PDA

View Full Version : Vettel Ain't Very Bright

Roamy
2nd August 2010, 07:08
If he loses the championship in this car, this year he needs a brain implant.
How many victories has he thrown away? I really don't mind because I like Webber. But Vettel is about 2 bubbles past center!!

Saint Devote
2nd August 2010, 09:48
I think it further demonstrates just how good the performance of Jenson Button and Brawn were iin 2009 despite the difficulties in the second half of the season.

It also highlights the amazing achievement of Schumi during his consecutive championship years.

Thee is nothing more difficult in sport than winning in f1 and even with the best car, there is a whole package required.

Webber's mental focus is making ALL the difference. Quite simply: Vettel needs HIS Ron Dennis.

What should RBR do for Vettel? Hire Flavio Briatore for him. I kid you not.

Mark
2nd August 2010, 09:56
I dunno about Vettel himself but the team maybe aren't so smart.
Newey gives them this fantastic world beating car that's way faster than everyone else and yet only now do they get a driver into the lead of the WDC!

Valve Bounce
2nd August 2010, 10:15
I dunno about Vettel himself but the team maybe aren't so smart.
Newey gives them this fantastic world beating car that's way faster than everyone else and yet only now do they get a driver into the lead of the WDC!

As much as I want to point this out to you, I think Mark might have lead after Monaco. But I am open to be corrected on this as my memory ain't that good these days.

bluegem280
2nd August 2010, 10:33
I think there are many F1 viewers can't get onto mistake of Vettel until stewards announced he is penalized. Young drivers may have to cover such mistakes like that before they ever sharpen their talent with enough maturity.

Webber obviously he had more experience than Vettel. But talking of material I get feeling Vettel is faster driver.

Mark
2nd August 2010, 10:48
As much as I want to point this out to you, I think Mark might have lead after Monaco. But I am open to be corrected on this as my memory ain't that good these days.

You're right, of course. But my point is that the Red Bull drivers should at the moment be 1st and 2nd in the WDC by some considerable margin given the potential of the car.

Valve Bounce
2nd August 2010, 11:16
You're right, of course. But my point is that the Red Bull drivers should at the moment be 1st and 2nd in the WDC by some considerable margin given the potential of the car.

I agree. Too many stuff-ups in that team between the drivers, and the team.

Tazio
2nd August 2010, 12:24
I think it further demonstrates just how good the performance of Jenson Button and Brawn were iin 2009 despite the difficulties in the second half of the season.
I don't get the connection. Bunsen was a seasoned veteran in 2009.
Is there anything great in F1 that doesn't include JB? :laugh:

Thee is nothing more difficult in sport than winning in f1 and even with the best car, there is a whole package required.I could name a few quite easily, and it's not a knock on F1 :rolleyes:

Ruf RGT-8
2nd August 2010, 13:05
All I can say is thank you Vettel. That makes up for Turkey. Also I think that's the first time you can put 'lucky' and 'Webber' in the same sentence.

Valve Bounce
2nd August 2010, 14:02
Actually, had Vettel not hung back, he would have won the race, Mark would still have come second simply because those soft tyres turned out to be not so soft, and Mark made up 23.5 seconds on Alonso when he pitted. From the gap after he exited, I think 18 seconds would have been sufficient.

And I would have scored mega points in Mark's pickems. :bigcry:

By the way, who else thought that the way Vettel very late cut into the access road to the pits was borderline against some rule? whatever rule?

Big Ben
2nd August 2010, 14:48
All I can say is thank you Vettel. That makes up for Turkey. Also I think that's the first time you can put 'lucky' and 'Webber' in the same sentence.

Well, in Turkey Vettel made him a favor since the german did not finish. A 1-2 would have given him only 5 points more. I think in the long run Vettel is his main rival for the title. Those RBR's seem to be competing at a completely different level.

wedge
2nd August 2010, 14:52
Horner needs to tell Vettel to recite the rule book.

Silverstone aside, Alonso has spotted indiscretions though not necessarily rewarded to his advantage as in Valencia.

steveaki13
2nd August 2010, 17:31
As siad above, Red Bull couldn't really have had a more dominant car, yet luckily for us, they can't use as the should and so many potential 1,2's have not happened and kept the Championship fantastically close.

Lets hop Mclaren win a couple more races this year and keep it a full 5 way scrap to the end.

