PDA

View Full Version : Channel 10 Oz Gp commentators

millencolin
7th March 2007, 05:06
i jsut picked up the latest edition of F1 racing magazine... and its got a bigger than usual preview for the Oz GP... but one bit i found interesting

theres a little 'channel 10' section that states when it will be showed on tv etc etc... the Host is Bill Woods, but the race commentators are

Murray Walker (no big surprise) and Jeremy Shaw (now thats a surprise)

For those who dont know who Jeremy Shaw is, he has been the commentator for the champcars international broadcast for the last few years and i think does a stellar job there. but teaming up with murray walker could be either disastorous or legendary... both are high energy/shouting commentators
I wonder what this means for Shaw and Champcars though... he has been a 'friend' of channel 10 in the past so this may just be a one off thing

BRING ON THE GP

Ranger
7th March 2007, 05:39
Even more reasons for me to tape the GP, despite the fact that I'll be down there. :D

Hawkmoon
7th March 2007, 20:56
As much as the idea of a bit of Murray Walker appeals to me, I still wish Channel 10 would just take the ITV feed like they do for the rest of the year.

I know James Allen annoys people but his combination with Martin Brundle works well and gives you a good feel for what is happening during the race.

At least we won't be inflicted with some hopeless Channel 10 talking head like we have been for the last few years.

On a side note, I hear talk that we may be getting more coverage of qualifying throughout the year now that the local tintops have left for Channel 7. Can anybody confirm this?

Ari
8th March 2007, 23:52
Even more reasons for me to tape the GP, despite the fact that I'll be down there. :D

Same! Im definitely taping it.

The issue I have is as follow. I will be there Thursday, but not friday! Ill be at work :( Soooooo do I follow it online and essentially get bugger all done for the day. I can also have GP Radio on live listening to whats happening around the track in real-time. Or do I ignore the internet world and record it and play it back Friday night as if live?

I dont know what to do!?!?!?! :(

Ari
8th March 2007, 23:56
As much as the idea of a bit of Murray Walker appeals to me, I still wish Channel 10 would just take the ITV feed like they do for the rest of the year.

I know James Allen annoys people but his combination with Martin Brundle works well and gives you a good feel for what is happening during the race.

At least we won't be inflicted with some hopeless Channel 10 talking head like we have been for the last few years.

On a side note, I hear talk that we may be getting more coverage of qualifying throughout the year now that the local tintops have left for Channel 7. Can anybody confirm this?

If this is the case I am going to run out into the street naked and scream at the top of my lungs!!!!!!!!! :D

I am SOOOOOOOO over keeping track of qualifying on the internet!

Dazz9908
9th March 2007, 00:09
Ari
I Love your sig.
Senna IS God!

RJL25
9th March 2007, 00:24

oh please...

James Allen: WOOOOOWWWW WHAT AN OVERTAKING MOVE BY JENSON BUTTON!

Brundle: yes ahh jenson just lapping takuma sato there

James Allen: BUT WHAT A GREEEEAAAAT MOOOVE BY JENSON BUTTON!!!!!!!

Hawkmoon
9th March 2007, 02:09
oh please...

Is that any different to Leigh Diffey letting us know that Mark Webber is running 15th every other lap?

At least Allen has a passing knowledge of F1 unlike the fools that Channel 10 make us watch. Crompton (sp?) was the only one who was any good and he's buggered off to Seven to follow the tin tops.

If it wasn't for Mark Webber the likes of Bill Woods and Leigh Diffey would barely know F1 existed.

Ranger
9th March 2007, 05:03
If it wasn't for Mark Webber the likes of Bill Woods and Leigh Diffey would barely know F1 existed.

Yep, they are rather daft. But this is about 2 guys who have been doing motorsports for many years and they know their ****, as opposed to Woods and Diffey - i wouldn't bother thinking twice about taping it if it was Woods and Diffey.

However, it is needless to say that Jeremy Shaw and Murray Walker ain't your average dickheads.

Christina
9th March 2007, 10:46
oohh!! goody! i hope i can always look forward to the aus GP for a bit of Murray action. He is F1 to me, i will never forget the sound of murray saying "and it's go go go!"

Neil crompton, Leigh Diffey and Bill woods are all absolute rubbish when it comes to commentating on F1. i'm gld channel ten have started to see sense.

Garry Walker
9th March 2007, 18:53
oh please...

And thats different to murrays stupid verbal masturbation how?

Ranger
10th March 2007, 01:00
And thats different to murrays stupid verbal masturbation how?

Delivery. Because Murray could actually keep someone interested for the entire race.

If Allen had the same degree of wit and excitement as Murray does, then I'd easily take the ITV broadcast.

Problem is, Allen is just overall more dull commentator than Walker, and makes the same gaffes. Personally I'd prefer a flamboyant commentator who makes mistakes than a dull commentator that also makes mistakes. Whereas some of Murray's gaffes would just make me laugh, I can't say I get the same degree of amusement out of a rather duller commentator making the same mistakes.