PDA

View Full Version : Monte Carlo 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

RS
21st January 2011, 19:45
Basso only drives at night??? Fastest on this stage!!

I think Giandomincio is quite used to this type of fast mountain tarmac stage...

FabiaFan
21st January 2011, 19:46
Basso showing finally some speed! Sadly Garmeister´s speed has totally disappeared, but it is no sense to test only one day and compete with these drivers. Had been better to be @ home... Yeah, Garde - the sad hero... he didnt show anything, didnt shine for just a single moment... I believe this is his all last big event ever :-(

dimviii
21st January 2011, 19:49
I think Giandomincio is quite used to this type of fast mountain tarmac stage...

I d like to know his tyre choice.

Honza H.
21st January 2011, 19:56
It´s good to see Basso back in the IRC, but so far his results have been a bit of a dissapointment for me. Does anyone know what Basso was saying before and during the event? What were his pre-event goals anyway?

[Madeira-Rally]
21st January 2011, 20:05
Not so disappointing result fora Basso... he never was really good on snow conditions (yesterday) and in 1st day he had puntures and lost many time... and his car isn't a top car, maybe a car like Delecour... previous version from top cars... he is doing almost what I was expecting before the event.

21st January 2011, 20:06
I d like to know his tyre choice.

I posted all tyre choices a couple pages back. Garde on mediums

dimviii
21st January 2011, 20:10
I posted all tyre choices a couple pages back. Garde on mediums

i was asking about Basso,to see differences from official pugs

RS
21st January 2011, 20:11
It´s good to see Basso back in the IRC, but so far his results have been a bit of a dissapointment for me. Does anyone know what Basso was saying before and during the event? What were his pre-event goals anyway?

He has been mostly faster than Gardemeister who has a better car and also an excellent Monte record...

FabiaFan
21st January 2011, 20:11
]Not so disappointing result fora Basso... he never was really good on snow conditions (yesterday) and in 1st day he had puntures and lost many time... and his car isn't a top car, maybe a car like Delecour... previous version from top cars... he is doing almost what I was expecting before the event. At least today hes shining! He will push Garde out of the top 10. And finish just one place behind the vice-champ! Sounds good, when you put it like this, doesnt it?!?

21st January 2011, 20:14
i was asking about Basso,to see differences from official pugs

Oh ok, sorry!

dimviii
21st January 2011, 20:16
Oh ok, sorry!

No worries mate!!

[Madeira-Rally]
21st January 2011, 20:16
At least today hes shining! He will push Garde out of the top 10. And finish just one place behind the vice-champ! Sounds good, when you put it like this, doesnt it?!?

HAHAHA nice point of view :)

AndyRAC
21st January 2011, 20:18
Lasse Lampi with some interesting comments on IRC Rally Radio.....regarding pay drivers!!

mm1
21st January 2011, 20:19
I didn`t hear, what did he say?

mm1
21st January 2011, 20:21
I also liked Delacour - "we are going much faster than 20 years ago, it`s just the engine"

FabiaFan
21st January 2011, 20:22
Anyone believes Hanninen can reach P3 ?!?

:-o

FabiaFan
21st January 2011, 20:25
Lasse Lampi with some interesting comments on IRC Rally Radio.....regarding pay drivers!!

He should better comment his snow spying ! :-/ :-(

AndyRAC
21st January 2011, 20:31
He was asked about Hanninen having a drive in the WRC - he said " where, there aren't enough factory seats available" He then said there were far too many drivers with money getting in top cars.

AndyRAC
21st January 2011, 20:32
He should better comment his snow spying ! :-/ :-(

He did, he held his hands up and said it was his fault!! Nice bloke!!

Honza H.
21st January 2011, 20:32

As for me, it came across my mind for a while .... not impossible, but a lot of luck needed.

dimviii
21st January 2011, 20:38

43 seconds faster than Wilks? Not without problem of Wilks.

bluuford
21st January 2011, 20:44
how long it takes to change gearbox for Pug?

dimviii
21st January 2011, 20:45
Burri seems that is going to loose f2 from Campana(+9,8) as he is a lot faster at last 2 stages,almost half minute in each stage.

dimviii
21st January 2011, 20:46
how long it takes to change gearbox for Pug?

about 20 must be fast time i think.

[Madeira-Rally]
21st January 2011, 20:52
20 min. it's enough to change the gear box in a S2000 for sure

[Madeira-Rally]
21st January 2011, 20:55
Finally I will follow live the last 2 stages of Monte Carlo :-)

I miss a lot the times of following an interesting rally live on internet...

FabiaFan
21st January 2011, 21:02
He did, he held his hands up and said it was his fault!! Nice bloke!! Alright then, point for him! Cause I believe it really is mainly HIS fault that Hanninen lost this rally and that Skoda lost this last opportunity to win RMC :-(((

Wim_Impreza
21st January 2011, 21:21
I am going to sleep now. It is only about luck in this Monte-Carlo.

dimviii
21st January 2011, 21:29

No don t sleep Wim, there is no snow.Wait to see if Basso will overpass works pugs.

Mise
21st January 2011, 21:30

17th Monte Carlo for Delecour and he picked the right tyres.
Yeah, that was a lucky shot.

Sulland
21st January 2011, 21:32
Who is supplying the car for Delecour, and what plate numbers does it have ?

[Madeira-Rally]
21st January 2011, 21:33
Who is supplying the car for Delecour, and what plate numbers does it have ?
The car and service is from Enjolras Sport..

KKS
21st January 2011, 21:58
No video? it will start at 00:00 (GMT+2) on eurosport

[Madeira-Rally]
21st January 2011, 22:01
the TV transmission started 1 minute ago...

muscrae
21st January 2011, 22:02
Lıve stream link?

KKS
21st January 2011, 22:04
old link doesn't work :(

[Madeira-Rally]
21st January 2011, 22:08
Bruno Magalhães is on commentary for Eurosport in Portugal...

About his retirement he said that in a fast section he lost the rear of the car... and.. no chance to get the car on the road

dimviii
21st January 2011, 22:10
http://www.fromsport.com/v-0/16/72/v-167279.html

RICARDO75
21st January 2011, 22:15
Anyone knows if Sarrazin changed the gearbox?

[Madeira-Rally]
21st January 2011, 22:16
I'm not sure... but I think yes...

21st January 2011, 22:22
15 mins for the gearbox change in the 207

KKS
21st January 2011, 22:22
http://videos.eurosport.com/irc/rally-monte-carlo/2011/rallye-monte-carlo-day-3_vid163050/irc-player.shtml

mm1
21st January 2011, 22:23
Yes, they did it in 15 min

21st January 2011, 22:26
Tyres for last two..

http://plixi.com/p/71523208

dimviii
21st January 2011, 22:34
1st split
Vouilloz
Kopecky+1
Hanninen+2
Garde+3

dimviii
21st January 2011, 22:41
split2
Vouilloz
Kopecky+2
Solberg +4
Hanninen+0

RS
21st January 2011, 23:05
Solberg's excuse of lack of testing looks weak when Basso can outpace him in an old customer spec 207...

SkodaSRT
21st January 2011, 23:05
Tight fight between Delecour, Wilks and Hänninen :bounce:

dimviii
21st January 2011, 23:19
solberg at 1st split loosing more than 1 sec/km from Vouilloz

Juha_Koo
21st January 2011, 23:21
Holy sh*t Vouilloz is pushing... :D

pettersolberg29
21st January 2011, 23:21
Petter +12s at 2nd split. Hopefully just bringing it home... :s

[Madeira-Rally]
21st January 2011, 23:24
Monte is almost over.. and no stage win for Solberg... this means something about IRC level....

muscrae
21st January 2011, 23:25
I'm really disappointed for Petter, after the tyre trick yesterday, he's been just effectless as never before... :(

pettersolberg29
21st January 2011, 23:25
Loix +5s to Sarrazin at 3km?! Bit odd.