Imagine if when arrived in UAE with all 5 drivers in with a chance. Could happen.

ratonmacias
2nd August 2010, 17:43

It also highlights the amazing achievement of Schumi during his consecutive championship years.

Thee is nothing more difficult in sport than winning in f1 and even with the best car, there is a whole package required.

Webber's mental focus is making ALL the difference. Quite simply: Vettel needs HIS Ron Dennis.

What should RBR do for Vettel? Hire Flavio Briatore for him. I kid you not.

it does highlights jenson´s season as he had to battle barrichello on the same equipment.

it doesnt actually work on your pro schumi agenda simply because all of schumachers teammates knew they were required to finish behind him and schumacher never faced opposition within the team. while button last year and vettel this year have had very worthy opponents as teammates and above all the teammates are allowed to battle. and redbull did messup the wings at silverstone they have never asked for any driver to move over like ferrari and schumacher did.

Mia 01
2nd August 2010, 21:43
Many drivers makes mistakes, for example, Aloso has made a few this year.

Easy Drifter
2nd August 2010, 21:59
In my experience 90% of drivers never read the rule book. After a few drivers' meetings most do not listen as they have heard it all before, they think. That is why when a new rule or twist comes in many are caught out.
Speaking from working with quite a few drivers and being one. I did read the rule book but I know most of us used to gossip and break crankshafts during drivers' meetings. :p : :eek:

Ruf RGT-8
3rd August 2010, 09:39
Well, in Turkey Vettel made him a favor since the german did not finish. A 1-2 would have given him only 5 points more.

Didn't think of that. Touche. I'm just still a bit grumpy because if Vettel hadn't hit him and assuming Webber went on to win that would've been a nice hat trick. But I agree it's been RBR's championship to lose this season.

Ent
3rd August 2010, 13:04
Give Vettel time. If you look at Hamilton, he was quick at the start of his career, but really blew what should have been a championship win in his first season with poor decision and too much game-play with then team-mate Alonso. He barely scraped through the next season after further errors, despite being in the best car for both seasons. Since then, he has calmed down a lot and is now a far better all-round driver. If not for some bad luck, he'd still be in the lead this season.

Vettel is young and hot-headed. He's being too emotional in his driving and this is causing mistakes. Hopefully he'll settle down in a year or two and become not just a fast driver, but a smart, fast driver. I hope for his sake his chance at the fastest car on the grid isn't gone by then.

Wasted Talent
3rd August 2010, 16:09
Give Vettel time. If you look at Hamilton, he was quick at the start of his career, but really blew what should have been a championship win in his first season with poor decision and too much game-play with then team-mate Alonso. He barely scraped through the next season after further errors, despite being in the best car for both seasons. Since then, he has calmed down a lot and is now a far better all-round driver. If not for some bad luck, he'd still be in the lead this season.

Vettel is young and hot-headed. He's being too emotional in his driving and this is causing mistakes. Hopefully he'll settle down in a year or two and become not just a fast driver, but a smart, fast driver. I hope for his sake his chance at the fastest car on the grid isn't gone by then.

Hungary was Vettel's 55th race, so not the same as Hamilton in his first season. Having said that he does bring a lot of interest in to F1 and comes across as a nice guy

Agree with Easy Drifter though - drivers don't really know all the rules

WT

clittle
4th August 2010, 02:01
What does everyone think of Vettel and hit taking both hand off the steering wheel during his drive through. A couple of times he had to quickly correct from steering into a pit crew or 2. I know the pit lane isn't that fast, but seriously? Both hands?

Saint Devote
4th August 2010, 04:16
it does highlights jenson´s season as he had to battle barrichello on the same equipment.

it doesnt actually work on your pro schumi agenda simply because all of schumachers teammates knew they were required to finish behind him and schumacher never faced opposition within the team. while button last year and vettel this year have had very worthy opponents as teammates and above all the teammates are allowed to battle. and redbull did messup the wings at silverstone they have never asked for any driver to move over like ferrari and schumacher did.

Its nothing to do with teammates.

It is a driver's ability to USE the car. Schumi and Jense did not waste anything.

RBR have not started the season ideally, but Webber and I think Vettel again into the second half are going to do even better what they did in 2009.

