PDA

View Full Version : Vettel WDC 2010

Daniel
14th November 2010, 14:29
Suck on that Alsono you whiney little cheatbag! It's good to see the team that consistently screws their drivers over losing both titles.

Oh yeah, congrats Seb :p

P.S I know it's early but I like to count my chickens before they've hatched :D

donKey jote
14th November 2010, 14:37
Well done Vettel/RedBull. :up:
Let's face it, this season it was only yours to lose :bandit:

Daniel
14th November 2010, 14:39
It's official now. Good work RBR and Vettel

J.Lindstroem
14th November 2010, 14:40
The crown is back in germany! Congrats Sebastian!

donKey jote
14th November 2010, 14:40
aww cute!
well done Vettel. I like you again after those sobs :D

Daniel
14th November 2010, 14:41
Not sure if I approved of the crying :p

Somebody
And what does this say about those who thought RBR should have done a Ferrari and swapped their drivers last week :p

SV crying on ze radio...

Garry Walker
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I am very very happy that alonso didnt win, in fact I am laughing hard and will probably open a champagne bottle soon, so eventhough Vettel is an immature prick, it is better that he won than that complete cheater.

Congrats to Vettel.

Valve Bounce
14th November 2010, 14:42
And without team orders! How about that!!

Daniel
14th November 2010, 14:44
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I am very very happy that alonso didnt win, in fact I am laughing hard and will probably open a champagne bottle soon, so eventhough Vettel is an immature prick, it is better that he won than that complete cheater.

Congrats to Vettel.

I feel the same (except for calling Vettel immaature) all I wanted was for Fernando to lose. His gestures towards Petrov after the race say it all about him.....

Garry Walker
14th November 2010, 14:46
I feel the same (except for calling Vettel immaature) all I wanted was for Fernando to lose. His gestures towards Petrov after the race say it all about him.....

What happened, I didnt see, RTL went on a commercial break.

ioan

You can say that again mate! :up:

Somebody

More than that - if they'd pulled team orders last week, Alonso would be WDC now! They won BECAUSE they didn't use team orders, NOT in spite of it! :D

Tumbo
having followed Red Bull since the early days in 2005, the promise of Newey, the first pole, win and 1-2 in China last yr and then the constructors championship in Brasil..............HELL YES :D awesome job Vettel and WHAT a way to win it :D !!!

truefan72
14th November 2010, 14:47
congrats vettel

what a podium

the 2008, 2009, and 2010 WDC on the podium

Daika
Congrats!!! next year 5 world champions on the grid!!

truefan72

yep, very well done Vettel

ioan
14th November 2010, 14:48

A loser a very very unfair and bad loser, glad I opened my eyes this season about Alonso and Ferrari!

On the other hand RBR should consider hiring Petrov, he can be that much better than a double WDC!

truefan72
this is a remarkable feat for RBR

Daniel

He was just shaking his fist at Petrov as if he'd done something wrong. What a classless goon.

Daniel
14th November 2010, 14:49
A loser a very very unfair and bad loser, glad I opened my eyes this season about Alonso and Ferrari!

On the other hand RBR should consider hiring Petrov, he can be that much better than a double WDC!

Ditto. I lost most of my respect for Ferrari when they threw Kimi out for the classless goon.

ioan
14th November 2010, 14:49

He was coasting along Petrov and gesticulating like a cry baby. Typical Alonso behavior.

truefan72
14th November 2010, 14:50

yep,

What a classless act. I hope it opens other people's eyes to this guy. In contrast Hamilton did not blame Kubica for killing his race

Alonso simply had nothing for petrov today. Better strategy, better car. end of story.

Anyway, today is about Vettel :)

AndyL
14th November 2010, 14:50
More than that - if they'd pulled team orders last week, Alonso would be WDC now! They won BECAUSE they didn't use team orders, NOT in spite of it! :D

Proof that the gods of motor racing don't want team orders :D

Garry Walker
14th November 2010, 14:53
Why did Red Bull let that complete jerk helmut marko to the podium. The guy is a prick and should be best mates with Alonso.

pino
14th November 2010, 14:53
Congrats Vettel it was well deserved ! :up:

