PDA

View Full Version : Mosquitoes being killed near Ground Eki?

Eki
14th August 2010, 22:37
I was just sitting on my patio drinking beer. I noticed there wasn't any mosquitoes like there were earlier in the summer. Did they get enough or is the fall coming on?

Drew
15th August 2010, 00:00
I blame those American conservatives, to be honest.

Brown, Jon Brow
15th August 2010, 00:05
I blame those American conservatives, to be honest.

The Americans are herding up mosquitos to create a superweapon for their planned invasion of Iran.

Alexamateo
15th August 2010, 00:17
Well has it been a while since it rained? The type of mosquito we have where I live is called a "floodwater mosquito" whose eggs lay dormant until there's enough water to come out, hence there's always a spike in mosquito populations a few days after it rains.

Bob Riebe
15th August 2010, 01:27
I was just sitting on my patio drinking beer. I noticed there wasn't any mosquitoes like there were earlier in the summer. Did they get enough or is the fall coming on?
Well here it has been 85 F and seventy percent humidity after dark and the one misery that one did not run into at night was mosquitos, a blessing in a hell-hole.

Eki
15th August 2010, 09:03
Well has it been a while since it rained? The type of mosquito we have where I live is called a "floodwater mosquito" whose eggs lay dormant until there's enough water to come out, hence there's always a spike in mosquito populations a few days after it rains.
Daytime temperatures in most of the July were 80 F or more and very little rain. Now there have been some thunder showers, but they haven't lasted for long.

Easy Drifter
15th August 2010, 11:23
Skitters breed in standing water. No standing water, no skitters.
Just a puddle will do. A bird bath not cleaned regularly is great. Ponds with no fish or moving water.
There is always someplace but little rain does cut down numbers.
They are most active at dusk.

anthonyvop
15th August 2010, 14:17
That depends. If mosquitoes bother you than you have Obama to thank.

If the lack of mosquitoes makes you cry for "Mother Nature" then it is all Bush's fault.

edv
15th August 2010, 15:12
LOL @vop

As drifter says, skeeters seem dormant during dry spells, but if it rains, followed by heat, then voila!

Advice for Eki: It is known that skeeters are attracted to you partly by your exhaling of carbon dioxide, so if the skeeters are bothering you, then simply stop breathing!

Eki
15th August 2010, 16:56
LOL @vop

As drifter says, skeeters seem dormant during dry spells, but if it rains, followed by heat, then voila!

Advice for Eki: It is known that skeeters are attracted to you partly by your exhaling of carbon dioxide, so if the skeeters are bothering you, then simply stop breathing!
But the beer still has carbon dioxide.

Easy Drifter
15th August 2010, 18:01
Drink enough beer and you will have drunk mosquitos that bite you.
Remember you are attracting the ladies too!
They are the only ones that suck your blood.

Eki
15th August 2010, 18:54
Drink enough beer and you will have drunk mosquitos that bite you.
Remember you are attracting the ladies too!
They are the only ones that suck your blood.
You suggest, I'll sort of buy them drinks? Well, they aren't the kind of ladies I'd like to get drunk.

Maybe I'll hold my breath and drink vodka. Sounds like a new sports, now that they decided to stop the World Sauna Championships. I'm sure Russians will want join these games too.

Captain VXR
16th August 2010, 21:25
You suggest, I'll sort of buy them drinks? Well, they aren't the kind of ladies I'd like to get drunk.

Maybe I'll hold my breath and drink vodka. Sounds like a new sports, now that they decided to stop the World Sauna Championships. I'm sure Russians will want join these games too.

And the Poles, its unheard of that any Polish person/ person with Polish ancestry does not like it :facelick: mmmmmmmm Zubrowka