9
25th March 2011, 20:47
Armindo has stated that he has not been pushing at all, driving very carefully. The current version (S2000 1.6T) has far less downforce than WRCars.

Quite poisitve start from Mini IMHO

How has Oliveria done?

rv65
25th March 2011, 20:50
Probably not that good, as he is a pretty slow driver. Slower than Wilslow, I should say.

OldF
25th March 2011, 21:13
How has Oliveria done?

Position 21, 11:27,3 behind the leader.

http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/?rz=52&filtr=

Zeakiwi
26th March 2011, 03:23
I was having a look at the testing video. I cannot quite pick quite what it is about the Mini front end. In one clip the front suspension looked amazing, does it need to be really amazing to be competitive ? It is the steering, anti-rollbars ?, something with the shock absorber compression, front wheel castor angle? How does the front wheel travel and A arm geometry compare to Fiesta ?
With the longer wheel base the car's outside back wheels might end up in the (Fiesta/DS 3) gravel sweepings on twisty gravel road corners.

"One of the key tasks we set the engineering team was to make the car practical and economical to use for private teams without in any way compromising its performance. The car will be produced in reasonable volumes, in motorsport terms of 25 to 30 per year, and thus it has to be easily maintained in remote locations across the world. As a result, if you look at the new MINI WRC, its design is very clean and simple and, in engineering terms, that has taken a lot more time and effort. For instance, all four uprights are interchangeable as are the anti-roll bars, so our customers don’t need so many spare parts to run their cars. There are also many innovative features around the rest of the car including the roll-cage design which will make the MINI extremely safe."

It looks as though Prodrive have rated serviceability/ cost of maintenance over ultimate performance/ ability in the suspension/ anti roll bar department.

noel157
28th March 2011, 13:44
Not true. Performance has always been the prime objective (naturally). Development and testing is ahead of schedule and the team is more than happy with the performance of the car.
If ease of use for private teams is engineered into the design then that's a bonus. Of course Prodrive need to do a bit of marketing too in order to sell cars but don't worry about the performance being an issue.

rbatista82
29th March 2011, 09:10
http://www.supermotores.net/images/galeria/2rbrallypt20116.jpg

29th March 2011, 10:15
Nice pic, there's been a few on the net where it is lifting a front wheel around a corner and the Ford and Citroens weren't. Might need more suspension development.

GINE
29th March 2011, 11:11
IT seems to have very limited suspension travel compared to Ford and Citroen.

MrJan
29th March 2011, 11:51
TBF the Ford looked very soft though, seemed to roll a lot in some of the harder turns.

Barreis
29th March 2011, 12:20
Nice picture..

TheFlyingTuga
29th March 2011, 12:45
The suspension is the one thing Armindo said it must be developed! And I know that Dani Sordo thinks the same way, cause the car looses big amounts of traction with the little suspension travel!

Sulland
29th March 2011, 14:31
Who are the makers of the Mini Suspension, is it Reiger ?

dimviii
29th March 2011, 17:21
Who are the makers of the Mini Suspension, is it Reiger ?

Οhlins

dimviii
29th March 2011, 17:23
IT seems to have very limited suspension travel compared to Ford and Citroen.

I wonder how they are going to survive at Acropolis with such limited suspension travel.Hope they fix it properly.

Mirek
29th March 2011, 17:29
Οhlins

Still I think that this issue has more to do with suspension design concept of Prodrive than with just shock absorbers.

Sulland
29th March 2011, 18:15
I just remember the last car Prodrive made, it did not exactly have a perfect handling either....... Lets hope they have learned !

dimviii
29th March 2011, 20:08
Still I think that this issue has more to do with suspension design concept of Prodrive than with just shock absorbers.

of course Mirek! Ohlins job is not to design minis travel suspension but the shocks.

wildsir
29th March 2011, 23:22
I wonder how they are going to survive at Acropolis with such limited suspension travel.Hope they fix it properly.
who says there is something wrong? everything is a compromise. longer suspension travel is just not one way traffic, it ultimately compromises geometry. you could create a 'monster truck' or paris-dakar type vechile... ie. a toureg, but its not going to have the precision. Could the recent numerous puncutre be becuase that cars have more much body roll, knocking tyres off rims? time will tell.

rbatista82
30th March 2011, 10:56
Hi,
I should say that Armindo has done a fantastic first day in Portugal. We wasn’t pushing and was doing very fine lines. When you are at the stages you see the DS3’s and Fiesta’s….than suddenly appears Armindo Araújo with the Mini and everyone looks to the guys beside then and… “Is this a rally car?”
LOL, it really looks strange. The engine looks to be very good, but in the fast part’s the Mini really struggle a lot and it looks that the car isn’t so easily driven like it appears.

Let’s wait for the next event.

Motorsportfun
30th March 2011, 11:10
The engine looks to be very good, but in the fast part’s the Mini really struggle a lot and it looks that the car isn’t so easily driven like it appears.

Of course, the small S2000 wing didn't gave him good stability in the fast sections. I think that the 4th evolution of the engine and the new big wing will improve the pace and the stability in the fast corners and long straights.

AMSS
30th March 2011, 13:15
of course Mirek! Ohlins job is not to design minis travel suspension but the shocks.

didn`t Lapworth say that they have a completely new approach in the dampers that no one has used before, i guess this has something to do with Öhlins. I think that from my personal believes Öhlins are a bit high nosed and think that they can just come back to the rallying scene and immediately be the best as they probably where in the late 90s. But being mor or less away for over 10years has to be noticed somewhere.
Also when looking at club level Öhlins isn`t even comparable anymore to the likes of Reiger, Exe-Tc, Tein and others.
But we`ll see

RS
30th March 2011, 13:49
I just remember the last car Prodrive made, it did not exactly have a perfect handling either....... Lets hope they have learned !

I seem to remember Prodrive wetting themselves about the dampers they used on the Impreza, and aren't they the ones Citroen now use?

30th March 2011, 13:59
The suspension is the one thing Armindo said it must be developed! And I know that Dani Sordo thinks the same way, cause the car looses big amounts of traction with the little suspension travel!

