PDA

View Full Version : Back to the Future

Firstgear
26th October 2010, 16:09
I rented this to watch with the kids last weekend. For those of you that are movie buffs, or remember & enjoyed this movie, here's something you might find interesting.

In the scene near the beginning of the movie..... where Doc Brown unveils the Delorean in the parking lot (before being shot by the Libian terrorists) while Marty is filming..... Doc says he's "Going 25 years into the future" and sets the date in the time machine to........you guessed it....October 26, 2010.

So for those of you that still haven't decided what to go as for Halloween, I'd suggest....you guessed it again....Doc Brown.

Tazio
26th October 2010, 17:11
I rented this to watch with the kids last weekend. For those of you that are movie buffs, or remember & enjoyed this movie, here's something you might find interesting.

In the scene near the beginning of the movie..... where Doc Brown unveils the Delorean in the parking lot (before being shot by the Libian terrorists) while Marty is filming..... Doc says he's "Going 25 years into the future" and sets the date in the time machine to........you guessed it....October 26, 2010.

So for those of you that still haven't decided what to go as for Halloween, I'd suggest....you guessed it again....Doc Brown.

What about the Flux Capacitor :)

mjCRUvX2D0E&feature=related

Mark
26th October 2010, 19:22
Only 5 years to flying cars and hover boards! Can't wait!

J4MIE
26th October 2010, 19:25
Saw it in the cinema a few weeks back, geat film.

Sonic
26th October 2010, 19:54
One of my fave's of all time (pun intended).

Loving the trivia about the date...

Eki
26th October 2010, 20:38
Do you remember 1984?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four

GridGirl
26th October 2010, 21:05
I love Back To The Future. When I was a kid I used to want to call my daughter Clara if I had one when I grew up. I've grown out of that but I still want a hover board. :D

A.F.F.
26th October 2010, 21:05
Great movie but got worse by the sequals :mark:

Sonic
26th October 2010, 21:13
Great movie but got worse by the sequals :mark:

I really enjoy the 2nd one. It's one of the very best trilogy's out there.

race aficionado
26th October 2010, 21:24
Do you remember 1984?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four

Yep, I do remember reading 1984 - (14 years before that date) and I remember gloomingly imagining how things would look then if the premise of 1984 came true.
It did come true eventually . . . . Big Brother is watching . . . . :p imp:

As for the thread topic, yes, that's one of my favorite movies of all times.
I loved it and enjoyed introducing my son into it many years later.

:s mokin:

Eki
26th October 2010, 21:28
It did come true eventually . . . . Big Brother is watching . . . . :p imp:

Actually people are watching Big Brother. Never saw that coming.

Mark
27th October 2010, 08:45
I really enjoy the 2nd one. It's one of the very best trilogy's out there.

Of course the 1st is the best, but I thought the 2nd was the weakest of them all, I really enjoyed Part 3.

fandango
27th October 2010, 12:36
Doc says he's "Going 25 years into the future" and sets the date in the time machine to........you guessed it....October 26, 2010.

That's, that's..... I don't know what to do with that information. It's like at the beginning of Buck Rogers when the deep voice said "The year is 1987...." and then 1987 came and went.

George Orwell chose 1984 as the futuristic year of his novel by switching the digits of the year in which it was written, 1948.

So what's left now? Tonight I'm gonna party like it's 20...eh ...20?

Mark
27th October 2010, 13:00
I guess 2100 is the next properly futuristic sounding date. I'd be 122 then so I'd be lucky to be still around!

edv
27th October 2010, 13:55
Well, surely the next big thing is the End Of The World in 2012 (according to the Mayan Calendar?)

wedge
27th October 2010, 14:20
Great film. Had to watch it in the cinema the other week

What about the Flux Capacitor :)

mjCRUvX2D0E&feature=related

What the hell is a gigawatt?

Not to mention Mr Fusion.

1.21GW of energy generated from bits of household rubbish is when humanity will be saved!