PDA

View Full Version : Unlucky in Love

dunes
8th November 2010, 17:30
:mad: With another devorce on the horizon I have to ask myself what the heck am I doing wrong.I'm not the one cheating or boozing it up,Maybe because I got remarried too soon after my last wife passed from cancer.Maybe I should just date instead, but then the rules are really stacked up against me. I make excellent money and i'm kind caring and been told an around great guy :D , yes even where it counts [to some]. :s mokin:
So the bottom line is if you ladies like Spoorts ,NasCAR,and Spending my money[heehee],I'm once again availible.Oh theres only one catch. I drive a semi and am gone for extended periods at a time and require alot of TLC
when i'm ailing.
If not Hows the beastality thing work would i be on top or the bottom? :eek:
Because going gay just don't suit me.
I knew someone was going to throw that one in.

Brown, Jon Brow
8th November 2010, 17:46
I'd give you some advice but sadly the last time I went to talk to a girl she left before I finished my opening line to vomit.

Bob Riebe
8th November 2010, 18:02
:mad: With another devorce on the horizon I have to ask myself what the heck am I doing wrong.I'm not the one cheating or boozing it up,Maybe because I got remarried too soon after my last wife passed from cancer.Maybe I should just date instead, but then the rules are really stacked up against me. I make excellent money and i'm kind caring and been told an around great guy :D , yes even where it counts [to some]. :s mokin:
So the bottom line is if you ladies like Spoorts ,NasCAR,and Spending my money[heehee],I'm once again availible.Oh theres only one catch. I drive a semi and am gone for extended periods at a time and require alot of TLC
when i'm ailing.

You got married too soon after a heart-breaking loss.

I was going to dump a woman some years back for another more exciting one, for one reason or another I did not change status-quo , till I experienced a goodly amount more of what the new "exciting" one was.
That was the most intelligent move I ever made and saved myself a great deal of "exciting" grief.

Be your-self, and only your-self, once you make a legal commitment, after trying to become the person another thinks you should be, it is too late to say oops.

Jag_Warrior
8th November 2010, 19:34
Considering my track record with relationships (except for the one I'm in now... and all it will take is one bad weekend to screw this one up), I don't think you'd want to take advice from me. Unless you're looking for a way out. I can give fantastic breakup advice! You might have to block certain phone numbers for awhile and keep your car parked in the garage when you're out of town... but she'll definitely know that it's over if you take my advice. :D

Anyway, here's a line I think I heard in a movie or TV show... and IMO, it sums up longer term relationships VERY well:

Women screw up because they stay with a man, thinking that he will change.
Men screw up because they stay with a woman, thinking that she won't change.

dunes
8th November 2010, 19:35
You got married too soon after a heart-breaking loss.

Be your-self, and only your-self, once you make a legal commitment, after trying to become the person another thinks you should be, it is too late to say oops.

I knew this girl for years before we got hitched and she was there for me and my ex while the whole ordeal was going from worse to death.so needless to say we had some of the same friends.Last sept we went to an annual sept bash a "friend" i have known for over 30 years and her hooked up in his back yard. His yard is 14 acre of hunting property so I only got the news when the two of them came back from a trail ride together.She blamed the alcohol but I didn't really care why;they were both married and I helped him build all of his hunting cabins and pole barns from the ground up to the shingles..We knew each other for a very long time.And he says to me oral sex is cheating even when it takes over an hour :vader: .

ioan
8th November 2010, 22:02

Rather be yourself for sometime before making a legal commitment, after it might be too late.

ioan
8th November 2010, 22:04
I knew this girl for years before we got hitched and she was there for me and my ex while the whole ordeal was going from worse to death.so needless to say we had some of the same friends.Last sept we went to an annual sept bash a "friend" i have known for over 30 years and her hooked up in his back yard. His yard is 14 acre of hunting property so I only got the news when the two of them came back from a trail ride together.She blamed the alcohol but I didn't really care why;they were both married and I helped him build all of his hunting cabins and pole barns from the ground up to the shingles..We knew each other for a very long time.And he says to me oral sex is cheating even when it takes over an hour :vader: .