Yes that's right. It's hard to get traction with one wheel in the air.

Even a rally Turkey with the massive rocks would be tough for this car. The Citroens have massive wheel travel but still remain relatively flat in corners. More development should fix this. They should flare the guards and have one muffler too.

So only a few items on my wish list lol :)

AMSS
30th March 2011, 16:10
I seem to remember Prodrive wetting themselves about the dampers they used on the Impreza, and aren't they the ones Citroen now use?

Citroen uses their own dampers but are buying parts from Bos and Exe-tc, but all development and assembling is made in house as far as i know!

OldF
30th March 2011, 16:27

What can they do then not changing the geometry of the suspension. If they change the geometry isn’t there a lot of testing again to find the right setups?

In this short video you can see part of the suspension. Is there anything wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayoyjCAzxjM&feature=player_embedded

Prodrive could be in hurry also to get the engine ready.

64. MECHANICAL COMPONENTS – MANUFACTURERS AND WRC TEAMS

64.1 LIMITATION OF THE NUMBER OF ENGINES
64.1.1 After the 01/05/2011 each Manufacturer or a WRC Team must use no more than 2 engines per
car for the rest of the season (ie: 2 engines per car for 9 Rallies).

64.4 RESTRICTION OF ENGINE PARTS DEVELOPMENT
As development of the engine is controlled, a box of the parts listed below will be sealed by the FIA
together with the registered Manufacturer or WRC Team and placed in a location acceptable to both
parties. This will be carried out at the latest before the 1/05/2011.
- Valves.
- Pistons.
- Valve springs.
- Camshafts (with profile).
- Cylinder head ready to race.
- Homologated cylinder block
- High pressure fuel pump
- Exhaust and intake manifolds
- All other engine parts already homologated.
- Compression ratio details with tolerance.
The parts registered do not necessarily have to be new, but they must be representative, in every respect,
of the parts to be used in the rallies throughout the season.

Barreis
30th March 2011, 17:48
Somehow Prodrive (D.Richards) ruined subaru 'cos they had good budget and made lot's of mistakes. Let we hope they (he) won't ruin mini WRC project..

BDunnell
30th March 2011, 22:43
Somehow Prodrive (D.Richards) ruined subaru 'cos they had good budget and made lot's of mistakes. Let we hope they (he) won't ruin mini WRC project..

A view which forgets entirely how he also turned Subaru into a success.

Daniel
30th March 2011, 22:48
And the role Pirelli played.....

BDunnell
30th March 2011, 23:00
And the role Pirelli played.....

My point is that to think of Prodrive as a failure simply because their latter-day Subarus were useless is to ignore what they managed to do before that. It remains open to question as to whether the company is still able to hit those heights again — the example of Andy Rouse Engineering in touring car racing does show that once great preparation outfits can just go off the boil.

Barreis
30th March 2011, 23:04
While D.Richards was occupied only with subaru everything went well but when he took BAR role subaru WRC project started to go downstairs..

tfp
30th March 2011, 23:31
While D.Richards was occupied only with subaru everything went well but when he took BAR role subaru WRC project started to go downstairs..

Moral of the story? Stick with WRC:-)

logic
30th March 2011, 23:35

No they switched from EX-TC in 2003 to sachs in 2004 ..............the sachs were ****

logic
30th March 2011, 23:40
Citroen uses their own dampers but are buying parts from Bos and Exe-tc, but all development and assembling is made in house as far as i know!

Those dampers are all EXE-TC

Plan9
31st March 2011, 03:24
I think Prodrive will be fine...as long as they manage to find a strong partner.

I think that the Ralliart/Mitsubishi WRC and Dakar combination of programs can demonstrate how independent operators can be successful in this format.

On Subaru, I think the recent cars had flawed designs and that the Japanese HQ may have tried to micromanage the team, which may have caused Petter and Chris to be off the pace

HaCo
2nd April 2011, 09:16
First fastest time for the Mini!!!
http://rally.ficr.it/tab_stagetimes.asp?p_Anno=2011&p_Codice=77&p_Manifestazione=1&p_Gara=1&p_ProvaSpeciale=1

And the opponents are not less!

Barreis
2nd April 2011, 09:24
Concentration must be full on project if somebody want success..

J4MIE
2nd April 2011, 17:55
Navarra wins! This has got to be encouraging :up:

Barreis
2nd April 2011, 18:06
+1

Allyc85
2nd April 2011, 18:13
Its been an encouraging start so far hasnt it? :)

Barreis
2nd April 2011, 18:29
Good for sport..

Sulland
2nd April 2011, 19:29
Congrat to Prodrive on the first victory for a S1600T car !

N.O.T
2nd April 2011, 19:41
hmmm....a WRC winning over s2000 i guess should be normal the small difference is a concern though.

Francis44
2nd April 2011, 19:44
Dont forget this as a 30mm restrictor as I heard.

dimviii
2nd April 2011, 20:01
Dont forget this as a 30mm restrictor as I heard.
even with 30mm restrictor has more thn double torque from atmo s2000 cars.So not so impressive at all imho

J4MIE
2nd April 2011, 20:17
Oh I thought it was a S2000 :s

Rallyper
2nd April 2011, 21:07
So, whatever engine it seems to be, the Mini is performing well on tarmac. For sure the turbo plays a role...

pucky54
2nd April 2011, 21:43
So, whatever engine it seems to be, the Mini is performing well on tarmac. For sure the turbo plays a role...

It was a gravel event!

dimviii
2nd April 2011, 22:01
lololol

Barreis
2nd April 2011, 22:16
+1

TyPat107
3rd April 2011, 06:32
Is the time difference really significant? Isn't it assumed that you only go as fast as you need to win. Besides with the trouble the Mini had in Portugal I would assume they would only push hard enough to make sure they finished.

HaCo
3rd April 2011, 06:46
hmmm....a WRC winning over s2000 i guess should be normal the small difference is a concern though.

I wonder how far the current WRC cars, except for the motor of course, differ from S2000 cars? If you compare to the result in Ciocco Navarra did very well with the car. At least there are signs of potential.

