PDA

View Full Version : Your very own country

Drew
19th August 2010, 22:14
Me and my friends can't be the only ones that discuss this all the time, especially when drunk. Running the country is just like running your team, you think you can do a better job than they can. So without ending up in a liberal v conservative slagging match, what is your country, where is it, what would you do / change, how would it be run?

I have 2. The first one would involve me reuniting Yugoslavia and renaming it Drewgoslavia and leave things as they pretty much were. As you can guess, this generally gets mentioned after alot of vodka / rum.

The second one would be independence for Devon, my county. Salcombe would be the capital and all the second home owners would be kicked out. I would build new train lines and Autobahns (no speed limit ;) ) I'd build a huge port in Plymouth, get rid of Plymouth airport and expand Exeter's. But the main policy would be an economic blocade on Cornwall, all bridges and roads would be severed. People's happyness would play an important part in all decisions made by the government. Cider would be lowly taxed, if taxed at all. Capital punishment would be brought back for the most serious of crimes and for those who have devon cream teas the wrong way around. Ok so most of that only made sense to Jan, but hey :p :

Tell me I'm not the only one?

Brown, Jon Brow
19th August 2010, 22:33
So what were you drinking tonight then, Drew?

Wade91
20th August 2010, 04:53
ok, i just though about this for awhile, heres what i would do here in the US

i would build sone autobahns (same as Drew)

i would lower the minimum drinking age to 18

and i would devise a open market teens and parents, basicly how this would work is, there would be a orginazation that teens ages: 16-21 could contact to find new parents, the orginazation would have buses that would go around picking up teens that are looking for new parents, and would take them to a special appartment complex where they would live temporarly, at this point the the parents would have no longer have any legal rights over the teens that make this decision, and no approvel by the parents would be required by the teens nor the orginazation for this to happen,

the teens who choose to contact the orginazation and be taken away from home, would basicly be placed on a open market for $10 each, BUT the teens would have to approve the purchase and they could put themselvs back on the market at anytime until they are 21 years of age,

the $10 would go torwards keeping the orginazation running, and NOT the the teens,

alot of people who would like to adopt small children but cant/dont want to because of high fees and mountions of paper work could use this system to adopt teens instead, sence it would be hastle-free and only $10

in order for someone to purchase one of these teens, they would have to make a offer to them telling them what kinda life they would provide for them, if the offer is better than the life they had with their previous parents, they would most likely except it, and of course the parents of the teens who decided to put themselvs on the market could always try to purchace new teens,

RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THIS SYSTEM (for teens)

it would be open to all teens ages 16-21 who still live at home

if a teen leaves home, but then later moves back in before they reach the age of 21, they are again elegable,

a teen can put themselvs on the open market as many time as thay desire until they reach the age of 21 as long as they still live at home

RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THIS SYSTEM (for adults who wanna buy teens)

the system is open to all adults ages 36-55 who own a home

Bob Riebe
20th August 2010, 06:03
[quote="Wade91"]ok, i just about thought this for awhile, here's what US would do here in i

i would autobahn build sone US ( as same Drew)

i would drinking minimum the lower 18 to age

and open i would devise teens parents, work is, there would be that teen: 16-12 could contact to find the orginazation buses that would go around parents, and would special to a appartment where complex they would live point the the parents would have temporarily longer have any legal over no teens rights make that decision, and no no approvel the by parents be would by the teens required the nororginazation happen, to for this

choose the teens who to contact the orginazation and be taken away from home, would basicly be placed on a open market for $10 each, BUT the teens would purchase have to the thenmselves approve and they could put themselvs back on the anytime until they are age years of 21,

the would go keeping the $10 orginazation running, and teens TEENS the not,

people of alot who would l adopt small like children but cant/dont to want to because of fee highs and mountians work paper could $10 the system this use sence adopt teens would instead hastle free-be the.

