PDA

View Full Version : The Stig in a Airwaves BMW

tisme
28th September 2010, 21:15
Great news for Motorbase.

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=2143

Not only have they got the Stig in one of their cars. We can also assume that Airwaves have paid for it.

What a great sign for next year...

BDunnell
29th September 2010, 00:10
Presumably, he will have to run (as Anthony Reid did last year) with ballast?

Dave B
29th September 2010, 11:12
One also assumes he'll run in the trademark white racesuit and helmet.

Some say...

inimitablestoo
29th September 2010, 17:41
Presumably, he will have to run (as Anthony Reid did last year) with ballast?
Some say he eats ballast for breakfast. Then again, some say he's got a dartboard at home with Jeremy Clarkson's picture on it...

UltimateDanGTR
29th September 2010, 20:26
some say...it will be interesting to see how well he does against BTCC opposition.

or at least I say that.

and I commend anyone who turns up to brands hatch wearing a 'I am the stig' top

Eurotech
29th September 2010, 20:27
Some say he actually prefers Trebor gum.... :p :

VkmSpouge
29th September 2010, 20:59
It should be interesting to see how Ben Collins fares in the BMW and how close he can get to his team mates.

Eurotech
29th September 2010, 22:51
He's joining at the right time cos Brands is known as being a BMW circuit and its Motorbase's home race (which shouldn't make any difference but it always does for some reason). Good luck to him :)

inimitablestoo
30th September 2010, 19:02
and I commend anyone who turns up to brands hatch wearing a 'I am the stig' top
Better still, as seen at a recent round, how about the "My dad is the Stig" t-shirts; I can just picture a line of women, young children in their arms, queuing up at the Motorbase pits during the autograph sessions... ;)

Allyc85
30th September 2010, 21:51
This is brilliant news for the BTCC finale, should bring in even more viewers! Looking at his racing CV hes got a decent history in racing so should go ok, even with the ballast he will have to carry.

Dave B
1st October 2010, 13:15
I used to watch him race in ASCAR (anyone remember that? :p ) - and he's certainly a quality driver. It's tempting to dismiss it as roundy-roundy racing, but I don't fancy being that close to a concrete wall at 150mph!

PDS
1st October 2010, 18:52
I used to watch him race in ASCAR (anyone remember that? :p ) - and he's certainly a quality driver.

AND a championship he WON I believe... in 2003.

People seem to forget he has also won races in F3 and sports cars.

He certainly hasn't got the Airwaves drive by wearing a silly white hat!

Allyc85
1st October 2010, 18:53
Hes been out testing today :)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87118

inimitablestoo
1st October 2010, 19:04
At least around Brands Indy, he might not have much need for top gear. Fifth gear should suffice... ;)

UltimateDanGTR
1st October 2010, 19:57
At least around Brands Indy, he might not have much need for top gear. Fifth gear should suffice... ;)

that's poor. :p

nigelred5
2nd October 2010, 12:48
Better still, as seen at a recent round, how about the "My dad is the Stig" t-shirts; I can just picture a line of women, young children in their arms clothed in little white driving suits and miniature Bell Helmets, queuing up at the Motorbase pits during the autograph sessions... ;) :)