PDA

View Full Version : Dial A Phone

viper_man
10th March 2007, 00:16
Does anyone have any experiences, good or bad, of Dial A Phone?

Just wondering before I go for a contract from their website.

Cheers.

cos
10th March 2007, 00:56
Good deals etc. if everything goes well, but they'll make it really really tough for you if (and when) you want to get out of a mobile contract...

Dave B
10th March 2007, 17:08
Let's just say you get what you pay for...

Iain
10th March 2007, 21:20
Sounds a bit like SinglePoint4U. :s

Mark
12th March 2007, 08:06
Retailers like that tend to be dishonest crooks. They might not be, of course. But personally I wouldn't get a contract with anyone except O2, Vodafone, Orange, T-Mobile, Virgin.

Hotbikerchic33
12th March 2007, 08:42
Does anyone have any experiences, good or bad, of Dial A Phone?

Just wondering before I go for a contract from their website.

Cheers.

Although ive never had a phone from Dial A Phone i know afew people who have and all say never again as it is very hard to get rid of them so my advice is not to bother! ;)

viper_man
12th March 2007, 19:20
Basically why Im asking is because Ive seen a deal that a mate has signed up for, hes just waiting for the bits in the post.

Free Nokia (cant remember which one)
Free 512MB memory card
Free XBOX 360
18 month contract
7 months at £17.50
11 at £35
On the O2 network

Now it seems like a very good deal, but Im going to wait until my mate gets all his through and see how he gets on with it.

Ive had a look on a few consumer review sites and generally the reviews are very mixed.

For example on one site there are about 10 reviews, 5 say they are really good, and 5 say they are the worst company since the dawn of time, with appalling and uncooperative customer services, unreliable deliveries, and such like.

I think Ill bide my time and let me mate get taken for a ride before I do! ;)

Dave B
12th March 2007, 19:32
How many of those deals are by redemption? It's a common "trick" for the discounted line rental to be credited back down the line on production of receipts, bills etc.

Hotbikerchic33
13th March 2007, 07:57
Basically why Im asking is because Ive seen a deal that a mate has signed up for, hes just waiting for the bits in the post.

Free Nokia (cant remember which one)
Free 512MB memory card
Free XBOX 360
18 month contract
7 months at £17.50
11 at £35
On the O2 network

Now it seems like a very good deal, but Im going to wait until my mate gets all his through and see how he gets on with it.

Ive had a look on a few consumer review sites and generally the reviews are very mixed.

For example on one site there are about 10 reviews, 5 say they are really good, and 5 say they are the worst company since the dawn of time, with appalling and uncooperative customer services, unreliable deliveries, and such like.

I think Ill bide my time and let me mate get taken for a ride before I do! ;)

I think thats expensive how many free mins/texts do you get with that? :confused:
you can get better deals than that on the high street! ;)

viper_man
13th March 2007, 15:14
500 texts and mins, and dont forget the free Xbox 360. You would struggle to get a better deal than that anywhere on the planet, let alone the high street

tony_yeboah
14th March 2007, 14:49
carphone warehouse site is offering blowers with free ipods, 19" flat screen, nintendos or XBOX 360s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

forget dial a phone

viper_man
14th March 2007, 17:36
Im sure we had that conversation earlier...

Get back to work!

tony_yeboah
14th March 2007, 19:17
Im sure we had that conversation earlier...

Get back to work!

gammy neck boss