PDA

View Full Version : Ex Btcc Astra at todays rally

Allyc85
17th October 2010, 20:24
I was at the Prima Stages rally today at smeatharpe and there was this ex-BTCC Astra competing, and I was wondering if anyone knows who last drove it before it went rallying?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4132/5090685240_2b2266fdbe_z.jpg

Iain
17th October 2010, 20:32
It's not an ex-BTCC car, but 888 did build it for Thurlby Motors, using the running gear from an RML Astra F2 kitcar.

Allyc85
17th October 2010, 21:05
Oh, im disappointed now lol.

Still its a nice bit of kit and looked to be going well, though I havnt seen where it ended up finishing.

Captain VXR
17th October 2010, 21:47
Can I have one?

MrJan
18th October 2010, 14:07
I don't see the point in chopping up an F2 rally car just to get that, why not leave it like it used to be?

Not sure where it finished up but it may have been beaten by a 205GTi. The number 38 car was a real sleeper and was absolutely flying, after stage 6 he was lying 10th o/a :eek:

Allyc85
18th October 2010, 16:53
Unless there was damage to the old shell there dosnt really seem much point to me either as it wouldnt be that much stiffer or lighter would it?

And I know what you mean about that 205, he was awesome and must be seeded higher next time!

rsmith16
19th October 2010, 11:46
Unless there was damage to the old shell there dosnt really seem much point to me either as it wouldnt be that much stiffer or lighter would it?

And I know what you mean about that 205, he was awesome and must be seeded higher next time!

I'm sure I read somewhere that the original car had been badly damaged and was being re-shelled into the SportHatch body.

m.lowe
20th October 2010, 22:56
The car was owned by Richard Walsh of Thurlby Motors
He used to have the Kit Car Astra but wanted a new shape car to promote his vauxhall dealership so he had 888 build that from the internals of the kit car astra which he sold the shell onto a guy that put Group A Astra ex Gazprom car Gsi bits into it and it still competes today.

The New shape Astra had been forsale for a while and at the time it was hoped that more cars would of been available through Thurlby Motors but it never did.

Nice car but the Touring car spoiler looks out of place on a rally car

Personally it should of been made either RWD or 4WD

woodpeck
11th December 2010, 22:23
sorry to dissapoint people but i own the ex gazprom astra ,it has not been built into richard walshs shell as that was sold t a geezer in newcastle , i aslo own an astra rml f2 car r20vml the first 1 t b used !!!!!

Allyc85
12th December 2010, 10:22
Cheers for clearing that up :)

Do you have any pics of the cars you own?

woodpeck
13th December 2010, 18:20
Cheers for clearing that up :)

Do you have any pics of the cars you own?
yes mate no idea how t put em on here

Allyc85
5th January 2011, 19:35
You need to sign up to something like Photobucket or similar, upload your pics to there and then paste the IMG tages onto here.

JD