purchase in teens order for someone to one of these, would they have to make a offer to them telling them what kinda life they would provide for them, if the offer is better than the life they had with their previous parents, except it they would most likely, and of course the teens who parents decided to put themselvs on the market could always purchase new teens,

it to would open all teens who still live at home 12-21

back move if a teen leaves home, but then in later before they elegable reach the age of 21, they are again,

a teen can put on many time themselvs the desire the open as market as until they 21 reach the long at age of as they as still home live

system is adults own home ages 36 open a 55 the who

I fixed the grammar for you Wade

Mark in Oshawa
20th August 2010, 06:11
ok, i just about thought this for awhile, here's what US would do here in i

i would autobahn build sone US ( as same Drew)

i would drinking minimum the lower 18 to age

and open i would devise teens parents, work is, there would be that teen: 16-12 could contact to find the orginazation buses that would go around parents, and would special to a appartment where complex they would live point the the parents would have temporarily longer have any legal over no teens rights make that decision, and no no approvel the by parents be would by the teens required the nororginazation happen, to for this

choose the teens who to contact the orginazation and be taken away from home, would basicly be placed on a open market for $10 each, BUT the teens would purchase have to the thenmselves approve and they could put themselvs back on the anytime until they are age years of 21,

the would go keeping the $10 orginazation running, and teens TEENS the not,

people of alot who would l adopt small like children but cant/dont to want to because of fee highs and mountians work paper could $10 the system this use sence adopt teens would instead hastle free-be the.

purchase in teens order for someone to one of these, would they have to make a offer to them telling them what kinda life they would provide for them, if the offer is better than the life they had with their previous parents, except it they would most likely, and of course the teens who parents decided to put themselvs on the market could always purchase new teens,

it to would open all teens who still live at home 12-21

back move if a teen leaves home, but then in later before they elegable reach the age of 21, they are again,

a teen can put on many time themselvs the desire the open as market as until they 21 reach the long at age of as they as still home live

system is adults own home ages 36 open a 55 the who

I fixed the grammar for you Wade

Aw Gee Bob, it ruins all the fun I was going to have....

Brown, Jon Brow
20th August 2010, 13:13
My country would be called the United Kingdom of Great Britain and the Rest of the Word.

Daniel
20th August 2010, 13:27
In my country most offences would attract the death penalty. It would be very orderly OR very quiet :)

UltimateDanGTR
20th August 2010, 19:25
my own country would have a dress code in all public places-no tracksuits (unless in a sporting facility obviously) no stupid earings on garry boys etc. plus everyone should be elequant and well spoken, no stupid accents, and not present themselves as common, chavy or smelly, decent clothes and no salty or unwashed hair. breaking these rules would be classed 'anti-social' and short stints in prison ensuing.

primark, wilkinson's etc would have to present themselves, their shops, their staff better. and if shops are to seel cheap goods, they have to avoid tacky presentation. this goes for all these kebab houses and stupid fast food sh*tholes you see nowadays.

litter droppers would be put in prison for a week.

you lose your human rights if you murder someone.

regeneration programs would be embarked on in towns with horrible ugly buildings, and solar or other renewable energy power would be a requirement for regenerated buildings.

if you turn up to a hospital drunk, you will be charged the costs of whatever they do to you, and bad language and disrespecting hospital staff will get you chucked out of the hospital, even if you will bleed to death. ofcourse, if you were druunk, you'd break the eleqution rule, and that would be unaccpetable, ofcourse.

serious encouragement for households to use renewable energy.

all homes must be presented smartly.

benefit thieves would be sentenced to life imprisonment.

life imprisonment would mean exactly that.

all in all, my little nation would be very middle class and classy, even the working class would have to seem this way. yes, poncey and facist.

but more importantly, not common. and british towns could actually have some class. although they wouldnt be in britain would they, since it would be my own country. the republic of suffolk it is then.

Tomi
20th August 2010, 19:31
My country would be called the United Kingdom of Great Britain and the Rest of the Word.