Well there are friends and friends, you just need to distinguish the better ones.

dunes
8th November 2010, 22:46
i have a better idea
trust only me.

ioan
8th November 2010, 23:03
i have a better idea
trust only me.

That's bordering on paranoia, not a good idea.

However more trust in yourself is a great idea.

Rudy Tamasz
9th November 2010, 07:38
when i'm ailing.

From what you are saying I can conclude that you are too soft on your women. I can relate to that because I am pretty much the same way. My advice to you is never let your women out of control or you are toast.

Easy Drifter
9th November 2010, 07:49
Let me just say that I have no kids to speak of.
Married once, separated but very good friends, but no sex.

Just the same---- Fastest tongue in the east! (Canada that is.) :eek: :cool:

gadjo_dilo
10th November 2010, 06:47
Just love the opportunity to intrude into a men's discussion about their relationships with women. :laugh:

Thank you, guys!

dunes
11th November 2010, 01:37
Just love the opportunity to intrude into a men's discussion about their relationships with women. :laugh:

Thank you, guys!
cool intrude; introduce me to the seductivness of women and i'll introduce you to the pleasures of men.
Jeff Foxworthy"something naked and a beer".

gadjo_dilo
11th November 2010, 06:52
cool intrude; introduce me to the seductivness of women and i'll introduce you to the pleasures of men.
Jeff Foxworthy"something naked and a beer".

Ha! Continue to use such quatations and maybe you'll understand why you're unlucky in love.

ShiftingGears
11th November 2010, 09:18
You got married ...

Abbreviated it :p :

dunes
17th November 2010, 05:02
Its nice yo open up to friends knowing well in advance youve just put your foot in your own mouth, Now I'll have that beer and sometfrillyhin naked,

Roamy
17th November 2010, 06:14
Swoop - just buy the pussy that way you won't get tired of them and hurt when they leave. - get a dog for love. You will do just fine

gadjo_dilo
17th November 2010, 06:51
...... - get a dog for love. You will do just fine

Well, I know somtimes my imagination goes too far...
I'm sure it's not an advice to become a zoophile.

Roamy
17th November 2010, 07:50
:laugh: :laugh:

fandango
17th November 2010, 08:04

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Nobody really deserves to be treated like that. On the other hand, relationships have been known to recover from worse things, so I suppose you need to decide what you want. She helped you with a lot in the past, so does she have any "good person" credit in the bank? Is she sorry? Does she still drink? Maybe she really was weak, and the real problem is your buddy and his marriage.

Try not to make any rash decisions, and don't go hunting with your friend - you don't want to be standing near him with something loaded in your hand....

Best of luck.

Brown, Jon Brow
17th November 2010, 20:24
I'll give you a tip for dating! Don't ever ask a girl out for a meal like I did once and then forget to take your wallet. :(

Mark in Oshawa
17th November 2010, 20:42
Well Swoop, since I did what you do for a living, I probably have a little more insight into how you live and how tough it is.

The thing is, if you are on the road, you really have to have a lot of trust in the woman you leave behind when you hit the road. I had that with my wife, but I was driving local for 6 years before I did 3 years on the road. I think if you can find a way off the road, it will give you a fairer shot of a decent relationship. That said, don't be in a hurry, go out and make some dough, and think about what you want, and how you think women will see you. Be brutally honest. Are you a happy person day to day? Are you messy? (my wife says that is the only issue she can have with me...lol), Do you like to stay busy and do lots of things when you are home? Think, am I a good fit for a woman? Most men if honest, know that they can be selfish at times in a relationship.

Then know who you are, and think about what kind of woman you want? Smart? Loyal of course....but most of us figure if she is "naked with a beer" we are halfway home. Dumb assumption actually...because we want a woman that isn't just happy to have a guy with a pulse. We want a woman who has a brain and understands the world, and understands (in our case in particular) OUR world. My wife understood why it took me a day after a week or so on the road to be myself. She knew I just needed to be in one place for 24 hours so she knew there was no point in pressuring me to do 15 things the minute I got in the door. She also knew that after that day, I would be myself...but down in a sense about having to go back out again. Dumb women don't pick up on these things..they only think you are a grumpy so and so and it is all about them.