F1boat
14th November 2010, 14:56
For me Vettel was subtly favored the whole year and especially in the final race. I will never forget Turkey and Belgium in which he, in my opinion, showed his true colors. However, racing drivers are in F1 to win and when it mattered, Vettel drove a good race, although in favourable circumstances. Because there is no such thing as undeserving F1 champion, I have to conrgatulate him for his astonishing success. Younger F1 winner, younger F1 champion - undoubtedly a great start to his still young career.

jens
14th November 2010, 14:56
Yess-yess-yess, absolutely fantastic, incredible feat against all odds!!! :bounce: :bounce: :hot: :hot: What an incredibly unexpected season it has been all around with championship favourites changing after each race and Vettel has never led the standings before the last round! After Korea it seemed all over, but like Kimi in 2007, quite an unexpected comeback in the last moment. Thank goodness Red Bull didn't use team orders in Brazil or they would have lost the WDC!!!

Many would of course discuss whether Seb is a deserving champ or not after all those mistakes and alleged favoritism, but he has also lost three race wins through car failures, so in the end despite the biggest amount of unluck among all front-runners he still managed to come out on top. I have to say that the turning point in Vettel's season was Spa. He made a horrible mistake, which seemed to decisively drop him out of the title race. But strangely something completely changed in him after that. He became much more mature, calm and has been delivering good results on a consistent basis since then. Hopefully this WDC will make him even more confident for further success.

donKey jote
14th November 2010, 14:57
classless goon.
alright daniel, we get it. Now stop behaving like a classless goon yourself :p :laugh:

morganmilan
My first post in F1 ever: GO CHAMPION VETTEL!!!! :)

CNR
after seeing his remarks on the mark webber special i am glad that he took it off alonso

fandango
14th November 2010, 15:01
Congrats to Vettel, even though he was my least favourite option. Brilliant drive to the win, must have been nervous in those last few laps.

While Vettel was on the podium they interviewed Alonso, who was gracious in defeat, more so than those of you on here in victory I might add. Italian TV asked him about his recriminations of Petrov, and he said that he just thought Petrov was very aggressive but that he didn't mean anything by it. I thought it was a bit much myself.

They asked Alonso if it was the team's decision to pit, and he said "yeah, all of us." He said he was sad now, but that anyway they had got to a position in the WDC that they didn't really deserve anyway, so they have reasons to be happy.

Poor Webber.

Garry Walker
14th November 2010, 15:02
after seeing his remarks on the mark webber special i am glad that he took it off alonso

what did he say

Daniel
14th November 2010, 15:07
While Vettel was on the podium they interviewed Alonso, who was gracious in defeat, more so than those of you on here in victory I might add. Italian TV asked him about his recriminations of Petrov, and he said that he just thought Petrov was very aggressive but that he didn't mean anything by it. I thought it was a bit much myself.

**** you!

Oh sorry I didn't mean anything by that :laugh:

It's easy to apologise after you've done something like that but at the end of the day he's still the guy who whinged at a guy who merely raced as hard as he could and never showed any signs of being too aggressive whatsoever.

F1boat
14th November 2010, 15:07
They asked Alonso if it was the team's decision to pit, and he said "yeah, all of us."

He is right, but I hope for more next season. :)

truefan72
14th November 2010, 15:08
Congrats to Vettel, even though he was my least favourite option. Brilliant drive to the win, must have been nervous in those last few laps.

They asked Alonso if it was the team's decision to pit, and he said "yeah, all of us." He said he was sad now, but that anyway they had got to a position in the WDC that they didn't really deserve anyway, so they have reasons to be happy.

Poor Webber.

He also made some gracious comments on BBC. But the initial on track reaction is what is still very hard to digest. Yeah, he can be gracious afterwards. but those on track gestures are probably his true character.
It is how you act when things are down that defines you.

Daniel
14th November 2010, 15:10
He also made some gracious comments on BBC. But the initial on track reaction is what is still very hard to digest. Yeah, he can be gracious afterwards. but those on track gestures are probably his true character.

If it was the first time Fernando had been like this I could let it slide. But that's Fernando through and through. Fantastic driver but what a terrible character.

fandango
14th November 2010, 15:14

I agree, and it's ironic that the team he twice left to try to become champion again is the team that ruined his chances. However, I think for people to call anyone class-less, it's surely necessary to display a bit of class yourself. just sayin'....

Daniel
14th November 2010, 15:15
alright daniel, we get it. Now stop behaving like a classless goon yourself :p :laugh:

Takes one to know one so that's why i can speak with such experience ;) :p :laugh:

Daniel
14th November 2010, 15:16
I agree, and it's ironic that the team he twice left to try to become champion again is the team that ruined his chances. However, I think for people to call anyone class-less, it's surely necessary to display a bit of class yourself. just sayin'....