SubaruNorway
3rd April 2011, 10:17
Top Gear with James May, Kris Meeke and Mini Wrc were in Norway this weekend filming in the bob sledge track in Hunderfossen like they did with Henning Solberg many years ago. This time they raced against Amy Williams in a skeleton. I was there all friday night having a look and the car sounds awesome!! It had a S2000 bodykit but the prodrive mechanic told me it had WRC spec engine. Unfortunetly i didn't get back out with my camera tape... but i had these two pics uploaded to FB before i was caught :uhoh: Will probably be broadcasted when the new season of Top Gear starts in june. Henning's run here, i felt something was strange with this video and i was right, apparently things are not the right way around in Norway look at the sign at 4:12min :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKgaXwO8Ao
http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/tn_199513_10150141328222624_582152623_6998068_1191 068_n.jpg

http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/tn_197374_10150141339067624_582152623_6998189_3918 562_n.jpg

Mirek
3rd April 2011, 11:30
even with 30mm restrictor has more thn double torque from atmo s2000 cars.So not so impressive at all imho

I don't think that it's so much. The car looked really slow on asphalt testing videos with small restrictor. We'll see how it works next time. In Italy it's quite common that new comers have problems to catch locals on their home roads (like Kopecký and others in previous years). Moreover Mikkelsen lost 20 seconds by a spin on SS2.

urabus-denoS2000
3rd April 2011, 11:38
SubaruNorway , great job there , that's the kind of inside information were into . Did you meet Captain Slow ? He's my favourite of the three ;)

Barreis
3rd April 2011, 11:40
Jeremy is cooler..

Rallyper
3rd April 2011, 12:45
It was a gravel event!

I thought they only did tarmac events in Mediterrainean countries... :o

SubaruNorway
3rd April 2011, 13:08
No i didn't want to disturb him in his smoking breake and checking out the skeleton girls ;) A friend of mine drove 8 hours just to get his autograph yesterday, James told her they didn't use helicopter to save money this time. I didn't dare going back as they already had my license plate number :lol:

SubaruNorway
3rd April 2011, 13:09
SubaruNorway , great job there , that's the kind of inside information were into . Did you meet Captain Slow ? He's my favourite of the three ;)

No i didn't want to disturb him in his smoking breake and checking out the skeleton girls ;) A friend of mine drove 8 hours just to get his autograph yesterday, James told her they didn't use helicopter to save money this time. I didn't dare going back as they already had my license plate number :dozey:

Micke_VOC
7th April 2011, 07:36
Patrik Flodin tested the Mini WRC yesterday ...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nY_aOfVtZWM/TZyIEHdGrMI/AAAAAAAAAm0/CAXR-J-Tnxk/s1600/image-upload-91-779629.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HHUeE9yag1Y/TZyHfBRiz8I/AAAAAAAAAms/F3jA3IRGtq8/s1600/image-upload-14-730661.jpg

J.Lindstroem
7th April 2011, 12:06

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nY_aOfVtZWM/TZyIEHdGrMI/AAAAAAAAAm0/CAXR-J-Tnxk/s1600/image-upload-91-779629.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HHUeE9yag1Y/TZyHfBRiz8I/AAAAAAAAAms/F3jA3IRGtq8/s1600/image-upload-14-730661.jpg

This came as a big suprise for me. Do you know if he is planning on some kind of deal there?

Hartusvuori
7th April 2011, 12:47
Has Flodin ever competed with World Rally Car - any level?

Josti
7th April 2011, 13:00

Swedish Rally 2007 with an Olsberg Impreza WRC.

Doon
7th April 2011, 13:03

That 2nd photo looks very much like Travis Pastrana.....and he is wearing SRT USA overalls, with a US flag on his arm? I've always thought they looked alike but this is spooky!!

Barreis
7th April 2011, 13:06
That is Pastrana.

Hartusvuori
7th April 2011, 13:07
Swedish Rally 2007 with an Olsberg Impreza WRC.

Thanks.

Rallyper
7th April 2011, 14:09
That is Pastrana.

If you mean Pastrana is in the codrivers seat. else - it´s Patrik Flodin in drivers seat. No question about it.

tolis
7th April 2011, 15:55
Thanks.
Photo of Flodin in the Impreza WRC: http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/image_browse.php?id=9304

8th April 2011, 05:35
Must have been some old suit they had laying around?

TyPat107
8th April 2011, 06:09
If you mean Pastrana is in the codrivers seat. else - it´s Patrik Flodin in drivers seat. No question about it.

Definitely not Pastrana, he looks too small. Those SRTUSA overalls are old, they have a Pirelli patch and SRTUSA been using BFG/Michelin tires for years here.

8th April 2011, 07:14
The Mini WRC team was on the national news today. Talking to Kris Meeke about their entry, looked like BBC coverage, but I was still surprised to see it on the midday news

Micke_VOC
8th April 2011, 08:04

He did a couple of starts in wrc-corolla in National championship in sweden too.

Flodin was satisfied how easy that was to drive the Mini Wrc.
The source :http://patrikflodinsblogg.blogspot.com/

Barreis
8th April 2011, 11:14
Can't wait to see how will mini perform with works drivers.

Lundgaard
11th April 2011, 15:25
Looks like Meeke is very optimistic and Sordo.....not so much:

Sordo in Autosport: "The Mini is coming better and better," said Sordo. "But I think we are a little bit far away from the moment. But this is normal – we have less kilometres than the others. We need to wait and see what happens in the first rally."

Meeke in Autosport: "On the last test we did in Spain, Araujo came for the last half hour of Dani's test and sat in the car. They had the rear aero on and he [Araujo] was consistently two seconds per kilometre slower than Dani in the same car. Maybe we're clutching at straws and reading too much into things, but on normal stages in Portugal Araujo was two seconds or 2.1 seconds per kilometre slower [in the Mini S2000] than the frontrunners. On one stage he was down to 1.2 seconds, but that was really slow and technical...

The only thing I will say is that I don't think we're a second per kilometre away and we're not a second per kilometre in front. That's a fair assessment."

