9th September 2010, 08:50
Track Design and elevations apparently released too:

http://www.motorbeam.com/wp-content/uploads/3D_INDIA_GP_TRACK.jpg

Eki
9th September 2010, 09:21
Yman got his Grand Prix :up:

Valve Bounce
9th September 2010, 09:33
This will send the bookmakers into a frenzy!!

ZEROX
9th September 2010, 09:40
WOW!

Fast flowing track . I'll certainly looking forward to it .
I just hope that the turn 10 is a bank rather a u-curve but i don't think it'll be a bank curve... >.>

F1boat
9th September 2010, 09:55
Looks promising!

Rusty Spanner
9th September 2010, 13:18
The proposed 20 race 2011 calendar doesn't leave much room for adding the US GP in 2012. To avoid going over 20 races which generally seems to be the agreed limit amongst teams and even Bernie somewhere will have to go. Turkey possibly?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86470

UltimateDanGTR
9th September 2010, 16:47
after seeing that picture my optimism over how good the Indian Grand Prix has just risen quite a lot. The track looks better than it did on the 2D top down views for sure.

Sonic
9th September 2010, 20:14
Turn 10 looks interesting. A bit like spoon in reverse - perhaps there could even be a nasty camber change on exit....or is that just too much to hope for?

Another question that occurs to me having seen the last two track designs (Texas and this) is this; what's with all the up hill braking zones at the end of monster straights? T1 at Austin is steeply uphill and as is t4 on this layout - surely extending braking zones should be the key - not shortening them.

UltimateDanGTR
9th September 2010, 21:21
Turn 10 looks interesting. A bit like spoon in reverse - perhaps there could even be a nasty camber change on exit....or is that just too much to hope for?

Another question that occurs to me having seen the last two track designs (Texas and this) is this; what's with all the up hill braking zones at the end of monster straights? T1 at Austin is steeply uphill and as is t4 on this layout - surely extending braking zones should be the key - not shortening them.

true but such corners look like having fanastic exits...and that is always good in my book.

Saint Devote
10th September 2010, 02:09
Hockenheim has the "Spitzkurve", Suzuka the "Spooncurve" - will the Indian track have the "Currycurve"?

:-]

Mark
6th October 2010, 10:23
Lets hope the work on the track goes better than the preparations for the Commonwealth Games.

The state of the facilities there really has become an embarrassment and reflects badly on India as a whole. They'll get a second chance to show what they can do with the GP, lets hope they don't mess it up!

Ranger
6th October 2010, 10:33
Even then, will people turn up?

The Indian GP already has a big problem: It's just not cricket.

I am evil Homer
6th October 2010, 10:49
Mallen makes a good point...what will excite the locals to go? Sure India has a widening 'middle class' but will they fork out to watch F1? Or will it be the same 100 Bollywood stars amd moguls who go to all these sorts of events?

If they make the tickets cheap i'm sure it could attract people but it's going to take a huge marketing push that I guess Mallya will play a big part in.

ShiftingGears
6th October 2010, 10:55
The track layout looks like the butchered early 90's Kyalami, with longer straights and slower corners.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ed/Kyalami.svg/250px-Kyalami.svg.png
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f1/Jaypee_Group_Circuit.svg/220px-Jaypee_Group_Circuit.svg.png

CaptainRaiden
6th October 2010, 11:39
Even then, will people turn up?

The Indian GP already has a big problem: It's just not cricket.

Mallen makes a good point...what will excite the locals to go? Sure India has a widening 'middle class' but will they fork out to watch F1? Or will it be the same 100 Bollywood stars amd moguls who go to all these sorts of events?

If they make the tickets cheap i'm sure it could attract people but it's going to take a huge marketing push that I guess Mallya will play a big part in.

I've seen bigger interest and far better TV coverage of F1 races and MotoGP in India than any of the Eastern European countries, where people don't look beyond Football, and yet we have the Hungarian GP. They don't even show MotoGP on TV in Romania or Hungary! :(

Sure, Cricket is the biggest and weirdest obsession (which is extremely stupid IMO) with India, but with the right promotion I'm sure they can lure people to come and watch F1 cars race. There are as many rich folks ready to throw money on such spectacles as much as the "middle class" earning better with the growing economy, who won't mind spending money for their passion, and you throw in the population aspect, they could have a decent crowd show up on Race day, you never know.

Having said that, I highly doubt it will go through in 2011, because of the political corruption and bureaucracy in India, (i.e. comments like F1 is not a sport :rolleyes: ) and we'd very likely be seeing 19 races instead of 20.

maximilian
6th October 2010, 13:09
Now you know why Bernie is pushing for Chandhok to have a race seat, because he also undoubtedly would attract additional fans to the event. That said, I am not too worried about the attendance. There is plenty of money in India at the moment, and people are looking for things to spend it on. I also think the corruption will HELP the project (i.e. pay off the right people with the right connections, and all the permits will fall into place in time!), rather than hurt it. India now also has a point to prove, so I don't think this project will fail or be delayed by a year. It is run by an entirely different set of developers than the Commonwealth games anyways.

