PDA

View Full Version : You know times are bad when ....

Hazell B
24th August 2010, 21:40
Ann Summers are having a sale :p :

The other day I was getting into my vehicle at the stables when I realised the lane outside was blocked by a parked car. Walking out of the gate to see who owned it, I spotted two people in the field next door filling a bin bag each with some unbaled straw.

Calmly, I leaned on their little Fiat and waited for them to steal their fill. Eventually they spotted me and started to look rather sorry for themselves.

"So, do a lot of stealing, do you?"
"Errr"
"You've spent how much on bin bags and petrol? Then stolen perhaps 50p worth of straw. Morons!" I smiled.

If they'd just asked, they'd have been given a whole bale by the landowner, but instead they'd decided to just nick it ... and gotten themselves caught :mark:

Still, it finally gave me the chance to shout "NOW GET OFF MY LAND!" at somebody :D

Can things really be so bad that people steal a few coppers' worth of pet bedding (without any thought that it's cost them more than buying it)? And now I hear Ann Summers are having a sale on vibrators.

Jeez, times must be bad :eek:

Mark in Oshawa
24th August 2010, 23:02
Ann Summers are having a sale :p :

The other day I was getting into my vehicle at the stables when I realised the lane outside was blocked by a parked car. Walking out of the gate to see who owned it, I spotted two people in the field next door filling a bin bag each with some unbaled straw.

Calmly, I leaned on their little Fiat and waited for them to steal their fill. Eventually they spotted me and started to look rather sorry for themselves.

"So, do a lot of stealing, do you?"
"Errr"
"You've spent how much on bin bags and petrol? Then stolen perhaps 50p worth of straw. Morons!" I smiled.

If they'd just asked, they'd have been given a whole bale by the landowner, but instead they'd decided to just nick it ... and gotten themselves caught :mark:

Still, it finally gave me the chance to shout "NOW GET OFF MY LAND!" at somebody :D

Can things really be so bad that people steal a few coppers' worth of pet bedding (without any thought that it's cost them more than buying it)? And now I hear Ann Summers are having a sale on vibrators.

Jeez, times must be bad :eek:

Hazell...that post just made my day!!!

Eki
25th August 2010, 05:53

Maybe the two things are connected? Did you hear any buzzing?

Mark
25th August 2010, 08:24
Much like the people who buy things second hand from ebay for more than they'd pay for a brand new example in the shop..

GridGirl
25th August 2010, 08:53
I usually frequent more classier places than Ann Summers but from walking past their shops they always have sales on. It's not anything new, infact I'd probably go as far as saying they have a permanent sale on with the exception of the run up to Christmas and Valentines. :s

There was a feature on my local news either this week or last saying how there has been a ridiculous increase in the amount of straw or hay being stolen. One of the recomenndations was to de-bale the hay as such to make it harder to steal. Obviously your theives come ready loaded with bin bags anyway. From what what I gather Hazell, you seem to live in a interesting area to say the least but stealing hay seems to be a big problem everywhere. That or it was a really slow night for local news.

GridGirl
25th August 2010, 08:55
Much like the people who buy things second hand from ebay for more than they'd pay for a brand new example in the shop..

When they Ipad first came out did you seem how much they were going for on Amazon and Ebay? Jeez, wait a few weeks, but it from Apple when they stocks come back in and save yourself a couple of hundred pounds. Stoooopid!

MrJan
25th August 2010, 08:58
That or it was a really slow night for local news.

Slow? In Devon we'd consider that a huge breaking story, possibly with live reports from the scene of the crime :D Mind you it seems that in Coventry a woman putting a cat in a bin is worthy of as much fuss as someone cutting off the Queen's head...