MJW
11th April 2011, 18:10
That 2nd photo looks very much like Travis Pastrana.....and he is wearing SRT USA overalls, with a US flag on his arm? I've always thought they looked alike but this is spooky!!
Thats Terry Kaby with Flodin. Terry was the gravel note crew for Petter along with Bruno Berglund, and is a shakedown test driver at Prodrive, also worked on recce in the SWRT days.

Barreis
11th April 2011, 18:17
Thanks for the info.

Salist
11th April 2011, 19:06
Mini WRC pictures...
http://www.duen.hu/hirblog/crossboy/kepek_-_bemutatkozott_a_mini_wrc

darkstar
11th April 2011, 19:50
has the car become a little wider? doenst look so bad after all...

Salist
11th April 2011, 20:22
MINI WRC Demonstration, Kris Meeke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhSzU7mE5cU&feature=player_embedded

Allyc85
11th April 2011, 21:06
ANy high-res pics?

Mirek
11th April 2011, 21:09
http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/fotogalery.php?events=1395&fotograf=16&all=1

Barreis
11th April 2011, 21:15
Nice bitch. :)

MJW
11th April 2011, 22:55
http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/fotogalery.php?events=1395&fotograf=16&all=1

Photo 19 and 26 bear an uncanny resemblance to S14 cage.

Plan9
12th April 2011, 01:13
Just saw this story...it seems a bit late for April fools...say that Danica Patrick and Burcu Cetinkaya may go with Mini into the WRC...I am a little skeptical to be honest.

http://translate.google.co.nz/translate?hl=en&sl=cs&u=http://www.ewrc.cz/&ei=XpijTfWnH4OksQOJ0oD6DA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCcQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3De-wrc.cz%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG%26prmd%3Div ns

Barreis
12th April 2011, 01:45
Danica has nice ass and Burcu is full of money and also stupid. Together winning combination. :D

logic
12th April 2011, 06:55
Just saw this story...it seems a bit late for April fools...say that Danica Patrick and Burcu Cetinkaya may go with Mini into the WRC...I am a little skeptical to be honest.

http://translate.google.co.nz/translate?hl=en&sl=cs&u=http://www.ewrc.cz/&ei=XpijTfWnH4OksQOJ0oD6DA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCcQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3De-wrc.cz%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG%26prmd%3Div ns

Danica might be quicker then Ken Block

ProRally
12th April 2011, 07:49
Danica might be quicker then Ken Block

I think, there you are dreaming..... Ken is not same league as Loeb/Ogier/JML... but he pedals quite fast, no way Danica could even come within the same minute as him. :D

Mirek
12th April 2011, 09:08
Photo 19 and 26 bear an uncanny resemblance to S14 cage.

I noticed that also...

m.lowe
12th April 2011, 09:49
I noticed that also...
Which also resembles a 206 WRC evo2 wing

urabus-denoS2000
12th April 2011, 10:45
In the S2000 version it has the gear screen in the middle circle , not behind the wheel as in the WRC ...

Motorsportfun
12th April 2011, 11:26

It's an april fool made by an Italian web-mag, Italiaracing.net... :D

peg306
12th April 2011, 11:31
Patrik Flodin will drive a Grifone Mini WRC in Sardinia according to his homepage :)
http://www.patrikflodin.com/nyheter.htm

Micke_VOC
12th April 2011, 12:24
Patrik Flodin will drive a Grifone Mini WRC in Sardinia according to his homepage :)

great news... that means two Swedish drivers in wrc in Sardinia =)

Salist
12th April 2011, 12:34

It's a great news!

Plan9
12th April 2011, 22:17
I thought it was April fools. I still would be keen to see what Burcu Cetinkaya could do in the WRC. Also, I just read that Dave Richards wants 10 Minis in next year, someone has to drive them....

koko0703
13th April 2011, 13:54
Although Mini is attracting loads of attentions, they don't seem to have any major sponsor. I think that is a little bit of concern....

HaCo
13th April 2011, 16:21
Although Mini is attracting loads of attentions, they don't seem to have any major sponsor. I think that is a little bit of concern....

DR told in an interview sponcors will be displayed very soon, presentation was intended to be without. :)

Allyc85
13th April 2011, 17:08
I hear Mini are testing at Walters Arena in Wales on Sunday, does anyone have more info?

MJW
13th April 2011, 18:00
Dont think its Sunday

Fly_Half
14th April 2011, 23:30
More likely to be Saturday but it's strictly invite only. I only live a few miles away and there are several ways to get in there, however the complex is private property and if anyone sees you there, it's likely they'll stop the test until you leave.

rp
15th April 2011, 19:40
Do not know if someone has said it earlier, but Prodrive´s other possible new rally cars before Mini Countryman was chosen were Hyundai i30, Mazda 2, Toyota Auris/Yaris and VW Polo...

Fly_Half
15th April 2011, 20:59
That's interesting, imagine the budget they would have had to play with if they'd chosen the VW. I wonder if any of those other manufacturers (aside from VW obviously) are looking at entering the WRC?

Mirek
15th April 2011, 21:44
Afaik at least Toyota yes

Plan9
16th April 2011, 02:54
Do not know if someone has said it earlier, but Prodrive´s other possible new rally cars before Mini Countryman was chosen were Hyundai i30, Mazda 2, Toyota Auris/Yaris and VW Polo...

Here is a freaky rumor I read in autocar during that someone was quoted at Prodrive saying Range Rover was also considered!!!

I wonder if any of those other manufacturers (aside from VW obviously) are looking at entering the WRC?

I think that Hyundai are also interested if what is happening in Rally America is anything to go by

Plan9
16th April 2011, 02:55
More likely to be Saturday but it's strictly invite only. I only live a few miles away and there are several ways to get in there, however the complex is private property and if anyone sees you there, it's likely they'll stop the test until you leave.