Dont you think Incest Island would be a more rightful name? ;)

Captain VXR
20th August 2010, 23:31
I'd have child rapists and serial killers executed
All Police would drive either Vauxhall VXR8s, Mitsubishi Evos or Jaguar XF-Rs, no sh**ty Astra diesels here
The entire BNP and English Defence League memberships will be euthanised and replaced by hard working foreigners
Motorways would have 5 lanes - 50mph, 60mph, 70mph, 80mph, 90mph so therefore you get in a lane and stick to its speed limit, therefore getting rid of lane hogs
All vehicles will be equipped with rear facing rocket launchers to deal with tailgaters
People who move next to race circuits, concert halls, airports etc and complain about noise will have all of their internal organs donated to the NHS
Chav cars will be banned
People who slate decently modified cars as 'chav' will be banned
The Hells Angels will become official security at the 2012 Olympics
Full gay marriage will be aloud, any UK citizen who disagrees will share a prison cell with a homosexual rapist for life, and foreigners who disagree will be immediately deported
All education will be secular and state-ran - prestigious schools like Eton will become state schools catering for the exceptionally gifted
Foushto and Eki will have a fight to the death, wearing only a cricket box
Mountain Dew will become a human right
Effigies of Fred Phelps, Geert Wilders, Osama bin Laden and Robert Mugabe will be burned daily outside of the embassies of the countries they come from
Melksham and Trowbridge will be turned into prisons
All foreign dignitaries are to be transported around in perfect replicas of General Lee, complete with crazy drivers with lots of experience rallying/drifting/presenting Top Gear
The Prime Minister (me) gets a fleet of Ferrari Enzos painted in all the colours of the rainbow, and an Aston Rapide for trips to Sainsbury'sTescoMorrisonsAsdaCooperative
Tony Blair will be made to wear a corset, man thong and fishnet stockings while being spanked in public by Gordon Brown, who will be wearing an adult nappy *retches*
Notable British and Northern Irish scientists, sportspeople, inventors and TV personalities such as Richard Dawkins, Andy Priaulx, James Dyson and Jeremy Clarkson will be given roles in government - science minister, sports minister, technology minister and transport minister respectively
All MPs have to commute to Westminster on Boris Bikes every day, even if they live in Hull
All soldiers and civilian heroes will be given a brand new Nissan GTR as a token of gratitude
The BTCC will become a national sport
Benefit cheats will be sterillised
Finally, Liverpudlian and Geordie accents will be outlawed

UltimateDanGTR
21st August 2010, 08:54
I'd have child rapists and serial killers executed
All Police would drive either Vauxhall VXR8s, Mitsubishi Evos or Jaguar XF-Rs, no sh**ty Astra diesels here
The entire BNP and English Defence League memberships will be euthanised and replaced by hard working foreigners
Motorways would have 5 lanes - 50mph, 60mph, 70mph, 80mph, 90mph so therefore you get in a lane and stick to its speed limit, therefore getting rid of lane hogs
All vehicles will be equipped with rear facing rocket launchers to deal with tailgaters
People who move next to race circuits, concert halls, airports etc and complain about noise will have all of their internal organs donated to the NHS
Chav cars will be banned
People who slate decently modified cars as 'chav' will be banned
The Hells Angels will become official security at the 2012 Olympics
Full gay marriage will be aloud, any UK citizen who disagrees will share a prison cell with a homosexual rapist for life, and foreigners who disagree will be immediately deported
All education will be secular and state-ran - prestigious schools like Eton will become state schools catering for the exceptionally gifted
Foushto and Eki will have a fight to the death, wearing only a cricket box
Mountain Dew will become a human right
Effigies of Fred Phelps, Geert Wilders, Osama bin Laden and Robert Mugabe will be burned daily outside of the embassies of the countries they come from
Melksham and Trowbridge will be turned into prisons
All foreign dignitaries are to be transported around in perfect replicas of General Lee, complete with crazy drivers with lots of experience rallying/drifting/presenting Top Gear
The Prime Minister (me) gets a fleet of Ferrari Enzos painted in all the colours of the rainbow, and an Aston Rapide for trips to Sainsbury'sTescoMorrisonsAsdaCooperative
Tony Blair will be made to wear a corset, man thong and fishnet stockings while being spanked in public by Gordon Brown, who will be wearing an adult nappy *retches*
Notable British and Northern Irish scientists, sportspeople, inventors and TV personalities such as Richard Dawkins, Andy Priaulx, James Dyson and Jeremy Clarkson will be given roles in government - science minister, sports minister, technology minister and transport minister respectively
All MPs have to commute to Westminster on Boris Bikes every day, even if they live in Hull
All soldiers and civilian heroes will be given a brand new Nissan GTR as a token of gratitude
The BTCC will become a national sport
Benefit cheats will be sterillised
Finally, Liverpudlian and Geordie accents will be outlawed

apart from the highlighted, (which is disgusting for everyone involved and i do not want to see that, nor does anyone else. just stick them both with louis spence for the day instead) this is an excellent list, and we should take over britain together :s mokin:

Mr. Mister
22nd August 2010, 04:16
My nation would be invite-only, which would solve 99.99% of all issues. Beyond that, I'd just use common sense and the interest of the residents to make a few laws (one specific one would have to be a license to reproduce; eliminates the Wades of the world) and otherwise keep out.