I'm not the one getting paid zillions to be the public face of various brands etc etc :)

Robinho
14th November 2010, 15:18
Congrats to Vettel, i said earlier in the year (after Spa i think) that whilst he was quick enough, he was making too many mistakes to be world champ, and since then he has been faultless, should have won in Korea, did in Japan, Brazil and now Abu Dhabi, great run in and a title i now think was well deserved.

on a side note it was nice to see the last 3 world champions on the podium, glad Alonso/Ferrari blew it by covering the wrong red bull, and Red Bull can be fully vindicated in leaving it wide open for the drivers seeing as Mark seemed to choke yesterday and could not recover today. Also nice to see that Ferrari's Germany stunt failed as well.

Pity Alonso could not be so magnanimous in defeat as Massa was in '08

fandango
14th November 2010, 15:23
I'm not the one getting paid zillions to be the public face of various brands etc etc :)

Yeah well, I know how these discussions go with you, that you always have the last word, but I don't see what money has to do with it. I didn't like Alonso's gesture either. My main point is that I don't understand the mentality of anyone who celebrates a defeat.

And this thread is about celebrating Vettel's great win, or so I thought.

Daniel
14th November 2010, 15:24
Yeah well, I know how these discussions go with you, that you always have the last word, but I don't see what money has to do with it. I didn't like Alonso's gesture either. My main point is that I don't understand the mentality of anyone who celebrates a defeat.

And this thread is about celebrating Vettel's great win, or so I thought.

Alonso and Ferrari are the ones who have made choices which have led to people being happy that they've lost.

Ent
14th November 2010, 15:27
Well done to Vettel. Congrats. And also well done for the strategy of bringing Webber in early, forcing Alonso and Ferrari to make the call to call him in also as well, effectively ruining both driver's races. All Alonso needed to do was stay out, but he was forced to choose and he took the safer, less successful option.

steveaki13
14th November 2010, 15:40
Congrats to Sebastian Vettel.

The fastest out and out driver on the grid.

christophulus
14th November 2010, 15:44
Great news, Vettel finally securing the title he should have wrapped up long ago. Fastest all year. :up:

Next year is going to be great, five champions on the grid!

wedge
14th November 2010, 15:52
Congrats

Arguably the quickest driver currently in F1 but still question marks over the 'worthy' tag when he chooses to press the self-destruct button when overtaking a near rival/podium position.

steveaki13
14th November 2010, 15:57
Congrats

Arguably the quickest driver currently in F1 but still question marks over the 'worthy' tag when he chooses to press the self-destruct button when overtaking a near rival/podium position.

I agree.

He is pretty much the fastest drivern IMO, but whether he is the best racer Im still not sure.

When out front he is almost un touchable.

Dave B
14th November 2010, 15:57
Much as I was supporting Mark and the Brits this year, I'm happy that in the final reckoning the Championship went to a driver who raced all year, and one who had to beat an incredibly strong team mate fair and square.

Red Bull may have made some tactical blunders this year, but there's been little doubt that their drivers have raced each other.

Vettel is a worthy and deserving champion, and he took the title in style with a pole and a win :champion: :up:

UltimateDanGTR
14th November 2010, 15:59
Much as I was supporting Mark and the Brits this year, I'm happy that in the final reckoning the Championship went to a driver who raced all year, and one who had to beat an incredibly strong team mate fair and square.

Red Bull may have made some tactical blunders this year, but there's been little doubt that their drivers have raced each other.

Vettel is a worthy and deserving champion, and he took the title in style with a pole and a win :champion: :up:

yup, couldn't agree more.

well done to him, a deserved champ even considering spa and instanbul since everyone has made mistakes this years.

since spa though, he has been immense.

ioan
14th November 2010, 16:04
He is right, but I hope for more next season. :)

Yep, more of the same please, some team orders midway through the season, some crashes, some stupid strategy calls and ball-less last race.

ioan
14th November 2010, 16:06

Calling Alonso classless is not classless, it's the truth, so since when is the truth classless?!

ioan
14th November 2010, 16:07
Pity Alonso could not be so magnanimous in defeat as Massa was in '08

Hear, hear! :up:

jens
14th November 2010, 16:10
Congrats to Sebastian Vettel.