It should be about them about as much as it is about you. Being a trucker's spouse sucks. It takes a special woman to get that, and dumb ones don't. Dumb ones get frustrated and go and get lucky with your buddy in a cabin....

You need to take the time to really understand who you are, what you can offer a woman, and to find the right woman it takes time. I suggest a really good dating service or maybe Eharmony to be honest. People laugh, but the truth of it is, they break down what people are just like they advertise. It may not get you who you expect either....and THAT is probably the biggest mistake. People often look for their "type" and then when it fails over and over again, never see that they are making their "type" their goal not realizing that their personality wont often mesh with that perceived idea. Women are really guilty I think of this. Many date guys who we all know are jerks or unsuitable, but he is their "type".....so they refuse to see reason. Guys are dumb this way too.

Just take your time Swoop, and be self confident AND aware of who you are and what you want, and take your time getting there. Getting it right in 9 months or a year beats rushing out and making another mistake.

dunes
17th November 2010, 22:25
Well Swoop, since I did what you do for a living, I probably have a little more insight into how you live and how tough it is.

The thing is, if you are on the road, you really have to have a lot of trust in the woman you leave behind when you hit the road. I had that with my wife, but I was driving local for 6 years before I did 3 years on the road. I think if you can find a way off the road, it will give you a fairer shot of a decent relationship. That said, don't be in a hurry, go out and make some dough, and think about what you want, and how you think women will see you. Be brutally honest. Are you a happy person day to day? Are you messy? (my wife says that is the only issue she can have with me...lol), Do you like to stay busy and do lots of things when you are home? Think, am I a good fit for a woman? Most men if honest, know that they can be selfish at times in a relationship.

Then know who you are, and think about what kind of woman you want? Smart? Loyal of course....but most of us figure if she is "naked with a beer" we are halfway home. Dumb assumption actually...because we want a woman that isn't just happy to have a guy with a pulse. We want a woman who has a brain and understands the world, and understands (in our case in particular) OUR world. My wife understood why it took me a day after a week or so on the road to be myself. She knew I just needed to be in one place for 24 hours so she knew there was no point in pressuring me to do 15 things the minute I got in the door. She also knew that after that day, I would be myself...but down in a sense about having to go back out again. Dumb women don't pick up on these things..they only think you are a grumpy so and so and it is all about them.

It should be about them about as much as it is about you. Being a trucker's spouse sucks. It takes a special woman to get that, and dumb ones don't. Dumb ones get frustrated and go and get lucky with your buddy in a cabin....

You need to take the time to really understand who you are, what you can offer a woman, and to find the right woman it takes time. I suggest a really good dating service or maybe Eharmony to be honest. People laugh, but the truth of it is, they break down what people are just like they advertise. It may not get you who you expect either....and THAT is probably the biggest mistake. People often look for their "type" and then when it fails over and over again, never see that they are making their "type" their goal not realizing that their personality wont often mesh with that perceived idea. Women are really guilty I think of this. Many date guys who we all know are jerks or unsuitable, but he is their "type".....so they refuse to see reason. Guys are dumb this way too.

Just take your time Swoop, and be self confident AND aware of who you are and what you want, and take your time getting there. Getting it right in 9 months or a year beats rushing out and making another mistake.

OK This ones pretty cool.
1st My ex was also a driver. we were together in the truck,bigest mistake.Seperate holidays,2nd biggest,Trusting a friend with yoiure wife just stupid.
The naked and a beer thing is my plan for awhile. Not looking for terminal relatiopns but a partner to come by and see when i'm around. no strings just sex........ and a beer.
I understand how it happened i just don't get with who it happened. Not rreally too bent about anymore.Im not superman but i don't spend alot of time criingf over something that had to change either. all the best to the both of them.LATER

I know what Iwant in a real partner but I also know I'm nbot going to find it untill i'm done outhere. so right now its all about the money and me.Don't judge me too harshly,im happy with it.
Being myuself and having confidence is a good thing and i'm all in. Besides i know im good enough for anyone to have me all i have to do is be readyh to be had.Its just npot that time yet.

Thanks for the time and thoughts, stopping and looking is always good advice when crossing the tracks or the threshhold.