Judging by Oliveria's results in Jordan it looks like they have quiet a bit of work to do I'm sorry to say

HaCo
16th April 2011, 06:43
Judging by Oliveria's results in Jordan it looks like they have quiet a bit of work to do I'm sorry to say

It seems you don't knox Oliveira at all. Last year he drove IRC in a Pug, he was far, far away and did a lot of crashes. Don't take him as a reference ;)

Plan9
16th April 2011, 09:37
It seems you don't knox Oliveira at all. Last year he drove IRC in a Pug, he was far, far away and did a lot of crashes. Don't take him as a reference ;)

Yeah good point. I was thinking that as parts of the engine broke so easily the car may still not be finnished. I was also hoping that as Oliveria was so slow the car would not break so easily.

18th April 2011, 13:08
Where's all his money come from anyway?

Plan9
20th April 2011, 06:00
I'm not sure, but I don't think it is anything dodgy like some of the most recent additions to the F1 field from South American. What amazes me is that Mini gets more attention on this blog than the Citroen and that the s2000 Mini is more involved than the Citroen counterpart.

Fly_Half
20th April 2011, 20:34
What amazes me is that Mini gets more attention on this blog than the Citroen.

Hardly surprising when Mini is the first new Manufacturer entry into the WRC for years is it? That alone is always going to generate masses of interest. For example, the re-entry of Mini is the first time Rallying has been mentioned in the mainstream BBC News here in the UK for about 20 years.

s2000 Mini is more involved than the Citroen counterpart.

Is there a DS3 equivalent to the S2000 spec Mini? I'm aware of a DS3 R3 but not an S2000. Happy to be corrected of course!

OldF
20th April 2011, 21:20
Is there a DS3 equivalent to the S2000 spec Mini? I'm aware of a DS3 R3 but not an S2000. Happy to be corrected of course!

No DS3 S2000. Or maybe there is one. To homologate a WRC car, the manufacturer has to first homologate a S2000 version. Looking at the homologations made so far, the homologation procedure is a fourphase procedure.

Group A homologation[/*:m:1hefw3gk]
Homologation of the engine[/*:m:1hefw3gk]
S2000 homologation[/*:m:1hefw3gk]
WR homologation of the WRC kit[/*:m:1hefw3gk]

Sulland
20th April 2011, 23:49
How did they manage to sneak past that process ?

Co-driven
21st April 2011, 00:39

Well, they are Citroen, right? They can do some kinds of odd things....hahaha

Plan9
21st April 2011, 03:20
I hope I haven't mislead you guys. I don't think there is a s2000 ds3. I am just surprised at the Mini's popularity, considering that it will not win the title this year and there is a stronger possibility that Citroen could win it (this is not a forgone conclusion though).
I recently visited a Mini dealership and I have to say the Countryman has a good driving position and it is not as big as some here would have us think it is.

cali
21st April 2011, 08:04

Homologated DS3 exists only on papers and that is not against rules. If Ford did not have Fiesta S2000 already built, they would have problably done the same thing.

Mirek
21st April 2011, 12:03
I was told that it is against rules - if someone wants to buy S2000 DS3, Citroën must sell it. Also all homologated parts must be available for sale.

Le NaRcX
21st April 2011, 15:47
Mini are testing in Catalunya, in gravel surface, similar conditions to Sardinia. It's been 2 days for Sordo and today and yesterday for Meeke. I've watched some videos of Sordo and the car looks pretty good, improved. Meeke was pushing so hard yesterday that went twice off the road, but with no damages to the car.

Francis44
21st April 2011, 17:20
At the end of this video, it looks like Dani crashed the Mini

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJCoh60iV7E .

Plan9
22nd April 2011, 08:21
Mini are testing in Catalunya, in gravel surface, similar conditions to Sardinia. It's been 2 days for Sordo and today and yesterday for Meeke. I've watched some videos of Sordo and the car looks pretty good, improved. Meeke was pushing so hard yesterday that went twice off the road, but with no damages to the car.

How did you find out about the test session and did you go? where did you see these pictures and photos?? HOw did you find Meeke's driving?

wildsir
22nd April 2011, 12:10
he was pushing OK.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1yiDwS_s_o

Le NaRcX
22nd April 2011, 14:26
How did you find out about the test session and did you go? where did you see these pictures and photos?? HOw did you find Meeke's driving?

Guys I know have been working as stewards.

miksu
22nd April 2011, 17:34
I cant tell from those videos if they are fast or not, but my guess is that they will fight with the slowest wrc drivers, Kimi, Henning, Wilson, before they have mechanical failures. I dont expect them to finish first races

Plan9
23rd April 2011, 03:33
Guys I know have been working as stewards.
I envy you heh =p

Plan9
23rd April 2011, 03:35
I cant tell from those videos if they are fast or not, but my guess is that they will fight with the slowest wrc drivers, Kimi, Henning, Wilson, before they have mechanical failures. I dont expect them to finish first races

+1 I agree with the first part of your comment, why do you think they will retire?? I think Meeke and Sordo are mature enough to nurse the car home if it has not been fully developed.

bubbaontour
23rd April 2011, 12:15
Oh well we have just been waisting our time, lets not bother going to italy then eh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o7jYnCNRjg

m.lowe
23rd April 2011, 13:32
I cannot wait to see it in full action and hope its as competitive as the DS3 and Fiesta

tolis
23rd April 2011, 14:29
So, MINI registered for points in the manufacturers championship... How can that happen, if they'll take part in only 6 rounds this year?

Plan9
24th April 2011, 05:50
I can't wait for the tarmac rounds (for once in ages) as I am hoping that Sordo can finally get one over Loeb. I personally think Loeb is one of the reasons the tarmac rounds have become boring.

HaCo
24th April 2011, 08:32
I personally think Loeb is one of the reasons the tarmac rounds have become boring.
You probably mean the rest being slower as the reason ;)

Plan9
24th April 2011, 23:34
yes I do. I don't get why nobody has got close to him, tarmac does not have the same issues as gravel roads

gloomyDAY
24th April 2011, 23:43
I can't wait for the tarmac rounds (for once in ages) as I am hoping that Sordo can finally get one over Loeb. I personally think Loeb is one of the reasons the tarmac rounds have become boring.Don't hold your breath!

Zeakiwi
25th April 2011, 01:27
They will probably tell Sordo to push it to find out how much time they are losing in each area of the stage and tell Meeke to take his car to the finish.

