PDA

View Full Version : CD changer stuck

CarlMetro
29th September 2010, 14:13
I know that there are a few that still listen to cassettes (my dad) and there will be those who will have adapted to the Mp3 player but fo the purpose of this thread you have to imagine that you have a 6-disc CD changer in your car and that it has somehow become stuck.

The question is which six albums do you hope are in there? Baring in mind that you will be stuck with these forever (or until you get it fixed) they will obviously be some of your favorites of all time. Optional to say why they should be there. Mine would probably be, in no particular order:

1. Fleetwood Mac - Rumours. Takes me back to a happy point in my childhood, I don't think there's a bad track on the whole album.

2. Coldplay - Parachutes Simply superb, reminds me of hot summer days driving around with the windows down.

3. Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life. So many fantastic sons on one album, the man is a genius and this is probably his finest hour.

4. Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive. I've never been much of a fan of live albums but this is one which I listen to with headphones on an it can transport me to the concert, simply wonderful.

5. David Gray - Life In Slow Motion. Takes me back to one of the best concerts I've ever seen

6. The Police - Reggatta Da Blanc. It was the first vinyl album I ever bought, I played it until I could remember every song by heart and I think it was their best work.

So there you go, your turn.....

Dave B
29th September 2010, 15:35
I'll give that some thought and get back to you, but it's indicative of how quickly technology moves that I'd shudder at the thought of only having 6 CDs in the car rather than the thousand or so tracks currently on my memory stick!

Sonic
29th September 2010, 20:44
You don't need six CD's. All you need is one song - I'm gonna be (500 miles) by The Proclaimers. Just ask Ted and Marshall ;)

bluegem280
4th October 2010, 10:37
Never I have CD charger installed, I'd rather stick with radio cassette before the current player. I prefer easy listening music to accompany me driving. Here is my list:
1. Modern Talking, Let's talk about love: Cheri cheri lady and Geronimo's Cadilac were my fave songs
2. Richard Max, Ballads: all songs great but most fave Hazard and Chains Around My Heart
3. Duran, The wedding: Ordinary world, Come undone
4. Roxette, they have great albums Look sharp, joyride: Dress for success, Listen to your heart, Sleeping in my car, Vulnerable etc
5. Bryan Adam, reckless: Heaven, Summer of 69, it's only love
6. Toto, Fahrenheit: I'll be over you, Lea

Mark
4th October 2010, 10:59
I'd just put the radio on :p
Back in the day I used to think it would be fantastic to have a 6 CD changer. Then I got a car with a USB memory stick port and that all now seems really crap!

CarlMetro
4th October 2010, 11:06
OK so I'm an old fart but the basic principle of the thread was to try and stimulate some non-political conversation about music that an individual would like, not the technology with which they play it.

Never mind, I guess I should have started a thread that people can bitch/be nasty about and it might have got a response from a few people......

pino
4th October 2010, 11:22
OK so I'm an old fart but the basic principle of the thread was to try and stimulate some non-political conversation about music that an individual would like, not the technology with which they play it.

Never mind, I guess I should have started a thread that people can bitch/be nasty about and it might have got a response from a few people......

Here are mine :

Pink Floyd : The Wall
Jethro Tull : Thick as a Brick
Deep Purlple : Made in Japan (Long Edition)
Genesis : Second Out (Live CD)
Carlos Santana : Lotus
Dire Straits : Alchemy

Does this show my age ? :(

Koz
4th October 2010, 11:52
Ark - Burn the Sun
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of the Seventh Son
Savatage - Dead Winter Death

AND
-----------------------------------------
Virgin Steele - House of Atreus Part I
Virgin Steele - House of Atreus Part II -Disk 1
Virgin Steele - House of Atreus Part II -Disk 2

OR
-----------------------------------------
Edguy - Vain Glory Opera
Anathema - Judgment
Helloween - Time of the Oath

MrJan
4th October 2010, 12:05
Dreadzone - Second Light
Buck 65 - Talkin' Honky Blues
Ali Farka Toure & Ry Cooder - Talking Timbuktu
Amadou & Mariam - Dimanche A Bamako
Radiohead - OK Computer
Half Man Half Biscuit - Trouble Over Bridgewater

Not sure about the last one, if I had a choice then it'd be a HMHB compilation rather than one album. The rest of them I could happily listen to for a very, very, very, very long time.

