PDA

View Full Version : Saloon or single seater

new_racer
10th November 2010, 01:19
Hello Everyone
I am a new racing driver and have recently passed my National B and hoping to start a season next year.
I would like to ask what are the differences between single seater and saloon car racing series especially in terms of budget.
For saloon car, I am looking at BMW Kumho championship. However, after having spent a year or two in this series, I would eventually want to move into some single seater championship.
Can someone give me rough comparison of cost of club car racing season (such as Kumho BMW series) with a single seater championship costing the least.

Thanks
Jabran Zahid

Mark
10th November 2010, 08:19
Hello Everyone
I am a new racing driver and have recently passed my National B and hoping to start a season next year.
I would like to ask what are the differences between single seater and saloon car racing series especially in terms of budget.
For saloon car, I am looking at BMW Kumho championship. However, after having spent a year or two in this series, I would eventually want to move into some single seater championship.
Can someone give me rough comparison of cost of club car racing season (such as Kumho BMW series) with a single seater championship costing the least.

Thanks
Jabran Zahid

Congratulations and good luck!
However I would wager you yourself are in a better position to answer your question than most here :p

Rallyevent
10th November 2010, 11:13
Good luck! :)

MrMetro
10th November 2010, 17:18
Although I am not a race driver, I think single seaters are more expensive,

The thing with single seaters is that teams often like those who started at a young age doing karting.

Becoming a touring car driver might be easier, but remember, professional race driving is not cheap, and often, its the people you know, rather than your talent that gets you somewhere...

MrMetro
10th November 2010, 17:19
This link may be of some interest to you...

http://www.gomotorsport.net/