Daniel
2nd August 2010, 10:50
Friends. Lightweight entertainment at its worst

ShiftingGears
2nd August 2010, 10:52
Dharma and Greg is quite excruciating.

Caroline
2nd August 2010, 11:40
Last of the Summer Wine - for me, that is as bad as it gets.

MrJan
2nd August 2010, 12:54
That one with Hyacinth Bucket, simply shocking. At least Last of the Summer Wine has the amusement of seeing some old blokes roll down a hill in/on a sofa/bathtub/bicycle/skateboard/washing machine/whatever else they happened to be moving that week.

wedge
2nd August 2010, 13:43
My Family

Can't believe its last a decade and regularly pulls a few million

Dave B
2nd August 2010, 18:56
Thin Blue Line, Dinnerladies, Hi-di-Hi, and I know I'm going against the majority but I never once laughed at Last of the Summer Wine.

00steven
2nd August 2010, 19:34
Two and a half men, Charlie Sheen is an absolute perve.

BDunnell
2nd August 2010, 20:39
There are far too many to mention. Friends never once raised a titter in me. Last of the Summer Wine was an unusually plentiful, and crap, vintage of said tipple. Up The Elephant and Round The Castle 'starred' Jim Davidson as a London cabbie — need I say more? And this is to say nothing of all the casually racist ones such as Mind Your Language and Love Thy Neighbour.

Drew
2nd August 2010, 22:22
I agree there are far too many to mention. Lab rats, My Family, Dinnerladies and the one that always gets me, The Vicar of Dibley. I'll never understand why that is supposed to be funny. I still watch all of these shows, however :p :

Easy Drifter
3rd August 2010, 05:10
CBC's Little Mosque on the Prairie.

anthonyvop
3rd August 2010, 14:26
Two and a half men, Charlie Sheen is an absolute perve.

That is the idea.

Easy Drifter
3rd August 2010, 15:18
I forgot Married with Children. Totally inane and childish.

00steven
3rd August 2010, 15:37
That is the idea.

He is in real life too.

Garry Walker
3rd August 2010, 17:43
Seinfeld. By a long long way. The worst crap ever. I would dearly love to meet the people behind that show so that I could take a massive crap on their faces and tell them just how much their show sucked.

I watched a few episodes ages ago and it was amazing how unfunny it was. Complete crap.

harvick#1
3rd August 2010, 17:46
Seinfeld. By a long long way. The worst crap ever. I would dearly love to meet the people behind that show so that I could take a massive crap on their faces and tell them just how much their show sucked.

I watched a few episodes ages ago and it was amazing how unfunny it was. Complete crap.

:up: :up:

harvick#1
3rd August 2010, 17:48
I forgot Married with Children. Totally inane and childish.

great show :D it is better then the crap thats on now that is suppose to be funny

Garry Walker
3rd August 2010, 17:50
great show :D it is better then the crap thats on now that is suppose to be funny

Absolutely. The best show I have ever seen, by far. To this day, I watch episodes of it at times.

anthonyvop
3rd August 2010, 20:07
I never cared for Seinfeld until I saw the Series Finale.

Then I got it!

The joke was on all the fans.

Camelopard
4th August 2010, 03:13
CBC's Little Mosque on the Prairie.

Wouldn't have anything to do with your apparent hatred of muslims, now would it? (islamophobia)

Rollo
4th August 2010, 08:07
There was a series on Australian television called "Bogan Pride" which I sucessfully managed to sit through 8 minutes of.

I'd also like to nominate The Big Bang Theory into the hall of shame. A few people told me that "it's nerdy" and I somehow like it. To heck with that. I think that even Beavis and Butt-Head is more intelligently written than The Big Bang Theory.

Mark
4th August 2010, 08:19

:laugh: I think the first time I've ever agreed with one of your posts :up: :p

Mark
4th August 2010, 08:21
I'd also like to nominate The Big Bang Theory into the hall of shame. A few people told me that "it's nerdy" and I somehow like it. To heck with that. I think that even Beavis and Butt-Head is more intelligently written than The Big Bang Theory.