FabiaFan
21st January 2011, 23:26
Petter +12s at 2nd split. Hopefully just bringing it home... :s I am afraid not, he is doing what he can...

Slipzen
21st January 2011, 23:28
Tight fight between Delecour, Wilks and Hänninen :bounce:
I guess Hänninen will pass both Wilks and Delecour. But tht is just a guess....

EDIT: Was a very bad guess :)

[Madeira-Rally]
21st January 2011, 23:29
Alternator problems for Solberg...

FabiaFan
21st January 2011, 23:30
I am afraid not, he is doing what he can... Now even the slowest!!!

SkodaSRT
21st January 2011, 23:34
Wilks hold his place for Hänninen

RS
21st January 2011, 23:37
Hanninen took over a minute out of Solberg after the end of yesterday.

SkodaSRT
21st January 2011, 23:40
Bouffier wins!!!

[Madeira-Rally]
21st January 2011, 23:41
Congratulations for Bouffier... he deserves it!

pettersolberg29
21st January 2011, 23:44
Well done to Bouffier - not deserved based on pace alone, but this is Monte and he rallied the conditions better than anyone else. I personally think Stephane, Juho and Loix were the best drivers but the drama of yesterday shook everything up and Bryan gets the win.

N.O.T
21st January 2011, 23:46
fantastic result for peugeot...pity the rally was not decided by driving alone but it was certainly exciting. The skodas are going to win easily both titles this year...far superior car.

julkki
21st January 2011, 23:47
fantastic result for peugeot...pity the rally was not decided by driving alone but it was certainly exciting. The skodas are going to win easily both titles this year...far superior car.

I wouldn't say so. Sarrazin's and Basso's pace was equal with Skoda's in the night stages.

ridder
21st January 2011, 23:49
Hanninen lost the rally by following Solbergs tyre choice when Solberg said he'll risk on the tires.
Loix probably lost the rally due to the puncture in last stage yesterday.
Solberg drove better and better up to 6th stage and managed to scare Hanninen. Today he was struggling and now technical problems on top of it. Listening to Quesnel he did what he was asked to do, ensured a win for Peugeot.

So a Peugeot wins the rally. But I don't think their performance is going to convince people to buy the 207. It seemed to lack the speed during the first day and compared to zero technical issues for the 4 Skodas, it had quite a few. Broken gearbox for Sarrazin, issues with throttle for Gardemeister and Solberg and now to top it off the exactly same problem that made Ogier retire last year.

RS
21st January 2011, 23:50

I tend to agree the Skoda is better over the year, but don't get too confused because Petter didn't win a stage - Sarrazin, Bouffier, Delecour and Basso all did so the 207 is still pretty good on this type of road!

KKS
21st January 2011, 23:51
Congratz to Bouffier, Loix and Sarrazin. Great Monte Rally!

Oliver, you disappointed in Sarrazin? 3rd is so bad now to Peugeot? http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif

FabiaFan
21st January 2011, 23:51
I wouldn't say so. Sarrazin's and Basso's pace was equal with Skoda's in the night stages. Those were not typical IRC stages...

RS
21st January 2011, 23:53
Well done to Bouffier - not deserved based on pace alone, but this is Monte and he rallied the conditions better than anyone else.

In other words he "did a Mikko"

dimviii
21st January 2011, 23:55
Hanninen lost the rally by following Solbergs tyre choice when Solberg said he'll risk on the tires.
Loix probably lost the rally due to the puncture in last stage yesterday.
Solberg drove better and better up to 6th stage and managed to scare Hanninen. Today he was struggling and now technical problems on top of it. Listening to Quesnel he did what he was asked to do, ensured a win for Peugeot.

So a Peugeot wins the rally. But I don't think their performance is going to convince people to buy the 207. It seemed to lack the speed during the first day and compared to zero technical issues for the 4 Skodas, it had quite a few. Broken gearbox for Sarrazin, issues with throttle for Gardemeister and Solberg and now to top it off the exactly same problem that made Ogier retire last year.

+1

FabiaFan
21st January 2011, 23:55
QUOTE=RS;880611]In other words he "did a Mikko"[/QUOTE]

You could also say he "did a Sebastien"

dimviii
21st January 2011, 23:56
I tend to agree the Skoda is better over the year, but don't get too confused because Petter didn't win a stage - Sarrazin, Bouffier, Delecour and Basso all did so the 207 is still pretty good on this type of road!

All locals with same ss in French championship.Just wait for the next tarmac rally outside France.

RS
21st January 2011, 23:57
In other words he "did a Mikko"

You could also say he "did a Sebastien"

His performance was more convincing than that of Ogier from 2009...

pettersolberg29
21st January 2011, 23:57
Oliver, you disappointed in Sarrazin? 3rd is so bad now to Peugeot? http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif

I think he meant he felt disappointed for Sarrazin - as in he thinks Stephane deserved 2nd but was sorry for his car problems in SS11.

RS
21st January 2011, 23:58
All locals with same ss in French championship.Just wait for the next tarmac rally outside France.

207 can be fast on Canarias depending on who is driving it.

dimviii
Congratz to Bouffier, Loix and Sarrazin. Great Monte Rally!

Oliver is getting more and more anoying every time speaks.

AndyRAC
Well done to Bryan Bouffier on winning the centenary edition of the Monte, also well done to Freddy, Stephane on their podiums. Also a great drive from Delecour!!
In fact - well done to all who finished!!

FabiaFan
All locals with same ss in French championship.Just wait for the next tarmac rally outside France. Yes, wait for Barum, wait for Skodas 1-2-3-4-5....

RS
21st January 2011, 23:59
Oliver is getting more and more anoying every time speaks.

He's hard to like isn't he? :D

dimviii
22nd January 2011, 00:16
He's hard to like isn't he? :D

Pretty hard!! lol

Congrats to Bouffier for winning ,and also congrats to Sarrazin for his speed.He was always very fast but not lucky.Also Loix was very fast and did a good rally.Like Basso speed tonight,and i d like to see him in more irc rounds.
Not good rally for Wilks,never fast as last year just steady.Also big dissapoitment Garde.Well done for Delecour.For his age and so much time out rallies is a very good result.Petter......was waiting more from a wrc championship contenter.Didn t like his talking after tonight stages.Think that he couldn t understant that he was so slower from a second class competitors.

ps.Henning was the lucky of the family after his retiment at 1st stage. lol

Josti
22nd January 2011, 00:46
In fact - well done to all who finished!!

Yeah, not too many did. About 50% retired, that's what I call a rally.

Happy for Bouffier, but hope Sarrazin is luckier next year!

tolis
22nd January 2011, 00:52
Petter Solberg didn't manage to reach the Service Park. He had an alternator problem...

pettersolberg29
22nd January 2011, 00:53
I have heard that Solberg has retired on the road section with alternator problems. Might be incorrect, but thats what I was just told.

edit: definately retired.

GigiGalliNo1
22nd January 2011, 01:13
Sarrazin has taken 30sec penalty so Wilks has become 3rd. The team has confirmed this in media report... Official RMC not yet...

pettersolberg29
22nd January 2011, 01:29
Gutting for Stephane - feel so sorry for him...he still only lost his podium by 2.2s and kept 4th from Delecour by 0.5s!