Koz
6th October 2010, 14:12
I've seen bigger interest and far better TV coverage of F1 races and MotoGP in India than any of the Eastern European countries, where people don't look beyond Football, and yet we have the Hungarian GP. They don't even show MotoGP on TV in Romania or Hungary! :(

Sure, Cricket is the biggest and weirdest obsession (which is extremely stupid IMO) with India, but with the right promotion I'm sure they can lure people to come and watch F1 cars race. There are as many rich folks ready to throw money on such spectacles as much as the "middle class" earning better with the growing economy, who won't mind spending money for their passion, and you throw in the population aspect, they could have a decent crowd show up on Race day, you never know.

I would question why it is in Noida more than anything else. That place is a ****hole and Delhi isn't all that much better. Wouldn't it be greater marketing at Mumbai or Kolkata?
Hell, if you had it in Goa it'd be an even bigger draw.

Dr. Krogshöj
6th October 2010, 15:47
The proposed 20 race 2011 calendar doesn't leave much room for adding the US GP in 2012. To avoid going over 20 races which generally seems to be the agreed limit amongst teams and even Bernie somewhere will have to go. Turkey possibly?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86470

Since Turkey's contract ends in 2011 it is a fair assumption.

i_max2k2
6th October 2010, 16:16
I would question why it is in Noida more than anything else. That place is a ****hole and Delhi isn't all that much better. Wouldn't it be greater marketing at Mumbai or Kolkata?

Well I think Noida is a pretty decent place, instead of actually using Kolkata, its developing very quickly, and its had Delhi's metro access, I don't see any other place better suited to this.

maximilian
6th October 2010, 16:21
Well I think Noida is a pretty decent place, instead of actually using Kolkata, its developing very quickly, and its had Delhi's metro access, I don't see any other place better suited to this.
Yeah, I wouldn't recommend Kolkata either, speaking of s***holes ;)

Sleeper
6th October 2010, 19:51
If thats a Tilke track then it'll probably be his best yet, love all the elevation change.

truefan72
6th October 2010, 20:33
If thats a Tilke track then it'll probably be his best yet, love all the elevation change.

agreed

Big Ben
6th October 2010, 20:51

Having said that, I highly doubt it will go through in 2011, because of the political corruption and bureaucracy in India, (i.e. comments like F1 is not a sport :rolleyes: ) and we'd very likely be seeing 19 races instead of 20.

I might be wrong but i thing the Hungarian GP is doing all right from that point of view. I think they gather a big crowd every year. F1 may not be a popular sport in any country in Eastern Europe but then again it´s the only race held in Eastern Europe.... the poles go there to see Kubica... the finns take it like their home race :p : and people from all around go to that race... I live 200 km away from Hungaroring so it´s the most probable place I'll go see a race live... so please leave it alone :p :

Dr. Krogshöj
6th October 2010, 22:33

They do show MotoGP in Hungary, as least on my television.

The F1 coverage does suck because the commentators are morons, but Grands Prix are by far the most watched sports broadcasts in this country. I don't have time to look up all the ratings but the Singapore Grand Prix was actually the 18th highest rated television programme of the week. In a country of 10 million people, it had 1,054,024 viewers and a 32.6% share. Football matches are not even covered on major networks.

And the Hungarian Grand Prix will stay. We have a contract through 2016 and the newly elected government is very supportive. Hungarian taxpayers pay an annual fee of $20 million+, but we get a lot of visitors from Poland, Finland, Austria, and now even from Russia, it is a big boost for tourism.

CaptainRaiden
7th October 2010, 12:48

I think they chose Noida because of more area available. I agree it most definitely is a ****hole. Mumbai or Kolkata is a no go, since they're already as crowded as they can be. Space is a problem in India, because when you squeeze over a billion people in an area lesser than USA, we have a problem. Goa actually is not a bad choice! It's only 30 minutes by flight from Mumbai, and already is one of the best tourist destinations in India.

CaptainRaiden
7th October 2010, 13:01
I might be wrong but i thing the Hungarian GP is doing all right from that point of view. I think they gather a big crowd every year. F1 may not be a popular sport in any country in Eastern Europe but then again it´s the only race held in Eastern Europe.... the poles go there to see Kubica... the finns take it like their home race :p : and people from all around go to that race... I live 200 km away from Hungaroring so it´s the most probable place I'll go see a race live... so please leave it alone :p :

Okay, I will. :laugh: Actually, I'm planning to go there maybe next year. Depends on how long I'll be staying here. With any luck and timing, I could probably see the Hungarian GP, British GP AND the Indian GP live.

