PDA

View Full Version : driver of the race

UltimateDanGTR
7th November 2010, 18:00
Vettel for me.

steveaki13
7th November 2010, 18:03
Vettel over all driver of the race unquestionably for me.

Other good drives.

Jenson Button - Came from 10th to 5th

Well thats about it really for me everyone else was average.

*Oh yer Liuzzi for spicing up the race at the end. ;)

markabilly
7th November 2010, 18:05
vettel and webber.

donKey jote
7th November 2010, 18:14
vettel and alonso :p

N4D13
7th November 2010, 18:15
Vettel and Alonso. Vettel for obvious reasons, and then Alonso put a great overtaking on Hülkenberg for third place.

markabilly
7th November 2010, 18:15
vettel and alonso :p

You would say that.....of course, as freddie's admirer

AndyL
7th November 2010, 18:23
Alonso did pretty well too didn't he? Put a pass on Lewis early on and did as well as he could in the second best car.

Dave B
7th November 2010, 18:36
Vettel. He quickly and calmly dealt with Nico, then set about answering everything that Mark threw at him.

Button also did a good job at moving up from 11th to 5th, but as ever he shouldn't have been that far back in the first place.

F1boat
7th November 2010, 19:08
For the race, no one was head and shoulders above the rest, but for the weekend, I give it to Hulkenberg.

Sonic
7th November 2010, 19:14
Alonso and Button for me.

donKey jote
7th November 2010, 19:14
You would say that.....of course, as freddie's admirer
I wouldn't, of course, as I can't stand Vettel and I'm more of an anti-anti-Alonso than a true admirer :p

fandango
7th November 2010, 19:15
Vettel for sheer pace and control, and Alonso, the only one able to match the pace of RBR, although it was only for some periods of the race.

DexDexter
7th November 2010, 19:40
Alonso did pretty well too didn't he? Put a pass on Lewis early on and did as well as he could in the second best car.

That wasn't much of a pass, it was another mistake by Hamilton. Having said that Fred drove a good race along with Webber and Vettel.

Neil J
7th November 2010, 21:50
Massa made the race for me, he`s my driver of the day. Well done Pip :)

motetarip
7th November 2010, 21:52
That wasn't much of a pass, it was another mistake by Hamilton. Having said that Fred drove a good race along with Webber and Vettel.

Fred was going to get past at some point

truefan72
7th November 2010, 22:19
For the race, no one was head and shoulders above the rest, but for the weekend, I give it to Hulkenberg.

yep.

but maybe also a slight tip of the hat to Button
albeit not enough to stop RBR from claiming the WCC

Tazio
7th November 2010, 22:24
:s ailor: Vettel

Duchess
7th November 2010, 23:29
Alonso and Button this weekend. Props to Button for giving it his all and not throwing in the towel no matter how easy that might have been.

wedge
8th November 2010, 00:19
Hulk & Button

RBR were class of the field and it was obvious Hulk was going to be a sitting duck but when he got his head together Hulk did a very good job of defending himself against Hamilton.

ShiftingGears
8th November 2010, 00:26
Button's been making a habit of getting himself in the top 5 after starting out of the top 10 at Brazil. He did quite well. It was a solid race, no immediate standouts.

Tazio
8th November 2010, 05:48
That wasn't much of a pass, it was another mistake by Hamilton. Having said that Fred drove a good race along with Webber and Vettel.Car A) The Boss was one position ahead of car B) Fred.
While racing car A went into a corner too deep, and car B passed car A.
That is two straight races Fred has passed The Boss and keeping the position.
For being the world’s greatest late breaker, The Boss's nuts have either receded :laugh: or Fred is just scaring the living b-jeezuss out of him, thus forcing him into mistakes.
Actually Fred "to all intents, constructions, and purposes." personally eliminated any hope of the boss taking WDC #2 this season with that pass.
Having said that, even though McLaren are well ahead of Ferrari in the WCC I give the Boss credit for having a good season and I look forward to him coming over to Ferrari after Fred retires ;)

pino
8th November 2010, 06:22
Vettel followed by Alonso :D

Big Ben
8th November 2010, 07:08
Vettel and Alonso.... and Rosberg because with all the bad luck somehow he finished again ahead his rookie team mate.

wattoroos
8th November 2010, 07:53
i think vettel obviously as he won but also button because he moved a lot and scored good points

Mia 01
8th November 2010, 08:09
Seb, Mark and Hulk in that order.

Wasted Talent
8th November 2010, 09:14
Vettel. He quickly and calmly dealt with Nico, then set about answering everything that Mark threw at him.

Button also did a good job at moving up from 11th to 5th, but as ever he shouldn't have been that far back in the first place.

Button - drive of the RACE - qualifying was different

Vettel - never let Webber get near him

WT

AndyL
8th November 2010, 10:28
Car A) The Boss was one position ahead of car B) Fred.