Webber is definitely in that zone - his drive on Sunday in my view is THE drive so far of the season and I thought his Monaco Grand Prix victory was right up there - those laps on the soft tyres with fastest lap after lap and nary a lock-up to be seen - that was the drive of a world champion.

Saint Devote
4th August 2010, 04:28
What does everyone think of Vettel and hit taking both hand off the steering wheel during his drive through. A couple of times he had to quickly correct from steering into a pit crew or 2. I know the pit lane isn't that fast, but seriously? Both hands?

He gets very emotional both inside and outside the car. Its his way and he will have to deal with it.

The greatest problem at RBR is that they do not have anyone that is able to guide such a tremendous raw ability like Vettel.

If he was at Mclaren they would have trained him and coached him and guided him at the track and he would have won on Sunday.

Just as Hamilton was leveraged by being a Mclaren driver, so Vettel is hampered at RBR. And if he wins the title this season it will have been a magnificent job and achievement BECAUSE he does not have whole structure that a driver at Mclaren or Mercedes has.

Webber does not need that because he is one of the toughest - not as tough as compatriot Alan Jones was [AJ WOULD punch peoples lights out as soon as look at them - he reckoned it would also scare people on track - and he was extremely comfortable openly detesting Reutemann - and his dad the late Stan Jones once chased someone at the Nurburgring to biff them :-] but he has been through so much that his own mind is all that he needs to keep it together.

If Webber does best Vettel, I think it will have been the failure of RBR to steer Sebastian - because he quicker than anyone in f1 today.

Ari
4th August 2010, 04:41
Why do we keep comparing Vettel to Hamilton so much?

They are two totally different people. I think some similarities remain on how they entered the sport and that they both drive with key teams, but ultimately they're two totally different people.

I think sometimes all the comparison really just isn't needed.

Ari
4th August 2010, 04:42
If Webber does best Vettel, I think it will have been the failure of RBR to steer Sebastian - because he quicker than anyone in f1 today.

Yes and no.

Vettel is quicker than anyone in a single lap. In a race, he still has a long way to go. And let's be honest.... WDC's aren't handed out on Saturdays.

CNR
4th August 2010, 08:03
to be fair to Vettel even mark used to be a car breaker at williams

maybe it is time he got a manger to tell him what to do

ArrowsFA1
4th August 2010, 08:06
If Webber does best Vettel, I think it will have been the failure of RBR to steer Sebastian
Or the fact that Webber will have done a better job despite RBR's efforts to steer Vettel towards the title.

markabilly
4th August 2010, 13:12
To be a wdc, one has to have luck on their side as well as get some breaks, and avoid dumb mistakes, unless their car is very dominant.
Yep, obvious to most.

But this car is dominant, right now, as dominant as the ferrari has been when MS and his crew had it so well put together and the race for the WDC was over at the halfway point.

The difference between Vettel and MS back then is that Vettel has a crummy lap dog for a team mate, who beleived the top brass BS when they said their drivers were equal (Just like Ferrari was always saying about RB....yeah, right) and has no problem barking in public--and some surprizing strenght from a large fan base that vettel does not have.

And webber is now the clear champion contender for the team, has had plenty of good luck and avoided a number of mistakes this season

Then there is bad luck with equipment failures and if he were going to have good luck this season, webber should have been sitting on the side of the road, but instead it is Vettel in Turkey

Then there are the mistakes, and setting aside Turkey, the Brit GP and the Hungarian GP results were the result of plain dumb mistakes

But unfortunately for Vettel, but if MS or Lewis, or Freddie were driving that car, their lead in the WDC race would be close to overwhelming right now....and maybe if webber had been treated a bit better, his lead right now might be similar.....

Tazio
4th August 2010, 16:15
Any driver that comes in after the race and says the reason for losing was a defective radio is a "Wuss".
I guess he just decided to say it before the Red Bull propaganda machine would have! :idea:

wedge
4th August 2010, 16:32
And webber is now the clear champion contender for the team, has had plenty of good luck and avoided a number of mistakes this season

Too much of liability IMO.

Crashed into Hamilton and Kovy. Checkers or Wreckers? more likely to be the latter at the end of the season.

driveace
4th August 2010, 22:57
In my opinion Vettel is a breath of fresh air.He is a racer like Lewis,but needs some advice from the team.He will be world champion,but probably not this year,but its coming!

Tazio
4th August 2010, 22:59
Too much of liability IMO.

