PDA

View Full Version : ITV viewers -Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 'Chasing the Dream' -Sunday 11th March -17:05

Giuseppe F1
9th March 2007, 23:47
Just wished to give everyone a heads-up.....

http://www.mclaren.com/latestnews/mclaren.php#ctd

LOOK OUT FOR TV DOCUMENTARY FEATURING VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES

Please keep an eye out for a television documentary, featuring Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, called Chasing the Dream. The hour long documentary will be shown on ITV1 in the UK, RTL in Germany, TV 3 and TV5 in Spain and Network10 in Australia amongst others.

Currently, we can confirm that Chasing the Dream will be shown in the UK on Sunday March 11th at 17:05 on ITV 1. Repeated on Tuesday 13 March, 23:00, ITV1. Keep your eye on McLaren.com for more information.

Giuseppe F1
10th March 2007, 12:51
Just bumping this one up as this is going out on ITV this Sunday and wouldnt want anybody who has access to ITV to miss out

Giuseppe F1

Dave B
10th March 2007, 17:04
Already in the planner :up:

Plus I just had the great pleasure of putting Qualifying in and hitting series link. It's getting closer... :D

Nikki Katz
11th March 2007, 17:30
Thanks for the heads up, first F1 program in ages. Sadly it's really slow and quite boring. Still, less than a week till the proper programs start, looking forward to it :)

futuretiger9
11th March 2007, 18:59
I've just finished watching it. Quite enjoyable, if a touch bland in places. There's was some good stuff about Lewis Hamilton and his dad, including some footage from their karting days. I suppose it served as a good introduction for Lewis to the wider British public.

Giuseppe F1
11th March 2007, 19:04
I must say I THOUROUGHLY enjoyed the piece as it was shot as an actual documentary.

I must admit, I wasnt expecting it to focus so much on Lewis (was probably better to have called it "Hamilton: Chasing the Dream") but really got the appetite going for next week.

Some great insight and behind the scences viewing from the factory and lauch at Valencia...

...I loved the shot they showed of Ron sitting in a briefing with Fernando, Lewis, Pedro and Gary at the launch stating "No Donuts!"......and what did they go and do??! :p

raikk
11th March 2007, 23:36
any way folks from Canada and North America can watch it? :)

stevie_gerrard
11th March 2007, 23:57
was a good documentary, really enjoyed it. Hard for the first half hour as they had the cricket world cup preview on at the same time so was flicking channels :p :

Mark
12th March 2007, 08:19
It was good, however who was the guy doing the voice over? He was TERRIBLE. They should have gotten Steve Ryder or Martin Brundle to do it.

Dave B
12th March 2007, 08:57
The programme was essentially a Vodafone McLaren Mercedes corporate video with a two-minute introduction from Steve Ryder.

It looked like the sort of thing which teams show to potential sponsors, not the general public.

Interesting in parts, but nothing which couldn't have been done as a ten-minute segment in a proper season preview.

ArrowsFA1
12th March 2007, 09:12
It looked like the sort of thing which teams show to potential sponsors, not the general public.
Perhaps it's all part of McLaren's "new image" to air this kind of thing to the public. Good for them :up: I thought it was well worth an hour of my Sunday.

Ed
12th March 2007, 10:33
yea the voice over guy sounded like a complete drip!!!

wedge
12th March 2007, 14:08
I've just finished watching it. Quite enjoyable, if a touch bland in places. There's was some good stuff about Lewis Hamilton and his dad, including some footage from their karting days. I suppose it served as a good introduction for Lewis to the wider British public.

Yep, it was great.

The karting footage was from 10 years ago when ITV used to show the 'Champions of The Future' series.

Just Ron and Lewis' dad and all you fans out there, I feel proud and privileged following Lewis career and seeing him make it to F1. :)

Nikki Katz
12th March 2007, 18:09
The programme was essentially a Vodafone McLaren Mercedes corporate video with a two-minute introduction from Steve Ryder.

Interesting in parts, but nothing which couldn't have been done as a ten-minute segment in a proper season preview.
Yeah, that's pretty much my impression of it.
I did enjoy all the bits about Hamilton's rise, I think they did that well. But the rest of it felt a lot like they were speaking from a script for the cameras, especially the no donuts bit.
I also think it was a bit unfair to blame McLaren's failure to win a race last year on their drivers!

NoahsGirl
12th March 2007, 19:17
I took it to be a corporate video for McLaren, but it was enjoyable just the same. That programme will be probably one of the only time you see Ron smile this year! I loved the "no doughnuts" rule and thought "Alonso will be in trouble now" when he did - even if it wasn't in his race car!