The fastest out and out driver on the grid.

Well, I have to say I am sceptical about such phrases like Vettel being "the fastest driver" on the grid just because he has the fastest car. The same was done in 2005, when Kimi was started to be called the "fastest driver", when he had in fact the fastest car.

ioan
14th November 2010, 16:10
yup, couldn't agree more.

well done to him, a deserved champ even considering spa and instanbul since everyone has made mistakes this years.

since spa though, he has been immense.

He really pulled himself together at the end and delivered what many were expecting from him, flawless wins!

maximilian
14th November 2010, 16:12
As much as I wanted Webber to be WDC, the season ending performance from Sebastian was absolutely CLUTCH, and truly epic. Despite my Webber support, there is NO doubt that in Vettel the best of the year has actually won the Championship - there should have not even been a doubt as to him taking the title, the only reason he didn't clinch it earlier/easier was his 3 mechanical DNFs... Webber had NONE. His 2 completely unnecessary crashes (unlike Vettel's, which were in the heat of racing) proved to be fatal.

Alonso put up a good challenge, but ultimately it would have been WRONG for him to be champion by less than the points margin he gained through team orders. This feels right and good. Many congratulations to Sebastian Vettel!

Nikki Katz
14th November 2010, 16:14
I'm really happy that Vettel won this (though I would've preferred Webber, Vettel's probably the better driver). It's strange that they didn't wrap this up a lot sooner tho!

UltimateDanGTR
14th November 2010, 16:25
He really pulled himself together at the end and delivered what many were expecting from him, flawless wins!

:up:

and unlucky not to make it an end of season qintuplate* of wins thanks to his engine in korea....

*not sure if that's spelt right....

jas123f1
14th November 2010, 16:42
Congratulations Sebastian :champion: - that was the best thing after Kimi Raikkonens title win 2007. Keep going :) Great performance !!! :beer:

VkmSpouge
14th November 2010, 16:48
Congratulations to Sebastian Vettel on winning the championship, he deserved it this year, he was consistently the quickest and although all five championship contenders made errors throughout the year Vettel made the fewest critical ones.

Mia 01
14th November 2010, 17:08
Congrats Sebastian!!

You won whitout teamorders.

A good bet is that you will take it next year to.

i_max2k2
14th November 2010, 17:37
I was hoping for anyone else except Alonso to win, and that happened, Vettel had some bad luck along with some terrible mistakes, in my opinion Webber deserved the title more showing more maturity throughout the season. But Vettel was solid in the last few races, and the best part of the season was on the podium when the champagne/citric drink lol, would not come out as they wanted it to , and lewis even spit some out, that was hilarious.. but yes well done Vettel!

gloomyDAY
14th November 2010, 21:05
I just got home from the weekend.

What happened?! Time to get the race and change my signature.

Captain VXR
14th November 2010, 21:23
Daniel - for once I totally agree with you
Garry Walker - get a signature that doesn't fail
Congrats Vettel
And to Button and Hamilton, good luck next year

truefan72
14th November 2010, 21:53
Well, I have to say I am sceptical about such phrases like Vettel being "the fastest driver" on the grid just because he has the fastest car. The same was done in 2005, when Kimi was started to be called the "fastest driver", when he had in fact the fastest car.

nope Kimi was and always was a superfast driver. Some might argue that his speed out drove the limits of those cars

As to Vettel, I do agree that the car contributed mightily to his championship and that pound for pound he probably is not as good as Hamilton, Kubica, Alonso and perhaps Rosberg. But he did the best job in the best car and that is all you can ask for.

To me he won the championship on Saturday's by outqualifying everyone consistently. And I think he might have had only one race where he made a psss to take the lead and win. Other than that, he pretty much got pole and then proceeded to sprint away from competition in the race, most notably on tracks where th RBR chassis was dominant.

But fair and square he deserves credit for those performances and he does have genuine speed, especially given that Webber could not match him in certain critical races. It is a well deserved WDC and wCC for Vettel and RBR.

here's hoping that Mclaren, Renault and Mercedes can all up their game for next year and we can get closer competitive racing.

I can't wait for 2011. How long until they uunveil the new cars?

Jag_Warrior
14th November 2010, 22:29
-My guy (Hamilton) couldn't win it.
-The guy I REALLY didn't want to win it (Alonso) folded up like a tent in a windstorm.
-And the guy who it's really hard for me to dislike, no matter what the lil fellow does, went all "carpe diem" on the field and took that title like it belonged to him!!!