Crashed into Hamilton and Kovy. Checkers or Wreckers? more likely to be the latter at the end of the season.
+ 1
I think its wide open for the The Boss, Chopper, Fred, Bunsen,
and most likely The Wuss.

I have my opinion of who I would like to win the WDC, and Webber, would be my second choice, then the Wuss. He has more raw speed, and better craft than Mark in the clear, and he’s not bad at overtaking back markers. But it would be helpful to understand the rules. :dozey:

Roamy
4th August 2010, 23:32
well right now I would say I am more interested in Markabilly's sister. :eek:

markabilly
5th August 2010, 03:33
well right now I would say I am more interested in Markabilly's sister. :eek:
you mean donKey jote? I can not tell you how embarrasing it is to have her/him/it turn out like he/she/it did. But you are certainly welcome to him/she/it.......for a quarter, you can always do a test run.....

CNR
5th August 2010, 04:28
looking at some of the post's on this page Who Ain't Very Bright

Bezza
5th August 2010, 12:55
I know why Vettel makes so many errors. He has been too busy appearing the latest Twilight film, Eclipse:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c2/Riley_Biers.png

ratonmacias
5th August 2010, 14:32
+ 1
I think its wide open for the The Boss, Chopper, Fred, Bunsen,
and most likely The Wuss.

I have my opinion of who I would like to win the WDC, and Webber, would be my second choice, then the Wuss. He has more raw speed, and better craft than Mark in the clear, and he’s not bad at overtaking back markers. But it would be helpful to understand the rules. :dozey:

so who is the boss? and who is the chopper

Tazio
5th August 2010, 15:31
so who is the boss? and who is the chopperFor starters I'm obsessed with nick-names. I know it's confusing because there is two of each! :confused:

"The Current Boss" is Lewis Hamilton. While I was on a protracted vacation, (that's a euphemism for being banned for a very long time) a member of a forum that I used was a big LH "Honk" and gave it to Lewis, as the Boss logo is displayed on his gear. See? right below the Mobil 1 patch

http://blindie.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/lewis_hamilton-294x400.jpg

The Forum consisted of a constituency that is more informed than this one but too few contributors. This guy as well as I was into F1 when Verstapen had that moniker.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx446_jpmontoya-vs-jverstapen_auto

Chopper is one iteration of Mikes name, but I believe it was Markabilly's old lady who used it during throws of passion referring to Webber after a couple of questionable moves this season. ;)

Ari
6th August 2010, 00:29
I know why Vettel makes so many errors. He has been too busy appearing the latest Twilight film, Eclipse:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c2/Riley_Biers.png

...and I'll raise you a Justin Bieber!

http://www.thepunch.com.au/images/uploads/bieber.jpg

http://www.sebastian-vettel.org/gallery/albums/userpics/5621-Vettel-062-Close-BG-01f-ISO_960.jpg

Saint Devote
6th August 2010, 02:38
Or the fact that Webber will have done a better job despite RBR's efforts to steer Vettel towards the title.

I really do not recognize it as being so simple.

I think its just the way things have gone - and despite the bias episode at Silverstone and the attitude of the Austrian faction at Red Bull, that Webber IS currently WDC title leader shows that the team is pretty even-handed.

I dont think that either Horner or Newey would tolerate a situation where Webber would be undermined.

But RBR shows just how inexperienced and really clumsy they are still at managing the situation on pitwall.

If RBR had someone like Whitmarsh or Brawn, then it would be different.

And even back at Bahrain - it was a terrible decision to lean out the fuel mixture because it cost Vettel a victory. This is inexperience at best and technical error at worst.

I think the team is too young to fully utilize properly someone like Adrian Newey.

Perhaps Mark Webber is the most stabilizing force in the team. He is a natural fit with someone like Newey. So then, it could just be that concentrating on Webber - and I reckon that after Monza the championship will show where it si going - is RBR's best probability for the WDC.

Time will tell!

Saint Devote
6th August 2010, 02:43
...and I'll raise you a Justin Bieber!

http://www.thepunch.com.au/images/uploads/bieber.jpg

http://www.sebastian-vettel.org/gallery/albums/userpics/5621-Vettel-062-Close-BG-01f-ISO_960.jpg

You ought to be whipped with a wet fish for doing this!

