PDA

View Full Version : Chilean Miners

Dave B
13th October 2010, 17:51
Fantastic.

That is all :D

Roamy
13th October 2010, 18:03
I have been watching this since the first miner (when i am awake) A incredible feat for this wonderful country - I hope the get everyone out as scheduled. I thought the appearance of the president was quite good and he stayed for a very long time.

race aficionado
13th October 2010, 18:09
Good news for a change . . . .

And as Dave B said:
Fantastic!!!!
:up:

:s mokin:

Jag_Warrior
13th October 2010, 18:16
Good news for a change . . . .

And as Dave B said:
Fantastic!!!!
:up:

:s mokin:

Yes, a truly great ending to a potentially horrific story.

Eki
13th October 2010, 19:25
The world could use more happy endings like this one.

Daniel
13th October 2010, 20:36
Yes, a truly great ending to a potentially horrific story.

Ditto :) Usually these stories don't end so nicely. Lets hope they all get out safe and sound :)

emporer_k
14th October 2010, 01:15
Great news indeed.

The miner who bought rocks as presents for people on the surface really made me smile.

Tazio
14th October 2010, 02:30
Excellent!! :up: :champion:
I watched live when they brought the first freakin' guy up.
I have to admit I got a little misty. :angel:

Roamy
14th October 2010, 02:42
i am watching the last - just two support people left hooray for Chile

Easy Drifter
14th October 2010, 03:01
This has got to be one of the most incredible survivor and rescue stories ever.
Amazing they seem so healthy too.
All of us who normally fight tooth and nail on here all agree on this fantastic endevour.
Congrats to Chile and everyone who made this recovery possible. :)

gloomyDAY
14th October 2010, 04:16
Glad everyone is alive. Time to make some babies!

Also, who dug them out? An American. :up:

Roamy
14th October 2010, 04:41
Glad everyone is alive. Time to make some babies!

Also, who dug them out? An American. :up:

I saw about the 3rd guy out from Bolivia and WOW his wife - I would have climbed out of there without the capsule!!

Great ending to this potential disaster and the Chileans did it with class. The fact we helped is great and I am glad we had the opportunity. Viva Chile

Mark
14th October 2010, 08:27
I saw about the 3rd guy out from Bolivia and WOW his wife - I would have climbed out of there without the capsule!!

Great ending to this potential disaster and the Chileans did it with class. The fact we helped is great and I am glad we had the opportunity. Viva Chile

There was a quote on the radio this morning saying this episode had changed Chile as a country, and indeed their work in this has been extraordinary.

There are questions to be answered however, like why there wasn't an additional escape route from the mine as per regulation in many countries, but I suppose such matters can wait for now.

schmenke
14th October 2010, 14:12
An incredible event that could of ended up tragic. Great news that everyone made it out unscathed.

Now, we all just sit and wait for the Hollywood movie... :dozey:

Sonic
14th October 2010, 20:50
An incredible event that could of ended up tragic. Great news that everyone made it out unscathed.

Now, we all just sit and wait for the Hollywood movie... :dozey:

Where no doubt Bruce Willis will dig his way out with a toothpick...

Captain VXR
14th October 2010, 22:51
I can't even comprehend how epic the first taste of freedom must have been for the miners
Hopefully, the near disaster will produce positive change in Chile - anyone see the President's speech about how workers need to be treated better?
I'm usually very detached from the news, but the looks on the kids faces as they saw their dads again was very uplifting :)

Eki
15th October 2010, 05:39
Where no doubt Bruce Willis will dig his way out with a toothpick...
There will also be some terrorists who have blown up the mine, sabotage the rescue operation and chase Bruce Willis in the rescue tunnel.

Storm
15th October 2010, 09:08
Fantastic.

That is all :D

Pretty much sums it up. :up: