PDA

View Full Version : Bike championships

MrMetro
15th August 2010, 18:30
I notice there are a lot of forum championships for games such as Richard Burns Rally and TOCA 2(Which myself I compete in) but I see there is nothing for games such as Motogp, SBK or anything like that.

If a championship was set up(on-line or offline) would people be willing to play or not?

lcd
16th August 2010, 06:55
I'm not Into bike games, but It would be great to have such a championship around here! Hope you make It! ;)

Bruce D
16th August 2010, 08:50
I don't have any of the Motogp games but I do have SBK 08 to X so I'd been keen on that. A SBK X championship offline would be fun I think.

MrMetro
16th August 2010, 10:48
I don't have any of the Motogp games but I do have SBK 08 to X so I'd been keen on that. A SBK X championship offline would be fun I think.

An SBK X championship would be good, its more of a simulation than the latest MotoGP game.

MrMetro
16th August 2010, 11:21
or if more people have sbk 08 or 09 then a championship could be set up for one of those games

tannat
16th August 2010, 14:39
I tried desperately to get something going last year, IronRooster. Ther was no interest.

I have the original SBK and MotoGP4 for PS2. I need to look into getting one of the newer SBK releases.

Aklso have Motogp08 for the Wii :D

MrMetro
16th August 2010, 15:00
thats a shame tannat. I think many people who play car games then try bike games are put off in the diffrence in handling, particuarly more realsitic games such as sbk and gp500. once you play them for a while though, they are very good and and give you a feeling of satisfaction, the same way richard burns rally does.

tannat
16th August 2010, 15:09
thats a shame tannat. I think many people who play car games then try bike games are put off in the diffrence in handling, particuarly more realsitic games such as sbk and gp500. once you play them for a while though, they are very good and and give you a feeling of satisfaction, the same way richard burns rally does.

I agree-SBK really opened my eyes, and teh MotoGP series is fun as well.

Do some searches and yuo should findsome online leagues, offline may be a bit difficult. But if you find one let me know...

MrMetro
16th August 2010, 15:28
I've noticed some pretty cool online leagues for sbk 09 and 08, which I would like to replicate on the motorsport forums. It just depends on if people are interested...

tannat
23rd August 2010, 01:39
I've noticed some pretty cool online leagues for sbk 09 and 08, which I would like to replicate on the motorsport forums. It just depends on if people are interested...

Could you provide sites?

I'd be cool with running my SBK times against your own if you have any interest...

MrMetro
23rd August 2010, 15:09
Could you provide sites?

I'd be cool with running my SBK times against your own if you have any interest...

http://www.xboxliveaddicts.co.uk/forums/index.php?/forum/532-sbk-09-league/

http://www.xboxliveaddicts.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/45243-sbk-x-league/

as the links say, there for the 360 version(I have sbk x for ps3) but they seem pretty cool, if enough people had the game i would consider setting up a offline championship

MrMetro
23rd August 2010, 15:12
if you live in the uk, SBK X is £15 from hmv. most shops/sites are selling it for 30 to 40 pounds