While I have heard of Bieber because of the popularity of his hairstyle, I have no idea what Twilight is - but because it is some sort popular culture entity no doubt, it will send shivers of revulsion up and down pitlane.

On the other hand perhaps Webber calling Vettel "Bieber" will throughly shake the German driver and Mark will have overcome his greatest opposition :s mokin:

Ranger
8th August 2010, 03:37
http://www.formula1.com/video/race_edits.html

Go to Hungarian GP race edit.

Vettel: "How the f*** is Mark in front now?? How is that possible??"

Sebastian needs to mentally toughen up if he wants to win the title this year.

Saint Devote
8th August 2010, 03:41

Do not underestimate his way for mental weakness. Hamilton also has his emotional outbursts - usually attacking his own team - and won a title albeit only just and that he made very heavy weather of it.

And of course there are the famous Senna screaming throwing things tantrums in the motor home!

Tazio
8th August 2010, 06:50
Do not underestimate his way for mental weakness. Hamilton also has his emotional outbursts - usually attacking his own team - and won a title albeit only just and that he made very heavy weather of it.

And of course there are the famous Senna screaming throwing things tantrums in the motor home!SD there is a lot of truth in what you have posted.
I've been very critical of The Boss. Partly because after such a great first season which was only compromised by two incredibly avoidable blunders. It was a common belief that if he could accomplish that in his first season, that in no time flat he would completely dominate the field, with his first four years equaling or surpassing Jim Clark. Its four years on now, and coming into this season his statistics are not Clarkesque, nor did he show that he was on a very steep learning curve. However, this year I have noticed and recognize a guy who actually has either started to improve, and become even more complete or the new regs play into his hand. I think it is a lot of both. The only thing he has left to prove is that he can finish a season in a competitive car without having a meltdown, and I’m guessing he can.

As for "The Wuss"

- be in top physical form
- know the rules in depth to the extreme, loopholes, and exploits
- Never lose concentration; keep track of the race from all available sources and signs, even the TV screens
- think fast
He's one of the young drivers I thought was ready for this level, but he has just left me in hysterics after some of his last few races.

formula1 nut
8th August 2010, 07:23

fully agree Malllen: that statement is from a totally immature driver, in fact he nearly lost the car at that point as well, it was after that broadcast he gave up trying to pass Alonso because it would have only put him in second place.
he still could do it, if the car passes the flexy wing tests.

ioan
8th August 2010, 11:04
:laugh:

So is this the Vettel haters thread?!
He might or might not be bright, however for what it's worth the thread starter can't even spell his name correctly! :rotflmao:

Tazio
8th August 2010, 13:18

He might or might not be bright, however for what it's worth the thread starter can't even spell his name correctly! :rotflmao:

Read the title of the thread. Misspelled It should read Vettel has a tendency to have no clue as to what is going on In the course of a race. Unlike you Markabilly has racing experience. He purposely misspells some words, and spelling Fettel's last name wrong on this forum is common practice!

ioan
8th August 2010, 14:41
Read the title of the thread. Misspelled It should read Vettel has a tendency to have no clue as to what is going on In the course of a race. Unlike you Markabilly has racing experience. He purposely misspells some words, and spelling Fettel's last name wrong on this forum is common practice!

Bla bla bla... Markabilly isn't the starter of the thread.
Looks like spelling isn't the only problem of Vettel's haters. :D

Dr. Krogshöj
8th August 2010, 15:09
I agree. Too many stuff-ups in that team between the drivers, and the team.

Silverstone was a fiasco, no question, but I just don't see what they could do better. Reliability, for sure, but that's inherent to the car design. Please don't mention Turkey... I'd have 1000 Istanbuls over one Hockenheim. It's not a stuff-up, it's a certain approach to racing. Different teams have different philisophies and I prefer Red Bull's - even though I don't have anything against Ferrari's, either.