GigiGalliNo1
22nd January 2011, 02:39
It's not that bad. It's good for Wilks because he is actually doing the whole season! As the team said Sarrazin is only doing this one round and it's better to help one who is doing the season. Sorry but this is good point and valid. :) wish Delecour won!!

pettersolberg29
22nd January 2011, 03:46
It's not that bad. It's good for Wilks because he is actually doing the whole season! As the team said Sarrazin is only doing this one round and it's better to help one who is doing the season. Sorry but this is good point and valid. :) wish Delecour won!!

Oh I see. Thought it was accidental or a technical problem - if Stephane agreed to it then its noble of him after fighting his way up to 3rd, and then not to stand on the 100th anniversary podium. Makes sense giving the points to Wilks as he had a good rally too and deserves a good result.

HaCo
22nd January 2011, 06:17
]Monte is almost over.. and no stage win for Solberg... this means something about IRC level....

+1 :)

F1boat
22nd January 2011, 08:22
I am very happy for Bouffier and Peugeot! It is always nice to see a new winner, especially in legendary rally, and Pug had tough 2010 year. Now this is better!

Wim_Impreza
22nd January 2011, 08:46
Happy that I sleeped early and not decided to watch the last two SS. There happened again nothing (only Delecour that wasn't so fast as the IRC top, but that is normal with his age), just as in the first pass. Nice that I didn't must listen to Quesnel, even Corrado Provera had better and more realistic commentary than him.

The third year in a row that the Monte-Carlo isn't won by the fastest driver and the results are mostly made due to the tyre lottery. This is not my rally.

Ucci
22nd January 2011, 08:51
Monte is over !! For me still one of the best rallye in the world-with snow&ice or without! Interesting to read your comments, here is also mine: Bouffier-I'm very happy for him, as I see no other chance to win him in a IRC rally-he took the opportunity and won! That is MC!! Good for Peugeot also, it can happen that Peugeot performance will depend a lot in this year on ''wild cards'' drivers (example Andreucci, Magalhaes). Loix always on a charge, never underestimate him, he had a chance to win. When Wilks will be 100% confident with 207, he will be a serious threat to works Fabias. Sarrazin is fast yust in this rally, nowhere alse he can fight for a top position (I still can not forget his ''epic'' fight with Kubica on Du Var...), so for me he is still yust an average driver. Delecour-as a predict, he is still on a mission, I felt so sorry for him when he mentioned weak performance of his 207 on the uphill stages, he was on of the fastest driving downhill and that shows driver's performance....
Peter Solberg-a bit disappointment as he showed nothing special, but I did not expect win from him as he was never excelent in MC. Bad luck a the end, sorry....
About Basso-he drove completely new car, already with last evo engine!! I hope our R.Turk will get his hands on this car for our championship......
Campana-first in 2WD class-congratulations from my side, too!!

Dejan
22nd January 2011, 09:17
Quesnel was trying to convince us that IRC should be just about private teams. When Sarrazin take a time penalty before the final control to promote Wilks to third, is just proof of this... right Quesnel :rolleyes:

EavesFan09
22nd January 2011, 09:19
All in the top 10, exzcept for about 2 or 2, can boast a stage win. Sarrazin won 4, Hanninen won 3, Bouffier won 2, and Loix, Delecour, Voullioz and Basso all won one each. I don't care really about a lot of what Ucci said above about the drivers he mentions. I am just glad the IRC has so many drivers who can get stage wins. I like to look at the finished picture.

But one point I don't know if I can agree with. The point about Peugeot rellying on 'wild card' entries. I think I see enough on paper about Delecour to see him as someone who I think will be close to the leader at the end. And Bouffier is heralded as someone who is a name with ability. Though he is still a new name to me.

Roll on the next event!!

EavesFan09
22nd January 2011, 09:23
Quesnel was trying to convince us that IRC should be just about private teams. When Sarrazin take a time penalty before the final control to promote Wilks to third, is just proof of this... right Quesnel :rolleyes:

Aye. Time penalties. What are they about? Laurent Nicolas in a Group N Mitsubishi Evo X has two time penalties.

piquet20
22nd January 2011, 09:42
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/turbolimac/monte%20carlo%2001%202011/_MG_9832.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/turbolimac/monte%20carlo%2001%202011/_MG_2184.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/turbolimac/monte%20carlo%2001%202011/_MG_2172.jpg

piquet20
22nd January 2011, 09:43
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/turbolimac/monte%20carlo%2001%202011/_MG_2130.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/turbolimac/monte%20carlo%2001%202011/_MG_2120.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/turbolimac/monte%20carlo%2001%202011/_MG_2034.jpg

pino
22nd January 2011, 09:44
What an exciting first event of the season...congrats to Bouffier anyway, he did a great job ! :up:

Sulland
22nd January 2011, 11:17

It ok as long as you win, but when you do'nt ........
What i do not like is that he is bringing the WRC manufacturer thinking into IRC.
Even if Skoda Motorsport is a real manufacturer team they do not pull those stunts, but let the fastest Skoda car win, or am I mistaken?

Brother John
22nd January 2011, 11:37
What an exciting first event of the season...congrats to Bouffier anyway, he did a great job ! :up:

;) Yes IRC and the Monte have proved that the FIA are totally wrong with WRC! Why haven't they driven at least 2 years in WRC with normal S2000 cars? Then we had see a normal championship with many candidates who can become champion in WRC! :o

Sulland
22nd January 2011, 12:24
;) Yes IRC and the Monte have proved that the FIA are totally wrong with WRC! Why haven't they driven at least 2 years in WRC with normal S2000 cars? Then we had see a normal championship with many candidates who can become champion in WRC! :o

Hua !

EavesFan09
22nd January 2011, 12:28

The phrase "it's not what you've got that counts. It is what you do with it" has never been more apt for me. Yes, they (WRC) have a very good talented driver in Loeb...but aside from a good Sebastian Ogier and Dani Sordo...that is..well...it.

I don't think the WRC is really able to be as good as I saw the IRC be over the last two-three days.

AndyRAC
22nd January 2011, 12:43
There is only ONE iconic event left in rallying - Monte-Carlo - and it's in the IRC and live on Eurosport!!

Being in the IRC enable the organisers to run the event to how they want it - IRC/Eurosport let them do what they want. Could that happen in the WRC??

FabiaFan
22nd January 2011, 13:12
...and Bouffier is very symhatic!

Few thoughts:
Why there were so many retirements in the first two (not too difficult) SSs and no retirement (almost) for the rest of the rally?!?
How can such a professional team like Skoda be so mistaken?!?
Does Quesnel believe those small points will really help Wilks? Was the shame worth it?
Why there was such a difference in Baso´s performance day 1/day 3?
Why was the performance of Gardemeister so poor for the whole rally?
Why was the performance of Wallenwein sooo poooor? What can we expect then from Gassner jr. in the SWRC :-(((
Can we conclude that Hanninen is already better than (or at least even with) P.Solberg? Wouldn´t it be "funny" if Hanninen wins SWRC and Gassner will finish last?
Solberg - did he retire because of the alternator or not to spoil his "biography", his statistics?? Why was he so "empty"??
What would be the outcome of this rally if H.Solberg and Mikkelsen finished?
Will Mikkelsen win the IRC?

Barreis
22nd January 2011, 13:18
After MC.. :)

urabus-denoS2000
22nd January 2011, 13:31
...and Bouffier is very symhatic!

