PDA

View Full Version : Surely...

Jefe Máximo
25th October 2010, 15:41
...it's between Webber and Alonso now?

it's not impossible that Vettel or Hamilton wins it, but with two races to go it'll take retirements/poor performances from the top 2 to really give the others a chance.

Stranger things have happened though, eh.

Sonic
25th October 2010, 15:48
I would put it as a three way fight still. Each driver also with a driver to back them up. It's gonna be fun :)

Jefe Máximo
25th October 2010, 15:51
I was initially reacting to Horner's assertion that they won't be 'favouring' Webber.

If that happens, I can really see them cancelling each other out with needless skirmishes on track.

Which might be good for a laugh or too. :laugh:

Firstgear
25th October 2010, 16:18
Each driver also with a driver to back them up.

This should be a big advantage for Webber. Button & Massa haven't been able to get close enough to the front lately to come into play.

Sonic
25th October 2010, 17:50
This should be a big advantage for Webber. Button & Massa haven't been able to get close enough to the front lately to come into play.

My thoughts exactly. The RBR is still the class of the field so two 1-2's with Webber leading will give the team both titles. Can they afford not to? I think not.

donKey jote
25th October 2010, 18:42
Yman's back ! :wave:

Tazio
25th October 2010, 18:43
Surely Stefano Domenicali will find this quite intriguing :p :

Jag_Warrior
25th October 2010, 20:24
There seems to be a curse on whoever is leading the championship. So I won't be surprised by anything that happens in these final races. And even though the Ferrari engine has been fairly reliable (in the Ferrari chassis), Alonso is out of engines. Throw in Webber's tendency to screw the pooch and I think this is still pretty wide open. Though Alonso seems to have the focus and experience to get it done (and the lead), so odds are he'll take it. :mad:

Red Bull Racing should have had this thing wrapped up (with one of their two drivers) weeks ago. At worst, it should have been a two horse race between Webber and Vettel. Can anybody remember the last time there was a team, with SUCH an advantage, that turned into The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight???

F1boat
25th October 2010, 20:32
There seems to be a curse on whoever is leading the championship. So I won't be surprised by anything that happens in these final races. And even though the Ferrari engine has been fairly reliable (in the Ferrari chassis), Alonso is out of engines. Throw in Webber's tendency to screw the pooch and I think this is still pretty wide open. Though Alonso seems to have the focus and experience to get it done (and the lead), so odds are he'll take it. :mad:

Red Bull Racing should have had this thing wrapped up (with one of their two drivers) weeks ago. At worst, it should have been a two horse race between Webber and Vettel. Can anybody remember the last time there was a team, with SUCH an advantage, that turned into The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight???

1986 - Williams Honda?

donKey jote
25th October 2010, 21:03
McLaren with Alonso and Lewis :p

raikk
29th October 2010, 04:20
for all we know Button could still win it :p :

555-04Q2
29th October 2010, 06:31
Money should be on Alonso or Webber, but with the way this season has gone, I wouldn't even write off even Button for the WDC chase yet!

Hondo
29th October 2010, 13:51
...it's between Webber and Alonso now?

it's not impossible that Vettel or Hamilton wins it, but with two races to go it'll take retirements/poor performances from the top 2 to really give the others a chance.

Stranger things have happened though, eh.

You have old, already used engines combined with a number of drivers that can be ruthless while passing and ruthless while blocking. Some of these drivers just drive right off the track from time to time.

Simply put, the next two races will have those that must pass going against those that cannot afford to be passed and that will make for some real iffy moves. If you are in the "have to pass" group, you have nothing to lose by going for it.

Sonic
29th October 2010, 16:06
You have old, already used engines combined with a number of drivers that can be ruthless while passing and ruthless while blocking. Some of these drivers just drive right off the track from time to time.

Simply put, the next two races will have those that must pass going against those that cannot afford to be passed and that will make for some real iffy moves. If you are in the "have to pass" group, you have nothing to lose by going for it.

Has Button got the killer mentality to be that aggressive? He did it last year at Brazil to win the title but will he be as fired up to keep his faint (read non-existent) championship hopes alive.

I can see a coming together between say Vettel and Alonso though.

Dave B
29th October 2010, 16:42
Has Button got the killer mentality to be that aggressive? He did it last year at Brazil to win the title but will he be as fired up to keep his faint (read non-existent) championship hopes alive.

I can well forsee Jenson treating Brazil as a "sh*t or bust" race, if you'll excuse the expression. Might as well fling it off the track trying...

I can see a coming together between say Vettel and Alonso though.

:D

Firstgear
29th October 2010, 18:48
It only takes a clumsy overtake by Mark and it could blow the WDC wide open.

I like this....Webber takes out Alonso and limps home taking 4th. Vettel takes the win with Hamilton second. We now have those four drivers within four points of eachother, with one race to go.

Winner takes all in a one race showdown...

SGWilko
29th October 2010, 20:57
I'd like to see Lewis do to Alonso what Alonso did to Lewis at Interlagos in '07, and I'd like it to be that just such a move sees Lewis take the title, by one point.

CNR
29th October 2010, 23:55
for alonso to win he needs to finish ahead of redbull

for mark to win he needs a win and alonso to finish 4th and beat him in the last race or 2 wins and alonso to finish 3 in each race

for lewis he needs to win both raceas alonso 4th in each race and mark 3rd

for vettel he needs to win both raceas alonso 4th in 1 race and 5th in the other and mark 4rd

for button he needs to win both races and the other 4 driver to DNF

donKey jote
30th October 2010, 10:16
I'd like to see Lewis do to Alonso what Alonso did to Lewis at Interlagos in '07, and I'd like it to be that just such a move sees Lewis take the title, by one point.

Ah yes, that was when Alonso made Lewis push the wrong buttons on his steering wheel :laugh:
Oh, it was also when Ferrari team orders made Massa (poor poor squiggy, in his home race too! What heartless souls :mad: :p ) give up his place at the last pit stops to give Kimi the title, by one point ahead of Lewis and Alonso. :eek:
What was it Alonso did again? :confused:

SGWilko
30th October 2010, 20:41
Ah yes, that was when Alonso made Lewis push the wrong buttons on his steering wheel :laugh:
Oh, it was also when Ferrari team orders made Massa (poor poor squiggy, in his home race too! What heartless souls :mad: :p ) give up his place at the last pit stops to give Kimi the title, by one point ahead of Lewis and Alonso. :eek:
What was it Alonso did again? :confused:

You need to pay more attention at the back there DJ....

Fred drove Lewis off the track as Lewis was passing on the outside of turn 3 on the first lap.

donKey jote
30th October 2010, 21:13
I somehow guessed that might be the Brit version... the unbiased German version was "Fahrfehler von Hamilton" ;)
Alonso passed cleanly on the inside at 3 (Ham left him just enough room :up: ) and at the next turn Red Misted Lewis had to take evasive action trying to retake... "Hamilton looks desperate here. He doesn't need to do that. Way too deep in turn 4":
m6kiPFOpFTM
Hang on, those were quotes from the Brit version. What was your version again? :dozey:

End of 2007 has to count as one of the biggest chokes in history :laugh:

steveaki13
30th October 2010, 23:21
All Lewis's fault really.

ShiftingGears
31st October 2010, 02:28
Fred drove Lewis off the track as Lewis was passing on the outside of turn 3 on the first lap.

:laugh: :laugh:

Dream on.

Jefe Máximo
2nd November 2010, 13:19
Yman's back ! :wave:

hOla donks. ;)