Sleeper
5th October 2010, 00:40
Here are mine :

Pink Floyd : The Wall
Jethro Tull : Thick as a Brick
Deep Purlple : Made in Japan (Long Edition)
Genesis : Second Out (Live CD)
Carlos Santana : Lotus
Dire Straits : Alchemy

Does this show my age ? :(
Thats a good list, minus The Wall (I always thought they peaked on Animals). And no, I'm 25 and I'd happily take them.

Kayo Dot- Choirs of the Eye
Opeth- Blackwater Park
Pain of Salvation- The Perfect Element
Genesis- Foxtrot
In the Woods...- Live at the Caledonien Hall (Its double album so its cheating, but who cares!)
Soft Machine-Third

Arjuna
5th October 2010, 07:44
My favorite genre when driving is classic disco, it might involve new wave. I feel so lucky can live in era 80-90's as we may know new wave were introduced only during this time. There are some reasons why would I want to play them when driving, such as usually the songs were playing when attending party, friends' sweet seventeen or anything...

Here is part of my list:
1. Attenti al lupo - Lucio Dalla
2. Tarzan Boy - Baltimora
3. All or nothing - Milli Vanili
4. La Bamba - Los Lobos
5. Part time lover - Stevie Wonder
6. We built this city - Starship
7. Take on me - Aha
8. Down under - Men at work
9. The promise - When in rome
10. Big in Japan (remix) - Alphaville :up:

wedge
7th October 2010, 14:17
Stone Roses/Second Coming - 'Driving South' is my driving theme tune!

Pixies
Assortment of DJ mixes - DnB, house/techno, hip hop

glauistean
7th October 2010, 17:24

Carl, good topic. I like Coldplay too. Sound at times a little like U2.

My Favs would be Rory Gallagher , particularly Live in Europe and Blueprint

Thin Lizzy, songs written by Phil Lynott,

Led Zepplin, album with Stairway to Heaven

Dire Straits, any album.

Mark Knoffler. Ever hear the tune of him singing about ChampCar?

Boy, there are so many, Cream, Sting (solo) , but I'll leave it at that. Any drummers out there listen to Sting (I hung my head) unreal beat.

fandango
9th October 2010, 17:22
I'd just like to say, with all due respect, that I'm glad I'm not a passenger with any of you guys who've already posted here :) Jaysus!

Here's my list:

1. Loveless - My Bloody Valentine
2. Back in Black - ACDC
3. Surfer Rosa - The Pixies
4. To Survive - Joan As Police Woman
5. Marquee Moon - Television
6. Seamonsters - The Wedding Present

I don't suppose any of you would want to listen to any of that....

larantuka
11th October 2010, 04:12
I like GNR and Bon Jovi, but BJ songs are easier to listen while driving.
We can find great songs of them from various albums like: Bon Jovi, Slippery when wet, Keep the faith, New Jersey, 7800 F, and Crush. We can just find out their greatest on their compilation album Cross Road.

We can find also strong passion of being a cowboy on solo album of Jon BJ, which is a great company to drive roaming around the world while listening to songs like Blaze of Glory and Santa Fe...

People may find me driving on a cowboy hat ala Richie Sambora... :)

Arjuna
12th October 2010, 10:13
wow Richie Sambora ~ Heather locker ~ Melrose Place

Speaking of Bon Jovi, I pick 'Destination anywhere', 'Midnight in Chelsea' on 'August 7,4,15'... :)

fandango
15th October 2010, 19:31
Okay henners, I could conceivably listen to that. As for the others, Bon Jovi!!! NO!!! How can anyone listen to Licky Samosa!!??