Can we conclude that Hanninen is already better than (or at least even with) P.Solberg? Wouldn´t it be "funny" if Hanninen wins SWRC and Gassner will finish last?

It's hard to compare Juho and Solberg on this rally , since Juho is into his 3rd season with the Fabia and Solberg drove S2000 for the first time . However , I expected more from Solberg , compared to Ogier last year his performance was poor . Though it's always nice to see him . Also , don't undestimate Gassner jr. , he won't be as fast as Juho but he definately won't be last , trust me .

I'm dissapointed that Hanninen didn't won , he was the fastest by far until SS7/8 , but that's Monte :) Really pleased for Bouffier , he can be a strong contender , he is the deserving winner in my opinion , a very consistent drive :) Sarrazin blindingly fast but not consistent . Fast Freddy gained a great 2nd place , looks great for the championship . Also a very good consistent drive for Wilks , especially compared to the poor 2010 Monte for him . Delecour was the star , but realistically he was FAR of the pace , he should stop now that he scored a good result and concentrate on beating gentlemans on the TRA while giving spectacular passages to people like myself :) Love the way the Eurosport comentators do impresionations of Loix , Delecour , .... Really great company to have while watching , they are very professional and they know what they are talking about , really makes WRC MotorsTV ashamed .

Was a special Monte , looking forward to 2012 ;)

BTW , not trying to start an IRC vs. WRC debate again , but the World championship really sucks doesn't it ?

mm1
22nd January 2011, 14:25
I think we must give more credit to Delacour, because looking in to splits, he realy was one of the faster drivers downhill and all the time loss was during uphill sections. And besides that, when was the last rally he competed? + no previous experince in an s2k. Which was also Solbergs problem, those three days of testing were not enough, if you have comepeted in a turbo rally car with totaly different engine characteristics for the last n years.
As for WRC vs IRC, last year Monte was also special and then the series faded away (with the exeption of Barum and Ypres, maybe Sardinia). I hope to see some change this year in the WRC. And I think most of current IRC drivers would change to WRC without a shadow of a doubt (see Meeke and Haninen). Loix and some others beeing the exception.
Haninen is a personality I would love to see in the WRC, way cooler than Loeb & co. Somehow I think my wish may come true :)

Juha_Koo
22nd January 2011, 14:26
BTW , not trying to start an IRC vs. WRC debate again , but the World championship really sucks doesn't it ?

Well, not really. Depends how you look it. I like to see quality rally and both IRC and WRC offer that in my opinion. In different ways.

GigiGalliNo1
22nd January 2011, 14:36
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/turbolimac/monte%20carlo%2001%202011/_MG_1815-1.jpg

Great photo!! :D :D :D

Tom206wrc
22nd January 2011, 14:37
My "man of the rally": François Delecour :cool:

Brilliant action from Michaël Burri(first Monte-Carlo, first time in the DS3)and Adrien Tambay(only 3rd rally ever me thinks, comes from circuit racing) :up:

urabus-denoS2000
22nd January 2011, 14:39
Well, not really. Depends how you look it. I like to see quality rally and both IRC and WRC offer that in my opinion. In different ways.

I mean it in the terms of TV coverage and results excitement ... In WRC just just know who is going to win , however things could get very interesting in the WRC this year ;)

pettersolberg29
22nd January 2011, 14:46
I mean it in the terms of TV coverage and results excitement ... In WRC just just know who is going to win , however things could get very interesting in the WRC this year ;)

Imagine Loeb, Sordo, Ogier, Solbergs, Mikko, JML, Hanninen, Mikkelsen, Loix, Wilks, Meeke, Kopecky, Ostberg and specialists like Andreucci and Pech all competing in the same machinery....

Sorry - just a little daydream!

FabiaFan
22nd January 2011, 14:47
Great photo!! :D :D :D Yes, it is! Piquet is a genius!

ridder
22nd January 2011, 14:52
Why there were so many retirements in the first two (not too difficult) SSs and no retirement (almost) for the rest of the rally?!?

- long brake since last rally + lots of people trying to prove something on first SS

How can such a professional team like Skoda be so mistaken?!?
The mistake wasn't that huge, Kopecky on intermedias + 2 slicks, Hanninen on intermedias + 2 winter tires, Loix 4 winter + 2 studs?, dunno what Vuilloz had but this seems like trying to spread the risk. Hanninen's choice to change winter tires already on the car for Solberg's choice is his own fault.

Does Quesnel believe those small points will really help Wilks? Was the shame worth it?

He'll do anything and everything to get even a single extra point, remember Poland 2 years ago? Shame is a word he doesn't know.

Why there was such a difference in Baso´s performance day 1/day 3?

- new car(latest 207)/ almost no testing.
- stage characters, day 3 afternoon was like italian tarmac (hairpins)
- nothing to loose on friday and everything to proove

Why was the performance of Gardemeister so poor for the whole rally?

- old car, long time since he drove last time, technical issues and tony is not so fast as before

Can we conclude that Hanninen is already better than (or at least even with) P.Solberg?

He was better than Solberg on Monte (Solbergs worst rally all the time) in a Fabia vs Peugeot with Solberg never driving it on dry tarmac or snow before. Not sure if that's a big achievement.

Solberg - did he retire because of the alternator or not to spoil his "biography", his statistics?? Why was he so "empty"??

His statistics on monte are appalling, nothing to ruin there. On the other hand can't see mr.Q giving away points to Kopecky(who will run whole IRC) and Vuilloz for free.
Solberg was "empty" only on friday afternoon (even friday morning he was fast), think it was mostly lack of testing and motivation. Seemed to struggle a lot in the hairpins on the onboards.

What would be the outcome of this rally if H.Solberg and Mikkelsen finished?

Without tire lottery (so results up to ss6) Mikkelsen would probably be somewhere between Solberg and Hanninen. H. Solberg around 4th-5th place.

Will Mikkelsen win the IRC?

He is the clear favorite.

bluuford
22nd January 2011, 15:02
Well, the mountains weather is really hard to predict :-) Next time I will ask Delecour.-P

Just looking the stats.
There were
15 207 S2000 cars at the start. 8 of them retired
7 Fabia S2000 cars at the start. only one retired (crash)
2 Protons, 2 retired
2 Fords 1 retired (crash).
Looks like Skoda was the most reliable car. There were almost no problems with the Skoda.
What was the reason for Ogier to retire in 2010? The same?
What can we expect from the season?

There is only one Peugeot confirmed (Wilks) and probability of one more (Bouffier).Magalhaes didnt had TMN logo anymore, so, his season seems to be not very secure.

There are many good Skodas (Loix, Mikkelsen, Kopecky) for the long season and many others who are doing some rounds (Hänninen, maybe Kruuda, etc.) Looks more like Skoda season ahead again.

Josti
22nd January 2011, 15:13
That forced time penalty on Sarrazin really makes you dislike Quesnel even more.

Live coverage is amazing, especially for an unpredictable rally like Monte Carlo. I did got the impression that the commentators were playing a game of who can say the most in one minute. I mean, they were rambling on and on. They did however know what they were talking about, as opposed to my native commentators, who on there part were a bit more quiet at least. Those interviews in between were ridiculous, I wouldn't call that journalism. I think I've seen Marc van Dalen more than any other person this rally!

But overall very enjoyable, again.

FabiaFan
22nd January 2011, 15:22
That forced time penalty on Sarrazin really makes you dislike Quesnel even more.

