PDA

View Full Version : Markabilly, you got your wish. (F1 in HD)

gloomyDAY
26th September 2010, 17:17
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87017

Finally! Took them long enough.

Dave B
26th September 2010, 17:20
Just to note that Ecclestone said "probably" next year, as I said on the BBC thread that's hardly a promise in Berniespeak. But fingers crossed... :D

gloomyDAY
26th September 2010, 17:27
Just to note that Ecclestone said "probably" next year, as I said on the BBC thread that's hardly a promise in Berniespeak. But fingers crossed... :D Just about every other major sporting event is being broadcast in HD. Fans shouldn't have to wait until 2012 for a better viewing experience.

Dave B
26th September 2010, 17:31
Plenty of minor ones too. It's fast becoming the standard for sport, but Bernie seems to think that broadcasters should be willing to pay a premium for HD pictures.

F1 only went widescreen a few seasons back, for goodness sake. Sky are starting to experiment with 3D sport, and the supposed showcase for the best technology in sport still lags behind.

Dr. Krogshöj
26th September 2010, 21:56
To be fair, it's not just Markabilly. It's 70 percent of F1 fans.

markabilly
27th September 2010, 09:21
:up: :up: :up:

all the posts above, say it all :D

SGWilko
27th September 2010, 09:40
:up: :up: :up:

all the posts above, say it all :D

It's a shame Kimi is no longer in F1, we could have seen his 'I was taking a 5h!t' in full, glorious HD!!!!

Mark
27th September 2010, 15:01
We even get the news in HD these days! And pretty much all football, as Dave says it's the standard for sporting events these days. F1 should be at the forefront of it, other sports went HD years ago!

I think the problem is that Bernie wants to try to make money out of it, when it's something you expect from the overall package, and is certainly nice to have but there's no way I'd pay extra for it! And the BBC wouldn't take it if it were.