Tazio
8th August 2010, 16:11
Bla bla bla... Markabilly isn't the starter of the thread.
Looks like spelling isn't the only problem of Vettel's haters. :D

Ioan of the current drivers I have only two that I would like to see win The WDC more than "The Wuss" And I call him a pussy only because of his lame attempt to suggest that he lost a race position, and probably a win because his radio failed. My opinion of SV is not in any way motivated by a hatred of him. I don't hate anybody in any sporting discipline that I don't know personally. I stand corrected on the comment on who started the thread. However it doesn't change its content. What do you expect to read in a thread on this topic? People use colorful language, and overstate their case on every thread. The ones that I think are outlandish I simply ignore, or take with the appropriate serving of salt. How long did members go on about "Massa Baby" a stupid reason to spill venom, and a much more benign circumstance than this one? But you have those simpletons that can't wait to take a snipe at someone whose agenda doesn't follow their view of what they would like to believe. SV deserves to be dressed down for being exposed as a pilot that isn't fully engaged in his job. I would like to leave you with this sentiment. I was very happy that Fettel took pole and reacted the way I thought a guy should act who has taken so many this year. No screaming and shouting. He acted like someone that expected to take pole. After his result perhaps he should go back to his old style of being nauseatingly giddy. :s ailor:

ioan
8th August 2010, 16:37
Ioan of the current drivers I have only two that I would like to see win The WDC more than "The Wuss" And I call him a pussy only because of his lame attempt to suggest that he lost a race position, and probably a win because his radio failed. My opinion of SV is not in any way motivated by a hatred of him. I don't hate anybody in any sporting discipline that I don't know personally. I stand corrected on the comment on who started the thread. However it doesn't change its content. What do you expect to read in a thread on this topic? People use colorful language, and overstate their case on every thread. The ones that I think are outlandish I simply ignore, or take with the appropriate serving of salt. How long did members go on about "Massa Baby" a stupid reason to spill venom, and a much more benign circumstance than this one? But you have those simpletons that can't wait to take a snipe at someone whose agenda doesn't follow their view of what they would like to believe. SV deserves to be dressed down for being exposed as a pilot that isn't fully engaged in his job. I would like to leave you with this sentiment. I was very happy that Fettel took pole and reacted the way I thought a guy should act who has taken so many this year. No screaming and shouting. He acted like someone that expected to take pole. After his result perhaps he should go back to his old style of being nauseatingly giddy. :s ailor:

How do you know how much is Vettel engaged into his job?
What do you know about how much he tries?
What would you do if you were in his shoes and the team wouldn't keep you constantly updated about what the opposition is doing? And this wasn't the first time when the team failed him big time!

And I didn't directly criticized you for this thread, so nothing personal, you chose to try to prove how this thread was right! ;)

Saint Devote
8th August 2010, 17:51
RBR doing things that make people shake their head - but lets not forget that Mclaren has done this too.

Ron Dennis, well known for HIS favoritism for Hakkinen, Senna and Hamilton was instrumental in destroying what ought to have been a Mclaren year in 2007.

Instead of steadying the ship and disciplining Hamilton thereby allowing Alonso to win the title, he let them go at it. And to aggravate the whole situation, he began his usual isolation of the other driver.

Coulthard - who was not as good as Mika, Prost and Alonso ALL tell a tale that is remarkably similar.

It was to the credit of Lauda and Prost that THEY worked it out together and both won a title.

Whitmarsh is far better suited to managing Mclaren and Button would never have signed if Dennis had still been at the racing helm.

He was not called "Lightning Rod" for nothing.

Tazio
8th August 2010, 19:00
How do you know how much is Vettel engaged into his job?
What do you know about how much he tries?
What would you do if you were in his shoes and the team wouldn't keep you constantly updated about what the opposition is doing? And this wasn't the first time when the team failed him big time!

And I didn't directly criticized you for this thread, so nothing personal, you chose to try to prove how this thread was right! ;)
I will just say that I was surprised at what seemed to be a perplexed individual admitting that his penalty was the result of the team not being able to direct him as to properly restart a race from p2 behind the safety car. And I still feel this is something that someone with more experience would likely not let happen. As to the exact meaning of what he said may be a misunderstanding by me as English is my first language. His candidness may be that as a German he is only saying precisely what happened and honestly not caring if it came across to Americans /Brits/Aussies as meaning.
I have a hard time understanding what people in different regions of my own country are saying. Not because they are inarticulate, because the words don’t sound like English. People in New England baffle me with their expressions and they are some of the most intelligent people in the U.S.A.
One thing I never said was that I didn't think he was "trying" to do his absolute best or that he was lazy or stupid.
Where I come from, and at the level of athletics I competed, you simply take responsibility for what happened, and say "If you think you can do better why don't you have my job".
Peace bro :)

Saint Devote
8th August 2010, 23:08
I will just say that I was surprised at what seemed to be a perplexed individual admitting that his penalty was the result of the team not being able to direct him as to properly restart a race from p2 behind the safety car. And I still feel this is something that someone with more experience would likely not let happen.