They do show MotoGP in Hungary, as least on my television.

Please tell me on which channel! I've been dying to watch live MotoGP ever since I've been in this part of Europe. I watched a couple of them last year on M1 or M2 is it? But then they started showing it sporadically, many times delayed, sometimes only showing the 250cc race, because of Gabor Talmacsi, and not the MotoGP race! While we get superb coverage of all three classes in India, live.

This year I haven't seen any MotoGP race on the aforementioned channel, and they ought to at least show Moto2 since Gabor Talmacsi is there and riding pretty okay.

The F1 coverage does suck because the commentators are morons, but Grands Prix are by far the most watched sports broadcasts in this country. I don't have time to look up all the ratings but the Singapore Grand Prix was actually the 18th highest rated television programme of the week. In a country of 10 million people, it had 1,054,024 viewers and a 32.6% share. Football matches are not even covered on major networks.

That's good to know. And as far as the commentators go, I don't understand either language, but the Hungarian team are a far more enthusiastic bunch than the Romanian one. I watch it on RTL Club? If you switch to TVR 1 during an F1 race, it seems you're watching a funeral. Golf commentators do a better job than them!

And then there's the liar commentator (eu knows about that :p ). I think he said recently that he test drove all the F1 cars and Ferrari was the easiest to handle!!?!? :eek: This is what was translated to me by someone. I am SO glad I don't understand the language. I can't even imagine what other "facts" does he conjure up during a race. Can't somebody report this guy for bull$hit journalism?

Mark
7th October 2010, 14:05
Despite them seemingly constantly talking about cancelling Hungary, it's now one of the oldest Grand Prix on the calendar (24 years now) and long may it continue!

Dr. Krogshöj
7th October 2010, 14:45
Please tell me on which channel! I've been dying to watch live MotoGP ever since I've been in this part of Europe. I watched a couple of them last year on M1 or M2 is it?

All three classes are shown live on Digi Sport. I give you that it isn't available in a lot of homes because T-Home and UPC are trying to kill it, since it is owned by Digi TV, their competitor. So yeah, it is an unfortunate situation.

That's good to know. And as far as the commentators go, I don't understand either language, but the Hungarian team are a far more enthusiastic bunch than the Romanian one. I watch it on RTL Club? If you switch to TVR 1 during an F1 race, it seems you're watching a funeral. Golf commentators do a better job than them!

Sure the RTL Klub guys are enthusiastic, but their lack of in-depth knowledge, the lack constant flow of information from the pits, and sometimes ignoring even basic timing information makes it very annoying if you know a thing or two about F1. I'm not aware if there is a liar commentator because I'm listening to the BBC broadcast on their website via UK proxy.

Big Ben
7th October 2010, 14:58
All three classes are shown live on Digi Sport. I give you that it isn't available in a lot of homes because T-Home and UPC are trying to kill it, since it is owned by Digi TV, their competitor. So yeah, it is an unfortunate situation.

Sure the RTL Klub guys are enthusiastic, but their lack of in-depth knowledge, the lack constant flow of information from the pits, and sometimes ignoring even basic timing information makes it very annoying if you know a thing or two about F1. I'm not aware if there is a liar commentator because I'm listening to the BBC broadcast on their website via UK proxy.

Oh no... the liar is across the border.... there is a guy that is every driver 's best friend, he assess technical updates simply by looking at them... it's enuough for him to decide whether it's good or bad, he has coffee with MS, he advises the younger ones... and so on.

I'm sure the romanians are worse. Not only that they don't have any technical info, they have this liar with them as some kind of big expert, they can make the difference between replays and live action... they just can't keep track of the events.... at some point during the Singapore GP after almost everyone pitted they said it's time for the teams to start their first round of pitstops... how could they miss that? they are too busy talking about the driver's girlfriends and wives.... sorry for the rant... I have a very soft spot for these guys :laugh:

Well X-ecutioner, that's good news... Digi TV is a romanian channel :p :

CaptainRaiden
8th October 2010, 10:48

Well X-ecutioner, that's good news... Digi TV is a romanian channel :p :

Well, so then now I'll have to change to the whole Digi package to watch MotoGP, which doesn't make sense because I won't be here for too long. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait one day and look at "other" avenues. :D

30th August 2011, 16:32
Have you been considering buying Skoda Laura RS but have some queries. Reach out to Skoda Experts on live chat on 31 August, 2011 from 4pm - 6pm on www.skodalaurars.co.in (http://www.skodalaurars.co.in/)

henners88
30th August 2011, 17:17
I'm interested in a Trabant with a hamster in the glovebox. Got any of those?