PDA

View Full Version : Karun Chandhok Drives Red Bull in Korean F1 Circuit

truefan72
4th September 2010, 20:43
video 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irrpb9TqbGw
video 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCupIUU7GmM
video 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4Fg5QBxGTQ

looks like the track still has some minor work left to be done.
not much to see in the vids, but eh, its F1 right? so any video is a good video

Karun gives it a thumbs up.

Needs to work on his doughnuts though ;)

Koz
5th September 2010, 03:39
Why is he driving it?

Saint Devote
5th September 2010, 04:36
Why is he driving it?

:D Because all the real racing drivers are preparing for Monza!

CaptainRaiden
5th September 2010, 09:28
Why is he driving it?

Is there a problem with him driving it? :confused:

ShiftingGears
5th September 2010, 09:49
Why is he driving it?

He was loaned to RBR as their drivers were unavailable.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86362

ioan
5th September 2010, 12:44
Why is he driving it?

Why not?!

DazzlaF1
5th September 2010, 17:29
Well Hispania would be daft to drop Chandhok for Korea as he's now the only man with any sort of knowledge of the track :D

Seriously though, it looks OK, not finished obviously but like you say ioan, just some minor work to do

gloomyDAY
5th September 2010, 18:02
I hope this isn't another Chinese GP!

My goodness, that track is sooooooooooooo boring.

woody2goody
5th September 2010, 19:34

Nothing wrong with Shanghai at all.

This track looks interesting, and another positive is that Karun finally gets to drive a decent car! :)

truefan72
5th September 2010, 19:41

and you discerned that from this video of him leaving the garage and going down the start finish straight?

why don't you wait until after the race to launch into the typical, new tracks in new places are boring and not worthy rant.

I for one like all the tracks except for the new hockenheim. Besides a track is only as good as the action on it. Spa is my favorite, but some might have called sunday's race fairly processional except for the vettel incident. So is Spa a boring track?

truefan72
5th September 2010, 19:42
Nothing wrong with Shanghai at all.

This track looks interesting, and another positive is that Karun finally gets to drive a decent car! :)

yep, on all 3 points

:up:

woody2goody
5th September 2010, 20:56
and you discerned that from this video of him leaving the garage and going down the start finish straight?

why don't you wait until after the race to launch into the typical, new tracks in new places are boring and not worthy rant.

I for one like all the tracks except for the new hockenheim. Besides a track is only as good as the action on it. Spa is my favorite, but some might have called sunday's race fairly processional except for the vettel incident. So is Spa a boring track?

It irks me how lots of people say Bahrain is boring when there has been one fairly dull race there out of 7 (2010). Even in that race there was the drama with Vettel's car which made it interesting.

truefan72
7th September 2010, 06:26
It irks me how lots of people say Bahrain is boring when there has been one fairly dull race there out of 7 (2010). Even in that race there was the drama with Vettel's car which made it interesting.

yep

it is a herd like statement and sentiment to bash new tracks, exotic location and interesting venues. These thoughts,I feel, come from pundits in the media and trickle down tot he fans who are all too happy to regurgitate those opinions.

I judge each track on its own and avoid sweeping statements about entire regions of the world as to their worthiness to host GP races.

I am glad for the Korean GP and look forward to the Indian and Russian GP added to the Calendar along with the return of the US GP in the next few years.

That's what makes F1 special, a truly global series with exotic locations, different tracks and different conditions.

Sonic
7th September 2010, 10:05
That's what makes F1 special, a truly global series with exotic locations, different tracks and different conditions.

Bravo!

My only complaint is we have the same man designing all the tracks so whether we are in South Korea or Mongolia the layouts are much for muchness. Variation in location should be spiced up with variation in design team.

maximilian
7th September 2010, 13:02
What's with the street circuit-like walls on the side of the track in a lot of places? Seems counterproductive to make a road circuit "more like a street curcuit" - we have too many of those pinball alleys already!

Dr. Krogshöj
7th September 2010, 15:56
What's with the street circuit-like walls on the side of the track in a lot of places? Seems counterproductive to make a road circuit "more like a street curcuit" - we have too many of those pinball alleys already!

So that people don't complain about the enermous paved runoff areas. On the other hand, F1 fans will always find something to complain about.

truefan72
7th September 2010, 22:28
Bravo!

My only complaint is we have the same man designing all the tracks so whether we are in South Korea or Mongolia the layouts are much for muchness. Variation in location should be spiced up with variation in design team.

that I wholeheartedly agree with. Tilke tracks need to end. As imaginative as one thinks they are, eventually all their stuff ends up with similarities. Like an architect whose buildings get recognized, tilke tracks too, have a certain annoying similarity.

Lets hope that new designers come to the forefront soon.

truefan72
7th September 2010, 22:29

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86449

here is the latest video highlighting your point. I do agree somewhat that less concrete would make for a more picturesque track

wedge
8th September 2010, 11:33
Hungaroring/string section with Tilkedrome straights bolted on.

I can see this being dull to watch.

jens
9th September 2010, 19:01
I don't know why, but I got an estorilesque feeling, while watching Chandhok's onboard lap. So perhaps the track turns out to be quite interesting for racing.