Vettel was not aware that the SC was coming in on the lap and he had no communication with his pits because of radio problems.

What ought to have been a dominant victory turned into a very disappointing third place.

CNR
9th August 2010, 01:26
RBR doing things that make people shake their head - but lets not forget that Mclaren has done this too.

Ron Dennis, well known for HIS favoritism for Hakkinen, Senna and Hamilton was instrumental in destroying what ought to have been a Mclaren year in 2007.

Instead of steadying the ship and disciplining Hamilton thereby allowing Alonso to win the title, he let them go at it. And to aggravate the whole situation, he began his usual isolation of the other driver.

Coulthard - who was not as good as Mika, Prost and Alonso ALL tell a tale that is remarkably similar.

It was to the credit of Lauda and Prost that THEY worked it out together and both won a title.

Whitmarsh is far better suited to managing Mclaren and Button would never have signed if Dennis had still been at the racing helm.

He was not called "Lightning Rod" for nothing.
it is hard to soar with the eagles when you are surrounded by terkeys

FIA to monitor McLaren treatment of Alonso

Tazio
9th August 2010, 02:09
Vettel was not aware that the SC was coming in on the lap and he had no communication with his pits because of radio problems.

What ought to have been a dominant victory turned into a very disappointing third place.

OK I'll buy that! :)

Valve Bounce
9th August 2010, 03:06
OK I'll buy that! :)

Hey! You wanna Gold Rolex - going at special price for you. Once in a lifetime bargain, and I only have one left. :p :

Tazio
9th August 2010, 05:14
Hey! You wanna Gold Rolex - going at special price for you. Once in a lifetime bargain, and I only have one left. :p : :s ailor: I'll trade you a KnuckleSandwich for it! :s mokin: :bounce:

markabilly
9th August 2010, 07:36
i
FIA to monitor McLaren treatment of Alonso

about time, long overdue!!!!!

better monitor what they are doing to Kettel as well, insiders all know that since Ronnie was permitted back in the pits, they were the ones behind the radio bust-up of kettles by beaming high energy particle disrupters at his radio

Retro Formula 1
9th August 2010, 11:23
For starters I'm obsessed with nick-names. I know it's confusing because there is two of each! :confused:

"The Current Boss" is Lewis Hamilton. While I was on a protracted vacation, (that's a euphemism for being banned for a very long time) a member of a forum that I used was a big LH "Honk" and gave it to Lewis, as the Boss logo is displayed on his gear. See? right below the Mobil 1 patch

http://blindie.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/lewis_hamilton-294x400.jpg

The Forum consisted of a constituency that is more informed than this one but too few contributors. This guy as well as I was into F1 when Verstapen had that moniker.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx446_jpmontoya-vs-jverstapen_auto

Chopper is one iteration of Mikes name, but I believe it was Markabilly's old lady who used it during throws of passion referring to Webber after a couple of questionable moves this season. ;)

Well, looking at that reasoning, the BOSS might also be the WALKER. The only problem is that WALKER is a Stalker but that's a completely different form of motor racing.

Of course, if Webber the CHOPPER ever joins McLaren because he's FED up with his EX team using him as a SAP, we could get a JOHNNIE for his CHOPPER.

I was trying to think of a witticism using BULL but gave up after about 30 pages of ideas :D

Tazio
9th August 2010, 14:05
Well, looking at that reasoning, the BOSS might also be the WALKER. The only problem is that WALKER is a Stalker but that's a completely different form of motor racing.

Of course, if Webber the CHOPPER ever joins McLaren because he's FED up with his EX team using him as a SAP, we could get a JOHNNIE for his CHOPPER.