I think I've seen Marc van Dalen more than any other person this rally!

I feel the same! So stupid, so disbalanced from Eurosport. Was there only Kronos?!? What about Hrabanek and others???

RS
22nd January 2011, 15:52
I feel the same! So stupid, so disbalanced from Eurosport. Was there only Kronos?!? What about Hrabanek and others???

Hrabanek doesn't normally speak, it is usually Pavel Hortek who is the public face.

RS
22nd January 2011, 15:59
Without tire lottery (so results up to ss6) Mikkelsen would probably be somewhere between Solberg and Hanninen. H. Solberg around 4th-5th place.
He is the clear favorite.

I think that's optimistic on both counts. Andreas is a good driver for sure but he had never done Monte before. Henning I think would have been more likely to be fighting with Gardemeister. It's a shame he crashed so early as we never got to find out.

FabiaFan
22nd January 2011, 16:13
Hrabanek doesn't normally speak, it is usually Pavel Hortek who is the public face. So where was he? Bad job of him or Eurosport??

piquet20
22nd January 2011, 16:23
Yes, it is! Piquet is a genius!

noooo...friend of mine was there...

FabiaFan
22nd January 2011, 16:26
noooo...friend of mine was there... So tell him!

Wim_Impreza
22nd January 2011, 16:34
I think we must give more credit to Delacour, because looking in to splits, he realy was one of the faster drivers downhill and all the time loss was during uphill sections. And besides that, when was the last rally he competed? + no previous experince in an s2k. Which was also Solbergs problem, those three days of testing were not enough, if you have comepeted in a turbo rally car with totaly different engine characteristics for the last n years.
As for WRC vs IRC, last year Monte was also special and then the series faded away (with the exeption of Barum and Ypres, maybe Sardinia). I hope to see some change this year in the WRC. And I think most of current IRC drivers would change to WRC without a shadow of a doubt (see Meeke and Haninen). Loix and some others beeing the exception.
Haninen is a personality I would love to see in the WRC, way cooler than Loeb & co. Somehow I think my wish may come true :)

The last real rally that Delecour competed was long time ago, but he won the Driver Rally Show in Italy in December 2010 in a 206 WRC.

alleskids
22nd January 2011, 17:46
There is only one Peugeot confirmed (Wilks) and probability of one more (Bouffier).Magalhaes didnt had TMN logo anymore, so, his season seems to be not very secure.

There are many good Skodas (Loix, Mikkelsen, Kopecky) for the long season and many others who are doing some rounds (Hänninen, maybe Kruuda, etc.) Looks more like Skoda season ahead again.

Neuville (7), Böuffier (10) and Wilks (10+) are confirmed to defend Peugeot's honor in the championship. Magelhaes indeed in doubt, depending on his result rally by rally
Skoda has the best equipes: Mikkelsen, Loix, Kopecky. Plus Hanninen on some occasions.
Too bad Ford equipes are letting down, only Al Attiyah brings some serieus Ford interest in IRC, he has 4 rallies in his mind.

AndyRAC
22nd January 2011, 19:30
Neuville (7), Böuffier (10) and Wilks (10+) are confirmed to defend Peugeot's honor in the championship. Magelhaes indeed in doubt, depending on his result rally by rally
Skoda has the best equipes: Mikkelsen, Loix, Kopecky. Plus Hanninen on some occasions.
Too bad Ford equipes are letting down, only Al Attiyah brings some serieus Ford interest in IRC, he has 4 rallies in his mind.

I think that was mentioned during the coverage - the lack of Ford Fiesta challenging. Could it be that M-Sport would prefer to support people doing S-WRC and not a rival series? Similarly, there aren't many 207's in the S-WRC....

22nd January 2011, 19:37
https://torrentzone.net/ great place to get motorsports of all kinds.

Hartusvuori
22nd January 2011, 20:23
Is Bryan Bouffier's first name pronuonced like English Brian or kind of "Brie-Ann" - to get things right.

I'm very happy to see Bouffier winning this though he wasn't outright fastest of the lot. Still he was very much picking up the pace before those two snowy stages. Didn't realize he hadn't score an IRC point before.

Of course I would've hoped victory for Juho, but most importantly he showed that his development in tarmac pace hadn't gone to worse over the off season.

urabus-denoS2000
22nd January 2011, 20:48
Is Bryan Bouffier's first name pronuonced like English Brian or kind of "Brie-Ann" - to get things right.

I'm very happy to see Bouffier winning this though he wasn't outright fastest of the lot. Still he was very much picking up the pace before those two snowy stages. Didn't realize he hadn't score an IRC point before.

It's "Brie-ann" I believe . And he has one 3rd place on Barum with Peugeot Polska in 2008 if I'm not mistaken , so not his first IRC points

Hartusvuori
22nd January 2011, 20:59
It's "Brie-ann" I believe . And he has one 3rd place on Barum with Peugeot Polska in 2008 if I'm not mistaken , so not his first IRC points

It's true he had points in 2008. So this (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89039) Autosport's article states wrong.

alleskids
22nd January 2011, 22:36
I think that was mentioned during the coverage - the lack of Ford Fiesta challenging. Could it be that M-Sport would prefer to support people doing S-WRC and not a rival series? Similarly, there aren't many 207's in the S-WRC....

Mads Ostberg was on the verge of a Peugeot Norway supportive project, he even got advise from Loeb during test. So PSA did want to be present in the S-WRC.
I think the S-WRC drivers did not pick a Peugeot 207, because it was not competative enough in 2010, compared to the Skoda Fabia and the Ford Fiesta. PSA has no problems with a S2000 car cross reference both championships. But Ford/M-Sport does not want to give too much publicity to the "them", the "other championship".

dimviii
23rd January 2011, 10:41
Hennings crash
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgo71q_crash-solberg-monte-carlo-2011-2011-01-21-17-45-31_auto

alleskids
23rd January 2011, 11:35
Nice livery on the Fiesta :) . cold tyres for Henning?

Rally Hokkaido
23rd January 2011, 11:56
Nice livery on the Fiesta :) . cold tyres for Henning?

More likely, too hot.....as in he came into the corner 'too hot' ;-)
IIRC, it was on SS1 and the forestry section didn't start until well into the stage so his tyres should have been suitably warm, by then.
A possible cause is that the shade at the corner meant that some of the morning frost left on the road made it a little slippery and Henning didn't have that in his pace notes.

Mirek
23rd January 2011, 12:12
Finally back home. What a rally again! It was great even on dry tarmac. Turini this year was again one great party with excellent atmosphere :D

For sure I wanted Juho to win but finally I'm happy that it's Bouffier. He was one of the most underrated drivers in the world.

Mirek
23rd January 2011, 12:13
More likely, too hot.....as in he came into the corner 'too hot' ;-)
IIRC, it was on SS1 and the forestry section didn't start until well into the stage so his tyres should have been suitably warm, by then.
A possible cause is that the shade at the corner meant that some of the morning frost left on the road made it a little slippery and Henning didn't have that in his pace notes.

I drove through SS1 till Saint Jullien du Gua (after Henning 's crash) approximately 1,5 hour before start and there was no sign of frost anywhere. It was completely dry ;)

Barreis
23rd January 2011, 12:25
Gravel crew for some competitor or spectator only?

FabiaFan
23rd January 2011, 12:25
Hennings crash
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgo71q_crash-solberg-monte-carlo-2011-2011-01-21-17-45-31_auto
What a pitty! As for me, I missed him most of all SS-SS2 retired crews :-/ So curious about his (and his car's)potential pace and placing...

