PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal drinker?

tannat
1st October 2010, 21:39
My cabinet is currently home to my winter quaff (dark rum) and my summer quaff (light rum, with ice and twist of lime).

From time to time I might have a bit of dark rum in the summer, but never the light rum on the rocks in the winter...

How about you? Does your preference change with the weather?

Eki
1st October 2010, 22:26
Well, I must say I have never drunk mulled wine in summer.

airshifter
2nd October 2010, 05:01
I've never drank heavily in my life unless it was one of the seasons, so I must be a seasonal drinker. :D

I really rarely drink at all these days, but when I do it's usually in the warmer months. We go to to quite a few concerts and such, and if we throw in the odd cookout or three it's sometimes an occasion to have a cool beer or three.

gloomyDAY
2nd October 2010, 16:24
I'm in college and find this question quite amusing.

tannat
2nd October 2010, 17:12

I follow you, gloomy day... :D

In college for me it was anything and everything at anytime.

Nowadays my drinking is confined to during meals and after the kiddies are in bed.

Your day will come ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd October 2010, 17:31

I know what you mean. :laugh:

Sadly my college/university days are over, but it still doesn't stop me from getting into the student bars.

What I drink doesn't really change throughout the year. Although in winter i really miss being able to sit outside in the beer-gardens during the summer evenings.

Jag_Warrior
3rd October 2010, 19:43

Well, for you, consider the "seasons" to be Monday-Thursday, Friday & Saturday and then Sunday (as the day of rest & recovery). :p :

I've gone from playing "Drink Til Someone Dies" in college to saying, "I'm good with 2 beers and a tiny sip of corn liquor" in middle age. :rolleyes:

Hondo
4th October 2010, 16:01
Egg Nog just doesn't seem the same in front of a warm barbecue grill in July that it does by a warm fire in December.

schmenke
4th October 2010, 16:37
...I've gone from playing "Drink Til Someone Dies" in college to saying, "I'm good with 2 beers and a tiny sip of corn liquor" in middle age. :rolleyes:

Ditto, although replace "corn" with "malt" ;)

My liquor cabinet inventory doesn't change much with the seasons. The usual stock rotation consists of several bottles of whiskey and a congac or two.
A bottle of Appleton's remains untouched in years (rum is not my preferred quaff :mark: ).
And, the usual rotation of Finlandia is in the Fridge for the evenings when I feel lilke a martini (or two...).

Eki
4th October 2010, 17:48
And, the usual rotation of Finlandia is in the Fridge for the evenings when I feel lilke a martini (or two...).
Stirred or shaken? Or is it seasonal?

tannat
4th October 2010, 17:56

A bottle of Appleton's remains untouched in years (rum is not my preferred quaff :mark: ).

Pity-as Appleton's is quite good, in any of its numerous guises...

glauistean
4th October 2010, 19:38
A good old bottle of poitin would clear the insides out and after about six, abstinence for a few weeks another bottle of poitin and away you go again.
So that's where time has gone..hmmm

donKey jote
4th October 2010, 20:53

malt? sugary peaty crap...
you need to drink proper whiskey :p

schmenke
4th October 2010, 23:58
Stirred or shaken? Or is it seasonal?

1 part vodka, one part vermouth with one olive, shaken with crushed ice :p :
Now that I think of it, a favourite Christmas treat is a chocolate martini. As above but replace the vermouth with creme de cacao and the olive with a chocolate shaving (or a chocolate stick).

And donks, re-read my post :p :

Easy Drifter
5th October 2010, 00:57
I only drink in season. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter.
The odd beer in summer. Mostly Brandy or Scotch with a single Malt as a treat. With our blasted taxes Single Malts are too expensive as a regular drink. Glenfiddich is about $45 and they go up from there.
Some wine both white and red.
Rarely Rye.

gadjo_dilo
5th October 2010, 08:07
In June-August i drink 0,5 l of beer/ day. The rest of the year is reserved to glass of red wine/day. For this winter I prepared a sour cherry + pure alchool drink but I'm afraid I won't be able to enjoy it.