PDA

View Full Version : The Open

veeten
16th July 2010, 14:08
Well, for the golfers around here, I thought that I'd give a shout-out about the tounament at St. Andrews this weekend. :)

Not bad, with Tiger, Phil, and the gang out playing some good game so far. But it looks like the UK has some exceptional players on the greens. Best of the bunch is McIlroy, youngest to shoot a round of 63 at 21 years of age.

Not bad, indeed. :)

race aficionado
16th July 2010, 14:14
I'm watching . . . I'm watching . . . .

I love the Open, specially if Tiger is in.

And with all of the rest of the competition, if you love golf, it has to be exciting.
:s mokin:

Eki
16th July 2010, 15:44
Well, for the golfers around here, I thought that I'd give a shout-out about the tounament at St. Andrews this weekend. :)

Not bad, with Tiger, Phil, and the gang out playing some good game so far. But it looks like the UK has some exceptional players on the greens. Best of the bunch is McIlroy, youngest to shoot a round of 63 at 21 years of age.

Not bad, indeed. :)
21 at 63 would be better.

Mark in Oshawa
16th July 2010, 16:14
I would have to say I just love they are playing on a course that has been where it is for over 500 years!

Love seeing Rory tear it up, but if the wind starts to blow, that party ends in a hurry. Guys will fight to hang onto par.. which is the way it should be.

race aficionado
16th July 2010, 17:48
I would have to say I just love they are playing on a course that has been where it is for over 500 years!

Love seeing Rory tear it up, but if the wind starts to blow, that party ends in a hurry. Guys will fight to hang onto par.. which is the way it should be.

Yep, having the wind gusting and having someone with a -12 in the club house already sure makes it a challenge.

That golf course is not for wussies.

:vader:

veeten
16th July 2010, 22:12
touching moment there, with Tom Watson crossing that 'bridge' for the final time, and dropping that put nearly a half-inch from the cup.

Though he didn't make it past the cut, it was a great moment nonetheless. :)

race aficionado
17th July 2010, 02:22
touching moment there, with Tom Watson crossing that 'bridge' for the final time, and dropping that put nearly a half-inch from the cup.

Though he didn't make it past the cut, it was a great moment nonetheless. :)

Yep, and right before Tiger's near hole in one (OK, it was not that close but it was a super shot) :)

As for the "bridge" scene, it was very cool - the evening sunset, the colored clouds, the wind in his face, the glowing smile - the perfect Kodak moment and Tom Watson is definitely a good showman - it was perfect and moving.

:s mokin:

Roamy
19th July 2010, 18:54
I think Ping just sold a sh!tload of new clubs

race aficionado
19th July 2010, 22:51
I think Ping just sold a sh!tload of new clubs

Yep, and that NIKE putter . . . . . .