FabiaFan
23rd January 2011, 12:30
I believe clear failure of the crew - came too fast, look at the wild braking there.

Mirek
23rd January 2011, 12:31
Gravel crew for some competitor or spectator only?

No gravel crew but wwbroe was in that role ;)

Barreis
23rd January 2011, 12:32
For what crew?

Mirek
23rd January 2011, 12:48
For Freddy ;)

dimviii
23rd January 2011, 13:20
For Freddy ;)
other news from Monte Mirek?

jolle1982
23rd January 2011, 13:57
Fotos day 2 by rallyefreaks.de

http://www.rallyefreaks.de/images/samgallery/full/day_2_01_1295790159.jpg

http://www.rallyefreaks.de/images/samgallery/full/day_2_16_1295790162.jpg

http://www.rallyefreaks.de/images/samgallery/full/day_2_30_1295790165.jpg

<<< Fotos Day 2 Rally Monte Carlo >>> (http://www.rallyefreaks.de/index.php?option=com_samgallery&catid=68%3Aday-2&Itemid=2)

jolle1982
23rd January 2011, 14:01
Fotos day 3 by rallyefreaks.de

http://www.rallyefreaks.de/images/samgallery/full/monte_day_3_01_1295790588.jpg

http://www.rallyefreaks.de/images/samgallery/full/monte_day_3_05_1295790589.jpg

http://www.rallyefreaks.de/images/samgallery/full/monte_day_3_27_1295790593.jpg

<<< Fotos Day 3 rally Monte Carlo >>> (http://www.rallyefreaks.de/index.php?option=com_samgallery&catid=69%3Aday-3&Itemid=2)

Mirek
23rd January 2011, 14:22
I can see we were on several same places like Saint Jullien du Gua or Col de Turini :)

Mirek
23rd January 2011, 14:31
other news from Monte Mirek?

Nothing really special. I was only sad that Mr. Qusnel decided to spoil even a centenary edition of this magic event by playing tactics. But it happened. It's especially sad for Sarrazin who was clearly faster than Wilks.

When speaking about those two. In SS3/4 on the crashing bump I noticed that Sarrazin had much softer car while Wilks had it very stiff and low. He was the only one from top crews who hit the bump by sumpguard.

dimviii
23rd January 2011, 14:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH3MNJNUg3Y

Brother John
23rd January 2011, 16:02
Nothing really special. I was only sad that Mr. Qusnel decided to spoil even a centenary edition of this magic event by playing tactics. But it happened. It's especially sad for Sarrazin who was clearly faster than Wilks.

When speaking about those two. In SS3/4 on the crashing bump I noticed that Sarrazin had much softer car while Wilks had it very stiff and low. He was the only one from top crews who hit the bump by sumpguard.

+10;) :s mokin: :cool:

Barreis
23rd January 2011, 16:33
For Freddy ;)

Must be driver/codriver with experience.. ;)

Tom206wrc
23rd January 2011, 16:57

Because you really believe SKODA wouldn"t have done the same in identical situation ???? :rolleyes:

urabus-denoS2000
23rd January 2011, 17:08
Because you really believe SKODA wouldn"t have done the same in identical situation ???? :rolleyes:

If you have to say that , no the didn't because they were in the same position . Juho was 6th and Vouilloz 7th , both of them will do only a few rallies and they could have easily swapped places with title contender Kopecky in 8th , even though the time differences were much bigger

Mirek
23rd January 2011, 17:10
There was same situation with Vouilloz, Hänninen and Kopecký. Also many times before in IRC. But it's not about Škoda but about this year's edition of Monte Carlo which was 100 years aniversary of rallying and such special occasion should be kept as a celebration of sport spirit.

wwbroe
23rd January 2011, 17:47
I absolutely agree with you Mirek, it is very sad decision by Quesnel to spoil first rally of the IRC season allready by tactics. It would be better if he doesn't interfer in IRC rallies and just goes and play in his WRC garden. :D

dimviii
23rd January 2011, 17:55
There was same situation with Vouilloz, Hänninen and Kopecký. Also many times before in IRC. But it's not about Škoda but about this year's edition of Monte Carlo which was 100 years aniversary of rallying and such special occasion should be kept as a celebration of sport spirit.

+1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRP7Hly-vNc&feature=feedu

dimviii
23rd January 2011, 18:04
nice video angle!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2uvKRoIW5w&feature=related

watch at 6,45 a moment and at 8,20 lolololol

uranium
23rd January 2011, 18:22
In my opinion stages 7 and 8 MUST be cancelled due to safety reason, despite that MC is MC...

P.S.: Buffier is only lucky guy, not more. It was clear on last day. Hanninen is real winner. 7 and 8 stage is only bad luck for him

uranium
23rd January 2011, 18:25
It is really lucky, that nobody has big crash on these two stages.

Mirek
23rd January 2011, 18:33
In my opinion stages 7 and 8 MUST be cancelled due to safety reason, despite that MC is MC...

No, this is Monte Carlo as it always has been. It's not circuit racing. And by the way driving so slow on snow is muuuch safer than pushing on dry tarmac.

RICARDO75
23rd January 2011, 18:36
No, this is Monte Carlo as it always has been. It's not circuit racing. And by the way driving so slow on snow is muuuch safer than pushing on dry tarmac.

+1

cali
23rd January 2011, 18:50
Damn, I love Mirek's answers - always spot on!

Allyc85
23rd January 2011, 19:19
You are joking right?

giangino
23rd January 2011, 20:14
Photos Rallye Montecarlo 2011 online... http://www.avetowrc.com/

http://www.avetowrc.com/Foto/Wrc/Montecarlo2011/Foto/index.html

WRC1
23rd January 2011, 20:29
my pictures from monte:

atmosphäre
http://www.rallyepics.at/bilder/rallye2011/03monteatmo/gallery.html

action
http://www.rallyepics.at/bilder/rallye2011/02monteaction/gallery.html

reg

wrc1

23rd January 2011, 20:30
Solberg considers IRC return

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89052

bluuford
23rd January 2011, 21:54

P.S.: Buffier is only lucky guy, not more. It was clear on last day. Hanninen is real winner. 7 and 8 stage is only bad luck for him

Are you Quensel with hidden name?

The same guy who influenced to cancel a stage in GB due to ice on the road? And blamed local rescue cars that they cannot reach in time when something happens (who actually are prepared for such kind of situations, because such weather is normal there.. during the winter).

I wonder if all the Peugeot's would have had slicks and the conditions would have had the same, Mr Q most probably might have asked to cancel those stages, because it was dangerous:-P

On such conditions cars drive much slower and it is actually much safer for spectators and for drivers as well (like Mirek said already). Speed is the thing that kills, off during such a slow drifting only causes some punctures and cosmetic damages to the cars. Look at the average speed of those cars with slicks, Hänninens speed in the second snow stage was 60 km/h!
Look at Bouffier crash. He spun almost directly into the rock wall and nearly nothing happened, only some cosmetic damage! Thank to the low speed.
For me there are only three reasons to cancel the stage: 1) Force Majore (there is more than 50 cm of water or snow on the road, plane has crashed on the road, Mountain has fallen to the road, earthquake). 2) So many spectators are sleeping in the middle of the road that marshals are not able to carry them away in time. 3)There is an accident on the road and ambulance is occupied there.
It is not circuit racing! It is rally :-)

uranium
23rd January 2011, 22:13
[skipping sarcasm]

Explain please why were cancelled stages in Mexico last year?

darkstar
23rd January 2011, 22:37
here´s my hd video from rallye monte carlo 2011, have fun!