I would have been happy enough if Webber had won it too (being an ex-Jag driver and all). But I just feel like Vettel hung it all out and refused to play it safe these last few races. Congrats to a VERY deserving driver. What a great freakin' season!!! :bounce:

Duchess
14th November 2010, 23:45
Though I think Vettel is a little immature prick with the irritating habit of pointing his stupid finger at everyone, I cannot deny that he knows how to get raw speed out of a car. For that, congratulations to him for becoming the 2010 WDC, and in Jake Humphrey's words "savour it" because 2011 is another season with harder competition!

555-04Q2
15th November 2010, 05:21
Well done to Vettel :up: Great drive and a great finish to the season. Youngest ever WDC and looked like he was genuinely overwhelmed by it all. Good on ya son, we look forward to many more seasons of great racing :up:

What a season, what a finish, what a great return to form for F1 :up:

CaptainRaiden
15th November 2010, 06:20
Congrats to Vettel on a job well done! I'm not really a fan of Vettel, but I'd rather see ANYBODY win but Alonso. There you go you little prima donna, now you can beat your chest and show hand gestures to another competitor all you want, nobody cares. What a sore loser.

TheFamousEccles
15th November 2010, 06:42
Congratulations to Vettel on a well played season. Although I would have preferred his team-mate be victorious (yes, yes, rampant nationalism - we Aussies haven't had a WDC for a while...), If I cant have that then Vettel is the next best thing IMO.

CaptainRaiden
15th November 2010, 06:55
Congratulations to Vettel on a well played season. Although I would have preferred his team-mate be victorious (yes, yes, rampant nationalism - we Aussies haven't had a WDC for a while...), If I cant have that then Vettel is the next best thing IMO.

Not just the Aussies, a lot of people would have liked to see Webber win it, including me, since Hamilton's chances were all gone towards the latter part of the season with his brain fart at Monza and the incident at Singapore. I preferred Webber after that, because a) He's not Alonso and b) He can be a mighty good driver on his day. Unfortunately Abu Dhabi was not one of those days.

Ari
15th November 2010, 07:31
Well done Seb, as much as it pains me to say it.... well done.

Seb owned the race. Stole pole and then did the business on Sunday.

I would have loved to have seen him win a few more races from behind, but alas it wasn't to be. Hard year to argue the champion. Close a battle as we've ever seen.

Would have loved to see it go to Mark but, for whatever reason, he just hasn't been there in the last half of the year.

ShiftingGears
15th November 2010, 07:53
A fully deserving champion :up: Hopefully RBR have an excellent car next year with a more consistent season.

Ranger
15th November 2010, 07:59
Well done, well deserved! :up:

wedge
15th November 2010, 14:33

Arguably the quickest drivers in arguably the best car so you would expect him to be flawless when he's at the front but its debatable on whether Vettel [I]raced/I] such hence allegations of 'can Vettel overtake' and the Crash Kid moniker.

Crashed twice whilst trying to overtake in a season. Once is forgiveable, twice is just not on in my book.

I've got no problems with weaving, chopping, blocking and other intimidatory tactics whilst others feel they are dangerous/underhand/unethical tactics; but I personally draw the line at intimidating Hamilton in pit lane of all places and yet the world cried at Schumi chopping Rubens.

Oh and then there's the team orders conspiracy theories which won't die down. In Instanbul Ciaran Pilbeam was allegedly ordered to tell Webber to let Vettel through...

Cooper_S
15th November 2010, 14:51
quelle surprise... nasty germans... we won the war... etc, etc.. LOL

jens
16th November 2010, 17:10
Two days past and I have to say it's still hard to believe that Vettel has won the WDC. Why? Because he had quite a difficult season and the first things that come to my mind regarding his season are all kinds of troubles. Crashes, car problems and other strange occurrences (Hungary safety car). And the fact that whenever he got close to the championship lead, something went wrong (well, except the very last race). Sometimes during the season I was wondering if he is ever going to have a troublefree race again as one never seemed to come along.

Then again you may think that even if despite all of this he has still managed to win the WDC, we can positively look into the future. As long as RBR can build fast cars and Vettel himself endures more complete seasons (this season was pretty much a tough character-building year all around), he should be in the hunt in the future as well.