Plan9
25th April 2011, 05:40
Do you think that Sordo will be ahead for most of the season? (+1 to the previous posts)

noel157
25th April 2011, 16:08
They will probably tell Sordo to push it to find out how much time they are losing in each area of the stage and tell Meeke to take his car to the finish.

Unlikely.

Zico
25th April 2011, 18:37
I recently visited a Mini dealership and I have to say the Countryman has a good driving position and it is not as big as some here would have us think it is.

What do you mean by good driving position?.. High and SUV like? That can be nice on the motorways, comuting etc but very bad for centre of gravity.

You talk about looking forwards for the Tarmac rounds for Sordo because you hate seeing Loeb winning? I'd love to be able to share your optimism but I just cant see that car threatening either Citroen or Ford.

Pinto
25th April 2011, 22:32
agree Zico this year all i would expect out of the Mini is perhaps the odd podium.

tfp
25th April 2011, 23:38
I can't wait for the tarmac rounds (for once in ages) as I am hoping that Sordo can finally get one over Loeb. I personally think Loeb is one of the reasons the tarmac rounds have become boring.

+1 WRC needs more tarmac experts, Markko martin :( , Gilles pannizzi...

Plan9
26th April 2011, 01:50
What do you mean by good driving position?.. High and SUV like? That can be nice on the motorways, comuting etc but very bad for centre of gravity.

You talk about looking forwards for the Tarmac rounds for Sordo because you hate seeing Loeb winning? I'd love to be able to share your optimism but I just cant see that car threatening either Citroen or Ford.

Thanks for the comments. I meant that there is alot of clearance in the cabin and you can see over the bonnet very well. You sit quite high yes, but it does not feel like you are in a massive SUV. As the WRC version will be much lower I think that the drivers will have very good vision of the roads, which could be an advantage. I am not sure what the Countryman's center of gravity is like but it is not like the SX4 which was awful.

I have great admiration for Sordo and I think he could have won a few tarmac rounds if he wasn't the victim of team orders. In Mini, he will not have the pressure and I am sure he will feel confident he can give his best. I don't think it will threaten the other cars either but I don't want to see them fighting Ken Block for 14th place; and given the promising looking test videos I don't think that will be the case. But we will both have to wait and see wont we? ;)

Plan9
26th April 2011, 01:53
agree Zico this year all i would expect out of the Mini is perhaps the odd podium.

Me too actually, I just want them to win some stages and give the more established teams a bit of a fright.

noel157
27th April 2011, 13:38
Couple of videos from last week's test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKxYEgfcGJM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e73fqFbLiZA

AMSS
28th April 2011, 11:31
Couple of videos from last week's test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKxYEgfcGJM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e73fqFbLiZA

Still looks like the suspension is way off compared to Citroen and Ford, the car looks stiff and bounces alot whereas with Citroen and Ford the chassis hardly moves and the wheels/suspension does the work.
But maybe they are on to something i can`t figure out??

28th April 2011, 14:13
Still looks like the suspension is way off compared to Citroen and Ford, the car looks stiff and bounces alot whereas with Citroen and Ford the chassis hardly moves and the wheels/suspension does the work.
But maybe they are on to something i can`t figure out??

Yeah I've noticed that as well. From rally Porto photos showed it lifting a front wheel in fast long corners. Hope they go well but

OldF
28th April 2011, 18:18
David Lapworth in the latest issue of “Vauhdin maailma”.

“In the design of the Mini, we questioned a number familiar solutions used in rally cars and I know that the Mini will have innovations not seen in WRC cars before.”

BTW, why is the “Prodrive Mini WRC” thread a “sticky” thread?

Zeakiwi
28th April 2011, 20:30
It looks as though the shock absorbers and springs are smaller than Fiesta/ DS3, it might mean less weight in the suspension ?

N.O.T
28th April 2011, 21:00
we have to wait and see its performance ...so far only tourist nobodies drove the car in competition so we can not have any safe results. I am sohow an optimist about the car despite the slowness shown from the testing videos...i think the drivers will manage and be relatively close to the manufacturer cars and ahead of the privateers....we will see.

cali
29th April 2011, 13:34
we have to wait and see its performance ...so far only tourist nobodies drove the car in competition so we can not have any safe results. I am sohow an optimist about the car despite the slowness shown from the testing videos...i think the drivers will manage and be relatively close to the manufacturer cars and ahead of the privateers....we will see.
Sometimes you surprise me with your positive attitude and I have to agree with you (this is somethig that happens very rarely :p ). Hope they will show good speed in Sardinia as both Sordo and Meeke are very good drivers and nice blokes.

Gard
3rd May 2011, 07:35
It actually looks more stable than C and F, and the engine has gotten a more potent sound to it. Maybe they have something going here

AMSS
4th May 2011, 07:18
It actually looks more stable than C and F, and the engine has gotten a more potent sound to it. Maybe they have something going here

Stable? I think you mean that the suspensions stiffness makes the car look stable(not much body roll), but this also makes the wheels touch the ground less. This is why C and F has very soft suspension. But when looking at C and F than there is hardly any body roll sideways but quit some body roll longitudal. this is a efficient way to transfer weight to the wheels with more grip. Sideways roll would make the car slide alot therefore this is eliminated with swaybars and suspension setup on the C and F.
But as said many times before and proven right in this forum no testing video will ever show the real speed only after the first rally will we be wiser...

noel157
4th May 2011, 17:26
New promo video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMEQosfQKNE

4th May 2011, 23:04
Not many sponsors for Mini yet

GigiGalliNo1
5th May 2011, 13:35
How does it sound on the WRC stages? Shakedown? :D

JRodrigues
5th May 2011, 15:05
There are some differences between the official Minis and the ones from Armindo and Daniel:

http://www.rallysport.hu/images/2011/photo/wrc/05_szardinia/02_csut/images/RSHU_Photo_023_jpg.jpg
http://www.rallysport.hu/images/2011/photo/wrc/05_szardinia/02_csut/images/RSHU_Photo_028_jpg.jpg
http://www.rallysport.hu/images/2011/photo/wrc/05_szardinia/02_csut/images/RSHU_Photo_034_jpg.jpg

Side windows and mirrors.

ste898
5th May 2011, 21:33
Dire livery for a ugly car......

