PDA

View Full Version : Hulkenberg amazing in Brazil Qualy

Kevincal
6th November 2010, 18:04
He deserves his own thread! It really made me smile to see him win pole by over 1 second. Simply amazing. Is it a record? Biggest gap from pole to 2nd?!

DexDexter
6th November 2010, 18:10
He deserves his own thread! It really made me smile to see him win pole by over 1 second. Simply amazing. Is it a record? Biggest gap from pole to 2nd?!

You gotta be kidding me?

rjbetty
6th November 2010, 18:12
I agree. Astounding pole! Makes me think of Barrichello '94 (though I didn't see it)!

Shifter
6th November 2010, 18:24
Williams has looked stronger as of late. They must've tilted the balance of Hulkenburg's car towards wet, but wow did Hulk take that and and ran with it. He put the car on-edge all the way through those last two laps, catching oversteer in sector 2, and looked to be the only one who knew how to keep the car stable in the last hard left before the full-throttle run to the line. Getting the Williams on pole is fantastic in and of itself; doing it by 1.1s is truly amazing!

Mixa
6th November 2010, 18:40
yes,he did really fantastic job and it surely makes great for himself but also for Williams as a team. Also F1 needs things like this to happen specially as on the public, F1 has got some bad publicity lately.

I really hope that this makes Hulkenberg to stay in F1. He has been much quicker than Rubens at the last races and has improved a lot since the start of the season when many people were ready to kick him off to F1 and mentioned him as the next Grosjean.

Hopefully the race goes well for him too. In the end mostly after a superb day,for youngsters many things happen to go wrong at the raceday. Mostly already at the start....

Jag_Warrior
6th November 2010, 18:42
Amazing performance by that young fellow! I hope this cements his position within the team for next season. If Williams lets him go to get some ride-buyer, I'll lose what respect I have for that team. I'm sure that Patrick Head doesn't care what I, or anyone else thinks. But that kid is capable of delivering some wins, for whatever team can give him decent equipment.

import111
6th November 2010, 18:49
Made me very happy to see the Hulk take poll. Especially by over 1 second and in a mid pack car. Very impressive. Hope he has a drive next year.

VkmSpouge
6th November 2010, 19:07
Excellent pole position lap by Nico Hulkenberg, he drove brilliantly.

UltimateDanGTR
6th November 2010, 19:19
It was great to watch Hulkenberg pump out epic lap after epic lap at the end-He should be proud.

Now, not to have an immediate reflex reaction to his sensational pole, but with the support williams have stated for him lately and now this, I think his place is safe at Williams in 2011.

DazzlaF1
6th November 2010, 20:27
It was great to watch Hulkenberg pump out epic lap after epic lap at the end-He should be proud.

Now, not to have an immediate reflex reaction to his sensational pole, but with the support williams have stated for him lately and now this, I think his place is safe at Williams in 2011.

Plus with Williams losing some of their big sponsors, the Hulk's performances will have done wonders when it comes to putting them in the shop window for some new ones to come in.

djparky
6th November 2010, 21:01
I've been a Williams supporter since the days of Alan Jones and have not had much to cheer about in recent years- and I know that the Williams will not be able to keep the RBR and Ferrari's behind for very long- but today had me cheering and punching the air like I did in the good old days

I'll be happy if Hulk can lead a lap or two tomorrow, and get a good points result from it. If the miracle happens and he wins, I'm not sure what I'll do

and I hope Williams can retain him and Barrichello for 2011- it's the best driver line up they've had in years, and I'd hate to see them reduced to running a Pastor Maldonado

Duchess
6th November 2010, 21:25
A shocker from Nico today, my jaw couldn't have dropped lower. But it's not going to be rainbows and unicorns tomorrow come race time; he's going to suffer from the decrease in power and downforce from that Cosworth engine of his. This has also shifted the strategies of the top 4 significantly, looks like we'll see an even more exciting first corner tomorrow!

wattoroos
6th November 2010, 22:08

could even be webber's lap in malaysia when he beat rosberg by 1.3 secs

Sonic
6th November 2010, 22:56
The Hulk did a wonderful job but I really hope Williams get the message that they need both of their drivers - Nico wouldn't have risked the slicks without Rubens' experience to show him the way.

Ranger
6th November 2010, 23:01
The Hulk did a wonderful job but I really hope Williams get the message that they need both of their drivers - Nico wouldn't have risked the slicks without Rubens' experience to show him the way.

Yep. :up:

truefan72
6th November 2010, 23:02
wow, wow , wow!

just finished watching Qualy
what an amazing result, no question about it he absolutely killed the competition.
That was something else. :)

Refreshing for F1

Sonic
6th November 2010, 23:03
Is it a record? Biggest gap from pole to 2nd?!

Certainly not. Just off the top of my head, Nigel Mansell outqualified team mate Patrese by nearly 2 seconds in the 1992 British GP.

ShiftingGears
7th November 2010, 00:04
Amon grabbed pole in Belgium 1968 by 4 seconds. Generally pole/lap times now are closer than ever due to lack of engine variation/testing/strictness of rules.

wedge
7th November 2010, 13:29
What I found truly astonishing was not the lap time itself but the build up to it where he found chunks of time lap after lap. The pole lap was almost a second quicker than the previous lap!

AndyL
7th November 2010, 14:55
What I found truly astonishing was not the lap time itself but the build up to it where he found chunks of time lap after lap. The pole lap was almost a second quicker than the previous lap!

And the second fastest lap would still have been pole by a large margin!

steveaki13
7th November 2010, 15:00
In the late 80's early 90's the top driver was often 1-2.5 seconds ahead of 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

But certainly by todays standards over a second is a good effort.

F1boat
7th November 2010, 15:29
Great pole!

christophulus
7th November 2010, 16:51
Fantastic pole, knew it was too good to be true though! Hopefully a positive sign for next year though.

steveaki13
7th November 2010, 17:49
He actually prevented a closer race unfortunatley because as they only passed him one by one, it split the field a lot early.

As for Nico he defended hard so good to see he is not just ready to give in.

F1boat
7th November 2010, 17:54
He actually prevented a closer race unfortunatley because as they only passed him one by one, it split the field a lot early.

As for Nico he defended hard so good to see he is not just ready to give in.

It is true. Seb got one second and a half over MW and 10 over FA. That was it. But Nico drove very well.