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2751/vorschaumonte2011.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGjkSetDDRI&hd=1)

direkt link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGjkSetDDRI&hd=1

Juha_Koo
23rd January 2011, 22:42
[skipping sarcasm]

Explain please why were cancelled stages in Mexico last year?

Only one stage, SS20, Sauz Seco, something around 7 kms.

Cancelled already before Sunday due to thousands of fans. The stage was situated on a mountain wall, steep downhill and didn't have anything else than hairpin left-hundred meters-hairpin right-hundred meters-hairpin left and so on. No guard rails. Someone said "hey what if car starts to roll down, it won't stop and could easily crush hundreds of people?" --> Cancellation. Wise preventative move.

piquet20
24th January 2011, 08:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb_7tKhtNdo

Karukera
24th January 2011, 09:00
By Mirek : " Nothing really special. I was only sad that Mr. Qusnel decided to spoil even a centenary edition of this magic event by playing tactics. But it happened. It's especially sad for Sarrazin who was clearly faster than Wilks. "

A cloud of bitterness with Skoda losing the rally, right ?
Bouffier overcame all troubles in good agreement with Lady fortune and got on top of podium, no blah blah tactics excuse in there.
Peugeot being weaker than Skoda (car, drivers), Quesnel is a sheep who had clear instructions from the PSA board to win the rally, whoever might be 'used' in the team.
Nothing spoiled, just real world.
A great MC edition. The Italian crew cheering his fans on Turini is really something latin. ;-)

Wim_Impreza
24th January 2011, 10:31

Škoda didn't had a teamorder. They could do it if they wanted to do this as Vouilloz was ahead of Kopecký for the whole last leg just as other forum members already said, so the answer is no. I believe Škoda has a lot more support than Peugeot on this forum and Quesnel is just another stupid person by Peugeot (and Citroën in WRC).

I think it is time for forum awards. For sure Mirek and some other members here must be nominated for best members and very good answers.

modri dirkac
24th January 2011, 11:08
nice video angle!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2uvKRoIW5w&feature=related

watch at 6,45 a moment and at 8,20 lolololol

Nice, the real action is not made by the factory drivers :eek: (yeah, I know, they are for sure not factory) :rolleyes: ... Thanks for video. ;)

RS
24th January 2011, 11:34
Solberg considers IRC return

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89052

Nice honest appraisal from Petter there. I must say that it was really great to have Petter around for this event, even if the final result was probably not what a lot of people expected. Would be great to have him back for Corsica.

Mirek
24th January 2011, 13:12
By Mirek : " Nothing really special. I was only sad that Mr. Qusnel decided to spoil even a centenary edition of this magic event by playing tactics. But it happened. It's especially sad for Sarrazin who was clearly faster than Wilks. "

A cloud of bitterness with Skoda losing the rally, right ?
Bouffier overcame all troubles in good agreement with Lady fortune and got on top of podium, no blah blah tactics excuse in there.
Peugeot being weaker than Skoda (car, drivers), Quesnel is a sheep who had clear instructions from the PSA board to win the rally, whoever might be 'used' in the team.
Nothing spoiled, just real world.
A great MC edition. The Italian crew cheering his fans on Turini is really something latin. ;-)

No, it has nothing to do with Škoda. They failed in critical decision and that's all. It's not about them being lightyears slower.

I'm just sad about all that crap Mr.Q brings into any sport he does. I know it's not forbidden but it's really annoying. And I was hoping that such special edition of Monte Carlo will be kept without this. Sadly I was wrong.

Remember what they did to Audi not so long a go in Chinese round of LMS when they slowed down chasing Kristensen by another team car?
Remember how he was crying about fighting with factory team in IRC? So why he enters his factory cars under private banners when in moments like this he shows how private they are? Just have a look into entry list into column "competitor"...
Remember him slowing down Rautenbach for 20 minutes to give points to Ogier?

I know I can't do anything against that and can live with that but I would never like it.

Karukera
24th January 2011, 13:26
I believe Škoda has a lot more support than Peugeot on this forum and Quesnel is just another stupid person by Peugeot (and Citroën in WRC). I think it is time for forum awards. For sure Mirek and some other members here must be nominated for best members and very good answers.

You seem to be angry to see your flemish driver losing out to a Francophone driver driving a Francophone car and i can understand that. It won't happen too often this year, Škoda will crush them.
The only awards that i see these days are there : http://www.acm.mc/ramc/ramc_main.php?lng=fr

Who care as to who gets more support for a certain team in the forum since it's open to everyone with all members being respected the same way. This is what makes the forum a pleasant experience.
Since you mention him, Mirek is an asset for the community with extensive knowledge and is generally speaking common sense with interesting informations. Fact is i found his post partial and not reflecting the general atmosphere and outcome of the MC2011 making it a great edition.
Last thing, i wouldn't call stupid someone (Quesnel) having a handful of World Rallies Titles under his belt.
I'd rather call him a PSA board sweet lamb and an average journalist who got his position only by praising Peugeot sportscars 30 years in row in his average magazine.

Karukera
24th January 2011, 14:21
No, it has nothing to do with Škoda. They failed in critical decision and that's all. It's not about them being lightyears slower.

I'm just sad about all that crap Mr.Q brings into any sport he does. I know it's not forbidden but it's really annoying. And I was hoping that such special edition of Monte Carlo will be kept without this. Sadly I was wrong. Remember how he was crying about fighting with factory team in IRC? So why he enters his factory cars under private banners when in moments like this he shows how private they are? Just have a look into entry list into column "competitor"... Remember him slowing down Rautenbach for 20 minutes to give points to Ogier? I know I can't do anything against that and can live with that but I would never like it.

While i agree with you on the spirit of the sport plus a few things about Quesnel in my post above, you can hardly put a shadow on this MC edition because of a few dirty tricks happening behind and for a man whose speeches can be variously interpreted depending on the interviewer's language.
If you put things in perspective, ACM "gifted" 100 crews with a superb edition, thrilling conditions, tires gambling, a true Turini and much more to enjoy. We even have an honorable winner who actually won a couple of stages.
Although my favorite driver Hanninen dind't win, i was a happy camper in the frozen woods.

Mirek
24th January 2011, 15:07
Don't get me wrong, what I pointed about tactics can't spoil my feelings from Monte Carlo. I was there and it was an awesome event, one of the best I have ever witnessed. This is just a tiny point of a dreamer ;)

Barreis
24th January 2011, 22:43
That was so good rally.. :)

uranium
25th January 2011, 08:04

Agree partially. But it is not fair, when weather condition changes significantly and first crews don't have possibility to change wheels and the only chance for them is to guess.
It is not rally anymore, it is casino.
As for driving in snow - it is much slower, but it is not safer. It is more fun for funs. But for sure it is not anymore rally - driving on snow on slicks.

uranium
25th January 2011, 08:05
I wanted to say, that must be some new rules, which makes possible to change wheel in such unpredictible conditions

rbatista82
25th January 2011, 10:05
More Monte Carlo Photos
http://www.supermotores.net/sm/fotos.asp?id=211
http://www.supermotores.net/sm/fotos.asp?id=212

PLuto
25th January 2011, 11:03
Agree partially. But it is not fair, when weather condition changes significantly and first crews don't have possibility to change wheels and the only chance for them is to guess.
It is not rally anymore, it is casino.
As for driving in snow - it is much slower, but it is not safer. It is more fun for funs. But for sure it is not anymore rally - driving on snow on slicks.

