PDA

View Full Version : Bruce McLaren Documentary

Whoosher76
2nd September 2010, 02:10
2010 marks the 40th anniversary of the tragic passing of Kiwi Bruce McLaren. As such I am producing a television documentary on Bruce and his amazing achievements. The program is nearing completion and will be released later this year. Through the process I have encountered many fans who have their own stories, photos and old film of Bruce and his exploits in Can Am and Formula One. I am very eager to hear from anyone who thinks they have unique photo's or video of Bruce competing that could be utilised within the program. If you are keen to dust off those old albums and put them to good use, then here's the opportunity.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Best,
Greg Miles
Executive Producer

markabilly
2nd September 2010, 02:14
check the archives for my old posts in chit chat about riverside 67, and how he hung up cars going to practice, to sign an autograpgh for me, a snot nosed kid at the time

Easy Drifter
2nd September 2010, 03:43
I didn't know Bruce all that well although I talked to him several times. I had been a fan from Cooper days.
I did spend a good half hour talking with Chris Amon at St Jovite when he drove for Bruce and got good advice from him. Bruce politely intervened to get Chris to go get in the car!

gloomyDAY
2nd September 2010, 05:27
I didn't know Bruce all that well although I talked to him several times. I had been a fan from Cooper days.
I did spend a good half hour talking with Chris Amon at St Jovite when he drove for Bruce and got good advice from him. Bruce politely intervened to get Chris to go get in the car!Do you have any pictures with yourself and Bruce or any other F1 figures for that matter?

Easy Drifter
2nd September 2010, 06:51
No pictures. I do have some racing pictures of myself driving with well known drivers such as George Eaton and Eppie Wietzes also in the pictures.
Basically as I was in the 60's a driver and later in the 70's a wrench on F Atlantic just wasn't interested in pictures of the people. I also did tech on F1 and Can Am cars if we were not also racing.
When you are around at the track and usually working all the time pictures aren't important.

Mark
2nd September 2010, 07:56
2010 marks the 40th anniversary of the tragic passing of Kiwi Bruce McLaren. As such I am producing a television documentary on Bruce and his amazing achievements. The program is nearing completion and will be released later this year. Through the process I have encountered many fans who have their own stories, photos and old film of Bruce and his exploits in Can Am and Formula One. I am very eager to hear from anyone who thinks they have unique photo's or video of Bruce competing that could be utilised within the program. If you are keen to dust off those old albums and put them to good use, then here's the opportunity.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Best,
Greg Miles
Executive Producer

What country is this in? Are you working on behalf of any particular TV channel?
Any documentary about Bruce McLaren would be incomplete without interviews with the current McLaren bosses i.e. either Ron Dennis or Martin Whitmarsh, I assume you have secured those? If not I wouldn't bother...

Easy Drifter
2nd September 2010, 09:23
Ron Dennis in particular as Bruce was just really getting his F1 team going when Ron was a F1 mechanic with Cooper.

Whoosher76
3rd September 2010, 04:54
Hi Mark,
I am based in Australia and am an independent producer. The focus of the program is on Bruce's achievements and the legacy he left behind. Take your point on board re Ron Dennis - his success after taking over the team is well known and well documented. Best, Greg

Mark
3rd September 2010, 08:10
Hi Mark,
I am based in Australia and am an independent producer. The focus of the program is on Bruce's achievements and the legacy he left behind. Take your point on board re Ron Dennis - his success after taking over the team is well known and well documented. Best, Greg

I'm just hoping it will be a good quality documentary. As we've all seen these extremely poor docus on the Bio channel which are basically a sequence of still photos with a voice over!