I was trying to think of a witticism using BULL but gave up after about 30 pages of ideas :D There is no logic and only one rule on how someone is given or addressed with a nickname. The only rule is "You don't make up your own" The other thing is there is no limit to the amount of nicknames you can be referred to by. I have many, none of which I have made up for myself. A screen name is most likely not a nickname. Nicknames with negative connotation only stick if it is an actual periodic occurrence. Even nicknames with a negative implication are used as a term of endearment among peers, or in this case voyeurs (or fans/enthusiasts they all represent the same thing in this electronic form of communication)
But most importantly if someone doesn't recognize the moniker in an arena such as this than they either ignore the person using it or as has happened on this thread someone asks. Or if they follow closely it will become apparent eventually. It's important to realize that some people only participate in forums like this for the simple reason of having fun like me. Inevitably whether I intended it or not I gain knowledge I might not if I only watched the race, and didn't read and contribute to these forums.(and I'm using the term contribute in the sense that what I write is displayed to the forum.) It does not matter to me if my use of a nickname is accepted or not, (but that will not stop me from using it). I only use nicknames that others have given if I think it is clever or appropriate. So please take these terms for whatever you think they are worth. Being worth nothing to members is quite fine by me.

gloomyDAY
9th August 2010, 17:11

He might or might not be bright, however for what it's worth the thread starter can't even spell his name correctly! :rotflmao: http://www.zootpatrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/hater0.jpg

Roamy
9th August 2010, 17:46

yea it was at transposition and edit did not let me correct it. At any rate most on here are bright enough to know who I am referring to. Sorry it took you three pages :p :

Tazio
10th August 2010, 07:21
yea it was at transposition and edit did not let me correct it. At any rate most on here are bright enough to know who I am referring to. Sorry it took you three pages :p : May I recomend you offer him a KnuckleSandwich :uhoh: :)

Mia 01
10th August 2010, 08:33
It´s only natural to have som dislike for your main competitior.

Seb or Mark will grab the crown, it could very well be Mark.

Tazio
10th August 2010, 08:38
It´s only natural to have som dislike for your main competitior.

Seb or Mark will grab the crown, it could very well be Mark.

That's really going out on a limb :rolleyes:

Saint Devote
10th August 2010, 12:04

Hamilton did not exactly excel in 2008 either and [Alonso was out of the pciture] with uneccessary mistakes - and if Ferrari had messed up one less time with Massa [and they apologized to the Brazilian] then Hamilton would not have won a title yet.

Retro Formula 1
10th August 2010, 13:20
It's important to realize that some people only participate in forums like this for the simple reason of having fun like me.

Amen to that brother :s mokin:

Saint Devote
11th August 2010, 02:19
I suppose if you ignored the fact that Mclaren scuppered Lewis's chances of being a WDC in his debut season, and all the incidents that took points away from Lewis in the 2008 season, your one sided analysis would be pretty good old sport. :p

Massa cocked up on a fair few ocassions during 2008, for example escaping a drive through penalty for being released into the path of Sutil, and beaching his car in the gravel in Malaysia to name only two, so lets just remember both drivers made errors during that season.

As you say though, Lewis might not have even won a WDC if the luck didn't go his way, but then again he could be a double WDC by now too.. Whatever, it doesn't really matter.. ;)

Scuppered Lewis'?

No. Ron Dennis undermined Mclaren because of his bias in favor of Hamilton and created an untenable situation for the driver who would have provided Mclaren with a WDC, Alonso. Kimi said thank you.

No - Luca di Montezemolo specifically apologized on behalf of the team. Their mistakes were the real cause - and yet Massa JUST missed his first championship title. Hamilton made extremely heavy weather and in the end did not even win the most grands prix in 2008.

Luck has nothing to do with it.

Lewis is not a bad driver and is one of three quickest drivers in f1 today - but he is no Senna or Prost or Schumacher for example, thats for sure. He does not even reach to the same level as Alonso as a complete racing driver.

keysersoze
11th August 2010, 21:43

Oh good grief--must everything be tied into your boy Button?

I can see it now:

Q: So how do you feel about global warming?
Saint Devote: Well, I drive a SMART car, which is made by Mercedes and, oh that reminds me, did I tell you about the time that Jenson . . .

Q: Um, you are off topic. Ick, what IS that smell?
Saint Devote: Oh that was me. I tooted. Which reminds me, one time I was was standing next to Jenson and he let one rip and boy oh boy . . .

Q: That's gross. What did you eat?
Saint Devote: an Egg McMuffin. The butter was oozing all over the plate, and that reminded me of Jenson's helmet design back when he drove for Brawn GP . . .

keysersoze
11th August 2010, 21:46
He does not even reach to the same level as Alonso as a complete racing driver.

I would have said that during his first two years in F1, but now I would say that Lewis is every bit as good as Alonso.