I dont agree with you - it is usual specific of Rallye Monte Carlo - tyre choice, unpredictable weather, changing conditions. Thats why this event is "specific one" in all championships, why people loves it. It isnt about to be fastest, but to be in finish on first place. It is not fight about seconds, but mainly about minutes. And you are not sure about your position till you dont reach finish line of last stage (or better finish at Monaco, you can retire in liaison after last stage)...

hsmed
25th January 2011, 11:59
But it is not fair, when weather condition changes significantly and first crews don't have possibility to change wheels and the only chance for them is to guess.

Correct me, if I am wrong, but did Delecour and Bouffier not run earlier on the road than Solberg and Hanninen? If they (Delecour/Bouffier) could get the informations needed to decide that winter and/or studs were the way to go, then Solberg and Hanninen had even more time to make the decission.

uranium
25th January 2011, 19:25
Correct me, if I am wrong, but did Delecour and Bouffier not run earlier on the road than Solberg and Hanninen? If they (Delecour/Bouffier) could get the informations needed to decide that winter and/or studs were the way to go, then Solberg and Hanninen had even more time to make the decission.
I didn't mean exactly both of them, despite my sympathy to Hanninen. I meant in general situation. I don't think anyway driving on snow and ice with slicks it is funny. I know what I am talking about.
As for Hanninen and Skoda - sad but true :( I don't know exactly by what part of body were they thinking, especially if they knew about snow...

PLuto
25th January 2011, 20:05
Photogallery from last day of Rallye Monte Carlo by Roman Kasparek - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11644

http://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/2665f738e66da3edb9796199c7087ad9.jpghttp://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/0db6b3bad8422ad5475fb3f8eec696e4.jpghttp://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/7ab28e08c1c7cff04363df3a6bd74606.jpg

PLuto
25th January 2011, 20:21
I made a small reconstruction of the most important day this year Monte - Thursday 20th January. It is in czech, but with translator I think you can understand a lot. And if not, it is very easy to watch pictures on the bottom.

And finally the link - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11642

uranium
25th January 2011, 21:29
I made a small reconstruction of the most important day this year Monte

Great job! Many thanks :cool:

PLuto
26th January 2011, 17:11
Another photogallery from Monte, now made by Petr Fryba - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11650

http://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/69b8519e1217c56027ad9853ba16cd8a.jpghttp://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/f05d17c52bcb24ce7c64afe439d0bfec.jpghttp://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/152280ebb3ca8d9d5030fda1b4e50f08.jpg

PLuto
26th January 2011, 17:49
I made a small reconstruction of the most important day this year Monte - Thursday 20th January. It is in czech, but with translator I think you can understand a lot. And if not, it is very easy to watch pictures on the bottom.

And finally the link - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11642

I have updated my article about tyre choice - now are added words of Michal Hrabanek and also view one of gravel crews...

http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11642

vespa63
26th January 2011, 17:57
Photos of SS 7 here : http://www.rally-news.fr/gallery/show/9764
Enjoy

rbatista82
27th January 2011, 10:15
More photos from Monte Carlo :)
http://www.supermotores.net/sm/fotos.asp?id=215
http://www.supermotores.net/sm/fotos.asp?id=214
http://www.supermotores.net/sm/fotos.asp?id=213

http://www.supermotores.net/sm/popup.asp?pasta=/images/galeria/&foto=jc2mc201100004.jpg

http://www.supermotores.net/sm/popup.asp?pasta=/images/galeria/&foto=jc2mc201100018.jpg

http://www.supermotores.net/sm/popup.asp?pasta=/images/galeria/&foto=jc2mc201100010.jpg

PLuto
27th January 2011, 15:25
Another gallery from Monte by Josef Petru - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11655

http://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/60ee33b6df6bd7094f244bff78eaa692.jpghttp://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/d210d19161cdf8b1a9014f4ed59f970f.jpghttp://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/203bc74c49a993d753b15766a15bfe84.jpghttp://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/8f762199e723662b894862fc52c523bc.jpg

PLuto
28th January 2011, 11:53
Videointerview with Francois Delecour after Rallye Monte Carlo 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuNpPdVPBPU

Valets
28th January 2011, 21:32
Poor Mikelsen and Solberg brothers.. :( Anyway, great win for Bouffier! :)

http://www.ircseries.com/html/Gallery_Details.asp?nome=Rally%20Monte%20Carlo%202 011&id=31

http://sportacentrs.com/futbols/citas_ligas/28012011-twente_i_pendeles_i_uzvar_psv_kopa_ar_aja

modri dirkac
29th January 2011, 05:29
Onboard Rok Turk (Citroen DS3 R3T) on the first stage and his crash!

http://www.avto-magazin.si/novice/sport/video-nesreca-turka-na-monteju/

Mirek
29th January 2011, 14:06
Photos of André Lavadinho: http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11674

http://www.autosport.cz/img/fotografie/b724d2c4e437e98c27ef335302adfbe2.jpg
http://www.autosport.cz/img/fotografie/1ed4461e1dfbeb177aaecb5217c3baaa.jpg
http://www.autosport.cz/img/fotografie/e3b6d5076c9be62c6c89c561a0eaea13.jpg

Mirek
29th January 2011, 15:18
Some videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-ukv9uaypg&feature=feedu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBiqHt42WUY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-0QOkwMVg
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgoeh7_rallye-monte-carlo-2011_sport with off of Freddy on SS6; just skip the opening with crappy "music" :D

Sébastien Vuillemard
29th January 2011, 19:26
Photos of Vuillemard Sébastien (www.VSrallye.fr): (http://www.VSrallye.fr%29:) http://www.vsrallye.fr/photos/Monte%20Carlo%202011/index.html

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/674763Bouffier.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=674763Bouffier.jpg)
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/900638Loix.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=900638Loix.jpg)
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/273109Mauffrey.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=273109Mauffrey.jpg)

Mirek
30th January 2011, 12:47
Another HD video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gkn5TGVEJo

31st January 2011, 09:01
Hey everyone, I have found links to all of the live coverage. Just PM me if you'd like them :)

PLuto
31st January 2011, 11:26
Video from second day of Rallye Monte Carlo by Nedbis (SS 5 and SS 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O9qd2yE4d4

Mirek
31st January 2011, 18:24
Onboards Štajf (SS4, 7,12): http://www.mediasport.cz/rally-cz/onboard-irc-videa
Video Nedbis 3rd leg (SS9, 10, 12): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITKrOvyTVEs&feature=player_embedded

Plhus
3rd February 2011, 09:12
Monte by Plhus .)

http://www.src.czechrallyeweb.net/pages/monte2011.htm (http://www.src.czechrallyeweb.net/pages/monte2011.htm)

uranium
3rd February 2011, 10:52
http://www.src.czechrallyeweb.net/images/monte2011/monte_15.jpg

Is it Peugeout or Skoda spares? ;-)

wwbroe
3rd February 2011, 15:29
http://www.src.czechrallyeweb.net/images/monte2011/monte_15.jpg

Is it Peugeout or Skoda spares? ;-)

Looks more like Renault spare pieces to me. :D

Mirek
10th February 2011, 18:18
I have a question... does anyone have some photos when we (Škoda Ultras) greeted white Škoda Yeti gravel crew on Col de Turini? It was between runs after football and other crazy things :D

PLuto
16th February 2011, 12:36
Finally our "best of Rallye Monte Carlo" video with also some interviews after finish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypo9JfiNqyw