UltimateDanGTR
22nd August 2010, 08:41
Id also give the police the right to assualt a suspect if need be when arresting them, unlike in the UK.

and if you have a criminal record, you are not allowed in the country. if there arent enough jobs for you, you cannot come in.

F1boat
22nd August 2010, 09:26

haha, that's good!
No idea what to do with my country, though. Probably will have to export many imbeciles out of it...

Jag_Warrior
23rd August 2010, 19:35
and i would devise a open market teens and parents, basicly how this would work is, there would be a orginazation that teens ages: 16-21 could contact to find new parents, the orginazation would have buses that would go around picking up teens that are looking for new parents, and would take them to a special appartment complex where they would live temporarly, at this point the the parents would have no longer have any legal rights over the teens that make this decision, and no approvel by the parents would be required by the teens nor the orginazation for this to happen,

the teens who choose to contact the orginazation and be taken away from home, would basicly be placed on a open market for $10 each, BUT the teens would have to approve the purchase and they could put themselvs back on the market at anytime until they are 21 years of age,

the $10 would go torwards keeping the orginazation running, and NOT the the teens,

alot of people who would like to adopt small children but cant/dont want to because of high fees and mountions of paper work could use this system to adopt teens instead, sence it would be hastle-free and only $10

in order for someone to purchase one of these teens, they would have to make a offer to them telling them what kinda life they would provide for them, if the offer is better than the life they had with their previous parents, they would most likely except it, and of course the parents of the teens who decided to put themselvs on the market could always try to purchace new teens,

it would be open to all teens ages 16-21 who still live at home

if a teen leaves home, but then later moves back in before they reach the age of 21, they are again elegable,

a teen can put themselvs on the open market as many time as thay desire until they reach the age of 21 as long as they still live at home

the system is open to all adults ages 36-55 who own a home

Great idea, Wade! Say, the next time you're on YouTube, let Hannah Minx know that you've found a "daddy" for her. That would make me very ureshii!

Konichiwa!

harsha
23rd August 2010, 20:30
ban hip-hop and call idiotic pop trash that masquerades as music

gloomyDAY
24th August 2010, 01:35
Only university girls can attend nude beaches: Check.

All done!

Captain VXR
24th August 2010, 20:14

All done!

Does that include those with a body mass index of 40?

Garry Walker
24th August 2010, 20:18
Does that include those with a body mass index of 40?

As a good friend of mine used to say - more cushin for the pushin :D

Now, where is the bucket for me to vomit in.

UltimateDanGTR
24th August 2010, 20:45

All done!

I like it, but id go further. rule 1 of my country:

NO fat chicks.

Drew
24th August 2010, 22:29

All done!

What about girls that skipped university and went straight into lap dancing? :p :

Mark in Oshawa
24th August 2010, 23:03
What about girls that skipped university and went straight into lap dancing? :p :

You mean those girls on St. Catharine Street In Montreal!!!!

I think Quebec may have elements of Gloomy's perfect world....

Drew
25th August 2010, 01:10
You mean those girls on St. Catharine Street In Montreal!!!!

I think Quebec may have elements of Gloomy's perfect world....

I better add it to my list of places to visit, then ;)

emporer_k
30th August 2010, 10:54
If I ran my own country:

1. The DFS sale would end.
2. All football clubs would be nationalised and run by their fans.
3. There would be autobahn type motorways.
4. There would also be a proper high speed rail network.
5. Criminals would have their ill gotten gains seized (even if theyve put them in comeone elses name)
6. Any kind of tax dodging would carry a minimum 50 years in jail.
7. Anybody that says rising house prices are good may be kicked repeatedly in the face by anyone that works full time but cant afford their own home.

markabilly
2nd September 2010, 04:01
ban pino and so many others i can not list them all, including mark, (but not the other canada mark) and that little squekie eki......but not donKey, cause I need someone to entertain my dog and keep him sexually satisfied.....

