PDA

View Full Version : Samsung

pino
8th March 2007, 13:39
Guys I need some help, I've decided to buy a DVD recorder, and found a very nice one from Samsung (model HR 738) with a 250 gb hardisk for a resonable price. The problem is that I've never owned a Samsung machine ( tv-video etc.. ) before, so are they any good ?

Thanks in advance :D

Mark
8th March 2007, 13:40
A Samsung TV recently was awarded a best buy by the Gadget Show, so they are ok :p

pino
8th March 2007, 13:52
I must say that I've always been a little sceptic about Korean Quality, but I would like to give them a chance now :p :

Robinho
8th March 2007, 14:06
TV's are pretty good and i've had a couple of Samsung phones which did the trick ok, of the Korean type brands i'd rank Samsung at the top

airshifter
8th March 2007, 14:11
Guys I need some help, I've decided to buy a DVD recorder, and found a very nice one from Samsung (model HR 738) with a 250 gb hardisk for a resonable price. The problem is that I've never owned a Samsung machine ( tv-video etc.. ) before, so are they any good ?

I'm viewing this thread on a 19" Samsung monitor that's 10 or so years old, and has been flawless since purchase. The electronics market changes so quick that I don't pay much attention to brand names any longer, but simply the reviews of the product.

Eki
8th March 2007, 14:14
I'm viewing this thread on a 19" Samsung monitor that's 10 or so years old, and has been flawless since purchase. The electronics market changes so quick that I don't pay much attention to brand names any longer, but simply the reviews of the product.
Yes, and many of the brand names probably assemble their products in the same Chinese factory from the same components and the only thing that's different is the looks and the label.

race aficionado
8th March 2007, 15:31
Yes, and many of the brand names probably assemble their products in the same Chinese factory from the same components and the only thing that's different is the looks and the label.

yep, I once heard from a salesman on a fancy electronics shop, that what Eki says it's true. For example, for those that don't like SONY because they think it is too snobby or expensive, they will choose a cheaper brand "X" and it will turn out that SONY is the one that makes that same cheap brand "X" with the same components, different brand name and stilll gets the profits from the sell.

capitalism at it's best.

enjoy your new toy Pino :)

Dave B
8th March 2007, 16:29
I've had three Samsung mobiles, all excellent. Mate's got a Samsung LCD telly, utter crap.

I guess you pays yer money...

Tomi
8th March 2007, 16:48
looks like a good player, what you could do when you get it is to check that the player plays the DivX format well, both VBR and CBR, not every one does.

A.F.F.
8th March 2007, 17:43
I bought 42" plasma TV and it's better than the Sony I have :up:

schmenke
8th March 2007, 18:41
We used to own a 27" Samsung t.v. After about 12 years the power supply failed. We had it replaced for about $90.00CAD then it was as good as new.

Btw, JVC, Toshiba and Hitachi picture tubes are all assembled in Mexico.

Storm
9th March 2007, 07:27
I must say that I've always been a little sceptic about Korean Quality, but I would like to give them a chance now :p :

I have bought 2 LG TVs (1 at my parents and 1 at mine), 1 DVD Player and 1 microwave oven and can say that Korean stuff is not bad quality!

Samsung TVs are good as far as I know...I have a Samsung 17" PC monitor

LG cell phones are crap though :s

pino
9th March 2007, 07:59
LG ? I could get a similar DVD for half of the price but...no thanks :p : I've heard a lot bad about their quality :s

bowler
9th March 2007, 08:03
I've had good expereince with samsung stuff.

Eki
9th March 2007, 08:08
I have bought 2 LG TVs (1 at my parents and 1 at mine), 1 DVD Player and 1 microwave oven and can say that Korean stuff is not bad quality!

They say the Korean Kia is the only manufacturer who gives their car a 5 year guarantee, so I guess they trust their own quality.

Mark
9th March 2007, 08:12
They are doing Kia's with 7 year warraties now.

Camelopard
9th March 2007, 09:46
Been more than happy with my Samsung TV, had it over 10 years and has lasted longer than my very expensive Loewe German made TV bought at around the same time......

pino
9th March 2007, 09:59
Thanks for your help guys, but I need more posts to convince me :p : ;)

Mark
9th March 2007, 10:07
Just buy the chuffing thing, okay? :p

veeten
9th March 2007, 12:15
for more of their products, look here... :)

http://www.samsung.com/

Robinho
9th March 2007, 12:21
They are doing Kia's with 7 year warraties now.

Kia do a 7 year warranty, and perhaps even better, Hyundai do a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty.

both must be pretty confident of the quality of their products

Curryhead
9th March 2007, 12:22
did'nt know Samsung is a Korean outfit, I've had a few of their products, phones, vcr's and a stereo, no tv, but all products have been fine

Hotbikerchic33
9th March 2007, 14:30

We have a Samsung dvd/video recorder we brought it last summer its excellent never had any problems what so ever with it, the quality is very good on it so go for it if you havent already :D

jso1985
10th March 2007, 19:39
I have a Samsung cellphone that works much better than my old Motorola cellphone.
But I have also a Samsung TV wich isn't working well after 7 years.
So some of their products may not have good quality but take count the TV is cheap Mexican version

nicemms
10th March 2007, 20:07
I have a Samsung 17" CRT monitor that I've had for about 12 years and its never failed me once. I say go and buy the samsung.

fandango
10th March 2007, 20:16
We have a Samsung vacuum cleaner. It sucks :D (It's true)

pino
11th March 2007, 08:13
I have a Samsung cellphone that works much better than my old Motorola cellphone.

That doesn't impress me at all...Motorola are pure crap :p :

Storm
11th March 2007, 10:49
buy it or shut up :p :

Hotbikerchic33
11th March 2007, 15:21
But I have also a Samsung TV wich isn't working well after 7 years.
So some of their products may not have good quality but take count the TV is cheap Mexican version

I dont rate Samsung phones that much but think everything else in their range is cool :D