PDA

View Full Version : What's Flav up to?

Retro Formula 1
13th September 2010, 15:40
The self styled playboy and cheat was on the grid at Monza this weekend.

What's Flav the Impaller up to?

Rumors of his link with Pirelli may be just a load of hot rubber but was there anything more to this visit than seeing his property win for the Tifosi?

Will we ever experience Mr Briatore's flamboyant, and some will claim overly dominating personality grace the Pits again?

Quite telling that he was walking about with no Pass on ;)

ioan
13th September 2010, 17:33
He's up to no good.

steveaki13
13th September 2010, 18:01
Martin Brundle asked him this question on his grid walk.

Brundle: Why are you on the grid?

Flab: Cos its Monza and Ferrari on pole.

Seems a bit to simple.... ;)

Watch this space.

Jag_Warrior
13th September 2010, 19:05
What's Flava Flav up to? Still fat and sweaty by the looks of it. :p

I'd much rather see Tom Walkinshaw come back than Flavio. Really!

UltimateDanGTR
13th September 2010, 19:52
flav is being a ______ (complete sentence as one wishes) as always.

F1boat
13th September 2010, 21:10
Martin Brundle asked him this question on his grid walk.

Brundle: Why are you on the grid?

Flab: Cos its Monza and Ferrari on pole.

Seems a bit to simple.... ;)

Watch this space.

He is a Ferrari fan now? LOL!

Dr. Krogshöj
13th September 2010, 21:14

By birth.

steveaki13
13th September 2010, 21:56

He would probably be a life long Virgin fan, if it mean't a chance of a return.

Roamy
14th September 2010, 01:30
Flav will be running Ferrari shortly

Saint Devote
14th September 2010, 02:04
The self styled playboy and cheat was on the grid at Monza this weekend.

What's Flav the Impaller up to?

:vader:
Who are you to point a fingerand slander Briatore like this?
What have you done in motor racing?

You are so smug in your accusations, pointing your finger, yet you know nothing about Flavio and worse you measure him based on a media portrait that focuses on a single incident where he was found guilty by a kangaroo court - later overturned by a proper court.

You sound like one of these gossip columnists that inhabit the rags of the world.

Show respect for a man that recognized and enabled two outstanding people to become double world champions - Schumi and Alonso.

In addition, you slander Briatore and therefore by default do the same to Mark Webber and Alonso as they publicly stood by Flavio, in Mark's case, despite threats from the FIA.

You are no different to those who do the same to Bernie - people who know nothing about him, who he is, but slavishly believe that which a corrupt and ignorant media feed up.

mstillhere
14th September 2010, 02:43

You are so smug in your accusations, pointing your finger, yet you know nothing about Flavio and worse you measure him based on a media portrait that focuses on a single incident where he was found guilty by a kangaroo court - later overturned by a proper court.

You sound like one of these gossip columnists that inhabit the rags of the world.

Show respect for a man that recognized and enabled two outstanding people to become double world champions - Schumi and Alonso.

In addition, you slander Briatore and therefore by default do the same to Mark Webber and Alonso as they publicly stood by Flavio, in Mark's case, despite threats from the FIA.

You are no different to those who do the same to Bernie - people who know nothing about him, who he is, but slavishly believe that which a corrupt and ignorant media feed up.

Well said.

Valve Bounce
14th September 2010, 03:03
He's up to no good.

You're damn right!! Sleazy Flav is probably up to his usual tricks again. I thought F1 was well rid of this bugger, but I was wrong.

Saint Devote
14th September 2010, 03:14
Well said.

Thank you :D

Saint Devote
14th September 2010, 03:23
You're damn right!! Sleazy Flav is probably up to his usual tricks again. I thought F1 was well rid of this bugger, but I was wrong.

You are very wrong.

The people in f1 are forgiving and generous people. They know that f1 is a business where mistakes can be made and tremendous pressure is brought to bear.

It is not the best thing to have a puritanical attitude towards f1 because teams have always sailed close to the wind.

The allegations against Flavio is the past.

He is a great character and someone with different ideas because he did not come up through the usual motor racing ranks - and it does make a big difference.

Whereever he went in pitlane other than to Renault, he was welcomed by all, because we know that the quintessential Flavio is good people and he is liked.

I would welcome him back in an active capacity and that he was at the grand prix is the most important signal that he has the approval of his friend and business partner, Bernie Ecclestone.

So be nice. Regardless what you believe he did, he did not do it to you and his positive attributes far outweigh the negative.

airshifter
14th September 2010, 03:40
Nothing to worry about. Flav was holding the "push to spin Massa" button for Ferrari, just in case Alonso needed to be faster again. :laugh:

I hope he never has direct involvement with the sport again.

Valve Bounce
14th September 2010, 04:01
You are very wrong.

To quote you: I don't care what you think!
End of discussion.

Valve Bounce
14th September 2010, 04:03
Nothing to worry about. Flav was holding the "push to spin Massa" button for Ferrari, just in case Alonso needed to be faster again. :laugh:

I hope he never has direct involvement with the sport again.

Do you think he might have been trying to discuss the optimum lap for Alonso to pit and for Massa to run into the wall? :p : :D :rotflmao:

pino
14th September 2010, 05:44
At Monza, Flavio told ital tv that he's done with F1, whether it's true or not...we'll see :p :

Valve Bounce
14th September 2010, 06:15
At Monza, Flavio told ital tv that he's done with F1, whether it's true or not...we'll see :p :

Good News! :up:

Robinho
14th September 2010, 07:23

when you show the same respect to everyone in the sport then we'll listen to you. You get on your high horse the moment someone dares criticize a past great or team member, regardless of what they may have said or done on this occasion, yet never hesitate to stick the boot into other drivers and teams, specifically recently Rubens (whiner, cry baby etc) and Hamilton. when you start applying your standards to everyone, not just who you choose to place on the pedestal in your head maybe others will do the same, until then your opinion of people like Flav is just that, your opinion, and no more valid than mine - which i maintain, there are way too many links to a shady underworld past in his back story to hold him up as a shining beacon in any respect and far too much controversy surrounding even his time in F1 for him to come up whiter than white.

I'm not arguing about his successes, nor even begrudging him them, but there is much more to his story than that

Robinho
14th September 2010, 07:26
oh, and do some research, albeit it will be in the dastardley media, but there are a lot more than one incident to raise suspicion.

and it is you sir, who sound like a gossip column, like some celebrity obessed teenager

Roamy
14th September 2010, 07:29
flavio is a slut of a man
desperately need to return to F1. Sauber is about as exciting as watching paint dry. We need to liven this show up a bit. Get ole JV back in here - Get Flav back. Get Sergio Rinland back. Come on lets boost the program. Get some slutty pit bitches in there too - right on the grid.

Retro Formula 1
14th September 2010, 09:22

I will show respect for whoever I deem worthy and don't need advice from someone like you.

For your information, Flav is a cheat, a liar and has been found guilty of such. Fanboys who think he is some great man are sadly misguided and naive in my opinion. It's not just in F1 that he troubles the courts. For example, his Super-yacht was seized just after Monaco this year for the crime of Contraband due to a multi-million pound tax evasion charge. This is a man you are defending. Are you deranged???

Prove slander or offer some evidence against what I have said or perhaps you would do us all a favour and button it. Oh yes, you're not too good at backing up things you claim are fact and are subsequently proven to be nothing more than fantasy.

So, you are welcome to keep your personal opinions and attacks to yourself and keep on the subject. This thread is about Briatore and not your irrelevant little crusades.

Besides, I haven't got a ban booked for at least a week so ciao. I cannot be bothered :p