The result would mean no more stupid jealous arguments and comments from wounded egos who can not deal with the fact that I am always right all the time

and Easy, he would be chief executioneer and Ioan would be chief spokesperson and excuse maker for ferrari, even though he longer wants the job......Tough job, but somebody's got to do it.

markabilly
2nd September 2010, 04:13
And Easy would start on him for this:

On a serious not I do agree with your execution point. :)

was that suppose to be a not as in no, or a knot as in this upon your head after this

:arrows:

as in knocking the sense into the head

Roamy
2nd September 2010, 05:20
If we hand one ounce of brain in our government or matter of fact the private sector we would buy Baja from Mexico. Matter of fact I would start a new country. Now that I have said this maybe I should see if I can make a offer. :)

Camelopard
2nd September 2010, 12:02
No religion especially those who think they are better than everyone else as they believe they have been touched by the hand of a so called god.

No creationist crap, no whingers, nobody without a sense of humour, no terrorists nor their supporters and definitely no Holdens.

Also, no thin skinned people who can't take a joke, no people who have an overly inflated opinion of their own self importance, in particular those from canadaland that insist on making vacuous ill informed statements about all and sundry even though they have never been anywhere, nor done anything...............

Everybody must drink beer and red wine and eat pizza. Definitely no chardonay. No smoking at all, especially no tobacco, (disgusting habit).

Only one language spoken and that is strine..............

In my country health care would be free for all............... and everyone pays their fair share of tax....................... no exceptions.

Monty Python, Top Gear, Get Smart and Hogan's Heroes would be on endless repeats on 'pay' TV. (whoops, that happens already...)

Speaking of TV, definitely no programmes glamourising tattoos, no cRAP, nor hip-hop music(?), no 'boy' bands either, 'girl' bands are ok if they have big assets.

(Anyone I haven't upset yet?)

One last thing, no kiwis................ unless they play for and barrack for the Wallabies.........

markabilly
2nd September 2010, 13:28
No religion especially those who think they are better than everyone else as they believe they have been touched by the hand of a so called god.

No creationist crap, no whingers, nobody without a sense of humour, no terrorists nor their supporters and definitely no Holdens.

Also, no thin skinned people who can't take a joke, no people who have an overly inflated opinion of their own self importance, in particular those from canadaland that insist on making vacuous ill informed statements about all and sundry even though they have never been anywhere, nor done anything...............

Everybody must drink beer and red wine and eat pizza. Definitely no chardonay. No smoking at all, especially no tobacco, (disgusting habit).

Only one language spoken and that is strine..............

In my country health care would be free for all............... and everyone pays their fair share of tax....................... no exceptions.

Monty Python, Top Gear, Get Smart and Hogan's Heroes would be on endless repeats on 'pay' TV. (whoops, that happens already...)

Speaking of TV, definitely no programmes glamourising tattoos, no cRAP, nor hip-hop music(?), no 'boy' bands either, 'girl' bands are ok if they have big assets.

(Anyone I haven't upset yet?)

One last thing, no kiwis................ unless they play for and barrack for the Wallabies.........
errr me. you need to try harder, dude.
I hope this is not the best you can do :D .

Besides there will always be religion in some form, it maybe jewish, moslem or it may be marxism, capitalism, markabillieism or whatever, but it will always be around in some form

Camelopard
2nd September 2010, 23:26
errr me. you need to try harder, dude.
I hope this is not the best you can do :D .

I'm sure I included you in the list above........................ :)

gadjo_dilo
6th September 2010, 14:15
I have some interesting ideas but I'm afraid they're too radical to be expressed on this forum. :laugh:

UltimateDanGTR
7th September 2010, 21:28
I have some interesting ideas but I'm afraid they're too radical to be expressed on this forum. :laugh:

actually, please do.

anyone who is insulted by anything you say can stuff themselves and then write to the daily mail.