PDA

View Full Version : Guilty pleasure?

Sonic
13th July 2010, 09:58
We've all got one (I hope. Or this is going to be a very embarrassing thread for me!) Be it a song, a movie or a lame TV show.

Mine is Miss Congeniality, with Sandra Bullock, Michael Caine and the Shat. Now I could try and claim that its a legitimate addition to my collection of DVD's because it has the legendary Bill Shatner and Michael Caine in it, but in truth I jkust like it.

OK, so my dirty little secret is out there. Care to air yours in public?

Sonic
13th July 2010, 13:18
Wimps! :p

Man (or woman) up and fess up to your best kept entertainment secrets.

GridGirl
13th July 2010, 13:24
At times I would have to say shopping. My shopping list for the Next sale tomorrow night currently totals over £2k to which I am still adding items :eek: I wont end up spending that amount but I'm pretty sure that my Next account and this months pay packet when I get the bill will almost certainly get a bashing. :)

I could also tell my other half I paid any amount for any item. He really wouldnt have a clue. This is probably a bad thing when it comes to my guilty shopping vice.

Mark in Oshawa
13th July 2010, 13:27
My guilty pleasure? R30 by Rush...a DVD of their stuff from Rio and Germany I believe. I lost it in the last move and I may have to go buy another copy....

Other than that...Aussie Rules Football when TSN in Canada deems it worthy of playing the game of the week.

Garry Walker
13th July 2010, 19:12
I like to eat Fries with Ice cream. Sick, I know.

UltimateDanGTR
13th July 2010, 19:19
ive had a guilty pleasure this summer: supporting argentina in the world cup. Im sorry guys, but with the attacking players in their squad, the attacking attitude and that idiot maradonna who has that immense passion and humour and sheer cheekiness that makes him an amazing human being, I couldnt help myself.

there, Ive said it.

Francis44
13th July 2010, 19:20
I love fish with Ketchup, it's not that usual over here.

wedge
14th July 2010, 14:12
I have a sneaky peak at Max Power from time to time.

MrJan
14th July 2010, 15:55
Beastiality ;)

Rudy Tamasz
15th July 2010, 16:30
'Alexander' shot by Oliver Stone is my thing. I'm not alone to love ancient history, but this three hour movie is a difficult affair for many people and a guilty pleasure for me.

markabilly
15th July 2010, 16:38
donKey jote's old lady....whenever I got an extra 50 cents and she ain't too busy........as to Alexander, I thought the lead role should have gone to someone else, but I do not know

who ???
well I don't know, as the real Alexander was a one briiliant, crazy mean SOB and the whole idea of freedom and equality was only about Stone's politics and justification---and no doubt, if he did not activily involve himself, he indirectly encourgaed the assisnation of his father as he was impatient that the old man might steal some glory

He just wanted as much as he could get to rule over, and enough was never enough

Aleaxander was perhaps the greatest warrior king ever...who had no mercy for anyone who mouthed off about equality and freedom.....perhaps Craig might have been able to come close to his real character...I dunno who else....perhaps the crazy guy in Death Race and those Transporter movies????

bottom line, I dunno.....

Unfortunately I have only watched the movie 20 times or more, and do love it, flaws and all, and is the closest movie I have seen that comes close to capturing the real Alex or life in ancient greece (boyfriends and all)....... (for a total of an excess of 60 hours of my life)

BTW-- I thought the first third to one half of Troy was excellent, but it just went much TOO much Hollywood about half way through

anthonyvop
15th July 2010, 19:42
I have many pleasures but don't feel guilty about any of them.

Come to think of it....What is it like feeling guilty? I personally wouldn't know

Eki
15th July 2010, 21:23
I have many pleasures but don't feel guilty about any of them.

Come to think of it....What is it like feeling guilty? I personally wouldn't know
Neither do psychopaths:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy

Psychopaths gain satisfaction through antisocial behavior, and do not experience shame, guilt, or remorse for their actions.[16][17][18] Psychopaths lack a sense of guilt or remorse for any harm they may have caused others, instead rationalizing the behavior, blaming someone else, or denying it outright.

anthonyvop
16th July 2010, 00:06
Neither do psychopaths:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy

Ahhhhhh.....The queen of Wikipedia strikes again.

schmenke
16th July 2010, 18:28
My guilty pleasure? R30 by Rush...a DVD of their stuff from Rio and Germany I believe. ...

That's not a guilty pleasure, that's a kick-arse dvd :up:
Every now and then I'll pop that into the player, turn up the subwoofer and rattle the windows :D

My guilty pleasure: reading anthonyvop's posts with a smile on my face ;)

airshifter
16th July 2010, 19:09
I couldn't even count something like watching Miss Congeniality. With a wife and daughter in the house I couldn't avoid stuff like that if I wanted, and a lot of "chick flicks" aren't that bad anyway.

I'm not guilty about anything I like really.

As for Mr Jan Yeo, do you know why the horses in that part of the world run so fast? They saw what happened to the slow sheep! :eek:

dunes
18th July 2010, 02:00
Women who cant stay faithful
Believe it not but i've never cheated,however all of my five former wives have. I'm not a stud but they swear im good, then why cant i find oned who wont cheat.Im cute rich and a hard worker, so whats up.