PDA

View Full Version : Who do you trust?

Eki
20th July 2010, 08:45
Finns seem to be very trusting people. The trust less than European average only advertising, internet, environmentalist and the EU:

http://www.rdtrustedbrands.com/trusted-brands/results/tables/Trust%2520in%2520institutions.country.Finland.shtm l

Russians on the other hand seem to be very suspicious. They trust only the church and the government more than average:

http://www.rdtrustedbrands.com/trusted-brands/results/tables/Trust%2520in%2520institutions.country.Russia.shtml

ShiftingGears
20th July 2010, 08:58
Russians on the other hand seem to be very suspicious. They trust only the church and the government more than average

That's quite a contradiction.

anthonyvop
20th July 2010, 18:36
That's quite a contradiction.

Not really. I look at them as almost one in the same.

Jag_Warrior
20th July 2010, 18:48
I trust certain members of my family. Other than that, I trust no one and nothing else to any great degree.

Sonic
20th July 2010, 18:58
I'd trust my wife and family with my life, but outside of family I can only think of 2 or 3 people who I trust completely.

driveace
20th July 2010, 20:14
my wife fully,maybe one or two other family,but then NOBODY!!

Mark in Oshawa
20th July 2010, 20:58
The Russians trust gov't? Why should they? It has done nothing hurt them over the years. Stockholm syndrome run amok I think....

Russia is a broken and confused land still, and the gov't is the one thing that seems to always find a way to stay in control. Russians like strongman leaders though and I think that is where has manifested itself...

Eki
20th July 2010, 21:15
The Russians trust gov't? Why should they? It has done nothing hurt them over the years. Stockholm syndrome run amok I think....

Russia is a broken and confused land still, and the gov't is the one thing that seems to always find a way to stay in control. Russians like strongman leaders though and I think that is where has manifested itself...
Putin has some kind of a cult status in Russia. They probably think he looked good after Yeltsin. Like you said, Russians like "strongman" leaders. I guess they have that in common with Americans.

Hondo
20th July 2010, 23:48
Putin has some kind of a cult status in Russia. They probably think he looked good after Yeltsin. Like you said, Russians like "strongman" leaders. I guess they have that in common with Americans.

Maybe so, I like Putin. It's not so much the "tough guy" image as it is the way he tries to do what he says he'll do and doesn't shy away from making tough decisions.