But great too see another manufacturer in WRC

Barreis
5th May 2011, 21:34
+1

Fast Eddie WRC
5th May 2011, 21:50
The Mini sounds brilliant but they look awful except in Sordo's all-red livery ... :cool:

Glad to have another manufacturer in the WRC but I cant see these cars creating many sales !! :eek:

Plan9
6th May 2011, 07:39
Are there any videos of the car on the shakedown? I can't find any. I think it could do quite well.

noel157
6th May 2011, 08:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxfNjiRr3aQ&feature=player_detailpage

Plan9
6th May 2011, 23:02
I'm so stoked about Meeke and Sordo's efforts right now. They will be challenging for wins even sooner than I thought!!! Meeke was smooth as ****...

RS
8th May 2011, 15:53
When is Mini's next event?

pantealex
8th May 2011, 18:43
When is Mini's next event?

Oliveira Argentina

Araujo Akropolis

Meeke Finland

Sordo Finland

J.Lindstroem
8th May 2011, 22:45
As i understood it Flodin will have a Wrc car in Greece?

Plan9
9th May 2011, 08:35
I've read the the official team may do some non-championship events to give Kris more confidence. I don't know if that is good or bad.

mousti
9th May 2011, 08:51
I've read the the official team may do some non-championship events to give Kris more confidence. I don't know if that is good or bad.
Belgium would be good for him :p he'll start as top favorite but don't think he'll have it so easy if he goes against the two C4's :D although the next rally in Belgium that he could drive is only in september :(

GigiGalliNo1
9th May 2011, 09:46
Any rally will be good for the team and drivers!

Meeke looked super fast compared to Ogier, but then again he didn't sweep as much as Ogier but hell, he looked fast in car vid! :D My fav new team and drivers!

Plan9
10th May 2011, 07:58
I think it might be something in one of the Italian championships. I don't understand why they are only doing 6 rallies the car seems as ready as it is every going to be.

noel157
10th May 2011, 09:32
I think they timed their debut just right because of their testing programme. 95% of the testing has been on gravel. Only one minor test on asphalt so far I think. With Germany, France and Spain coming up testing will focus on asphalt. A CIR/French championship round would make sense.

OldF
10th May 2011, 12:43
Now Mini has a decent web site. I don’t know how long it has looked like this but the last time I visit the web site it looked quite different.

http://www.minimotorsport.com/

Plan9
11th May 2011, 08:41
I want to know when you can buy merchandise. Also I am looking forward to the release of Dirt 3 so I can see how the car actually is.

nzabevAMSM
11th May 2011, 09:48
Also when will open media section for photos?

Plan9
13th May 2011, 02:38
Also when will open media section for photos?

Look at flickr and I guess google mini/bmw.

http://www.rallybuzz.com/mini-wrc-team-aaltonen-rally-italy/

Nice article about Mini. I hope they can fulfill on the early promise soon and win something.

noel157
13th May 2011, 09:12
Plenty more to come http://www.mudsnowandtar.com/opinion/mini-wrc-an-appraisal

Should do two national events before NORF and RG http://www.mudsnowandtar.com/latestnews/mini-may-compete-before-finland

Plan9
19th May 2011, 21:17
Some more good news: http://www.wrc.com/news/atkinson-aims-for-australia-wrc-comeback/?fid=14728
Atkinson in a Citroen, Ford but most likely a MINI in Australia. I wonder if this would lead to a full time drive next year? Or would Atko need to fund it like Olivera??

HarriK
20th May 2011, 07:53
Plenty more to come http://www.mudsnowandtar.com/opinion/mini-wrc-an-appraisal

Should do two national events before NORF and RG http://www.mudsnowandtar.com/latestnews/mini-may-compete-before-finland

Does anybody have any rumours about Mini's Finland test days?
Maybe at the around 11th of the June... then is the next Finland championship at the Lapua... ;)

Hartusvuori
20th May 2011, 10:10
Does anybody have any rumours about Mini's Finland test days?
Maybe at the around 11th of the June... then is the next Finland championship at the Lapua... ;)

FRC regulations would allow it, but - in my/yours/anyones dreams! Perhaps some rally in Estonia prior to NORF?

Red bull
20th May 2011, 11:54
Frankly i wasnt impresed by sordo times in sadegna he lost to the top drivers on all the stages and couldnt even beat mads times on almost all the stages.

Daniel
20th May 2011, 11:54
Frankly i wasnt impresed by sordo times in sadegna he lost to the top drivers on all the stages and couldnt even beat mads times on almost all the stages.

You do realise that they're still developing the car right?

MrJan
20th May 2011, 11:59

You mean that he wasn't quicker than the cars which have spent years longer in development and come from stables that have had continous contact with the WRC over the last decade? Who would've thought it :rolleyes:

Daniel
20th May 2011, 12:00
You mean that he wasn't quicker than the cars which have spent years longer in development and come from stables that have had continous contact with the WRC over the last decade? Who would've thought it :rolleyes:

Not me certainly! :D

Red bull
20th May 2011, 12:22
i totaly agree he was faster than other cars but at least with meek he registered some good times before he retired,lets wait and see after his next rally and jugde him by his perfomance.

Hartusvuori
20th May 2011, 12:24
"Shortly ahead of the Rally Finland, the MINI WRC Team will then stage a dress rehearsal, under live conditions and on gravel again, in preparation for its second outing."

Sounds a lot like Rally Estonia which is two weeks prior to NORF. Are there are similar to NORF rallies in July? Midnight Sun Rally in Sweden?

http://www.minimotorsport.com/en/news/nine_fast_weeks_to_go?WT.mc_id=sm-bitly_9_Fast_Weeks_110520

Juha_Koo
20th May 2011, 13:01
I wonder if they will drive tests in Finland if they compete prior to NORF...

