http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-11416654

Not very good advertising...

race aficionado
27th September 2010, 16:29
Not much to say after that . . . . .

RIP - and hopefully his estate will continue with his charitable spirit

Dave B
27th September 2010, 16:44
Did he remain upright during the entire fall?

Lousada
27th September 2010, 18:15
How on earth can you drive your segway off a cliff??? :confused: And a cliff on your own estate no less!! It's not like your shirt sleeve gets wrapped around the doorhandle or something.

donKey jote
27th September 2010, 21:33
Did he remain upright during the entire fall?

:laugh: :laugh:

oops sorry

RIP and all that :erm:

Storm
28th September 2010, 08:21
if only the lazy ar$es start walking instead of using that gadget to go eveywhere.

new feature will get added to this now - Cliff/Fall sensor or somethinglike that :p :

Mark
28th September 2010, 08:26
if only the lazy ar$es start walking instead of using that gadget to go eveywhere.

new feature will get added to this now - Cliff/Fall sensor or somethinglike that :p :

From the pictures I've seen it was more of a grassy bank! There aren't too many cliffs around Boston Spa.

Mark in Oshawa
28th September 2010, 14:16
The Segway is a neat toy but hardly worth the fuss made about it...except as a piece of technology...

Personally, I felt sea sick on one when I tried it....

driveace
28th September 2010, 20:33
Jimi Heselden was brought up on Halton Moor estate in Leeds,and never forgot his roots.He gave millions away to good causes,and was one of the biggest advertisers at the Leeds United ground with his banners on each stand.
A very GOOD guy who gave millions away R.I.P. Jimi you will be sadly missed

Hazell B
29th September 2010, 17:39
I used to sit with him at auctions sometimes but never knew much about his wealth. Nice man. He may have enjoyed a few giggles over his rather strange end, but I'm sure his family aren't.