Looking back on it I have to agree with Dex's assessment. It was a pass, but not much of one. They all count of course :)

DexDexter
8th November 2010, 10:29
Car A) The Boss was one position ahead of car B) Fred.
That is two straight races Fred has passed The Boss and keeping the position.
For being the world’s greatest late breaker, The Boss's nuts have either receded :laugh: or Fred is just scaring the living b-jeezuss out of him, thus forcing him into mistakes.
Actually Fred "to all intents, constructions, and purposes." personally eliminated any hope of the boss taking WDC #2 this season with that pass.
Having said that, even though McLaren are well ahead of Ferrari in the WCC I give the Boss credit for having a good season and I look forward to him coming over to Ferrari after Fred retires ;)

Yep, so Hamilton made another unforced error in an overtaking situation, that's two in a row now. Honestly that wasn't about Fred, it was all about Hamilton failing under pressure. You cannot give Alonso credit for that (unless you're Spanish).

Robinho
8th November 2010, 10:54
thats actually the 2nd time that Hamilton has run wide at that corner at let Alonso have a place (2007)

Brown, Jon Brow
8th November 2010, 12:27
Vettel was in a class of one today. I felt that he still had a few tenths over Webber if he really needed it.

Button drove well and could have had 4th if it wouldn't have taken Lewis out of contention for the WDC.

Tazio
8th November 2010, 12:40
Yep, so Hamilton made another unforced error in an overtaking situation, that's two in a row now. Honestly that wasn't about Fred, it was all about Hamilton failing under pressure. You cannot give Alonso credit for that (unless you're Spanish).

I humbly disagree.

Brown, Jon Brow
8th November 2010, 13:19

Fred put the pressure onto Hamilton and forced the error out of him.

Tazio
8th November 2010, 13:25
Looking back on it I have to agree with Dex's assessment. It was a pass, but not much of one. They all count of course :)

Quite right AndyL
If he didn’t get him there he would have had him later. So just because it doesn't happen in a spectacular fashion it is a still a racing pass. :s mokin:

DexDexter
8th November 2010, 20:02
I humbly disagree.

:up:

donKey jote
8th November 2010, 20:14
thats actually the 2nd time that Hamilton has run wide at that corner at let Alonso have a place (2007)
Ham was already behind in 2007 when he went off in a cloud of red mist. :)

Oh, wait a sec... NO! Alonso pushed Ham off the track !
(in case you weren't paying attention there at the back, just ask SGWilks ;) :laugh: )

Tazio
8th November 2010, 20:51
Ham was already behind in 2007 when he went off in a cloud of red mist. :)

Oh, wait a sec... NO! Alonso pushed Ham off the track !
(in case you weren't paying attention there at the back, just ask SGWilks ;) :laugh: ) :s ailor: :wave:

ioan
8th November 2010, 21:33
Vettel and Alonso.... and Rosberg because with all the bad luck somehow he finished again ahead his rookie team mate.

There:

"I let Nico past when he was on fresh tyres as he had the better chance to fight Jenson in front of us," explained Schumacher, who finished seventh.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88056

Wish you nice nightmares! :D

ioan
8th November 2010, 21:35

Laughed at Stella singing Alonso's odes for that 'pass'. The guy is very 'funny'.
I wonder what Alonso is thinking inside of his helmet when the funny guy keeps uping him for anything. Still remember Kimi basically telling him to shut it up. :D

donKey jote
8th November 2010, 21:38
Alonso's been known to tell him to shut up too, but I guess that doesn't suit your agenda :p

ioan
8th November 2010, 21:40
Alonso's been known to tell him to shut up too, but I guess that doesn't suit your agenda :p

I missed that, sorry. Now that you say it I might have to take Stella's part! :p :

Big Ben
9th November 2010, 08:08

Or not Finnish or British

Big Ben
9th November 2010, 08:36
There:

"I let Nico past when he was on fresh tyres as he had the better chance to fight Jenson in front of us," explained Schumacher, who finished seventh.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88056

Wish you nice nightmares! :D

He only said that for you. Who else would believe it? :p :

wedge
9th November 2010, 11:55

Preceeding that Hamilton did not get enough traction at the final corner and he and Alonso went wheel to wheel into turn 1.

McLaren was junk on softs in the opening stint. Hamilton struggling past Hulk and Button wanting to pit early tells you that much Alonso would breeze by later.

DexDexter
9th November 2010, 12:30
Or not Finnish or British

I don't know, to me a proper pass in not overtaking a car that went wide into the corner. He put pressure on Hamilton who made a mistake. That's the real story.

Cooper_S
9th November 2010, 12:47
Vettel did everything in his power to maximise his standing in the championship... He got passed Hulkenberg, kept a comfortable gap to his team mate and did not take his eye off the game when confronted with back markers and safety car...

Vettel is my driver of the day

ioan
9th November 2010, 18:33
He only said that for you. Who else would believe it? :p :

He would certainly never say something only for you! :p

Big Ben
9th November 2010, 21:58
I don't know, to me a proper pass in not overtaking a car that went wide into the corner. He put pressure on Hamilton who made a mistake. That's the real story.

to me a pass is a pass... I never thought of what an improper pass would be and there's all the chance I never will... FA was behind LH, FA needed to get in front of LH, FA got in front of LH.. wham bang thank you m'am.... LH tires were this, the corner was that, FM moved over in Germany, Santander is paying KR big money to do $h1t ergo pass no good... there's always something for some to complain about