Hartusvuori
20th May 2011, 13:18
I wonder if they will drive tests in Finland if they compete prior to NORF...

Competeting and testing aren't equal - at least in terms of testing a new car. Rally Estonia's date would suit well for testing in Finland as well. But this is all just speculating of course.

bluuford
20th May 2011, 13:37
Yes, Rally Estonia will be held 2 weeks prior NORF: http://rallyestonia.com/
You can also follow the registrants here: http://autosport.ee/rallyreg/?lang_id=2&
Jari Ketomaa (R4), Martin Prokop (S2000), Ott Tänak (S2000) should be there. Time to start planning ;-)

Jeppe
20th May 2011, 13:39
..and Dani and especially Kris need serious competition km´s in similar conditions under their belt prior to WRC Finland. So Estonia sounds good (and to me too) ;-)

Rallyper
20th May 2011, 15:57
Sounds a lot like Rally Estonia which is two weeks prior to NORF. Are there are similar to NORF rallies in July? Midnight Sun Rally in Sweden?

http://www.minimotorsport.com/en/news/nine_fast_weeks_to_go?WT.mc_id=sm-bitly_9_Fast_Weeks_110520

To midnight sun rally would be cool. But only as a zero car though. I guess Per Carlsson could allowe that if they ask!!!

Plan9
24th May 2011, 03:01
How long is Sordo under contract at Mini? He doesn't seem to be that into the team or motivated about the cars performance, judging from his comments to the press. Is he just biding his time at Mini until he can find a better drive elsewhere?

Pinto
24th May 2011, 12:19
A story in last weeks Motorsport news that there are plan to conduct alot of their testing on regional rallies and possiably in the hands of privateers.
story floating around a couple of months ago that Derek Magarrity was to do the Donegal international in a mini,then lately a whisper of perhaps Kris Meeke doing Donegal in the mini.

but i think you will see the car in private hands after all its a cheaper way to test the customer is footing the bill

Sardaina the cars ran without sponsorship because it first rally and that, but any idea who has been signed up as the sponsor's as i belive the car will be relivered for Finland

MJW
24th May 2011, 12:24
How long is Sordo under contract at Mini? He doesn't seem to be that into the team or motivated about the cars performance, judging from his comments to the press. Is he just biding his time at Mini until he can find a better drive elsewhere?
Im sure Loeb would like Sordo as his team mate in VW.

tfp
24th May 2011, 23:48
Im sure Loeb would like Sordo as his team mate in VW.

:p

giangino
25th May 2011, 08:21
Video Mini Wrc - Corrado Fontana - Grifone

http://www.corradofontana.it/

http://www.corradofontana.it/documenti/MINI%20WRC%20-%20CORRADO%20FONTANA.jpg

Salist
25th May 2011, 20:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL6Gwiu07Dk&feature=player_embedded

Plan9
30th May 2011, 23:33
Do you guys think it is too early to make predictions when this car will win a WRC event? I'm sure Meeke and Sordo can win those national events they may be testing the car on. I can't wait to see it in NZ next year!!!

I am evil Homer
31st May 2011, 13:51
If it does it will be Meeke driving it IMO

Allyc85
31st May 2011, 18:00
It was rumoured in Motorsport news that the Mini could be seen out on a few uk events like this weekends Severn Valley in Wales, anyone else heard or know anything about this?

Allyc85
31st May 2011, 18:08
And Kris Meeke posted this video on facebook of the car tarmac testing..

krismeeke.com - test wrapped up. bumpy and abrasive today. 60km run at end of day.. 39min! sweat on! car v good.. @DaniSordo tomorrow. - TwitVid (http://www.twitvid.com/NYUIC)

MJW
31st May 2011, 21:22
It was rumoured in Motorsport news that the Mini could be seen out on a few uk events like this weekends Severn Valley in Wales, anyone else heard or know anything about this?

I seriously doubt this saturday's Severn Valley judging by the amount of stage kilometers that will run in those same forests as Rally GB. Unless of course a non works driver is driving.

Salist
1st June 2011, 10:21
Meeke - tarmac testing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69hoGuOTo6Y&feature=player_embedded

GigiGalliNo1
1st June 2011, 13:39
pop, pop, pop, pop, sticks, sticks, pop, pop, sticks

ohhhhh a beautiful sounding car! :D

Allyc85
1st June 2011, 15:30
That does sound great!

I seriously doubt this saturday's Severn Valley judging by the amount of stage kilometers that will run in those same forests as Rally GB. Unless of course a non works driver is driving.

To be honest thats what I thought, as I think a couple years ago Sweet Lamb had to be modified at Rally GB due to Subaru using part of it for testing. Just thought id put it out there incase someone had heard something though :)

Alexg84
1st June 2011, 17:23
Photos and videos from last Meeke tests also on www.TestRally.com (http://www.testrally.com) and his forum!
New photos in the next days!

Juha_Koo
1st June 2011, 20:59
I'm starting to like the car... The side profile is kinda...hmmm, sexy. And the sounds! Po po po po bang po bang po po! :)

wildsir
1st June 2011, 21:22
Sorta like Nigella Lawson... Big and curvy with a nice side profile...
http://access.nscpcdn.com/gallery/i/l/lawson/lg1.jpg

Plan9
2nd June 2011, 21:28
I'm liking what I am seeing more and more. I have to say that if the real car is anything like the version I use on Dirt 3 then it should be quite a weapon in the future. It has very good handeling.

Alexg84
3rd June 2011, 15:40
On TestRally.com (http://www.testrally.com) added many photos of Meeke and Sordo tests in Italy last days...

http://www.testrally.com/public/immagini/0012690.jpg

http://www.testrally.com/public/immagini/0012677.jpg

RS
3rd June 2011, 15:43
The pops are nice but there's something a little 'soft' still about these cars that I don't like so much. Looking forward to the first tarmac event of the year though, should be interesting.

mousti
3rd June 2011, 21:52
MobileMe Gallery (http://gallery.me.com/b.munster#100828&view=grid&bgcolor=black&sel=23)

Nice photos made by an introduction of Prodrive to Snijers and company because of their purchase of a Mini.