It's nerdy where the nerds are made to look stupid. Unlike the IT Crowd where the nerds are made to look daft but not as much as everyone else is!

janneppi
5th August 2010, 08:11
It's nerdy where the nerds are made to look stupid. Unlike the IT Crowd where the nerds are made to look daft but not as much as everyone else is!
I tried to watch IT crowd, but could'nt really do it for more than a couple of episodes. Something just isn't right with it, I do prefer Big bang theory of those two. It does make nerds look stupid, which it should, since a lot of the nerdy things are stupid. ;)

Bezza
5th August 2010, 13:00
Lot of bad ones, some already listed.

Dinnerladies
My Family
My Hero
that current one with kids trying to be funny
Last of the Summer Wine
Rab C Nesbitt
Benidorm

Most comedy is rubbish at the moment, The IT Crowd is half-decent, and the best one currently TV by far is Mongrels on BBC Three.

http://www.comedy.co.uk/images/library/comedies/300/m/mongrels_2.jpg

Camelopard
8th August 2010, 11:53
Flicking through foxtel tonight I caught a glimpse of probably the worst TV programme ever made (not just comedy).

................................. roseanne ..........................................

yeah gods that show was awful.

gloomyDAY
9th August 2010, 01:21
Two and a half men, Charlie Sheen is an absolute perve.You must be a woman.

Charlie is a pimp, on and off the screen. Don't hate the player....

I watched a few episodes ages ago and it was amazing how unfunny it was. Complete crap.hahahahaah omg! I'm freakin' dying hahaha

BDunnell
9th August 2010, 22:18

I, too, am with you on this.

00steven
15th August 2010, 22:09
You must be a woman.

hahahahaah omg! I'm freakin' dying hahaha

Not a woman, a gentleman.

UltimateDanGTR
15th August 2010, 23:16
why has no one mention that big top travesty with amanda holden? by far the worst thing in history, all you fellow brits who have thus far failed to mention it should feel ashamed! :D

Daniel
16th August 2010, 07:48
I, too, am with you on this.

You want to take a massive crap on the faces of the Seinfeld creators? That's not like you! :p

Nikki Katz
16th August 2010, 23:37
why has no one mention that big top travesty with amanda holden? by far the worst thing in history, all you fellow brits who have thus far failed to mention it should feel ashamed! :D
Oh that was painful! I still can't believe that Tony Robinson was in that, he must have been broke.

UltimateDanGTR
19th August 2010, 09:47
Oh that was painful! I still can't believe that Tony Robinson was in that, he must have been broke.

I know-he shouldn't have felt the need to lower himself to that.

how the BBC commision such tat I don't know, especially when you consider all the good stuff thats been made with/for the beeb down the years, gavin and stacey, the office, extras, only fools and horses being prime examples.

Captain VXR
21st August 2010, 00:01
Even the adverts for drop dead diva pi$$ me off
A blonde bimbo dies and is reincanated as a fat lawyer. Woooooooow, that's sooo funny

BDunnell
21st August 2010, 00:35
You want to take a massive crap on the faces of the Seinfeld creators? That's not like you! :p

I wouldn't have put it quite like that, you're right!

Hazell B
24th August 2010, 15:43

Charlie Sheen's a total plonker, whatever sex you are, as he's either battering a woman who loves him or drink driving then claiming his car was nicked once he's crashed it. All the same, Two and a Half Men is one of my favourite comedies (thanks to good writing, I've always thought it mis-cast)

Isn't the point of bad sitcoms that we wouldn't know they are bad as we wouldn't bother watching them for more than a few minutes? I've never seen many of the shows mentioned here for more than two minutes at a time!

gloomyDAY
24th August 2010, 16:02
Anyone watch the show Dexter? Not a sitcom, but that's the only reason I can yank myself over to watch TV.

Charlie Sheen's a total plonker, whatever sex you are, as he's either battering a woman who loves him....Well, I'm not an advocate of abusing women, but sometimes bitches just get on your nerves!

schmenke
31st August 2010, 22:40
For those who remember:

Three's Company
Different Strokes, and even worse, that dreadful spin-off The Facts of Life
The Cosby Show

BDunnell
31st August 2010, 22:52
Isn't the point of bad sitcoms that we wouldn't know they are bad as we wouldn't bother watching them for more than a few minutes? I've never seen many of the shows mentioned here for more than two minutes at a time!

Sounds like more than enough to me!